Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) (3103 Views)

Taming His Desire (romance) / DESIRE 2(house On Fire) By John Mfon / "Desire" By John Mfon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
I see you everywhere, in the stars, in the river, to me you’re everything that exists; the reality of everything”- Virginia Woolf, “Night and day

Song – Again by Wande coal

The whole city of Abuja was illuminated. The dark heavy skies couldn’t take it anymore and decided to pour. The water in the pot holes shimmered under the dim yellow glow of the street lights. There were horns blaring everywhere and people running into each other on the sidewalks. A bunch of drunken people had begun a ruckus outside the karaoke bar across the street. One could hear the distant police siren approaching. It was a mad house down there. I had turned off the buzzing of my phone for the umpteenth time. Father wouldn’t just take no for an answer. Our family has been the biggest telecommunications tycoons for the past 10 years and today my father had decided to throw a party in commemoration of it. I just didn’t understand why I had to be there. Gbotemi, my younger brother had always been my father’s favorite and I couldn’t care less.
My phone rang again, this time it was my mother.
“Hello mum”
“Enitan Williams, where are you?” she asked worried.
“I’m busy mum”
“Of all days to be busy why today? Your father needs you here.” I grunted at her reply knowing it was just a way to get me out of bed.
“We both know he doesn’t need anyone. Mum I don’t understand why you still chose to stay with him after all he had done to us”
“Not today, Enitan.” She pleaded.
“Okay mum. I’m on my way.” I heard her release a breath she didn’t know she was holding. I tried paging Dele, my chauffeur before I remembered he didn’t work on weekends.

The streets had already become desolate and the street lights had begun to flicker. I hopped into my black SUV and drove to the party. As expected, Pearl arena was buzzing with socialites. The room was grand, gold chandeliers spiraled down from the tall ceiling and the floor was finely polished. The exotic aroma of spices combined with a fruity waft hit my nose. I wasn’t surprised, I knew my father all too well. At the side, there was a magnificent water fountain and a pedestrian bridge where pictures could be taken to capture the moment. I found my way through the line of busy people, exchanging pleasantries with those I could recognize.

I spotted my mother in the midst of her friends. She was a sight to behold and she stood out easily. She wore a long blue sequin dress with intricate diamond stones on the neck. Her makeup was finely sitting on her face and her poise screamed elegance, she moved around the room with grace. The plan was to drink the night away. I snatched a glass of champagne from a passing server.
“Enitan I’m glad you’re here. Dad would be so happy to see you”
“Evening, Gbotemi. I see you’ve been busy” Ignoring his comment, I sauntered over to where mum stood with Gbotemi falling in step with me.
“Gbotemi, have you seen your dad anywhere?”
“I saw him at the ice fountain minutes ago.”
“Okay boys, I’ll leave you to it,” she said walking off. I emptied the remaining champagne in my glass. The liquid ran down my throat creating a bubbling excitement in me.
“So have you heard about the new partners we just signed a deal with?” I chuckled. Gbotemi never ceased to amaze me.
“Gbotemi, you know that’s your thing. Why do I care?” I gave him a pat on his shoulder and walked towards a group of ladies at the far end of the room.

Can you predict what would happen next? grin
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s episode

Or just follow https://bookishyinka.com/always-be-mine-4/ to read more

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Kaylet: 11:15am On Apr 02, 2021
Hey babe, send me your number
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 2:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRE (2)

ADEMIDUN’S POV
“I fell in love with the way you touched me without using your hands”
Song – Micasa by Korede Bello

I couldn’t wait for the party to be over. My legs were aching from attending tables. These people didn’t have to work for anything, they had it easy. Many times, I have wished to also experience the luxury of people waiting on me. My uniform pinched me in all the wrong places. The things we do to survive. I thought. I walked towards the changing room to rid myself of my uniform. I began pulling off my pumps when Demilade strolled in. We met at a onetime youth convention; we spoke for far too long and gushed about our previous experiences with smiles animating our faces.

“Demidun, could you please take over table 6 for me. That’s my last table for the night. There’s a party downtown and I can’t miss it for anything.”

Demilade always had excuses up her sleeve. We met at a onetime youth convention; we spoke for far too long and gushed about our previous experiences with smiles animating our faces. Since then, she became a sister I never had. We did almost everything together, she was outspoken and fought for everything she was derived of as a child. She had lost her mum when she was 5 and her dad was incapacitated to be a father figure to her. Maybe, that was just another reason I understood her. I rolled my eyes tapped my chin.

“Okay, I’ll do that.” Her eyes lit up like New Year’s Eve fireworks. She wrapped her hands round me and let out a deafening squeal.

“Wow. Thanks. You’ll be the first to get dibs on how the party went. It’s quite sad you’d prefer to stay alone than hang out with me tonight.”

I dismissed her with the wave of my hand and trudged over to table 6 when I slammed into a three-piece suit, spilling the contents in the tray on him. My feet gave away beneath me and I sprawled flat on my backside, pain shot through my back but I couldn’t take mental note of it. My gaze riveted to the most striking man I’ve ever seen in front of me. He had tousled dark short hair, which glistened under the room light. His finely chiseled face and ebony skin would make a painter weep for joy; his eyes were a mesmerizing deep chocolate with speckles of sunlight glowing through. His suit accentuated his eyes. He twinkled them in amusement and he arched his left brow. My heartbeat raced as cold wet liquids ran down my back. He crouched directly in front of me and I caught a waft of his clean aftershave. I could tell a mixture of cedar wood and cypress. I hungrily inhaled him.
“Are you all right?” His voice was soothing and gravelly calm.
“uhm… ye…yes.” He held out his hand exposing his Boss Rusy cufflinks and Rolex watch. I placed my shaky palm in his and his grip tightened. His touch sent electric shocks through my body, making heat spread all over me. He narrowed his eyes for a moment and got a vertical wrinkle between his brows before pulling me up with him.
“Are you sure?”
“I…I’m fine. I’m sorry I ruined your shirt.” His eyes burned through mine, radiating a fierce understanding.
“It’s fine.. uhm?”
“Ademidun” I licked my lips in an attempt to force more words out but it was futile. I was drawn to him. He stood firmly rooted to the spot with extraordinary elegance.
“Ah…Demidun” I let out an inaudible moan. He was the kind of man that could make a woman go on her knees to fulfill his every desires unprovoked. How could someone be sinfully enchanting? Blinking out of my reverie. I released him. My brain jerked back in motion. I was disgusted with myself for being so uncoordinated while he stood there in all his glory.

“Er…I’m sorry about your shirt again.” Looking away, I caught sight of a purple dyed hair woman approaching us.

“Enitan, I’ve been searching for you all over. I saw your mum at the entrance and she told me you’d probably be inside.” On hearing her supercilious tone, my mouth twisted into a side placement creating a crease in my left cheek. She glanced at me and fixated her gaze on the Adonis male in suit.
His eyes carried a mixture of shock and barely contained anger.
“Kenny what are you doing here?” I took this as my cue to leave. I retrieved the tray and walked towards the sea of people on the dance floor.

Who is this Kenny? Is she going to be a bad luck or what?

What history does she have with Enitan?

Read more here https://bookishyinka.com/

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES (3)

“I want to be your favorite hello and your hardest goodbye.”

Song – You by Omah lay

ENITAN’S POV

My eyes followed Ademidun till she got lost in the sea of people. I tried to drown Kenny’s voice with the blaring music from the speakers but she kept rambling on.

“Enitan, aren’t you excited to see me?” Kenny leapt with her feet barely touching the floor. I massaged the nape of my neck; I couldn’t understand why she had to show up now. I had met Kenny during my final year in UNILAG. We had a thing and it was memorable while it lasted or so I thought. Our last conversation was a week before she left for Finland.

“Enitan, I would miss you.”

“Kenny, you’re doing this for yourself.” I assured her.

“Come with me.” She leaned forward and took my hands. I was grateful for the space between us in the booth.

“I can’t Kenny. I have things to do here in Abuja” I couldn’t tag along with her all my life and I was too cowardly to admit that what we had was suffocating. “It’s better this way.”

“Please.” She begged. I looked into her eyes and I felt nothing.

“I’d always be here for you Kenny. You can call me anytime.”

“Promise?” and all I could do was nod. In a flash, her nose flared and the milk shake that previously sat on the table was now emptied on my head.

“I knew you never loved me, you just…you just used me. That’s why it’s so easy to let me go.” And she stormed out of the restaurant.

Now, she stood here, looking up at me with so much joy and hope. Like we parted on good terms.

“When did you get back?” I asked without trying to mask my expression.

“Last week Friday. Actually, your mum knew I was back from Chicago but I told her not to mention it to you. I wanted it to be a surprise.”

I quirked my left brow and glanced at my watch then I looked far into nothing. Kenny pulled my face down forcing me to look at her. It was then I took notice of her. She wore a tight fitting black gown and all I could think of was how she could breathe in it. Her hair was a mixture of bright pink and purple. It highlighted her face and gave her a sensual look. The red lipstick she wore made her lips pucker. I reminisced about the times her lips made me ache for her touch and how they made me hard by just calling my name. No doubt, Kenny turned the heads of the opposite gender. She ran her hands along my inner thigh and I let out a groan. I shouldn’t be feeling this way but I couldn’t help it either. She commanded desire and passion. I wanted to bend her over her knee and satisfy my wanton need for her. The party was almost over and the sky had become inky black. A gust of wind blew a lady’s umbrella upward. Most people had begun to run for cover. I pulled Kenny with me and walked towards the front exit.

“You shouldn’t have come.” She yanked her wrist from my grip and twirled her hair between her fingers.

“Why? I don’t think anything has changed between us. Enitan, the long break is over and I’m back for you. You can’t get rid of me that easily.” She snorted. “I assumed you were smarter than this.” Her eyes were livid and she clenched her fist, quickly drawing a deep breath. Almost immediately, her eyes welled up in tears, she blinked her eyes furiously as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“I’m sorry. I just wanted to see you.” She hurriedly swiped away a tear before it could drop with the back of her palm. She took my palm in hers and stared down at her feet. I massaged the crease that formed on my forehead and rubbed her palm.

“I really missed you Enitan.” She looked up at me through her baby blue contacts

“Of course. I missed you too” I plastered on a tight smile and we made for the parking lot. “Where’s your ride?” Kenny pointed towards a red maserati parked in a conspicuous space. I quickly added “nice!” and that did it. She replaced her teary face with a pleased look immediately. What a drama queen. I thought.

“Thank you. Daddy got it for my 25th birthday. I was so delighted. But obviously anyone would be delighted too right?”

“Hmm… I guess so” I moved towards the driver’s side and held the door open for her. She hesitated for a minute before she stood on her toes and placed a wet kiss on my cheek. She got into the car and passed me a small red box. I shot her a quizzical look.

“It’s for your mum.”

“Oh, thanks.” She jerked the car in reverse and sped off. The crunching of footsteps on the sidewalk gravel made my head turn. It was my father. He wore a deep grey three piece suit and a raggedy smile. His eyes were worn out but, his brown pupils still managed to twinkle and this time, he wore a clean shaved goatee which did so much for his appearance than the balbo beard he usually wore . He still retained his boyish grin despite his age and his smooth head shone under the parking lot light. I shifted uncomfortably as he approached me. His eyes seemed to bore holes on me.

“Enitan, I’m happy you made it” My dad’s cheeks dimpled and he shone his white teeth.

“Mum, asked me politely, I couldn’t turn her down”

“I know things have not been good between us, but I really hope we can work things out.” He wiped the beads of sweat that formed on his forehead, drawing my attention to his middle finger which was shorter than the others.

“If only you could change the past.” He tapped his right foot on the gravel and ran his hands over his head. The corner of his eyes crinkled and stood rooted in a position for far too long.

“One day, I hope you would come to understand it all.” Turning toward the towards the entrance, he limped. He never limped. In fact, he was the healthiest man I’ve ever known. Tonight, was different. He looked vulnerable and his usual confidence was missing. What was this I felt? Pity? No it had to be the champagne. I turned towards my car and left.

To read more check https://bookishyinka.com/taming-his-desires-3/

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 9:05am On Apr 10, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES (4)

“Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it” -Nicholas Sparks

Song – Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi

ADEMIDUN’S POV

The small puddles of rain water, waiting to drain, rested between the uneven bricks of the pavement. The streetlights that weren’t burned out projected dim yellow lights onto the empty side walk. The storefronts bell swung in the breeze, alerting the store keeper of the nonexistent customers. Cars sat empty on both side of the road, collecting the little drizzle of the rain. I doubled my steps and walked towards my front door. I crouched in front of the “welcome” door mat and collected the key.

I let myself in and the sweet scent of eucalyptus and lavender filled me accompanied with the cool breeze that blew the curtains. The only source of light in the sitting room seeped through the window. Reaching for the table lamp, I stopped to pull off my pumps. Immediately, I welcomed the feeling of the soft rug beneath my feet. The photograph of my mother faced down. I picked it up and turned it to face the condo. I ran my hands over it; this was the only memory I had of her. It was always facing the condo not down— the spicy aroma of egusi hit my senses. In the darkness, what had felt safe and cozy now felt frightening. I tiptoed towards the kitchen door which was now left slightly ajar. I caught a shadow move in the kitchen. A rush of adrenaline burst filled me, not waiting any second more, I picked up the racket close to me and barged into the kitchen and aimed for the intruder’s head.

“Jeez! Demidun, if you are going to kill me. Just say so. Oh my! I can’t believe you almost took my pretty head off.” Demilade placed her hand over her chest and bent to pick the racket.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I live here too remember?” She pushed past me and turned on the tap. Shooting me a quizzical look, she tipped her head to a side and placed two plates on the table. “Are you going to stand there forever?” I hopped on the kitchen stool and crossed my legs.

“So what happened to your party?” She rummaged the fridge and passed me a bottle of water with a granola bar.”

“Oh that? I decided to hang out with you. You know how things can be. You get?” I nodded my head as I downed the water. The cold liquid ran down my throat, restoring me back to my calm composure.

“Uh…huh. You don’t say.” I struggled to open the zipper of my purse when, She placed her palms over mine. She took the purse from my hands and helped me with the zipper. The corners of her lips turned upwards as she held out the purse to me.

“So when is your next appointment?”

“Tuesday.” She closed in on the space between us and held me tight. I could see through her. Her eyes held a mixture of worry and assurance. “Don’t worry, you’ll get through this, I know you are a fighter and fighters don’t give up.” After a long minute of silence, she backed away and swiped furiously at the tears that threatened to drop. I sat there feeling numb all over and my tongue seemed tied. I had no comforting words to say to her. Breaking the thick air Demilade gushed.

“You know what? Actually the party flopped big time. I was just too embarrassed to tell you. Like? This was my moment to get laid. Who hosts a party without booze?” I crossed my arms over my stomach in an attempt to catch my breath.

“For real?”

“No kidding.” She replied.

There was nothing more she loved than making me smile. It didn’t take too long before we both threw our heads back and erupted with laughter.

I wore a deep grey long-sleeved body con blouse and pencil skirt to the hospital on Tuesday, feeling the need to get it over with and leave. The acrid smell of alcohol and spirit that came with this place made my insides turn. In the reception, a fair lady stood behind the counter with the phone pressed to her right ear, she talked animatedly with the person on the other end, throwing her hands up in the air. What was this place? A phone booth. I held up my right hand in her face and gave her a stern look. Her eyes fell on me and she placed her hand over the phone’s speaker. The conversation must be very interesting. I thought.

“Excuse me miss? What can I do for you?”

“Yes, thank you. I’ve been standing here for over 5 minutes now and my appointment was for 10a.m, and it’s already twenty minutes past ten” I looked down at my watch and stared back at her.

Holding up my card, she replied “We’re really sorry about that. So which of the doctors did you schedule an appointment with?”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. It was clearly stated on the card. As if she read my thoughts, she quickly added.

“Oh doctor Wale, he is in office 24” She plastered a smile on her face as she returned the card to me.
“Thank you.”

I straightened and walked towards the door sign that held “office 24”.

I softly knocked and a deep voice behind the door ushered me to come in. He had on the thickest lens I’ve ever seen and his eyes were so small behind them. He drummed his fingers on his work table before retrieving the red pen he kept in his bushy hair. From the way he kept chewing his mouth I could tell he always had a sweet or gum in his mouth.

“Hello, how are you doing?” he gestured for me to take a seat.

“I’m fine. Thank you” He read through my file, squinting his eyes.

“So Ademidun, have you been taking your meds? Because here it was stated that, you were due for a therapy last month but you didn’t take it.” His gaze made me shift uncomfortably in my chair.

“The therapy was optional besides my meds did most of it” He tapped his pen on his chin.

“Been having any symptoms lately?”

“Not really, they just come and go.”

“Tremors?”

“Yes.” He scribbled some prescriptions on the paper before him and stretched it to me.

“This should do, for now. But remember, you have to be consistent and try not to skip meals okay?”

“Yeah I know. Alright doctor Wale” I let myself out into the busy hallway of people in scrubs.

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/taming-his-desires-4/

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2021
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Ann2012(f): 5:00am On Apr 11, 2021
Keep the updates flowing OP
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 12:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES (5)

it’s strange how a total stranger becomes who you don’t want to stay a minute without and becomes breathless without them”

Song – Boys are bad by kiss daniel

ENITAN’S POV

Brinnnnggg! Riiiing! Riiiing!
It was another day of going to work, staring at the board members hardened faces, riding the lift in silence, eating the same bland luch with Tolu running round the office in an attempt to get the office miscellaneous and my schedule fixed. But today was a bit different, the construction company we were to strike a deal with picked St. Louis hospital for their meeting of places why a hospital? I thought. I turned off the alarm on my bedside shelf and snuggled closer to my pillow. The meeting was scheduled for 10 am after all, tossing to the other side of the bed my eyes fell on the wall clock which displayed 9:30 am. Impossible! I dashed into the shower and in 15 minutes I was riding the elevator to my underground garage. The doorman tipped his hat on seeing me. I pushed through the revolving door of the building into the garage, five minutes to ten and I had to make a good impression on them. My dark hair was ruffled from the warm shower. I’d gone with a brown suede suit and a black brogue. The woody scent of my cologne surrounded me. Dele held the car door open for me. I slid into back seat with grace. He put the car on drive and in less than a minute we were on the highway.

“How was your night sir?”

“Fine thanks.” On hearing my clipped tone, he didn’t ask any further.

I adjusted my tie and rested my head against the window pane. People brushed shoulders on the sidewalks. Store owners placed “no hawking” , “no standing” signs in front of their stores and the hawkers who stood by the road screamed at the top of their lungs to attract customers, each tried to drown out their neighbors voice. We arrived at the St. Louis hospital at exactly ten fifteen. I breezed through the hospital hall, making way for their lounge when I saw her again. She sat on the waiting chair in the pharmacy. Her hair was packed into a tight bun, she bent forward and a tendril escaped from her bun, with those long slender arms she brushed it aside. The way she sat accentuated the bend of her hips, so voluptuous; they seemed to have been artfully carved by a potter. The green body con top she wore only made the fullness of her bosom prominent. The nurse at the pharmacy signaled her to collect her medications. She walked towards the front counter putting her glistening legs on display. They were almost the color of a deep rich cocoa infused with cream and milk. The nurse handed her a receipt and the golden specks which danced in her eyes immediately disappeared. She picked up the pen on the counter and began ruling out some things on the receipt. If it was prescribed for her then she definitely needed it. Without thinking, my legs carried me to where she stood.

“I’ll pay for it.” the nurse who already called out another patient tilted her head.

“Sir?” I gestured towards Ademidun and replied “I said I’ll foot her bills, give her everything on the receipt.” She bopped her head and walked towards the back room. I locked my gaze with Ademidun and her golden eyes kept me rooted to the spot. Up close, she had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. Breaking eye contact she shifted her weight from side to side.

“You didn’t have to” she said looking back at her feet.

“I know but I wanted to.”

“T-thank you.” She bit her lips and her eyes sparkled. I noticed she held onto her purse tightly, shaking a little. My phone buzzed, reminding me of why I came to the hospital. I swiftly made way for the lounge. Mounting down the steps to the lounge, I sighted Bolu at the entrance. He made a silly sign to me and mouthed “you are late.” I breezed past him and walked in.

“I am very sorry to have kept everyone waiting. I had an emergency to attend to, pardon me.” They waved it off with the nod of their heads and I strolled to the seat at the head of the table.

“Hello, I am the head representative of the icon construction company.” He rose and stretched his hands; I shook it and commenced the meeting.

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by aprilwise(m): 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2021
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 1:40pm On May 01, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES (6)

Forever is a long time but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side”

Song- Nakupenda by Chike ft Ric Hassani

ADEMIDUN’S POV

It was mid-August and all the shops seemed to be in full swing and none needed any more employees. I strutted down the busy pavement looking out for shops that might have put up “WORKERS NEEDED” posters but there were none. Why was it so hard to get a job? I had begun to lose all hopes when I raised my head and saw a “waitress/waiter needed” sign. The sign was inconspicuously placed at the entrance. It was a local bakery shop and the building reminded me of an abandoned bookshop. I pushed through the transparent glass door and the bell jingled alerting everyone who bothered that someone entered. I approached the tall man at the front desk who was engrossed with the desktop screen at his front. His name tag read Bayo. On feeling my presence, he raised his head and flashed his teeth.

“Hello! Welcome to Yummies bakeshop. Where we satisfy your every…desires…uhm cravings. Yes, cravings.” He ran his hands over his head shifting his gaze to the flyers on the desk then back to me. “So what is your order ma’am?” He added. I placed my palm over my mouth, trying to stifle the laughter that bubbled up in me. It was obvious he had memorized that line and just recited it when anyone came into the shop. I caught the name on the name tag pinned to the lapel of his shirt. Bayo.

“Oh no, I’m here to apply as a waitress for the bakeshop. I saw the sign outside and I decided to apply.” Bayo clasped his palms together and looked over my shoulders to the sign outside.

“Well about that, Actually, I forgot to bring that sign down. The thing is we’ve gotten a certain number of people we need and we do not want an overcrowded working space for our employees and customers.” My stomach twisted and I leaned forward over the front desk and I gave him a forced smile. The pays I got from my weekend jobs were really small and the bills kept piling. My hands began to tremble and I immediately shook them in my pocket.

“Are you okay?” He shot a worried glance towards me before he resumed what he was doing earlier but I noticed his eyes kept darting between the desktop and me. I gave him an affirmative nod then his voice boomed again, this time lighter. “Today must be your lucky day, looks like we have a slot left” He beamed and pulled out a paper from under the desk. I felt a surge of happiness course through me. I couldn’t think of a time I’ve been happier. He noticed my change of mood and chuckled.

“Here fill this.” I took the form from his grip and lowered myself into the closest chair by the front desk. I looked up taking in the sight of the bakeshop. The bakeshop was just a small house of everything sweet, chairs, tables, coffee makers, glazed donuts, and cakes in the display glass at the front counter. The place was near empty…for a time like this. At the corner of the room, a menu list was plastered on the wall. There must have been a fortune cookie stand at the front door which was now left standing alone. The scents of baking biscuits and cakes filled the place. I pushed to my feet and placed the form on the desk. Bayo ran his eyes over it and walked towards the back gesturing me to follow him. We walked towards a room in the back which was the storeroom.

“As you must have noticed the place is quite empty for now. Most people come here during the evenings so if you feel up to it, you can start today and return in the evening if that’s fine with you?” He left the question hanging waiting for a reply.

“Of course it is” He moved towards a locker in the room and dropped a key in my palm.

“Your apron and everything you would need is here. If you have any questions feel free to meet me at the front desk.”

“Sure, I’ll”

“Hmmm…don’t tell me! I know” Demilade placed her finger over my lips. “Today was good right? I mean it wasn’t a dead-end right?” I smiled and screamed.

“Yes! I got a job.” She bounced around the room and did her normal weird moves. Before pulling me into her embrace. I could see her spirits flying high.

“I’m so glad. We should celebrate this. Friday night, club night, drinks on me. Yes!” I narrowed my eyes at her words.

“Can’t we do something else instead?” I pouted.

“You need to let loose. Don’t be such a bore.” She stuck out her tongue and picked up the TV remote. “We should binge on some Netflix movies for now, before you start working officially, like officially.” She bumped shoulders with me and turned her attention to the TV.

“Demidun, have you heard from the mystery man who covered your medication bills? I still insist you shouldn’t have let him go without a name.”

“No, I’ve not plus I think I doubt we’d bump into each other anytime soon” Demilade almost tipped over the couch. Then she faced me with a faint scowl tingeing at her lips.

“It’s not every day you find someone like that you know, the least you could have done was give him a proper thank you.”

“How would I have done that when I don’t know who he is or where he even works?” she nodded as my words floated in the room. I lifted my brow and returned my gaze to the TV. Demilade never forgot things easily. For a moment, I wished I had not mentioned anything about it. Demilade lived every day like it was her last. Not to mention, she had a long list of men she had been with but couldn’t seem the settle down with anyone. But I had to give it to her, she memorized the name of all of them. I couldn’t even remember the name I gave my favorite silverware dishes.

“True, but you said you met him at the Williams party. If this isn’t fate.” She said dreamily. “Fate is just a word” I replied.

Shaking her finger in my face she said slowly.

“I have a feeling this time, it’s more than a word.” I rolled my eyes.

[b]Read ahead and follow the story here [/b]https://bookishyinka.com/taming-his-desires-6/
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 8:15am On May 02, 2021
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by aprilwise(m): 10:15am On May 02, 2021
Please update
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 6:56pm On May 03, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES (7)

ENITAN’S POV

“You don’t cross my mind, you live in it”

Song – Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi

The Williams building was arguably the tallest building in Asokoro. From a mile, anyone could see the top tower of the building hiding among the clouds. I pushed through the revolving doors of the lobby. Bolu had called me earlier that he had gotten Ademidun’s profile. Her fragile hands brushing her hair away was all I could think of. She reminded me of a broken porcelain doll. Those almond-shaped eyes burning through mine. I stepped into the vestibules of the Williams HQ. The receptionist at the waiting area stood with a wide smile.

“Chinelo, how are you doing?” The bright red top and chiseled jacket she wore made her stand out from the dull color of the reception. Chinelo was part Ibo and Yoruba. She always wore her natural hair but today she was on a chic braid that cupped her face beautifully. Her dark eyes were warm and she wore nude lipstick.

“I’m good. Tolu isn’t here yet, but you have a lunch meeting for twelve. I already paged you the schedule for today and the Agro Company’s proposal is on your desk.” With a nod, I took the hallway all the way down to the end and made for the office beside the board meeting room. The mahogany work desk backed the floor to ceiling windows which displayed beautiful view of Asokoro. There were two seating areas which included my work desk and the set of black sofa and center table that sat at the far corner of the room; by its side, a massive flat-screen hung on the wall streaming the daily news. I picked up a book from the two distinctive shelves where I kept my antiques and picture frames. Hanging my coat on the coat hanger by my seat, I loosened my sleeves and lowered myself into the revolving chair. I was going over the Agro Company’s file when the doors flung open. It was Bolu. He held the doorknob grinning.

“Sorry to drop by unannounced” He barked. He wasn’t sorry, that I could tell. He kicked off his shoes and moved his feet in a frenzy motion against the rug. He made it a habit to do that every time.

“Why don’t you get better shoes?”

“I have better shoes” He retorted .And he dived for the sofa and folded his legs.

“Enitan, believe me when I say the traffic was hectic.” I nodded.

“I believe you. Do you have it?” Bolu waved the file I hadn’t noticed earlier in the air and slapped it on my desk. Then he reeled off,

“Ademidun Osikoya, born on October 22, 1996. An indigene of Ogun state to be precise Ijebu-Ode. Deceased mum and a drunk dad, schooled in Lagos all her life. Tertiary institution, the University of Lagos. Was posted to Gwaripa for NYSC, Lives at no 7, Wuse street with a friend, Demilade. Height: 5 ft 8, Weight: 55Kg, Blood group: O-, Genotype: AA. Diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease,. Works at—“ My ears perked.

“What did you say?” I knotted my brows and looked at him before flipping through the file on my table. I skimmed through the pages and my eyes fell on it. Her medical records. It was there, Parkinson’s disease. Ademidun had been diagnosed with it in November 2019. I scanned through the paper looking for the stage but it wasn’t mentioned.

“No stage?”

“I couldn’t get that. This was how much I could get.” I sighed and went over every bit of details again.

“It’s crazy right?” Bolu said. My intercom rang and I hit the button. Chinelo’s voice aired out.

“It’s 15 minutes to your Lunch date at the Shu garden Chinese restaurant”

“Alright, page Dele to take the car to front of the building” Bolu was occupied rummaging through the small fridge by the shelf.

“This fridge needs to be restocked.” He said, pulling out an orange juice, he gulped it noisily.

“I have a lunch date with my mum, we’ll talk later. And don’t forget to send the memo from the last meeting to Tolu.” I put on my coat and walked out. The Shu garden traditional bamboo entrance held up hanging ornate designs from the top. I found my way towards the private lounge leaving the main area which was overcrowded and smoke-filled from the grill barbecue. The tables were traditionally crafted with padded cushions surrounding them. The thought of folding my legs in an uncomfortable position made my head turn. I tried not to stare at a group of men who puffed their cigarettes heavily as I moved towards the secluded area. My mum sat at a table opposite the window. To my relief, there were high tables and chairs here. My mum sighted me from the entrance and her eyes lit up. I bent over her, placing a kiss on her cheek. And I pulled the chair out. A waiter stalked towards us and placed a menu on our table.

“Mum, how are you doing?” I asked. Her long black gown blended with her tone and her hair was neatly tucked underneath a yellow turban. The corner of her eyes crinkled and she crossed her feet beneath the table.

“I’m good Enitan. I picked this spot because I knew you wouldn’t be comfortable in the other area. So, how have you been?” she intertwined her fingers on the table and gave me a smile that barely touched her eyes. I knew something was wrong, she wasn’t one to beat about the bush. Her gaze drifted to the window then settled on the glasshouse view of Asokoro. I placed my palm over hers on the table drawing her attention to me.

“Mum, what is it? It has to be something important for you to be taking part of my business hour.” I said looking straight at her.

“It’s your dad.” She replied. I groaned internally. This wasn’t the first time she fussed over my dad. Not second. Not third. I was beginning to lose count by the day.

“What about him?” I asked. My brows furrowed.

“I just found out that he had a child with her.” A tear threatened to drop and she sniffed. “and that’s not even the worse part, she would be twenty-two next month, to think he kept this from me, from us, for twenty-two years.” She swiped at her face but the tears came anyway. I sat there looking and feeling nothing compared to how she was. I handed her a handkerchief and she blew loudly in it. I racked my brain for comforting words to tell her but now came. I tried to be surprised by what I just heard but I failed. It was my dad; he had been this way for as long as I could remember. The night he left my mum for the other woman was when I knew with him anything could happen. It hurt so much to see my mum raise my brother and me and it hurt even more when she agreed to take him back after everything he did. The hurt was there in her eyes and in the way her body shook.

“Does Gbotemi know about it?” I asked trying to shift the mood.

“No, I decided to tell you before him. I just couldn’t keep it to myself. Besides, I don’t think he would be bothered by it.” Of course. He loved our dad so much that he was always willing to understand his actions. I was the only one who cared to call him out for his actions. I picked up the menu and scanned it.

“Why don’t we eat before anything else huh?”. She nodded and mirrored my action, picking her menu.

I lay in my bed as Abuja came to life. The karaoke bar across was awfully quiet tonight, someone must have called the police on them. The yellow street light seeped in through my window, piercing the darkness in my room. I could hear the droplets of water hit the bathtub. And it sent an eerie sound in the room. I picked my phone from the bedside table. Nine thirty pm. I went to the kitchen to make coffee. Opening the fridge, I found it empty. I couldn’t take coffee alone. I grabbed my car key from the plate on the table and left. Most storekeepers had begun closing their stores and the road sellers packed their umbrellas. The lights which illuminated the sidewalks were either turned off or blurred out. A few road sellers turned sat with oil lamps, swatting mosquitoes with newspapers. I turned to my left and I saw a blinking storefront. Bakeshop. I parked my car by the side of the bakery shop and let myself in. The bell rang alerting whoever that someone came in. The place was empty but the pastries were still displayed in the front counter. I walked towards the counter when a dark head popped from the back. Just as I remembered. That supple ebony skin and deep dark eyes stared at me. Ademidun, she was on a red apron and her hair was packed in the same tight bun I saw it in the last time, I wondered if her scalp bled from the packing it that way. She tucked her hands into her apron and moved behind the counter. Her lips were fuller than I imagined but they were pale and cracked from the harsh weather.

“Hello, welcome to Yummies bakeshop, how can I help you?”

“Do you have bagels and donuts?” I replied.

“Yes we do.”

“Okay, I’ll have two of each.” She bent behind the counter and packed them into two paper bags. The bakeshop was a small one and had a tight seating space. It seemed like the bakeshop commenced business just recently. I collected the paper bags from her and my thumb grazed her fingers. A delicious shudder coursed through me. Ademidun looked everywhere except my face.

“That would a thousand naira.” She said softly. I swiped my credit card over the pay machine..

“Are you alone?” I asked peering into the back.

“Yes, I was about to close the shop when you came in.” I nodded and my eyes fell on her trembling hands. She followed my gaze and tucked her hands beneath her apron.

“Resting tremor.”

“Huh?” Ademidun replied and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear—I pointed towards her hands and repeated.

“Resting tremor, it happens when you are nervous.” She stared at the computer then back at me.

“Uhm I forgot to thank you properly for the other day. Thank you.” She said and her cheeks dimpled..

“I doubt you’d find a ride home at this time. If you don’t mind I could take you home.”

“No, don’t bother. I can manage.”

“I insist.” Ademidun looked at me unsure.

“I don’t bite. Plus you can put 911 on speed dial, just to make you feel better.”

She weighed the options in her head and began untying her apron. I held the door open for her. She entered, crossing her feet.

“So where do you stay?” Ademidun spared me a glance, her eyes were almost half shut and her forehead creased.

“The new Brick red estate, Block 15B.” Then she pushed her head into the chair. The bakeshop was far from where she lived. Didn’t people consider the location of their workplaces anymore? We arrived at her estate, and I understood the name. Every house in the area was made from brick. A brick red house which was fenced by two-story buildings held the number “15B”. The windows and wall had left hanging down from the roof and the bushes which surrounded it were due for a trim. It reminded me of a home abandoned by the highway. The security lights were broken and the only light which illuminated the house came from the street light across the road. I turned to face her and she was asleep. The phone that she had held on to tightly throughout the ride now sat in her laps. Her head was tilted to the window and the strands of hair that escaped her bun shaded her face. The rise and fall in her chest only showed her exhaustion. I carried her to the doorstep. She squirmed in my arms before nuzzling her face in my chest. I expected her to weigh more than she did. Any more pressure and I could hurt her. Aside from the tiredness, her face gave away there was something else on it. I trudged up the steps leading to her front door. I tapped my feet over the foot mat and I could feel a key. Someone was in already. I knocked, shifting on my feet. Seconds later, the door flung open, revealing a dark lady. I looked over her head before bringing my eyes to her face. She had on a bright hair bonnet and stood in a bunny-shaped slipper. Her lips that were straightened earlier curved upwards. The streaks of a failed attempt to clean her makeup off gave her a weird look. This had to be the housemate Bolu mentioned earlier. Demilade trained her eyes on me before dropping it to Ademidun who drowsily mumbled some incoherent words. She moved from the doorway ushering me into the house and led me down the tight passage. She pushed the first door on the left open and I walked in, gently placing Ademidun on the mini-sized bed. Ademidun stretched over the sheets before snuggling into a pillow. I caught a smile stretch across her lips.

“Thanks for bringing her home. I told her to let me know when she was done at work but she refused.” She shook her head both ways. “She can be really stubborn at times.”

“It’s nothing.” I stopped at the door before turning to face her.

“I’m Demilade” she said, slightly resting on the door.

“Enitan Williams” . Demilade’s eyes widened and they ran down my body slowly. Her mouth hung lowly. I cleared my throat and she smiled, this time wider.

“I should get going.”

“Yeah, of…course”

“Thanks again.” She called out.

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/taming-his-desires-7/
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 7:02pm On May 03, 2021
aprilwise:
Please update
Updated!
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by aprilwise(m): 7:37pm On May 03, 2021
Thanks for the update and it’s a lengthy one . Kudos

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 7:43pm On May 03, 2021
aprilwise:
Thanks for the update and it’s a lengthy one . Kudos
Thank youuu
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Ann2012(f): 8:37pm On May 03, 2021
Thanks for the update Op

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 9:50am On May 04, 2021
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update Op
You're welcome
Expect another update this evening
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by BigDebbie: 11:57am On May 04, 2021
I'm glued..weldone OP
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by BigDebbie: 11:59am On May 04, 2021
I'm glued.. weldone OP

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 6:14pm On May 04, 2021
BigDebbie:
I'm glued.. weldone OP
Thanks youu
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 6:18pm On May 04, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES 8

“I can conquer the world with one hand as long as you’re holding the other.”

Song- Wonderful by Burna boy

ADEMIDUN’S POV

THE days passed by in a blur. And the Bakeshop was empty today. I buried my nose in the famous book “Purple hibiscus”. This wasn’t my first time reading the book but I felt a certain connection with Kambili which made me repeat the book over and over. Bayo took the day off he had to travel down to Lagos to tender to some family issues so I didn’t have to worry about answering tables because I was behind the front desk. A shadow fell over the book and my hands moved over the keyboard. Thinking it was a co-worker, I stretched my hand to receive the order slip not looking up. After waiting for a minute, and still nothing. I dragged my gaze from the book and looked up. Enitan stood in his signature suit and tie. I swallowed and sat up behind the desk. Why did he have to look sinfully good? And there was me sitting in my ruffled apron with an old work hair bonnet. He rested his elbow on the desk, showing his sculpted long fingers. I looked at the wall clock that hung over the entrance. Office hours weren’t over and it wasn’t lunch hour either.

“Do you keep your customers waiting like this?”

“What are you doing here?” He looked back at the shop sign outside and replied.

“Patronizing of course.” I furrowed my brows. He could have sent anyone here to “patronize”. “Is all these necessary?” He looked around the shop.

“Yes. It is.”

“Ah. I see.” He leaned forward and drummed his fingers on the desk.

“Come with me. Work time is over for you.” My mouth hung lowly and I stared at him.

“Huh?”

“I said come with me.” He repeated.

I don’t even know you. You could be a serial killer who preys on ladies.”

“Ah.” He drawled lazily. “I see. But you were comfortable to get into the car with me last time.”

“It seemed like the only option then.” Enitan nodded and pushed his face forward. Any more inch and his face would be up against mine.

“I didn’t get a thank you the last time. And if I remember this would be the second time.” I scoffed and folded my arms.

“So is this what it’s all about?”

“What’s so wrong in getting to know your beneficiary?” Beneficiary. The toast I had earlier now left a bad taste on my tongue. I couldn’t think of a comeback. Everything in me wanted to throw the help he had rendered back in his face. But I didn’t have enough money to repay him even if I wanted to.

“I can’t just leave. I mean, not everyone gets to do things without being queried.” There, I knew I had struck a chord. He smirked.

“Well pretty I hate to break it to you but you can.”

“Huh?”

“I already spoke to the owner. Bayo I guess?” I furrowed my brows even more. “He said a co worker would take it from you. So I don’t think you have any excuse not to come. Or do you have somewhere else to be?”

Enitan smirked again and straightened. What if I had said no?

“I knew you couldn’t say no. Now don’t keep me waiting any longer.” I went to the back and appeared with my bag.

“Ready?”

“I guess so.” We got into his car and the smell of new leather engulfed me. Enitan leaned over and strapped me in the seat.

“So where to?” I asked.

“Hmm. Anxious are we? Don’t worry you’ll see.”. The music that played in the car was soothingly good and I leaned into the chair. Enitan’s chirpy mood was now replaced with an expressionless face. He faced forward, his gaze not leaving the road. A part of his chin was dimpled and the beards there were scarcely arranged. He had a deep cut by his left ear making the skin on that part thin and stretched. We stopped at Limi hospital. This was by far the biggest hospital in Abuja. if I worked my whole life, I didn’t think I would be able to afford the smallest treatment here.

“We’re here.”

“What are we doing here?” The question came out foolish even to me, but I didn’t care.

“To get you treated. What else?” He shot back.

“I don’t want to.”

“You don’t want to?” He repeated slowly.

“I don’t—“

“We’re here already. We might as well just go through it.”

In one fluid moment he was holding out my door. We stepped into hall buzzing with people in scrubs and crocs running around. The high ceiling held up bright white lights which reflected on the tiles. The man at the door addressed Enitan by name and he tipped his cap at me. I was starting to convince myself that following him was a bad idea. I looked back at the entrance from where we stood. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to leave now. Enitan grabbed my hand and we went to the reception.

“You’ll have to wait for your turn. Please sit…” She looked up and her eyes warmed when she saw Enitan..

“Mr. Enitan Williams. It’s been a while sir.” Then she looked at Enitan then me, then back at Enitan..

“I could say the same, Tamilore. Is Dr. Ajibade in?”

“Yes he is. Hold on, let me let him know you’re here.” First name basis I thought. Seemed like he was familiar with almost everyone here..

“This is our family hospital. We’ve not had a reason to be here in a while but then it doesn’t look like things have changed much. You should try their cafeteria’s noodles. You’d love it.” If he was joking or serious, I didn’t want to know. It wasn’t news that hospital foods were terrible. I’ve had my good share of them and nothing could make me think otherwise.

Tamilore put the receiver down and said. “You can go in.”

“Alright.” He winked at her and led me to the elevator. The ride up was painfully slow or maybe it was the way his thumb drew delicious circles on my hand. With every graze of his thumb, sparks flew in me. I wanted to retract my hands but I couldn’t deny I enjoyed the way it made me feel. We stood at the door with the inscription “Doctor Ajibade.”, I squeezed his palm and he squeezed mine back. And he turned the doorknob.

“Enitan, look how much you’ve grown.” The slim man pushed to his feet and adjusted the rim of the glasses on his nose. His stethoscope hung on his neck and he had small white hairs splayed on his head. He was starting to bend over. “How have you been son?” Enitan shook him firmly.

“I’ve been good. Looks like you’re aging backward.” He joked. Dr. Ajibade bent over letting out short breaths of laughter. For a moment I feared he might fall.

“Of course. I can’t let you young lads have all the fun out of life.”

Enitan laughed. “Nice of you to join in on the party then.” The mans gaze shifted to me.

“Oh. Meet Ademidun…A friend.” My breath hitched in my throat and I coughed to clear my airway. The buzzing in my ear took a minute before it stopped.

“ Ademidun. What a beauty. Nice to meet you” He said and patted the back of my palm. I wanted to get it over and done with. Enitan moved to place his hands on the small of my back, drawing me close to him. It took a lot of self-control not to wipe the smug look off his face.

“Please sit.” Dr. Ajibade stretched his hands towards the chairs.

“So what brings you here?”

“She has Parkinson’s.” Enitan replied. Dr. Ajibade’s picked up his note pad then settled his eyes on me.

“Stage what?”

“One.” I replied. He scribbled on the note pad and pushed the rim of his glasses up.

“Frequent tremor?”

“Not really.”

“Stiff movements in any part of your body?”

“No.” I shook my head.

“Alright then. I’ll put you on medications.” He turned to face Enitan “You don’t mind her undergoing physiotherapy and uhm maybe… surgery.” My heart pace quickened. Surgery was the last thing I wanted right now. The therapy sessions, I could manage. Enitan saw me shift uncomfortably in my chair. His eyes burnt into me as it roamed my face.

“The surgery can wait but right now the therapy sessions can begin. I don’t want anything happening to her.” My chest tightened and I looked at him. For the first time, I couldn’t tell what his eyes held but they made my batter. Doc. Ajibade tore a page from his note pad and gave it to Enitan.

“He’s the best therapist in Abuja.” He brimmed and turned in his chair. Enitan nodded and folded the paper..

“I appreciate this.” He shook Doc. Ajibade firmly before we stood to our feet.

“My regards to your mother and Gbotemi.”

“Sure.”

Enitan made sure we grabbed something to eat at the hospital’s cafeteria before we left. He made a fuss about picking from the menu before settling for ofada which used to be his regular here.

“A friend?” I mused.

“Would you preferred something intimate?” He replied lazily. His face held a mischievous smirk and he sipped on his coke.

“So how do I pay off this benefit?”

“Who said anything about paying anything off? He purred

Then he leaned forward and brushed my lips with his thumb. I froze and I squeezed on my doughnut.

“You had a little sugar on your face.” I could feel heat creeping up my neck.

“Thanks.” And Enitan did it again. This time slowly. I arched my brows and he shrugged.

“Because I wanted to.” The cafeteria suddenly became so small and tight.

“We should leave.”

“Where do you want to go?” He asked. I was still uneasy and my head felt light. Staying on hospital grounds for too long added to my stress.

“Home.”

“Home it is then, let’s hope this time I get invited in. Properly.”

“Gee. Thanks for today and the other day and—”

“Always happy to help pretty. A pleasure.”

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/taming-his-desires-8/
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 6:40am On May 05, 2021
New update!!
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by BigDebbie: 10:04am On May 05, 2021
Thanks for the update..more please

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 3:11pm On May 05, 2021
BigDebbie:
Thanks for the update..more please
You’re welcome I’ll definitely update
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 4:39pm On May 15, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES 9

ADEMIDUN’S POV

The ray of sun brightened my room and I turned my face away from the window. The chickens in the next house cackled loudly. Mr. Amusa left them to his flatmates who was too busy to feed the chickens. The smell of burnt eggs accompanied with brewed coffee hit me.. Blinking my eyes open, I sat up. I could hear movements and the banging of pots from the kitchen. Demilade was always burning something if she wasn’t then she is breaking a ceramic cup or plate. I padded down the hallway into the kitchen.

“Hey there.” Demilade sang and waved the spatula she held in the air. I flashed her a smile and hopped on the table stool. And she placed a cup of coffee on the table. I grabbed a carton of milk from the fridge and poured it into the coffee.

“Why didn’t you tell me it was him?” She asked wide-eyed, leaning into the table. I picked my cup, hugging it with both palms. I blew over it and took in the heat from the coffee.

“Who?” I replied.

“Enitan Williams— who else brought you home that night?” I expected Demilade to have brought it up earlier but she didn’t.

“Ohhh, I wanted to tell you about it. But you’ve been breezing in and out of the house for a while now.” I lied. She rolled her eyes and placed her hands on her hips.

“Well, I’m here now, so you might as well tell me now”

“I’ve only seen him on TVs— I didn’t even recognize him at first.”

“You didn’t what? Even the blind would know it’s him” I scrunched my face and placed the burnt eggs sauce in a soup bowl.

“You know you don’t have to exaggerate.”

“Oh my! He’s hotter in person.” Demilade slapped her forehead and fanned herself with the spatula. “Too bad the media never did justice to his looks, because someone like that shouldn’t be accessible to the public eye.” She emptied the dishes in the sink. I pushed the egg into the soup bowl.

“You know what? I heard his family is messed up and I think it took a toll on every one of them.” Demilade continued. I frowned and, lowered my fork.

“Why would you say that?”

“It’s what the media said not me. You can’t blame me for believing.” She threw her hands out, affirming it. Deep down I knew it was true but I couldn’t bring myself to talk about other people’s problems when I had mine.

“Demilade we can’t be too sure. The media never covers everything, and we all know they would do anything to make the headline news.”

“Hmm…alright then.” She shrugged. “I made yam with egg sauce. You care for some?”

I shot Demilade a stern look. And she smiled.

“It’s can’t be that bad.”

“I wish I could say the same”

“I knew I should have just gone with bread.” She tapped her chin and took the stool opposite me.

“It’s Friday night. Why don’t we hang out at this new club on the other side of town?” she clasped her palm and pouted her lips.

“What’s with you and parties? I don’t find mixing with sweaty bodies fun.”

“Just tonight— please. And you don’t have to mix with sweaty bodies—if you don’t want to.” She blinked her eyes furiously and raised her pinky.

“Fine.” I snapped.

“We leave by 12.”

“Yes!. Now what do I wear?” She mused.

“I should get us another shot of these, they are so good,” Demilade shouted over the loud music and went to the bar.

“Alright.” I enjoyed another sip of my vodka. Vodka wasn’t my best drink but it made me active tonight. I crossed my legs and leaned into the sofa, tapping away on my phone. The sofa sank beside me and a familiar cedar scent engulfed me. Enitan. He dragged his eyes lazily over me and smiled with him was a plump lady with a far too bright red lipstick who clung to his arm tightly. She puffed smoke from her vape and waved at me.

“Demidun, what a coincidence.” He slurred. Enitan’s eyes were red and he reeked of beer. He was still in his work clothes but most of his suit has been sheared away and his tie loosened. “I didn’t think you would fancy places like this.”

“What are you doing here?”

“What are you doing here?” He retorted. The red lipstick lady passed him the vape and he drew slowly from it and blew the smoke in my face. I coughed and grimaced. Enitan whispered to her and she giggled before leaving.

“You’re drunk.” I hissed.

“I know that pretty but I’m not alone. You shouldn’t be here by yourself.”

“I’m not.”

Enitan titled his head and took another draw from the vape.

“Would you stop it?”

“Stop what?” He puffed and the smoke clouded the air again. I leant forward and grabbed the vape from him.

“This!” I said holding the vape up. Enitan’s lips twitched and he draped his arm behind me. I slapped the vape on the table and scanned the room trying to find Demilade. It was taking her too long to return and drunk Enitan wasn’t helping. The red lipstick lady returned with a bottle of whiskey and sat between Enitan’s laps. She said something to him and they both snickered.

“You should try it. You’ll feel better.” The lady said stretching the vape.

“No, thanks.”I replied. Enitan smirked and she leaned into him.

“Excuse me.” I pushed to my feet and went to the restroom. The restroom area wasn’t crowded as the main area and thankfully, the air wasn’t so stuffy. I wiped my mascara away and turned the faucet to wash my hands. A wave of nausea hit me and my head began to feel light. Where could Demilade be? It was past midnight already. I supported my steps resting on the wall to the main area. Someone coughed behind me and I turned. It was a strange man. His smile was sinister.

“Going somewhere pretty? Don’t you want to play?” It was obvious he wasn’t trying to flirt. I ignored him and kept on walking.

“Not so fast. Don’t leave me without a reply.” He clicked his tongue and in a flash, he was in my face. I backed up against the wall, squeezing my palm.

“What’s do you want?” I snapped.

“You know what I want.”

“I don’t know.” I feigned ignorance trying to think of a better reply. He closed in on the distance between us and caged me with his palms on the wall.

He leered and his awful breath fanned my face.

“Get away from me.” I screamed. He pressed me into the wall and the back of my eyes stung.

“I will make this memorable for us. It’ll be over before you notice.” He coaxed.

“Move!” I pounded my fists against his chest with all my might. One minute he was grinding against me, the next he was crashing into the wall with a scream. Enitan stood between us rigid, blocking my view of the biker guy.

“You should respect women. She said stop.” He bit out. Rage pounded through him like a drumbeat. I sidestepped him catching a glance of the man who was now writhing in pain on the floor. He cussed at me as he spat blood from his mouth. Enitan took a step forward daring him to fight back. But the man scrambled to his feet and ran. I crouched on the step in the car park and tried calling Demilade again but it wasn’t going through. Enitan had been pacing to and fro with a blank face since we got here.

“Sorry I interrupted your date. You’re going to bore holes on the floor if you keep it up.”

“Where’s she?”

“I don’t know.” I admitted. His eyes widened and he swiped his hand over his face.

“Really? How can your roommate, friend whatever she is leave you by yourself? For goodness sake, you came together.” He barked. Enitan was livid and fuming.

“I’m sure there’s a reason,” I said defending Demilade. Even though I couldn’t think of any reason why she would leave without letting me know but I didn’t want Enitan to think I was a doormat.

“Thanks again. I’m better.”

“You should see yourself right now. Shaken up and pale.” His vein popped in his neck and he stared hard at me. “I’ll take you home.”

“What? No…I mean, I can get home…I know my way home.”

“I wasn’t asking. I’ll take you home.”

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/taming-his-desires-9/

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by aprilwise(m): 5:10pm On May 15, 2021
Nice one .

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 6:51pm On May 15, 2021
aprilwise:
Nice one .
Thank you
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 12:19pm On May 18, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES (9) CONT’D

I’ll drive.”

“What?” He asked, raising his brows.

“I said I’ll drive. You had a lot to drink. I can drive”

“Fine” He smirked and tossed the key at me and I fumbled to catch it.

“What was that for?” I sent Enitan a death glare and he shrugged. Prude.

The highway was jammed and cars were moving at a snail’s pace. An accident had occurred, a truck fell over a car obstructing a side of the road. The blaring of car horns and the deafening silence in the car only made sitting in the traffic worse. I rubbed my forehead and drummed on the steering wheel.

“Did he hurt you?” Enitan asked and searched my face for discomfort.

“He didn’t. This is going to take forever.” The highway has been ground to a halt now. Cars weren’t moving anymore.

“I know right. You could save us the stress and stay over at my place instead, it’s closer. The traffic would have cleared by tomorrow morning.” I had to admit he was right. It would take more than two hours to get to my place. I’ve never warmed up to the idea of sleeping out but at the moment he was my only option. Yes, I knew Enitan. But I hardly knew him. I witnessed a part of him I’d never seen tonight. His eyes carried that empty sadness like drinking was going to make it go.

“I really don’t—“

“If you don’t want to it’s fine.”

“It’s not…” Enitan rolled his eyes and faced me.

“Not what”

“Nothing. I don’t think I have a choice.”I sighed. Enitan adjusted his chair, stretched his legs and draped his arm over his eyes.

“Follow my address on the GPS pretty. We’re almost there.” My hands were trembling and I gripped the wheel harder. I should have stayed home.

We stopped at the entrance of a high steeled gate. Enitan spoke into the intercom and the gates opened. The car moved in a rickety way over the interlocked path. There were about ten buildings with similar structures in the compound. All the houses were painted alike, their lawns decorated the same way. Their only distinctive appearance was the house numbers.

“Uhm…so which is yours.”

“8B” He replied. Enitan’s building was hidden behind a palm tree. It had beautiful sculptures etched into the wall on both sides of the door and the high palm trees swayed in the night. Every corner of the house was wired with security cameras and motion sensors. If I didn’t know he lived here, I would have mistaken the building for a drug cartel. He got out of the car and I unbuckled my seat belt and followed him. At the top of the stairs, I paused to catch my breath. Enitan pushed the door open, gesturing me in. His place smelt exactly like him. The floor was finely polished and the banister curved upward to the second floor. chandeliers hung from the ceiling, giving the room a soft shade of yellow. On the opposite side of the room was a bookshelf with photo frames that have been turned down. From behind the curtains something jumped out and I lurched back. It was a spaniel. Enitan crouched to pat the dog who was wagging its tail. He never struck me as a dog lover.

“Meet coco, she’s a mixed bred.” Coco sat at my feet looking up and I bent to pat it. Then she licked my face. I laughed. “She likes you.”

“Obviously” I giggled and scratched her ear. Enitan loosened his tie and poured himself a bottle of wine.

“Haven’t you had enough?” I pointed to the bottle.

“You’re not here to babysit me.” He spat. What was I doing? I was in no place to tell him what he should and not do.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” His Adam apple bopped up and down and he took another swig of his wine, a droplet escaped to the side of his mouth and he darted his tongue out, licking it off. I imagined sucking on his lower lip and tasting him. It had to be the uncomfortable position I was in. My hand shook and coco must have noticed it because her wagging stopped and her ears perked. I stood and squeezed my eyes shut, tightening my fist. My left leg shook subtly and I flexed it. Stay calm. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

I opened my eyes and Enitan was holding a glass of water. Water was the last thing I needed.

“Here, have this”. I took the cup from him and my fingers grazed the back of his palm. His touch brought a warm feeling over me. With a hazy head, I could tell he was equally fascinating and a sight to behold. I sat on the barstool.

“I’m fine.” I shifted and liquid in the glass spilled over the bar top.

“Let me show you your room.”

He wrapped my hands in his, and I could swear the tremor stopped. His fingers drew nonexistent circles on the back of my palm.

“Ademidun.” He breathed softly. My name rolled off his tongue nicely.

“I should clean that up.” I said, looking back.

“Don’t worry. It would be gone by tomorrow morning.” I couldn’t help ogling at the pictures and miniatures as we walked the hallway peeked into a door that was left ajar, it was too dark to see anything but there was an ornate mirror that caught the reflection of the moon. Enitan pushed open the last door on the left-wing and, flipped the switch on. The bed was three times mine if not four. I stood by the door as he rummaged through his wardrobe. Suits were lined in a section, followed by his shirts which occupied a larger section of the cupboard. He pulled the top drawer which held similar cufflinks as the one he placed in. T-shirts and joggers were pushed into a smaller section of the cupboard and he pulled a T-shirt out and placed it on the bed. Then he folded his tie neatly into the next drawer. The last drawer space was left empty. If Enitan wore a shirt per day. There was every possibility he wouldn’t repeat a particular shirt twice.

“You should wear this, if there’s anything you need. I’m right opposite you.” He winked.

“Thanks.”

“Alright.” He held the door and he held my gaze for a moment before leaving. I tried to reach Demilade one more time and nothing. I was starting to get worried. I hoped Demilade would give a plausible explanation for what happened tonight. I sighed and switched off the bed lamp.

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/taming-his-desires-9-contd/
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by aprilwise(m): 5:30pm On May 18, 2021
I enjoyed reading every bit of this episode. I want to see the romantic part of em. Thanks for the update
Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 8:19pm On May 24, 2021
TAMING HIS DESIRES (10)

ENITAN’S POV

“Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same”— After we collided

When I saw that filth grinding against Ademidun, adrenaline pumped in me. And I was livid. What came over me? I held my head and stared at the floating bubbles on my laptop. It took every willpower in me not to break his bones. Ademidun was two rooms away from me. Her coordinator was getting worse than I actually expected but I was surprised at that she could control it quite well.

Parkinson’s was terrible and could do more damage if not checked. And in her first stage, Ademidun was doing fine accepting it. I was glad she didn’t bite on her lips earlier or I would have lost it. It would have taken the intervention of the mother of earth to not have bent her over my knees. I shifted in my chair adjusting the uncomfortable bulge that was beginning to grow in my pants.

Gbotemi had called me earlier about our stepsister. He spoke about her with so much enthusiasm that I could tell he was excited to have a sibling other than me. I couldn’t blame him. I would be excited to have someone else than me too. The company’s balance sheet still had a discrepancy. I scanned the balance over and over and I couldn’t place a finger on what went wrong with the numbers. A loud crash echoed from the next room. Without thinking I walked as fast as my feet could carry me to my room and there, my eyes fell on Ademidun who tossed in the bed.

“No…Stop…I said no…” Beads of sweat formed on her fore head and a crease sat there. She had knocked the vase by the bed table down. My heart tugged painfully seeing her in fear.

“Ademidun.” I padded to her side of the bed and held her. With force she jolted back in her sleep.

“Ademidun!” this time I called out louder and her eyes flew opened. She scrambled up from the bed and threw her arms around me.

“Enitan don’t leave me. Stay with me.” She whimpered. I ran my fingers through her hair which she had surprisingly let down, and held her to my chest.

“I’m here. I’m here.” I whispered into her ear and the tension in her shoulders softened. Straightening the tangled sheets, I ran my fingers through her massaging her head. She held my shirt tight and I wrapped my hands around her. Placing my chin over her head, I caught a waft of my shampoo on her hair and smiled. Minutes later, her breathing had evened and she was fast asleep. I gently tucked her in and laid beside her.

I blinked my eyes open stretching my palm over the bed. The sound of the running shower made me sit up. Ademidun, came out of the bathroom, dressed in one of my white shirts. Her dark hair was wrapped in a towel giving her face a defined highlight. My gaze fell on her long-shaped legs and I felt the urge to wrap them round me.

“I got this from one of the shirts you stacked on that chair.” She said pointing towards the sofa I dumped my old clothes.

“It’s fine. It fits you more than it did for me. How are you?” A smile crept up her face and she hugged herself.

“I’m okay.” She palmed her face groaning. “Ugh! I’m embarrassed. Everything that happened yesterday shouldn’t have.” Peals of laughter burst from me. I went to her and cupped her palms in mine.

“It’s fine. Everyone gets nightmares. Who’s your doctor?” I asked.

“Huh?”

“Your doctor.” I repeated.

“Well I ha—”

“Never mind, I’ll get you a better one.”

“You don’t have to.” She replied pulling her palms away.

“But I want to. Don’t you want to get better, I don’t know, just be better than before and obviously” I eyed her “Now?”

Without waiting for her reply I left. On a normal day I would have gone to the gym down the street but being with Ademidun under the same space made me feel different. I tousled my wet hair and grabbed my tab. The smell of toast hit my nose when I stepped out. I peeked into my room and she wasn’t there. Gbotemi wanted us to meet up with our newfound sister today but I wasn’t ready for that. Chiamaka stood in her white apron washing the dishes in the sink. She was the only person I decided to keep around in my house. I never understood the idea of having many housekeepers or whatnots around. I checked for signs of any broken glass but there wasn’t any. Chiamaka worked part-time and took Sundays off.

“You shouldn’t be doing that.” I said.

Ademidun stood tapping her fingers against the table top as she waited for the toast machine to turn green.

“Oh I just felt like. I like it with extra butter.”

I nodded towards Chiamaka who returned it with a smile. “By the way I noticed, the fridge is stocked with bagels and donuts. Is there some kind of obsession with it?” Quirking her full brows she rested her left hand on her hips. I bit the inside of my cheeks holding in my amusement.

“Actually, there is.” Her mouth formed an “O” and she turned to face the toast machine.

“Would you like your tea here Mr. Williams?” Chiamaka asked placing two bagels in the oven.

“Of course. When you’re done with that you can take the day off.” Her eyes twinkled and she swiped her hands on the apron.

“Demilade would be worried sick about me. I feel like I’ve overstayed but I’m too shameless to leave without having breakfast first.” I chuckled and she smiled dropping her plate with a loud clang before she settling into the stool beside me.

“I already called her. She knows you’re with me.” Her eyes widened and her jaw hung lowly. “Your phone had no lock, so it was easy.” I shrugged my shoulders biting into the toast.

“That’s some stalker Vibęs.”

“I wouldn’t call it that.” She rolled her eyes and continued chewing. “I prefer to call it an act of service… and you’re welcome.”

After breakfast, I drove Ademidun home. Demilade’s eyes brightened on seeing us and she hugged Ademidun tight. For a minute, I felt she would suffocate her.

“I’m so sorry about what happened. Sorry. I mean one minute I was getting us drinks then the next this guy offers to pay. You know, I was going to turn him down… yada yada yada” She moved back to check if Ademidun was fine before pulling her into another hug. “I can’t believe that batshit guy tried to…” I cleared my throat and she darted her eyes to me. The corners of her lips lifted slowly and she looked everywhere else but me.

“Enitan Williams. Hi.” She waved at me and dragged her eyes back to Ademidun. I could bet she was embarrassed by what happened yesterday night. A notification popped up on my screen and I quickly checked it.

“I should get going now.” I said looking up at Ademidun before casting Demilade an impassive look. She shifted on her feet and scratched the back of her head.

“Okay. Thanks again.” Ademidun replied. I walked towards my car to see Demilade throwing her hands in air as she talked animatedly to Ademidun who bopped her head down seemingly intruded in what she had to say.

“Her birthday is next week and dad wants…”

“Dad wants what?” I scowled. Gbotemi turned around the desk and came to sit at the edge of my desk.

“He wants us to get to know her.” He replied in a monotone. I clenched my fist. It didn’t make any sense to me. Why would he fly down all the way from Lagos to tell me this?

“Enitan, if you could just put your anger aside just this once. Chisom is just a victim like us in all of these. It would be unreasonable to direct your anger towards her.” I flicked the tip of the pen on the desk and it flew across the room, landing on the floor. Gbotemi wore dark suit trousers, with a cream shirt. His hair was nicely shaved giving him an edgy look. He moved to the single sofa in the room and crossed his legs. His polished Louis Vuitton matched his chocolate eyes. At least he had a taste for good shoes. I thought.

“Why are you here?” I asked irritated.

“Can’t I be here?” He shot back. “Well, here is the invitation to her 23rd party.” He passed me an envelope with a golden ribbon on it. “She’s excited to meet us. You just have to be there” the smug look on his face only irked me.

“I bet she is. Now if you don’t mind, I’d prefer to devote my precious time to other things.” He clicked his tongue, waving a finger in my face.

“Not you dismissing your brother rudely. No way.” His eyes brightened; keeping his hand on the doorknob he faced me. “And oh yes…” he clapped his hands together “don’t be such a bore dear brother. Bring a plus one this time.” He winked at me and turned to leave. My fists connected with the desk, sending the papers flying up. The last time we had a family dinner I went alone. And I’ve never been so glad to decide that because that dinner night ended on a terrible note. I picked up my phone and dialled it.

“I want you here now!” Bolu’s voice came out on the other end muffled.

“It’s a Saturday, Enitan.” He groaned before throwing off the sheets.

“I know.”

“Who’s that?” a female voice boomed from the phone’s receiver.

“Nothing important.” He replied. “Alright, I’m on my way.” He scoffed at me before ending the call. I rested back in my chair as I sifted my hands through my hair.

Read more here: https://bookishyinka.com/taming-his-desire-10/

1 Like

Re: Taming His Desire (Adult Romance) by Pancakeey(f): 8:21pm On May 24, 2021
aprilwise:
I enjoyed reading every bit of this episode. I want to see the romantic part of em. Thanks for the update

Sooon. We’re getting there wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Been Thrilled By Dan Brown's Books / What Type Of Magazine Will You Like To Read- National Reading Culture Survey / Test Your Creativity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.