Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,416 members, 7,800,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia - Business (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia (63667 Views)

Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2021
Tobbit:
Wait for the refinery. Let's see the open hand the legislators would give him
blaise26abj:
And he will do same with his refinery . This is why a whole country can’t have a fully functional
refinery and APC in its stark madness will be touting a private refinery as our saviour . Is Dangote richer than Nigeria ? No. the idea is help him monopolize the market by keeping the national refineries moribund

Didn’t the NNPC just signed a contract YESTERDAY (Tuesday) to retrofit and rehabilitate the PH refinery?
As well as announce that the Warri and Kaduna refineries will undergo a similar process starting later this year.

Isn’t BUA Group building a big refinery in Akwa Ibom State? Aren’t several smaller refineries operating (Waltersmith, Edo, Orient, etc)?
Weren’t there at least 28 licenses for private refineries issued (starting from OBJ administration) BEFORE Dangote got a license under Jonathan?

Nigerians are really STRANGE human beings...
Ready to worship and celebrate failures, but attack and denigrate success. No wonder Nigeria is a DESERVEDLY Third World s/hole! SMH
>

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Benekkk: 6:50am On Apr 07, 2021
LMS1:
One Tribe Like That Will Hire Pickup Trucks And Troop To Zambia Just To Go And Buy The Cement At Cheaper Price And Resell Them Here In Nigeria For Profits.
Igbo Kwenu!! grin
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 6:54am On Apr 07, 2021
Aconomist:
The size of the economy doesn't matter. Cement price is selling for between 1,500 and 1,900 in South Africa, which is a large economy like Nigeria.

What’s the cost of production in South Africa?
Do producers in SA build their own electricity plants, housing, roads, provide security, water, etc.?

Aconomist:
this is not capitalism, this is corruption. And Dangote sells cement at a higher profit margin than Apple sells iphones. This is not comparable.
Aconomist:
Dangote is selling cement at double the profit margin of a Ferrari (30 percent). Dangote cement is 60 percent.

What difference does it make what Apple and Ferrari’s profit margins are?
In that same US (and Italy) there are businesses that make 100-200% profit margins.

Aconomist:
According to Rabiu of BUA Group, Nigeria's real cost of cement production is the lowest in the world. The high prices are because of price gouging and monopolistic behavior from Dangote.

So why is BUA Cement MORE EXPENSIVE than Dangote Cement...
Actually remember BUA and others complaining that Dangote Cement is UNDERCUTTING the market.

Lafarge is the world’s BIGGEST AND MOST POWERFUL producer of cement...
It has been operating in Nigeria since the 1960s, but even Lafarge’s cement cost MORE (or the same).
>

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 6:55am On Apr 07, 2021
LMS1:
One Tribe Like That Will Hire Pickup Trucks And Troop To Zambia Just To Go And Buy The Cement At Cheaper Price And Resell Them Here In Nigeria For Profits.
Igbo Kwenu!! grin

grin grin grin
>
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Igboid: 7:10am On Apr 07, 2021
Aconomist:
Ibeto is a coward. He makes no noise or protest. Atleast Rabiu has the sense to stand up for himself in the media and the courts, Ibeto prefers to beg behind the scenes like a dumbass. Weak pitiful man.

Ibeto is an Igbo man. You are not Igbo, yet you have seen how everyone from other parts of Nigeria has attacked you on this thread and in your other progressive threads, thinking you were Igbo.
Imagine if you were Igbo.

BUA can afford to speak freely against Dangote and get away with it, Ibeto cannot without being labelled a hateful Biafra driven by hate for a Northerner progress.

So before you go on to blame Ibeto for keeping quiet, you would first have to walk in his shoes as an Igbo man in an Igbophobic charged country like Nigeria.
His best bet is to maintain his peace and make his profits.

Nigeria is a country that hates the truth. Any one who speaks truth to Nigeria is assumed to be a hateful Igbo until proven otherwise.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Damibiz(m): 7:14am On Apr 07, 2021
Dangote saling cement 4000 or so is the same as an igbo man saling 1 cup of garri #100.....I'm not a fan of dangote neither,I support good. governance

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Damibiz(m): 7:14am On Apr 07, 2021
Dangote saling cement 4000 or so is the same as an igbo man saling 1 cup of garri #100.....I'm not a fan of dangote either,I support good. governance

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 7:15am On Apr 07, 2021
Aconomist:
I don't live in Nigeria, but it is still my country. And I can't invest until this cement issue is resolved.
Aconomist:
The country is a complete zoo. At this point I would rather invest in Ghana or Kenya than Nigeria. Worthless country full of zombies and monkeys. Dangote is selling cement for double (and sometimes triple) the international prices and monkey dey suffa and smile.

grin grin grin
grin grin cheesy

This “monkey” says keep your money, you LOW SELF-ESTEEM SELF-HATING demagogue...

I am reasonably certain that we “monkeys” can get by without whatever pittance you plan to “invest”, not least because Dangote Cement (together BUA Cement) has primarily transformed Nigeria from the world’s second-largest IMPORTER of cement (reportedly second only to the US), with cement-laden ships clogging up the sea lanes to Nigerian ports in what The Economist magazine dubbed “The Great Cement Armada of Lagos”, to an EXPORTER of cement, in the process saving Nigeria BILLIONS of dollars previously expended on cement imports, earning forex for Nigeria from exports, and (most importantly) creating TENS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS IN NIGERIA FOR NIGERIANS, as well as generating tax revenues (reportedly N98 billion in 2020 in corporate taxes, as reported here on Nairaland, not including income taxes) for the state to invest in social and physical infrastructure.

So we “monkeys” would rather you take your DISGUSTING, DISGRACEFUL AND DESPICABLE COMMENT along with your “investment” and stick it up where the sun wouldn’t bother it! SMDH
>

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Pickieox(m): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2021
Aconomist:
Dangote is selling cement for 55 Kwatcha (1150 naira) in Zambia. But in Nigeria, the same cement is going for 3,000 to 5,000 naira. Dangote is the biggest problem in Nigeria. I have never seen such a wicked excuse for a human being in my live. EndSARS is over. It's time to start END DANGOTE.

https://zambiareports.com/2021/03/31/78130/
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 7:50am On Apr 07, 2021
Igboid:
Ibeto is an Igbo man. You are not Igbo, yet you have seen how everyone from other parts of Nigeria has attacked you on this thread and in your other progressive threads, thinking you were Igbo.
Imagine if you were Igbo.

BUA can afford to speak freely against Dangote and get away with it, Ibeto cannot without being labelled a hateful Biafra driven by hate for a Northerner progress.

So before you go on to blame Ibeto for keeping quiet, you would first have to walk in his shoes as an Igbo man in an Igbophobic charged country like Nigeria.
His best bet is to maintain his peace and make his profits.

Nigeria is a country that hates the truth. Any one who speaks truth to Nigeria is assumed to be a hateful Igbo until proven otherwise.

Ibeto had a BIGGER problem fighting his own Ibo kin in Ebonyi State...

Ibeto won the bid for Nkalagu Cement Company during the same privatization process that saw Dangote win BCC Gboko, BUA win Sokoto Cement and Okpella (Edo) Cement, Scandinavian producer Holcim (which later became part of LafargeHolcim) win Calabar Cement, etc.

All of the bid winners have taken control and rebuilt and expanded the privatized entities - except for Ibeto, because he spent over a DECADE battling the Ebonyi State government and the host community for operational control of Nkalagu Cement (apparently his own fellow Ibo folks would have preferred that the privatized entity be sold to ‘Oyibo’ investors). Supposedly, a resolution was finally reached in 2019 or thereabouts, but as far as one is aware, not much has happened in respect of actual operational development.

PS: Btw, Ibeto was the last (in fact, for a while, the ONLY) entity importing and bagging cement, without any actual manufacturing.
>
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Igboid: 8:07am On Apr 07, 2021
9jaRealist:

Ibeto had a BIGGER problem fighting his own Ibo kin in Ebonyi State...

Ibeto won the bid for Nkalagu Cement Company during the same privatization process that saw Dangote win BCC Gboko, BUA win Sokoto Cement and Okpella (Edo) Cement, Scandinavian producer Holcim (which later became part of LafargeHolcim) win Calabar Cement, etc.

All of the bid winners have taken control and rebuilt and expanded the privatized entities - except for Ibeto, because he spent over a DECADE battling the Ebonyi State government and the host community for operational control of Nkalagu Cement (apparently his own fellow Ibo folks would have preferred that the privatized entity be sold to ‘Oyibo’ investors). Supposedly, a resolution was finally reached in 2019 or thereabouts, but as far as one is aware, not much has happened in respect of actual operational development.

PS: Btw, Ibeto was the last (in fact, for a while, the ONLY) entity importing and bagging cement, without any actual manufacturing.
>

He wasn't fighting his Igbo kin.
He was been made to go through the right process before acquisition and not to exploit the people and government of Ebonyi state.
In ideal world, that's the right thing to do. Ibeto is in the business for personal profit. He doesn't share his profit with Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, so why exactly should he not be made to come clean before acquisition of Nkalagu?

I'm aware the Ibeto suffered lots of import ban under OBJ all aimed at helping Dangote maintain monopoly.

BTW, your post has no correlation whatsoever with the points I'm raising.

Let me highlight my points again:

OP was wondering why Ibeto has not made any public remark about Dangote monopoly like Rabiu of BUA had.

The answer to the question is right in this thread.
Many had attacked OP even before looking at the points he raised simply because they assumed he is Igbo.
Its only when he had repeatedly declared that he isn't Igbo that many started even looking at the points he is raising without first attacking him and labelling him an Igbo full of hate. And this has happened in many of his other posts where he was pushing for social and political changes.

The above would explain why BUA can easily speak on Dangote without getting attacked but Ibeto can't. Hence Ibeto silence that OP labelled as cowardice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by LMS1(m): 8:11am On Apr 07, 2021
naijadrivablog:

You think say you de wise You
Nor Vex, I No No Say The Truth Go Pepper Una grin

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Skenky(m): 8:13am On Apr 07, 2021
You cant judge because of the price alone what is the economy like generally in Zambia. GDP, GNP and the inflation rate

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 8:19am On Apr 07, 2021
>
I have said it (as I am not particularly in the business of merely “implying”) previously here on Nairaland, that stripped of all intellectual pretensions, the majority of the Anti-Dangote diatribe is driven (wittingly or unwittingly) by CRUDE ETHNIC sentiments. There are still so many folks here on Nairaland (and across parts and segments of Nigeria) who still find it difficult to wrap their head around the fact that someone of Aliko Dangote’s ethnicity has been so fantastically successful. To assuage their own narrow-minded ethnocentricity, his success can only be explained by ethnic favoritism, corruption, cheating, etc., etc. The most regurgitated favorite of these demagogues is “monopoly” (a term they obviously do not understand). Yet, THERE IS NO SINGLE SECTOR IN NIGERIA WHERE DANGOTE HAS A MONOPOLY!

Dangote’s Competition

Cement: Lafarge (the world’s biggest producer, operating in Nigeria since the 1950s/60s); BUA Cement; Ibeto; etc.
Sugar: Flour Mills/Golden Sugar (in business since 1960); BUA; Josepdam; etc.
Petrochemicals: Indorama (one of the world’s biggest multinational producers); Warri Petrochemicals; Kaduna Petrochemicals; etc.
Fertilizer: Notore (with multinational investors such as the IFC and Orascom); Kaduna Superphosphate; etc.
Refineries: NNPC; Waltersmith; Orient; Edo; BUA; with more than 28 private refinery licenses issued since the OBJ administration.
Tomato Paste: GBFoods (the Spanish multinational operating in 50 countries), Erisco, and Tomato Jos, among others.

The cement that is being discussed on this thread, suffice it to reaffirm that Dangote competes in Nigeria against the world’s BIGGEST AND MOST POWERFUL producer of cement, HolcimLafarge. In fact, despite the world’s biggest producers (including Blue Circle, Holcim, Heidelberg, Scancem, etc.) having been operational in NIGERIA since the 1950s or 1960s (that is, before most Nairalanders were born), Dangote Cement is the FIRST (and probably remains the only) producer of 52.5R grade cement in Africa, which is the highest grade globally, and in the process has dragged foreign multinational cement producers in Nigeria (Lafarge, Holcim and Blue Circle, etc.) to modernize their facilities and upgrade their products from the 32.5R grade they had been foisting on Nigerian consumers since the 1960s to 42.5R. Blue Circle (now part of HolcimLafarge) did not bother to rehabilitate or upgrade its 1960s-era Shagamu and Ewekoro plants, until Dangote built its state-of-the-art Obajana plant.
>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by ofiko123(m): 8:30am On Apr 07, 2021
His life his business....

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by jaszplus12(m): 8:41am On Apr 07, 2021
aminusodiq:
zombies are so mentally retarded that they never knw what typographical errors means
Speed racer.... you don't have to excuse your errors...admit them as a mature person.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 8:45am On Apr 07, 2021
Igboid:
He was been made to go through the right process before acquisition and not to exploit the people and government of Ebonyi state.

In ideal world, that's the right thing to do. Ibeto is in the business for personal profit. He doesn't share his profit with Ohanaeze Ndiigbo, so why exactly should he not be made to come clean before acquisition of Nkalagu?

I'm aware the Ibeto suffered lots of import ban under OBJ all aimed at helping Dangote maintain monopoly.

OP was wondering why Ibeto has not made any public remark about Dangote monopoly like Rabiu of BUA had.

Many had attacked OP even before looking at the points he raised simply because they assumed he is Igbo.
Its only when he had repeatedly declared that he isn't Igbo that many started even looking at the points he is raising without first attacking him and labelling him an Igbo full of hate. And this has happened in many of his other posts where he was pushing for social and political changes.

The above would explain why BUA can easily speak on Dangote without getting attacked but Ibeto can't. Hence Ibeto silence that OP labelled as cowardice.

Tomayto, Tomahto... grin

However you want to polish that turd, point remains that his biggest problem was that the Ebonyi government and the community PHYSICALLY PREVENTED him from taking control of a company that he LAWFULLY acquired (following his acquisition of Eastern Bulkcem, the majority 60% shareholder of Nkalagu Cement). This caused Ibeto to remain the last and ONLY entity in the cement-bagging (rather than manufacturing) business in Nigeria, nearly resulting in the government shutting down Ibeto’s operations until he resolved the Nkalagu debacle and got foreign investment from Milost Global (the NYC-based PE firm) to modernize the Nkalagu plant.

Thus (as I previously stated) his BIGGEST problem was his fellow Ibo kindred in the Ebonyi State government and the Nkalagu Cement host community. It was NOT Obasanjo nor Dangote nor Rabiu.
>

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 8:52am On Apr 07, 2021
Igboid:

Meanwhile, Dangote has NEVER had a cement monopoly....

The world’s BIGGEST multinational cement producers (such as Blue Circle, Holcim, Heidelberg, Scancem, etc.) have been operating in Nigeria since the 1950s and/or 1960s, while Aliko Dangote was still a toddler and most of us here had not even been born. Lafarge has continually operated the oldest cement plants in Nigeria at Ewekoro and Shagamu since the 1960s - decades before Dangote’s first kiln!
>

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by OBAGADAFFI: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2021
Aconomist:
Dangote has a EBITDA (this calculates profits before tax, interest, depreciation, etc.) margin of 60%,. He says it in his annual report. If he has an EBITDA margin of 60% and he is selling for 3,000 naira, his cost of production is only 1200 naira. Also, notice how much lower the EBITDA margin is in "Pan Africa" which is his operations outside Nigeria.

This just just open price gouging. And you monkeys are too dumb to see it.

Link: https://www.dangotecement.com/wp-content/uploads/reports/2020/FY2020/DangoteCement_FY2020_ResultsStatement.pdf go to page 4.

shocked
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 8:56am On Apr 07, 2021
musicwriter:
It's very interesting you mentioned Benin republic for comparison.

Dangote is the single major reason that smuggling of rice and spaghetti from Benin republic into Nigeria became big business because he's excessively greedy. When he was importing rice and spaghetti from Benin republic, he used to sell in Nigeria up to 3 times higher than in Benin republic. Then smugglers would bring same commodities into Nigeria and sell cheaper than him!!. This's the major reason smuggling booms across Nigerian borders till today because he gave people other ideas.

grin grin grin

Tales by the Moonlight...
Next, you’ll tell us how he prevented electricity in Nigeria. SMH
>
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2021
Aconomist:
price war is not the solution. The solution is to liberalize the industry and allow more companies to get involved or allow imports

grin grin grin

The importers have returned...
Beginning to see your angst against Dangote. SMH

PS: Btw, price COMPETITION is one of the anchors of capitalism...
The other system, where the government sets price and quotas, has FAILED WOEFULLY!!

>

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 9:08am On Apr 07, 2021
chamboy:
You still sound arrogance and primitive.

He probably is... cool
>
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by deeva2: 9:12am On Apr 07, 2021
I THINK ITS because SOKOTO CEMENT IS COMPETING WITH HIM IN THAT REGION...
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Igboid: 9:17am On Apr 07, 2021
9jaRealist:

Tomayto, Tomahto... grin

However you want to polish that turd, point remains that his biggest problem was that the Ebonyi government and the community PHYSICALLY PREVENTED him from taking control of a company that he LAWFULLY acquired (following his acquisition of Eastern Bulkcem, the majority 60% shareholder of Nkalagu Cement). This caused Ibeto to remain the last and ONLY entity in the cement-bagging (rather than manufacturing) business in Nigeria, nearly resulting in the government shutting down Ibeto’s operations until he resolved the Nkalagu debacle and got foreign investment from Milost Global (the NYC-based PE firm) to modernize the Nkalagu plant.

Thus (as I previously stated) his BIGGEST problem was his fellow Ibo kindred in the Ebonyi State government and the Nkalagu Cement host community. It was NOT Obasanjo nor Dangote nor Rabiu.
>

You are not making any point.
Ibeto was forced and rightly made to go through due process before Nkalagu cement acquisition.
That's how it should be in ideal world.

Ebonyi state government made sure he pays every single dime the state is entitled to and that the host community are carried along as well.

You can't say to have lawfully acquired a company without carrying the host community along. You are into business and not exploitation of the people, all involved parties (business man, state government and local community) must and should benefit from the business.

Either way, your post still has no relationship with mine.
You left the point I raised and dived into another thing all together. More of obfuscation. I

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Igboid: 9:18am On Apr 07, 2021
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Igboid: 9:23am On Apr 07, 2021
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

The importers have returned...
Beginning to see your angst against Dangote. SMH

PS: Btw, price COMPETITION is one of the anchors of capitalism...
The other system, where the government sets price and quotas, has FAILED WOEFULLY!!

>

Just call him Igbo already and get done with it. You know you want to.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by blaise26abj(m): 9:28am On Apr 07, 2021
9jaRealist:

Didn’t the NNPC just signed a contract YESTERDAY (Tuesday) to retrofit and rehabilitate the PH refinery?
As well as announce that the Warri and Kaduna refineries will undergo a similar process starting later this year.

Isn’t BUA Group building a big refinery in Akwa Ibom State? Aren’t several smaller refineries operating (Waltersmith, Edo, Orient, etc)?
Weren’t there at least 28 licenses for private refineries issued (starting from OBJ administration) BEFORE Dangote got a license under Jonathan?

Nigerians are really STRANGE human beings...
Ready to worship and celebrate failures, but attack and denigrate success. No wonder Nigeria is a DESERVEDLY Third World s/hole! SMH
>

How many times was turnaround maintenance done for Nigerian refineries ? Over 25 billion dollars spent in 25 years , yet none is working . And you think this will be different ?
Dangote , once he has the major market share of a product , becomes very monopolistic of that market . He is a capitalist that is able to pull that off because of bad leadership in the country .

Lastly , lack of questioning is why Nigeria is where it is . People rob and rape the country but STRANGE people like you would rather call it success and cover their corruption . No wonder Nigeria is a shithole 3rd world country

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2021
blaise26abj:
Dangote runs a monopolistic market thereby forcing the hands of other competitors .
Let me give you an example - you have cornered 60 percent of sachet water market in Lagos . All other producer of sachet water in lagos share the remaining 40 percent . Cost of producing a sachet is 6 naira . A fair Selling price is 10 naira . However since you have 60 percent of the market , you can afford to bring down your price to 7 naira or 6.5 naira and your competitors can’t survive on that margin . This makes you the major market price determinant . If you decide to sell at 15 naira ,the competition will most likely follow suit (they will make more money that way) .
But if the competitors decide to defy you , you can decide to sell at 6.5 naira and kill off their market share .

That is what Dangote is doing . I have a friend that works with larfarge and he said from their analysis , they can sell PROFITABLY at 1800 per bag but they can’t defy the market leader especially if he is inadvertently making you money . Dangote is the enemy of the people . He is also a huge campaign donor to all the major political parties . So no matter who wins , he gets to monopolize the market

grin grin grin

Some of you have obviously never run a business...
Only a spectacularly DUMB person would price out many of his market at N15 when he can make 45% profit margin at N10.

So perhaps the problem is that Dangote’s competitors are spectacularly DUMB...
Lafarge is the WORLD’S MARKET LEADER AND BIGGEST PRODUCER has been in Nigeria since the 1960s (when Dangote was a toddler).

It is spectacularly DUMB that Lafarge could not survive a price “war” (if it came to that) with Dangote...
Meanwhile, Lafarge is selling 42.5R-graded cement against Dangote’s 52.5R-graded cement (the highest global grade).

Lafarge’s been in Nigeria decades before Dangote, content to sell lower-quality 32.5R products and to mostly import and bag cement...
It took Dangote’s entry for Lafarge to modernize its ancient environmentally-poor Ewekoro and Shagamu plants and to upgrade to 42.5R cement.

Market Leader ko, Iyaloja ni!
>

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by TSBO: 9:33am On Apr 07, 2021
Lucrativress:

When it comes to Nigeria's matter,there are some comparisons that are ironic
Who owns MTN,who is Dangote?
Just look at this refinery stuff,left to me,na Nigeria dey pay the entire money for that Refinery
Dangote is highly favored na,on a National level,MTN for where,no na..
Next time compare Dangote and Tinubu or another magnanimous economic Influencer,walahi na the real Influencers be this

You are missing the point. The point is that the Government is not really handicapped, they chose to be. I'll just leave it at that.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2021
blaise26abj:
How many times was turnaround maintenance done for Nigerian refineries ? Over 25 billion dollars spent in 25 years , yet none is working . And you think this will be different ?
Dangote , once he has the major market share of a product , becomes very monopolistic of that market . He is a capitalist that is able to pull that off because of bad leadership in the country .

Lastly , lack of questioning is why Nigeria is where it is . People rob and rape the country but STRANGE people like you would rather call it success and cover their corruption . No wonder Nigeria is a shithole 3rd world country.

And so your answer is to punish Dangote for the FAILURE of the NNPC?
Like I said, a very STRANGE s/hole nation and people - celebrate/defend failure and detest/punish success. SMDH
>
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by 9jaRealist: 9:46am On Apr 07, 2021
Igboid:
Just call him Igbo already and get done with it. You know you want to.

I don’t know (and frankly don’t care) if he’s Ibo...
What I do know is that importing cement is as DUMB as importing fuel.

We have about 98-99% of raw materials for cement in Nigeria...
But instead of creating TENS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS IN NIGERIA...
He wants to expend scarce foreign reserves to enrich a handful of importers.
>
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by virago(f): 9:47am On Apr 07, 2021
winterfell007:

You are not smart. it's very obvious. the major reason why they can't cut their prices is because Dangote controls more than 60% of the market share. he determines the price. That's why he's regarded as a monopolist. Have you ever wondered why Dangote exited from the noodles market, the flour market, water business and the juice business? the answer is simple. they were other serious players in each of the aforementioned business.
Dangote likes to play in a business where he's clearly the market leader so that we can determine the price whenever he likes. This is a huge economic malpractices.
I guess you wouldn't understand this, you aren't that smart afterall

He also did that with sugar some years back and made more than 200% on each bag of sugar before licenses were approved for BUA and Flour Mills of Nigeria. At that time he was the sole producer and distributor of sugar in the country. He wasn't even able to produce all the sugar needed in the country and had to import the deficit. The landing cost of sugar then was 3500 per bag and he sold at 12000 , this was some 7 years ago

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Son, Fewa's Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.