Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:58 AM

Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) (18096 Views)

Rivers Govt Begins Demolition Of AIT, Daar Comms Office In Port Harcourt / Court Acquits 19 Men Accused Of Being MASSOB Members After 15 Years In Prison / Court Acquits, Discharges El-Zakzaky And Wife, Orders Immediate Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2021
The Court of Appeal in Abuja has discharged politician and media owner, Raymond Dokpesi and his firm, Daar Investment and Holding Company Limited, of the charges of money laundering breach of Procurement Act in relation to disbursement of the N2.1billion meant for arms purchase while Col Sambo Dasuki was the National Security Adviser (NSA) in 2014.

In two unanimous judgments on Thursday, a three- man panel of Court of Appeal upholds the two appeals by Dokpesi and Daar Investment and proceeded to set aside an earlier ruling of a Federal High Court, Abuja, which rejected the no-case submissions made by the appellants.

Reading the judgments on Thursday, Justice Elfreda Wiialims-Dawodu held the prosecution did not make out a prima facie case against the appellants and did not also establish the elements of the offences charge to warrant the appellants to be called upon to enter defence.

Dokpesi and Daar Investment were being tried before the Federal High Court on a seven-count charge of money laundering and breach of Procurement Act by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

At the conclusion of the prosecution’s case, after calling 14 witnesses, Dokpesi and his firm made no-case submissions, which Justice John Tsoho of the Federal High Court, Abuja, in a ruling on November 24, 2018 rejected and ordered them to enter their defence, a decision Dokpesi and Daar Investment appealed.

SOURCE

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Oluolad86(f): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
cry We are still in Nigeria. Judgement since when

Say a word of prayers to me too that God the perfect healer should heal me wholeheartedly and send helpers to me, thanks.

I need drugs for swollen legs please or who can treat me for free. Thanks

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by tit(f): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Buhari is Nigeria's greatest hero.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by festacman(m): 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
It is already happy Easter celebration for High Chief Aleogho Dokpesi.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by jlinkd78(m): 3:30pm On Apr 01, 2021
Noted
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2021
For u to escape justice in this country, if u use these two strategies 1 use snake to swallow the money 2 use monkeys as bullion van to carry it. With those 2 no judge can prosecute at all. Better still kidnap the money through the use of our fifu from North... If u know u know... I are a free man mehn!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by saaron(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
Late buhari's fulani terrorist regime will be remembered for it's vindictiveness and media trial.

Useless regime

10 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by SamJed(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
Dokpesi - Acquitted
Olisah Metuh - Acquitted
Dasuki - Acquitted

After all the noise and media trial nothing come out

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by milann: 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2021
Go and sin no more
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by slawormiir: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Make him invest well for Ait and Ray power fm for Benin city....

The station dey go off an on....
Na shame to hear say dokpesi way be Edo man...but he investment nor get head for edo state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Brainlight: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
THIS IS NIGERIA.
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
Can he sue for damages now??

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by koms: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
The loop holes in Nigeria condition are so big that it can hardly be effective against politicians
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
There was never a trial...

Just a behind the curtain settlement and acquittal.....
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by kapelvej: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
Oluolad86:
cry We are still in Nigeria. Judgement since when

Say a word of prayers to me too that God the perfect healer should heal me wholeheartedly and send helpers to me, thanks.

I need drugs for swollen legs please or who can treat me for free. Thanks
You are healed in Jesus name...Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
All dis money wey we Don spend untop boko haram ... Even if na war with other west African countries we dey fight we for Don defeat more than five countries by now dey colonize dem...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by odiomachi(m): 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
Next decamp to APC
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by dalass(f): 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2021
Dokpesi can't go to jail... He's a money bag. Period!
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by CelestineNelson: 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2021
This case is still in court? Since 2015 if am not mistaken, our judicial system is a drag...hope they know that justics delay is justics deny...?

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by arazanbal: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
with all the noise efcc make. all dis media trial na shit

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by celestialAgent(m): 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Verily Verily I say unto him, prophet Nnamdi Kanu. Indeed, he discovered a ZOO.
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by captainamiedi1: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
After all the buhari corruption fight. Buhari was never fighting corruption. He uses all these issues to distract Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Josywhyte: 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
Brown envelope has entered hands and the case has been closed....as usual. Who says corruption will ever end in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by pointstores(m): 4:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nawa
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by captainamiedi1: 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
Judolisco:
All dis money wey we Don spend untop boko haram ... Even if na war with other west African countries we dey fight we for Don defeat more than five countries by now dey colonize dem...

what is the relationship between the topic and your comments?? is your brain connected??
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by salbis(m): 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nigeria jaga jaga!
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by elmessiahs(m): 4:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
I pray God heals us...
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Risingblue008(m): 4:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
E for better if only say Dem go dey jail any of these politicians wey steal money without tribalism,,
Re: Appeal Court Acquits Raymond Dokpesi & His Firm, Daar Investment (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
captainamiedi1:

what is the relationship between the topic and your comments?? is your brain connected??
go and ask your grandfather

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

VAT: FIRS’ Exclusive List Push Suffers Setback At NASS / Kukah: Nigerians Are Frustrated By Election Outcome | Justice Seems Impossible / 4 Bayelsa Legislators’ Seats Declared Vacant After Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.