Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia (63687 Views)

Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
PAWG:

Has it made fuel cheaper? It’s easy to spot your type, it always ends in insults.

You’re under no obligation to respond to me, I will leave you on your high horse
Nothing you say makes sense. Why are you brining up fuel, which is influenced by subsidy and international oil prices? This is not comparable to cement. I don't know what they teach you people in school, but you lack basic reasoning.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by tonididdy(m): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
... Ehen and so...
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by SenecaTheYonger: 9:23pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lol, when I said Dangote is the single biggest reason why accommodation is becoming unaffordable you won’t believe me.

Nepotism is very bad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Xisnin(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Please do your research before leaving a comment. Nigeria cement prices are high because of scarcity.
This is like saying the sky is blue. The price of any product depends on supply and demand.
You have to look beyond the basics to understand the issue.
Despite the topic, my submission was about economic realities and not specifically Dangote.
So, this issue can only be solved from an economic and legal perspective, any other approach
will have no effect.

The government doesn't allow imports and Dangote chased other companies out of the industry by hoarding limestone resources in the Southern part of the country.
Nigeria used to import more than half its cement until OBJ decided it was a bad idea.
You don't hoard limestone just like investors don't hoard oil wells. You either own one
or you don't. It is not something you share.
BTW, do you support blanket allowance for the importation of any product into the country?

BUA is not the problem. He knows what Dangote is doing is wrong, but he has no incentive to lower his prices because he is struggling to meet market demand due to the lack of supply in the industry.
BUA is playing a psychology game as all capitalists do. The only thing wrong from the perspective of BUA is that
Dangote cornered the largest part of the market. If the roles were switched, Dangote will be playing the same game.
It is never about right and wrong for a capitalist. It is always about profit and outmaneuvering the competition.
Which is also the beauty of capitalism. If Dangote lowers his price tomorrow, BUA will follow suit despite the "scarcity" excuse.

When a businessman is asking for more competition, you know the situation is bad. Read here for more information.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/02/09/bua-advocates-liberalisation-of-cement-policy-to-crash-price/
[/quote]
I actually read this article then. Rabiu isn't calling for more competitions in the real sense.
He is calling for "liberalization" which is different because that would weaken his competitor but
it isn't because he is some angel. Rabiu won't call for or work towards liberalization of any industry he dominates.

I still maintain that there is no specific law preventing new cement companies from starting up.
One thing Rabiu could do is rally his own politician investors and introduce a new bill into the national assembly
to correct any specific problem with the current policy. That would give Nigerians a real view of the industry.
Just blaming "policy" is not enough.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
Lol, when I said Dangote is the single biggest reason why accommodation is becoming unaffordable you won’t believe me.

Nepotism is very bad.
He is single-handedly destroying Nigeria. Building a road cost 4x what it cost in other countries. Building a hospital costs 3x and building a mall cost 2x.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Smartjob1(f): 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
How much does it cost to produce a bag of cement in Nigeria? Let's compare this and have something concrete to hammer on.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Subsea101: 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
If really you're the person on your dp, then I guess you're just a useless old tribalistic fellow without an iota of wisdom.
I guess you've not moulded a single block to your name talkless of having your personal house.

People are busy talking about issues of national economic importance, you're here talking about a particular tribe.

jaszplus12:

A particular tribe are not happy because it's not their person that's enjoying the monopoly...if it were... hmmnmm they would have said how no one else can be smarter than them!! Would not have referred to it as wickedness but as business acumen!!
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by brandsoncharlie: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Open your eyes. Dangote bribed them not to fine him.
grin grin grin.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by rafindo(m): 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
When people ask me why I don't invest in Nigeria, remember this thread and responses like this. Nigerians are addicted to stagnation and justify their own demise -- only a fool would put his hard earned capital into a nation of monkeys like this.

Cement prices around the world range from $3 to $6 while Dangote is selling for the equivalent of $11 for a profit margin of 60% in Nigeria compared to an industry average profit margin of 5% to 12%. He is able to charge these high prices because of low competition -- he kicked out competitors by hoarding limestone resources and convincing the federal government to ban imports.

According to Rabiu of BUA Group, Nigeria's real cost of cement production is the lowest in the world. The high prices are because of price gouging and monopolistic behavior from Dangote.

Did you listen to yourself.
BuA and lafarge should wake up
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by slimman007: 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
elGenius:
Op is just being mischievous and petty, or maybe ignorant.

let me enlighten you.

say you are an international business man selling product "A" to your country and country "Bc"

if the fuel price, electricity cost, tax and salary budget in your country is almost 2 or 3 times that of country "Bc", according to the law of cost, expenses, profit and all the economy brouhaha , will you still sell the product at the same price?

if not which country will "A" be cheaper??

this is common sense.

and Aba man who sells shoes in Lagos - imported through the port - and in his home town Aba, where do you think his shoes will be cheaper.

it's all about the expenses and profit.

What expenses are you referring to remember the raw materials he uses to produce is gotten from here so why will he sell the product that ridiculous amount.This is sheer wickedness and I don't blame him I blame those in power that singlehandedly empowered him and made him rich at the expense of the Nigerian people.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by brandsoncharlie: 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tobbit:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Yes. Cause when one can't speak about one's activities with high level of intelligence, it means there's rottenness deep within. That's why no matter what he does Arsenal won't sell the club to him so he can white wash his image

He's stripping Nigerians to the bones but just few know it.

Cement should not be more than 2500/3500 Naira per bag.

When Dangote mentioned interest into Tomatoes, the market got destabilised, same Tomato that had revolved around 40/60 Naira for decades skyrocketed to 150/200 Naira

Now let me go deeper into the underlying econometrics of this.

If Tomato is farmed, processed, cost of maritime, haulage to Nigeria and the price steadies around 40/60 Naira for a decade, Home based productivity that benefits the masses should go below the import/retail price for the same size and not Quadriple it.

Which makes me beg our local outfits when they write stories why don't they get experts to run intelligent analysis on issues like this?

How should Tomato farmed in Italy/China cost five times lesser the proposed Nigerian price. And we want to maintain a strict almost closed market structure around it

The same thing is being done to Milk as we speak and will begin to roll out over the next few years

Local productivity isn't just about creating jobs if it's not going to result into subsidised reduction or close in prices to Imported goods, then should we bother about home based productivity atall?

The insult as a macroecononist that I am is Many average Nigerians will say fluctuations, light, power this that and that. Forgetting these guys mostly use casualties labours, generate huge finances from the stock market which in itself ought to be a stabiliser against sudden spikes in production chain

So I beg to wonder where are the elites

If I'm wrong, why is Milo still the same price inspite of different economic realities in the past 5 to 10 years. Kiln maintained the same price for over a decade. Nut No, Dangote must spike prices 50 times every 2 years, yet Nigerians are the ones financing it realistically and getting terrible Dividends that doesn't reflect profits his overall financial standings continue to reflect

I don't think Nigerians have professionals in the media. I doubt.
Please you just made real facts.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by seunaj: 9:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
samwash:
Let's face the reality, many factors comes into play in the production industry.
lets compare Zambia to Nigria in terms of
Economic growth
Government policies & tax
Dollar exchange rate
Source of raw materials
Market competivenes
Manpower & Technology
Security, Power etc.
A company that has its factory in two different country ( lets say Nigeria & Benin Republic) will not sell a particular product the same price in both country even if they are neighbors.
Note; the value of the country local currency plays a major role that's were inflation comes into play.
Your argument has no base. All the raw materials Dangote is using to produce his cement is locally sourced in Nigeria. Foreign exchange should have nothing to do with what is produced locally in the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by OutOnBail(m): 9:32pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tobbit:
Following our fights on your CBD thread about this. I'm glad you finally took it up, did your research and you're now seeing the light.

I passed a memo yesterday following an information I came across. I hope you are looking into that aswell

Shell Petroleum is out with an exclusive information..

It's a clause within the PIB Bill that is aimed at granting Dangote the sole right to export crude out of the Country... Imagine. Time for another protest Nigerians. Spread the word.

Post this information on your timeline across all your social media handles to sensitive and inform people........ Let's kill this bill before it sees the light of the day..

I believe this is why they don't want to sell our refineries cos if they do, it will break Dangote's incoming monopoly in the oil sector. That guy is evil

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by somehow: 9:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
yesloaded:

To make it simple, let FG unban importation of cement

It's that simple

USA doesn't have crude oil whereas we do here in Nigeria

US does not have crude oil?

Wetin I no go hear!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by jaszplus12(m): 9:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
Subsea101:
If really you're the person on your dp, then I guess you're just a useless old tribalistic fellow without an iota of wisdom.
I guess you've not moulded a single block to your name talkless of having your personal house.

People are busy talking about issues of national economic importance, you're here talking about a particular tribe.

You are who you describe yourself to be....so when you come to sea level... you'll be invited to see the one block I've moulded... don't take life seriously bro....
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Advocate500: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
jaszplus12:

Are you his advocate?? Are you his mind? Can you visualize me in his heart? If your answers are yes, then I'll agree with you sir....
lol , I know you are paid to do what you are doing but let pause for a minute and of posterity brother.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by brandsoncharlie: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Currency conversion could actually be misleading. What is the cost of production in Zambia? What is the profit margin over there? He might be using the same costing sheet in both countries. I don't think it's intelligent to think the final prices must be the same. Just saying...
The price must not be the same but his profit margin is very high compared to Zambia despite the fact their economy may be more favorable in terms of production and others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Brushstrokes20: 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2021
The doomed contraption is LONG OVERDUE FOR A BLOODY REVOLT!

ENOUGH OF NONSENSE!
ENOUGH OF ROBBING PETER TO PAY PAUL!
THE DOOMED SHITHOLE IS ON A CLIFF EDGE!
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by NaMe4: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
When people ask me why I don't invest in Nigeria, remember this thread and responses like this. Nigerians are addicted to stagnation and justify their own demise -- only a fool would put his hard earned capital into a nation of monkeys like this.

Cement prices around the world range from $3 to $6 while Dangote is selling for the equivalent of $11 for a profit margin of 60% in Nigeria compared to an industry average profit margin of 5% to 12%. He is able to charge these high prices because of low competition -- he kicked out competitors by hoarding limestone resources and convincing the federal government to ban imports.

According to Rabiu of BUA Group, Nigeria's real cost of cement production is the lowest in the world. The high prices are because of price gouging and monopolistic behavior from Dangote.

You'll still see a few try to justify such absurdity.

That's why the country is where it is today.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by EFGH: 9:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
Dangote is one of the biggest fraud that has ever come out from Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by jaszplus12(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
Advocate500:
lol , I know you are paid to do what you are doing but let pause for a minute and of posterity brother.
I guess you're paying me....can you increase it a little? I need more cement! grin grin
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Krismas(m): 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:

cool Dangote isnt the only cement influencer or is he? There is Lafarge, Elephant, Burham, BUA and so on. Why face Dangote alone with all ur muscle? All these big big english? abi u be winch?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
Awon 'Suffering And Smiling Geng' are in solidarity..
See dem with their jonzing cappings upandan..
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
ayterajah:
Am not supporting dangote but my point of view is that what's the economy state of Zambia compare to Nigeria and don't forget that dangote it's not alone ... he have many govt officials under him

Do you know it cost him more taking cement to that country than distributing in Nigeria?

So which should be more costly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Hushbingo: 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
jaszplus12:

A particular tribe are not happy because it's not their person that's enjoying the monopoly...if it were... hmmnmm they would have said how no one else can be smarter than them!! Would not have referred to it as wickedness but as business acumen!!
Stop this tribal war... Everyone is being reasonable here you're just displaying your childishness
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by NaMe4: 9:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tobbit:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Yes. Cause when one can't speak about one's activities with high level of intelligence, it means there's rottenness deep within. That's why no matter what he does Arsenal won't sell the club to him so he can white wash his image

He's stripping Nigerians to the bones but just few know it.

Cement should not be more than 2500/3500 Naira per bag.

When Dangote mentioned interest into Tomatoes, the market got destabilised, same Tomato that had revolved around 40/60 Naira for decades skyrocketed to 150/200 Naira

Now let me go deeper into the underlying econometrics of this.

If Tomato is farmed, processed, cost of maritime, haulage to Nigeria and the price steadies around 40/60 Naira for a decade, Home based productivity that benefits the masses should go below the import/retail price for the same size and not Quadriple it.

Which makes me beg our local outfits when they write stories why don't they get experts to run intelligent analysis on issues like this?

How should Tomato farmed in Italy/China cost five times lesser the proposed Nigerian price. And we want to maintain a strict almost closed market structure around it

The same thing is being done to Milk as we speak and will begin to roll out over the next few years

Local productivity isn't just about creating jobs if it's not going to result into subsidised reduction or close in prices to Imported goods, then should we bother about home based productivity atall?

The insult as a macroecononist that I am is Many average Nigerians will say fluctuations, light, power this that and that. Forgetting these guys mostly use casualties labours, generate huge finances from the stock market which in itself ought to be a stabiliser against sudden spikes in production chain

So I beg to wonder where are the elites

If I'm wrong, why is Milo still the same price inspite of different economic realities in the past 5 to 10 years. Kiln maintained the same price for over a decade. Nut No, Dangote must spike prices 50 times every 2 years, yet Nigerians are the ones financing it realistically and getting terrible Dividends that doesn't reflect profits his overall financial standings continue to reflect

I don't think Nigerians have professionals in the media. I doubt.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Zionmdde: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
PlsBanMe:
Dangote is not donating to politicians there or to the two major political parties in that country as he does in Nigeria. Someone has to pay after all.

His business there probably run on public electricity supply, thereby reducing his costs unlike Nigeria where he probably has to bribe electricity distribution companies and has to have standby generator sets.

Less cost of production will lead automatically to lower prices of goods.
Oga say wat u know
Danger powers his plants with natural gas sold to him by nnpc at a very subsidised price courtesyof government.and for ur info gas is cheap. This is plain wickedness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Subsea101: 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lol, what do you know about the sea level

Sometimes, try and make sense with your utterances, you're an old man, try and talk like one...

jaszplus12:

You are who you describe yourself to be....so when you come to sea level... you'll be invited to see the one block I've moulded... don't take life seriously bro....
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Emperor88(m): 9:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
samwash:
Let's face the reality, many factors comes into play in the production industry.
lets compare Zambia to Nigria in terms of
Economic growth
Government policies & tax
Dollar
A company that has its factory in two different country ( lets say Nigeria & Benin Republic) will price in both coun currency.....
You dey mind the olodos ni? You generate your own power here in Nigeria, pay multiple tax, poor transportation, weak currency and you want to compare with other countries... Ask why Innoson vehicles are as expensive as Mercedes Benz?

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lomprico2: 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
LMS1:

Na For Uranus Bro, The Visa Cost Die, So No Bother To Come.

I no even think am!
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Allwell96: 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
I hope your research covers cost of production between the two countries?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by TruthinAction: 9:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
Is the cement sold in Zambia imported from Nigeria or produced in Zambia by Dangote? It is possible if cost of production is far lower in Zambia. In any case, what are the billionaires from the south doing? They should invest in cement and break the power of monopoly.

These northern guys though less educated seems wiser in business and politics.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Son, Fewa's Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.