Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia (63750 Views)

Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by udemzyudex(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
samwash:
Let's face the reality, many factors comes into play in the production industry.
lets compare Zambia to Nigria in terms of
Economic growth
Government policies & tax
Dollar exchange rate
Source of raw materials
Market competivenes
Manpower & Technology
Security, Power etc.
A company that has its factory in two different country ( lets say Nigeria & Benin Republic) will not sell a particular product the same price in both country even if they are neighbors.
Note; the value of the country local currency plays a major role that's were inflation comes into play.

What are you trying to justify?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by angelfallz(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
The truth is that, Nigerians aren't aware.

Aconomist:
The country is a complete zoo. At this point I would rather invest in Ghana or Kenya than Nigeria. Worthless country full of zombies and monkeys. Dangote is selling cement for double (and sometimes triple) the international prices and monkey dey suffa and smile.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
You guys haven't seen anything yet. The worst will soon be heard once his refinery begin to function..

11 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by blackinitiative: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
jaszplus12:

A particular tribe are not happy because it's not their person that's enjoying the monopoly...if it were... hmmnmm they would have said how no one else can be smarter than them!! Would not have referred to it as wickedness but as business acumen!!
God!
So you are comfortable with been cheated provided it is done by someone of your tribe.
This is a clear case of exploitation and you are playing the tribal card. We truly deserve every bad leader we get.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by CocoaOla: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tobbit:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Yes. Cause when one can't speak about one's activities with high level of intelligence, it means there's rottenness deep within. That's why no matter what he does Arsenal won't sell the club to him so he can white wash his image

He's stripping Nigerians to the bones but just few know it.

Cement should not be more than 2500/3500 Naira per bag.

When Dangote mentioned interest into Tomatoes, the market got destabilised, same Tomato that had revolved around 40/60 Naira for decades skyrocketed to 150/200 Naira

Now let me go deeper into the underlying econometrics of this.

If Tomato is farmed, processed, cost of maritime, haulage to Nigeria and the price steadies around 40/60 Naira for a decade, Home based productivity that benefits the masses should go below the import/retail price for the same size and not Quadriple it.

Which makes me beg our local outfits when they write stories why don't they get experts to run intelligent analysis on issues like this?

How should Tomato farmed in Italy/China cost five times lesser the proposed Nigerian price. And we want to maintain a strict almost closed market structure around it

The same thing is being done to Milk as we speak and will begin to roll out over the next few years

Local productivity isn't just about creating jobs if it's not going to result into subsidised reduction or close in prices to Imported goods, then should we bother about home based productivity atall?

The insult as a macroecononist that I am is Many average Nigerians will say fluctuations, light, power this that and that. Forgetting these guys mostly use casualties labours, generate huge finances from the stock market which in itself ought to be a stabiliser against sudden spikes in production chain

So I beg to wonder where are the elites

If I'm wrong, why is Milo still the same price inspite of different economic realities in the past 5 to 10 years. Kiln maintained the same price for over a decade. Nut No, Dangote must spike prices 50 times every 2 years, yet Nigerians are the ones financing it realistically and getting terrible Dividends that doesn't reflect profits his overall financial standings continue to reflect

I don't think Nigerians have professionals in the media. I doubt.
i cant believe nigeria still have real human being with high IQ like you man you said it all nigerians are only good in corruptions
averages nigerians are educated illiterates forming street wise to cheat their fellows. it horrible here

16 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by ikllbrokehoes(m): 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
Sunmoluvic:

That's cruel, but you should take a consideration into some things such as the availability of natural resources (limestone) used in making cements. But still, the price too much
It should be very cruel, these guys are stealing from Nigerians in broad day light and you don't want them to express themselves? do you still love suffering and smiling? something needs to be done about this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Edwin046(m): 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
LMS1:
One Tribe Like That Will Hire Pickup Trucks And Troop To Zambia Just To Go And Buy The Cement At Cheaper Price And Resell Them Here In Nigeria For Profits.
Igbo Kwenu!! grin
Another idiot...

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Asour: 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
They have no incentive to do that. According to Rabiu, the problem in the industry is scarcity. They can't produce enough to meet demand. The only solution is to allow more companies to enter the industry and compete OR allow imports.

Nigerians have to come up with self thought solutions to break this. Complaining would not help. Never did.
Since it's not a monopoly (technically).

Capitalism has little soul. Any advantage that can be used would be used in capitalism. If he can dominate more he probably will.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by sunday0707(m): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
When people ask me why I don't invest in Nigeria, remember this thread and responses like this. Nigerians are addicted to stagnation and justify their own demise -- only a fool would put his hard earned capital into a nation of monkeys like this.

Cement prices around the world range from $3 to $6 while Dangote is selling for the equivalent of $11 for a profit margin of 60% in Nigeria compared to an industry average profit margin of 5% to 12%. He is able to charge these high prices because of low competition -- he kicked out competitors by hoarding limestone resources and convincing the federal government to ban imports.

According to Rabiu of BUA Group, Nigeria's real cost of cement production is the lowest in the world. The high prices are because of price gouging and monopolistic behavior from Dangote.
I don't believe Rabiu, let him reduce his own product price with a reasonable amount and let's see if people would be waiting on dangote. Though until the masses in the country wakes up to reality, government through people like him and dangote would continue to toy the citizenry

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by udemzyudex(m): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
jaszplus12:

A particular tribe are not happy because it's not their person that's enjoying the monopoly...if it were... hmmnmm they would have said how no one else can be smarter than them!! Would not have referred to it as wickedness but as business acumen!!

grow up, the particular tribe are not the only people building houses or building infrastructures in this country.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by yesloaded: 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Staphylococcus:

You are not brilliant OP

Chevron and Shell selling PMS over $2.50/Liter in the USA, Why are they selling cheaper in Nigeria

You see that comparison is baseless

To make it simple, let FG unban importation of cement

It's that simple

USA doesn't have crude oil whereas we do here in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by kenex4ever(m): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
elGenius:

Is he the only one producing cement, why don't the others step up and compete.

if he sells at #3000 the others should sell at #1000 and let the market force take effect.

after all he isn't forcing anybody to his products.
Be talking like u won't make money to build house in your life.

Your market force cannot take effect in this case. The major supplier determines the price. If Dangote supply 2000000 bags of cement and other producers supply 100,000. Even if they sell cheap, it won't affect Dangote because their products won't be enough to meet the demand.

It's funny that some low lives are taking this to be tribal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lafrresh: 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Ok lemme ask you this question , if you were Dangote would you reduce your price or increase it to make profit
You'll probably say increase so I don't see why you are insulting him
The difference between Nigeria and other countries is the because he's not their main cement producer and the government over their have fixed maximum prices for his goods

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by yusluvad(m): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Csami:

You're a zomb!e. Who in their right mind would justify this nonsense? What has tribe got to do with this? Are his people getting the cement for free?
Let's call wickedness what it is and not tag tribe to it.
Osu mi oooo
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by angelfallz(m): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
not true, "Local production is useful but it should not come at all costs. So much was made of the expected outcomes for Nigeria once cement production was localised, but have the premises for those promises been proven right? Available data shows that Nigerian cement firms have the world’s highest profit margins, with Dangote Cement having margins of 45 per cent, when margins of major cement producers in other countries in India, Germany, Mexico, range from 1 to 14 per cent, with one other outlier being China’s Anhui Conch Cement that has a 21 per cent profit margin.

Margins this high in what is arguably the least developed continent on the planet do not make a lot of sense. Having profits from lower margins on higher volumes would give more of a mutually beneficial situation.
"

you can read the full article here: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/450128-of-dangote-and-near-absolute-monopolies-by-cheta-nwanze.html

elGenius:
Op is just being mischievous and petty, or maybe ignorant.

let me enlighten you.

say you are an international business man selling product "A" to your country and country "Bc"

if the fuel price, electricity cost, tax and salary budget in your country is almost 2 or 3 times that of country "Bc", according to the law of cost, expenses, profit and all the economy brouhaha , will you still sell the product at the same price?

if not which country will "A" be cheaper??

this is common sense.

and Aba man who sells shoes in Lagos - imported through the port - and in his home town Aba, where do you think his shoes will be cheaper.

it's all about the expenses and profit.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Jonegonu: 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Acidosis:
You guys are always on Dangote's matter yet his cement is not the only available brand in the market. Did anybody force you to buy Dangote cement?

...always complaining about how Dangote killed competition. Tbh, this is one of the craziest things I have seen on the internet. If Dangote wants to kill Ibeto, Unicem, Lafarge and others, all he needs to do is crash the price of cement to N1000 per bag. He doesn't need to bribe anybody. This is simple economics. Make una dey use una head on this forum.

Dangote is wicked bla bla, yet his noodles, spaghetti and salt are some of the cheapest brands in the market.

Look at the images below and search for the brand with the best and cheapest offer.

As per the Zambian analogy from the OP, it's really not worth a response from me. I would leave that for primary school students to debate.
thanks brother
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by slowice(m): 7:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Kill Dangote before he kills Nigeria..... The man is dangerous to us all and must be stopped before he destroys what's left of this failing contraption.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by PAWG(m): 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Dangote is selling cement for 55 Kwatcha (1150 naira) in Zambia. But in Nigeria, the same cement is going for 3,000 to 5,000 naira. Dangote is the biggest problem in Nigeria. I have never seen such a wicked excuse for a human being in my live. EndSARS is over. It's time to start END DANGOTE.

https://zambiareports.com/2021/03/31/78130/

What do I know? Have you done your analysis on the cost of production and transportation in Nigeria in comparison to that of Zambia?

Is Dangote the only seller of Cement in Nigeria?

OP please I need answers to the following.

Your statement about Dangote being the biggest problem in Nigeria shows how myopic and hate-filled you are.

Repent

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Nylonbag: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
They is why I am not really excited about his refinery,I am expecting 1ltr of fuel to hit 1000 once it kicks off
The man is a very wicked man,I bought cement 3,700 naira today

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
Asour:

Nigerians have to come up with self thought solutions to break this. Complaining would not help. Never did.
Since it's not a monopoly (technically).

Capitalism has little soul. Any advantage that can be used would be used in capitalism. If he can dominate more he probably will.
It is a oligopoly (limited competition) not a monopoly. But Oligopoly is just as bad as monopoly because the few producers can coordinate with each other to keep prices high. Also note that Dangote's market share in the southern part of the country is pure monopoly. BUA Group sells mostly in the North and LaFarge only sells to civil engineering companies -- they don't usually do residential.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by DeFixer: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
Acidosis:
You guys are always on Dangote's matter yet his cement is not the only available brand in the market. Did anybody force you to buy Dangote cement?

...always complaining about how Dangote killed competition. Tbh, this is one of the craziest things I have seen on the internet. If Dangote wants to kill Ibeto, Unicem, Lafarge and others, all he needs to do is crash the price of cement to N1000 per bag. He doesn't need to bribe anybody. This is simple economics. Make una dey use una head on this forum.

Dangote is wicked bla bla, yet his noodles, spaghetti and salt are some of the cheapest brands in the market.

Look at the images below and search for the brand with the best and cheapest offer.

As per the Zambian analogy from the OP, it's really not worth a response from me. I would leave that for primary school students to debate.

Nice one man! I was going to respond, then I saw this.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
[quote author=Aconomist post=100552582] It is a oligopoly (limited competition) not a monopoly. But Oligopoly is just as bad as monopoly because the few producers can coordinate with each other to keep prices high. Also note that Dangote's market share in the southern part of the country is pure monopoly. BUA Group sells mostly in the North and LaFarge only sells to civil engineering companies.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by angelfallz(m): 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
Dangote actually crippled Ibeto: https://nairametrics.com/2018/08/25/cement-wars-the-battle-for-cement-dominance-between-ibeto-vs-dangote/

Acidosis:

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by lexy2014: 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2021
ayterajah:
Am not supporting dangote but my point of view is that what's the economy state of Zambia compare to Nigeria and don't forget that dangote it's not alone ... he have many govt officials under him

How does what u have said justify dangote price of cement in nigeria?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Fulmigati: 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
To makes matters worse he barely pays anything in Taxes. He has to be stopped for Nigeria to progress.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
PAWG:

What do I know? Have you done your analysis on the cost of production and transportation in Nigeria in comparison to that of Zambia?

Is Dangote the only seller of Cement in Nigeria?

OP please I need answers to the following.

Your statement about Dangote being the biggest problem in Nigeria shows how myopic and hate-filled you are.

Repent
I have answered these questions numerous times. Dangote is selling his cement at roughly double its cost of production in Nigeria (60% EBITDA Margin) compared to a 22% EBITDA margin in other African countries. Transportation, etc. is included in this. Here is the 2020 financial statement.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by sunday0707(m): 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
Bouz:
You guys haven't seen anything yet. The worst will soon be heard once his refinery begin to function..
I agree with you bro. But I doubt if he will escape another endsars if he tries rubbish with the petrol as he does with his other products when his refinery is ready. I see another endsars coming sooner than expected though
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
slowice:
Kill Dangote before he kills Nigeria..... The man is dangerous to us all and must be stopped before he destroys what's left of this failing contraption.
I agree. The guy is a demon not a businessman. His only strategy is to create monopolies and jack up prices.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Sleekfingers: 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
expliciit:
The dangote guy is a criminal, I have known this for a long time base on report and experts opinion that cement should not be more than #1000

na only dangote cements dey for nigeria ? Cant u buy another brand? I have stopped buying any dangote products longtime ago....eg cement , noodles, spafgetti, sugar, salt etc..........you too can follow suit by not buying his products......

For your information, dangote is a businessman....and he will do anything to stay ahead and afloat.....he got alot of favours from the FG.......

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Jonegonu: 7:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
Permesso:

He's looking for quick money to invest and finish his Gigantic refinery in Lagos. He's as greedy as Nnewi man. Ibeto should come out and do his justice, but his no where to be found. Can you imagine 1500 in Zambia while Nigeria where it's produced and soursed is unattainable in price.
think before u talk basket mouth

1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Sleekfingers: 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Dangote is selling cement for 55 Kwatcha (1150 naira) in Zambia. But in Nigeria, the same cement is going for 3,000 to 5,000 naira. Dangote is the biggest problem in Nigeria. I have never seen such a wicked excuse for a human being in my live. EndSARS is over. It's time to start END DANGOTE.

https://zambiareports.com/2021/03/31/78130/

oga go and buy another brand.....and stop wailing....na only dangote cement dey naija? Abi, he dey force una to buy his cement?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Jonegonu: 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2021
expliciit:
The dangote guy is a criminal, I have known this for a long time base on report and experts opinion that cement should not be more than #1000
basket mouth think before u talk

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

List Of All Online Stores In Nigeria / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Son, Fewa's Birthday (Photo) / Speculators Get Burnt As Naira Gains Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.