Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia (63672 Views)

Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / Dangote Is Selling Dangote Flour Mills For N130 Billion ($361.11 Million) / Why Aliko Dangote Is Bad For Nigeria - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by od501: 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
It's in his damn financial statements. Dangote's factories are made with the latest technology compared to older companies where they are still using 20 - 40 year old factories and outdated technology. Dangote is also significantly more vertically integrated than other cement companies.

By owning his own powerplants, Dangote gets electricity at its cost of production. In fact, he gets it cheaper than cost of productions because of the supply-chain synergies between cement production and electricity generation, which both require coal, etc.

Seem you know this dude better...lol I rest my case grin
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Advocate500: 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
jaszplus12:

If the Fulani are not buying for less then why are you whimpering?
oga this is something that affects all of us no point in bringing tribal colouration to it, whenever most of you do this ,you have succeeded in empowering our oppressors against our collective interests. Learn is not too late.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by PAWG(m): 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
You don't understand basic economics. Economies of scale -- look it up. The larger a market is, the cheaper it is to produce. This is why large countries like China lead in manufacturing. SCALE.

Bro, leave China out of this, China is an innovating economy WITH CHEAP LABOUR LIKE INDIA we’re mainly consumers. Please don’t even try it. The laws of economics don’t work in Nigeria, go and ask Soludo.

Don’t tell me about Economies of scale, I understand it VERY VERY WELL
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Lomprico2: 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
LMS1:

Which Tribe?
Oga Chill, Am Not A Nigerian, Am Nairegin.
But Make E Nor Pain U Bro,
We Move

pain keh, mr Nairegin! she na for Pluto your tribe dey?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by SpectraX: 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
[color=#990000][/color] cool
samwash:
Let's face the reality, many factors comes into play in the production industry.
lets compare Zambia to Nigria in terms of
Economic growth
Government policies & tax
Dollar exchange rate
Source of raw materials
Market competivenes
Manpower & Technology
Security, Power etc.
A company that has its factory in two different country ( lets say Nigeria & Benin Republic) will not sell a particular product the same price in both country even if they are neighbors.
Note; the value of the country local currency plays a major role that's were inflation comes into play.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Reference(m): 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Dangote is selling cement for 55 Kwatcha (1150 naira) in Zambia. But in Nigeria, the same cement is going for 3,000 to 5,000 naira. Dangote is the biggest problem in Nigeria. I have never seen such a wicked excuse for a human being in my live. EndSARS is over. It's time to start END DANGOTE.

https://zambiareports.com/2021/03/31/78130/

But Dangote is not the only one manufacturing and selling cement in Nigeria. He has fierce rivals in Lafarge and BUA. If they could sell cheaper don't you think they will to run him out of town.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by jaxxy(m): 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tobbit:
Following our fights on your CBD thread about this. I'm glad you finally took it up, did your research and you're now seeing the light.

I passed a memo yesterday following an information I came across. I hope you are looking into that aswell

Shell Petroleum is out with an exclusive information..

It's a clause within the PIB Bill that is aimed at granting Dangote the sole right to export crude out of the Country... Imagine. Time for another protest Nigerians. Spread the word.

Post this information on your timeline across all your social media handles to sensitive and inform people........ Let's kill this bill before it sees the light of the day..

Dangote doesn’t seem to like open market and competition. What is his problem??
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by brandsoncharlie: 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
CSTRR:

Zambia is currently under Chinese control.
They owe huge debts and can't afford to pay.

Sorry, there is no nothing to write home about their economy.

And yet, cement is still very cheap there.

Dangote is sucking us dry to make his other businesses profitable.
Dangote is very corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
PAWG:

Bro, leave China out of this, China is an innovating economy WITH CHEAP LABOUR LIKE INDIA we’re mainly consumers. Please don’t even try it. The laws of economics don’t work in Nigeria, go and ask Soludo.

Don’t tell me about Economies of scale, I understand it VERY VERY WELL
If you understood economies of scale, you wouldn't say that cement production should be cheaper in a tiny country like Zambia compared to Nigeria. That makes absolutely no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by PAWG(m): 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
The U.S. But I'm also a Nigerian citizen.

Dude, I’m pretty sure you understood my question.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
jaxxy:

Dangote doesn’t seem to like open market and competition. What is his problem??
He is a typical corrupt African lunatic. Just like Abacha in the cement industry.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by LMS1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lomprico2:

pain keh, mr Nairegin! she na for Pluto your tribe dey?
Na For Uranus Bro, The Visa Cost Die, So No Bother To Come.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Badgers14: 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
samwash:
Let's face the reality, many factors comes into play in the production industry.
lets compare Zambia to Nigria in terms of
Economic growth
Government policies & tax
Dollar exchange rate
Source of raw materials
Market competivenes
Manpower & Technology
Security, Power etc.
A company that has its factory in two different country ( lets say Nigeria & Benin Republic) will not sell a particular product the same price in both country even if they are neighbors.
Note; the value of the country local currency plays a major role that's were inflation comes into play.

See the post above yours..

Also research, how much have is cement sold in South Africa??

I heard less than 2k, what did you hear?

Recall, SA and Nigeria are the 2 largest economy in Africa
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by yommygift15: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
We have at least five different Cement products in Nigeria and no one is selling lesser price than him, what do you have to say concerning that? end Dangote protest will only kill some family ooo

1 Like

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Tab4kids(f): 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
jaszplus12:

A particular tribe are not happy because it's not their person that's enjoying the monopoly...if it were... hmmnmm they would have said how no one else can be smarter than them!! Would not have referred to it as wickedness but as business acumen!!

If to say u don mould one block to your name now , maybe...just maybe.. your useless opinion would have counted.
Is it not everyone that is suffering the high cost?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by rimam849(m): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2021
wetin concern me for what no concern me?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2021
yommygift15:
We have at least five different Cement products in Nigeria and no one is selling lesser price than him, what do you have to say concerning that? end Dangote protest will only kill some family ooo
I've explained this numerous times. Liberalize the market. Allow imports if local companies can't produce at a reasonable price.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by PAWG(m): 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
It's not greed. THERE IS SCARCITY IN THE MARKET. The solution is to liberalize the industry OR allow imports. Why are Nigerians so damn stupid?

We’re not stupid, weren’t we importing the product before?

As we’re importing fuel has it made the commodity cheaper?
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by brandsoncharlie: 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
elGenius:
Op is just being mischievous and petty, or maybe ignorant.

let me enlighten you.

say you are an international business man selling product "A" to your country and country "Bc"

if the fuel price, electricity cost, tax and salary budget in your country is almost 2 or 3 times that of country "Bc", according to the law of cost, expenses, profit and all the economy brouhaha , will you still sell the product at the same price?

if not which country will "A" be cheaper??

this is common sense.

and Aba man who sells shoes in Lagos - imported through the port - and in his home town Aba, where do you think his shoes will be cheaper.

it's all about the expenses and profit.
Look at his profit margin over 60% where's that coming from? Despite economic brouhaha.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2021
PAWG:

We’re not stupid, weren’t we importing the product before?

As we’re importing fuel has it made the commodity cheaper?
Yes you are stupid. Importing introduces competition so the domestic companies can't increase prices anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by brandsoncharlie: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
elGenius:

Is he the only one producing cement, why don't the others step up and compete.

if he sells at #3000 the others should sell at #1000 and let the market force take effect.

after all he isn't forcing anybody to his products.
The cement is it not from Nigeria resource, abeg make we hear.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by jaszplus12(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
Advocate500:
oga this is something that affects all of us no point in bringing tribal colouration to it, whenever most of you do this ,you have succeeded in empowering our oppressors against our collective interests. Learn is not too late.
Now this sounds better....we can sit on a table and reason well with this kind of comment you just made....
Hopefully we can get things done to move the nation forward.... thanks for the observation.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by PAWG(m): 9:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
If you understood economies of scale, you wouldn't say that cement production should be cheaper in a tiny country like Zambia compared to Nigeria. That makes absolutely no sense.

Oga before you jump to assume, I’m happy you used the words ‘...should be cheaper’, unfortunately it’s not cheaper. Expectations != Reality, this is Nigeria. Production doesn’t end in the factory, take distribution into cognizance (cost of moving the goods and all, mind you Nigeria is bigger and you’re covering more ground). In fact the Distribution chain is longer in Nigeria, wholesalers hoard the product and cause temporary shortage.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by brandsoncharlie: 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2021
Acidosis:
You guys are always on Dangote's matter yet his cement is not the only available brand in the market. Did anybody force you to buy Dangote cement?

...always complaining about how Dangote killed competition. Tbh, this is one of the craziest things I have seen on the internet. If Dangote wants to kill Ibeto, Unicem, Lafarge and others, all he needs to do is crash the price of cement to N1000 per bag. He doesn't need to bribe anybody. This is simple economics. Make una dey use una head on this forum.

Dangote is wicked bla bla, yet his noodles, spaghetti and salt are some of the cheapest brands in the market.

Look at the images below and search for the brand with the best and cheapest offer.

As per the Zambian analogy from the OP, it's really not worth a response from me. I would leave that for primary school students to debate.
Why was larfage fined in Zambia from high price of cement but Dangote cooperated?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
Why am I singling out Dangote? BUA Group has made it clear that they are not a part of the cartel and Rabiu is now openly calling for the government to liberalize the industry. La'Farge is an international company. Dangote is the only one standing against liberalizing the industry.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by jaszplus12(m): 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tab4kids:

If to say u don mould one block to your name now , maybe...just maybe.. your useless opinion would have counted.
Is it not everyone that is suffering the high cost?
Lady, please show a bit of decorum...my opinion isn't useless as much as yours is of no significance!
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

Why was larfage fined in Zambia from high price of cement but Dangote cooperated?
Open your eyes. Dangote bribed them not to fine him.
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by Aconomist: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2021
PAWG:

Oga before you jump to assume, I’m happy you used the words ‘...should be cheaper’, unfortunately it’s not cheaper. Expectations != Reality, this is Nigeria. Production doesn’t end in the factory, take distribution into cognizance (cost of moving the goods and all, mind you Nigeria is bigger and you’re covering more ground). In fact the Distribution chain is longer in Nigeria, wholesalers hoard the product and cause temporary shortage.
You are talking nonsense. Dangote earns a 60% EBITDA margin in Nigeria compared to 22% in other African countries. Until you can explain that, shut the hell up.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by tonididdy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2021
Firstly nor be only dangote dey sell cement.
The cheapest cement brand in Nigeria won't be less than 3000 now.

... Make we shut up as usual and patronise the aboki, na dem get country

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by PAWG(m): 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2021
Aconomist:
Yes you are stupid. Importing introduces competition so the domestic companies can't increase prices anyhow.

Has it made fuel cheaper? It’s easy to spot your type, it always ends in insults.

You’re under no obligation to respond to me, I will leave you on your high horse
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by jaszplus12(m): 9:20pm On Apr 06, 2021
Advocate500:
he did not insult you, he only described who you are in clear terms.
Are you his advocate?? Are you his mind? Can you visualize me in his heart? If your answers are yes, then I'll agree with you sir....
Re: Dangote Is Selling Cement For 1,150 Naira In Zambia by winterfell007(m): 9:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
I kept saying it. That man is everything that is wrong with capitalism. If we operated in saner climes, he would have been long arrested for economic malpractices

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG / Checkout What I Saved From My Piggy Bank After 5 Months / Femi Otedola Celebrates His Son, Fewa's Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.