Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday (7015 Views)

Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) / RCCG Embarks On A 40-Day Fasting And Prayer From 11th January 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by younglleo: 9:09am On Apr 02, 2021
Baawaa:

Change your ID to "youngbeggar" grin grin grin
U said dis to mock me, not even caring to knw y i dropped dat. Honestly I'll change it if u will give me dey ₦2000..
U jst want to make fun of everything!
Pls learn angry angry
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by Maximus85(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2021
The cross has nothing to do with Christianity.
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by Sheunma: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2021
Maximus85:
shocked
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by Zona123(m): 9:24am On Apr 02, 2021
Father into your hands I commend my spirit,
Thank you Jesus for giving your life as an atonement for my sins. I live for you my Lord and I give my life to you that you may live in me

1 Like

Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by Jman24(m): 9:29am On Apr 02, 2021
Maximus85:

grin
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by dapadawee: 9:38am On Apr 02, 2021
if na Moslem u go hear something like
a ruling from the cross
a ruling from Friday
a ruling from minor rappers religion
a ruling from Mohammed grave etc
ruling who fulfil ruling what a difficult religion even the practitioners are confuse about allah

1 Like

Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by ggood: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2021
post=100412782:
AMEN AMEN and AMEN to all the prayers in Jesus Mighty Name.

A brief History about this Glorious Day of the Lord.

Good Friday is an important occasion for the Christian community around the world,
For it marks the crucifixion of Jesus Christ at Calvary, a site just outside of Jerusalem.
It is observed during the holy week as the Friday preceding Easter Sunday.
Good Friday is also known as ‘Holy Friday’,

Jesus Christ was arrested and then made to walk with the cross on which he was later crucified.
He suffered on the cross for six hours, and in the final three hours, when it turned completely dark, his spirit left his body.
Jesus’ body was wrapped and taken by Joseph of Arimathea and placed in his own new tomb.
According to Matthew 28:1,
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb”.
He is not here; he has risen, just as he said…” (Matt 28:6)

HE IS RISEN!!!
Your a Christian? I thought ur a Muslim the way you defend the North and Buhari baffle me
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by Pweetyccee(f): 9:44am On Apr 02, 2021
I love u, Jesus I love above all things, I repent with my whole heart of having offended u. Never permit me to separate myself from u again, Grant that I may love u always and then do with me what ever u will.

Father of mercy. In your great love for us you have given us your only son. May he take us up into his own perfect sacrifices, that we may offer you fitting worship. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen

2 Likes

Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by papiSNEH(m): 10:17am On Apr 02, 2021
Forget Christianity Sweet grin grin grin
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by luckydion(m): 10:28am On Apr 02, 2021
post=100412782:
AMEN AMEN and AMEN to all the prayers in Jesus Mighty Name.

A brief History about this Glorious Day of the Lord.

Good Friday is an important occasion for the Christian community around the world,
For it marks the crucifixion of Jesus Christ at Calvary, a site just outside of Jerusalem.
It is observed during the holy week as the Friday preceding Easter Sunday.
Good Friday is also known as ‘Holy Friday’,

Jesus Christ was arrested and then made to walk with the cross on which he was later crucified.
He suffered on the cross for six hours, and in the final three hours, when it turned completely dark, his spirit left his body.
Jesus’ body was wrapped and taken by Joseph of Arimathea and placed in his own new tomb.
According to Matthew 28:1,
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb”.
He is not here; he has risen, just as he said…” (Matt 28:6)

HE IS RISEN!!!
AMEN!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by Slic1: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2021
AMEN.

shockingpink6:
Nice

1 Like

Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by information1: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2021
how much is your Utube channel?
shockingpink6:
Nice
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 02, 2021
THIS IS ONLY FRIDAY THAT GOOD IN 12 MONTH PLS WHO CAN EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS FRIDAY AND THE OTHER FRIDAY
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by Rushna27(f): 11:07am On Apr 02, 2021
May His death and resurrection never go in vain in our lives IJN.... His blood is sufficient for my cleansing.... api Good Friday
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by shockingpink6: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2021
information1:
how much is your Utube channel?

Send me a message sir.
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by younglleo: 11:13am On Apr 02, 2021
Bcus i need 2k all Christians no longer have the good heart anymore...
Pls i need 2k, don't quote me to make fun of me pls, i jst need 2k..
But honestly, Nairaland have bcom sumtin i no longer understand.
U can't comment on Muslim post if u not Muslim but they can comment here... Hmmmmm
Pls i need help, I'm jst stranded here...
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by ofiko123(m): 11:53am On Apr 02, 2021
Happy good Friday to everyone...

1 Like

Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by eMJPossibility(m): 11:56am On Apr 02, 2021
prayer is the master key

1 Like

Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by ItsReal: 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise.

If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this?

We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes,
blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His

But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!!

Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers?

Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewheres?

Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed?

Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed?

How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened

How could the iron reach Him and His body pinioned?

How could His enemies’ hands reach Him and slap His rear

And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god?

What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god!
What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it!

He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood!

Then he got out of the womb as a small baby,
weak and gaping to be breastfed!

He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in
Is this a god??!!

High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians
All of them will be held accountable for their libels

Oh cross worshipers…for what reason is it exalted
and blamed who rejects it?

Is it not the logic to break and burn it along with the one who innovated it?

Since the Lord was crucified on it…and his hands were fastened to it?

That is really a cursed cross to carry…so discard it
Don’t kiss it!

The Lord was abused on it…and you adore it?
So you are one of His enemies!!

If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds

why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves,

since the grave contained your god in it?

So, Christ worshiper, open your eyes,
this is what the matter is all about.
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by EaglesEyes1(m): 2:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
Amen!
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by CanadaCars(m): 2:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
MyCatholicLife:
Catholic Daily Reflections
April 2, 2021
Good Friday of the Lord’s Passion

Father, into your hands I commend my spirit. Luke 23:46

One of the most profound and transforming prayers we could ever pray is given to us today as the response to our Psalm: “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” These words were, of course, spoken by our Lord as He hung upon the Cross and prepared to breathe His last. But they are also words that echoed throughout the earthly life of Jesus, and they continue to echo from the divine heart of our Lord in Heaven for all eternity. “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.”

This prayer is a prayer of surrender to the perfect will of the Father in Heaven, which was the one and only mission of Jesus as He lived upon earth. His only goal was to fulfill the Father’s will, and this was done by His continual surrender of His life to the Father. But Jesus’ surrender to the Father in Heaven did not end as He died upon the Cross. His surrender to the Father is an eternal reality. He continually gives Himself to the Father with perfect love. This is Heaven. Heaven is an eternal unity of the Most Holy Trinity. It’s an eternal giving of the Father to the Son and the Son to the Father. This perfect giving and receiving of love between the Father and the Son spirates the Holy Spirit Who proceeds from them both.

Imagine the response that the Father gave to the Son as He prayed this prayer from the Cross. Though the Father’s response is not recorded in Scripture, we can be certain that the Father’s response was one of complete receptivity and reciprocity. The Father received His eternal Son through that prayer and accepted the ultimate sacrifice of His earthly life for the salvation of the world. And the Father then responded in a reciprocal way by bestowing upon the Son in His human nature the full gift of His very self. Though the Father and the Son were always perfectly united as one, this prayer from the Cross became an earthly manifestation of this holy union.

Though this eternal reality of the Love of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is a deep mystery of our faith, it is also a mystery that we must seek to penetrate and participate in. Heaven will be our eternal participation in this perfect love. Jesus’ prayer on the Cross is the perfect prayer for us to pray throughout our lives so as to begin to enter into that eternal reality, here and now, and to prepare ourselves to share in this eternal union forever.

On this Good Friday, as you gaze upon the crucifixion of Jesus and reflect upon His brutal agony and His earthly death, try to look beyond His human suffering to His perfect surrender. Try to see that His physical death was nothing other than an act of perfect love for the Father and an act into which we are invited to participate. Prayerfully ponder this beautiful prayer of Jesus today: “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” Say it over and over. Pray it slowly and meditatively. Savor each and every word. Make it your own prayer. Let it come forth from the depths of your spirit. Let it be your act of love of God so that the Holy Spirit will become manifest in your life. Use this prayer to show your love for the Father, making Him more fully your Father. Use this prayer as a way of uniting yourself with the eternal Son. Say it with Him, in Him and through Him. Strive to become one with our Lord as He manifests His oneness with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Share in Their divine life. If you do so from the depths of your being, you can be sure that our Father in Heaven will receive you just as He did His Son and They, together with the Holy Spirit, will bestow upon you the gift of their Triune life.

Father in Heaven, into Your hands I commend my spirit. As I gaze upon the crucifix and see Your eternal Son looking to You in Heaven, I unite myself with His eternal surrender to You. My Lord, Jesus, draw me into Your surrender and help me to make Your perfect prayer my own. I love You, Most Holy Trinity, and pray that I may share in the eternal reality of Your love. Jesus, I trust in You.

[b]Jesus was not killed on the cross, the cross has its origin in pagan worship. It was adopted into Christianity about three hundred years after Jesus ascended to heaven. True Christians does not use in cross in worship because it is idolatry, certainly such worship is not acceptable to God.
Moreover, according to the bible's lunar calendar the anniversary of Jesus' death was 6 days ago, 27th March 2021 which corresponds to Nisan 14. So people are being misled to believe that today is the anniversary whereas it occurred already. This raises a thought provoking question. Why did they choose a different date for the anniversary of Jesus death, even though the bible makes it very clear for us to know the date? The date is Nissan 14 clearly stated in the bible.

Something is seriously not right in Christendom, they choose a date to celebrate Jesus birthday and also choose a date to celebrate his death all of these dates have strong connections with pagan worship. Hmmm something to ponder over, Satan is very clever and is busy deceiving billions of people both directly and indirectly. Some might say does it mean all these billions of Christians celebrating Christmas and Easter are being deceived?
Remember when God flooded the earth because of the wickedness at that time only 8 people were saved. God is not interested in quantity, He demands and deserves pure worship.[/b]
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by kazybose: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2021
Amen Amen ijn
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by CanadaCars(m): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
ItsReal:
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise.

If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this?

We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes,
blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His

But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!!

Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers?

Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewheres?

Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed?

Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed?

How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened

How could the iron reach Him and His body pinioned?

How could His enemies’ hands reach Him and slap His rear

And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god?

What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god!
What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it!

He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood!

Then he got out of the womb as a small baby,
weak and gaping to be breastfed!

He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in
Is this a god??!!

High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians
All of them will be held accountable for their libels

Oh cross worshipers…for what reason is it exalted
and blamed who rejects it?

Is it not the logic to break and burn it along with the one who innovated it?

Since the Lord was crucified on it…and his hands were fastened to it?

That is really a cursed cross to carry…so discard it
Don’t kiss it!

The Lord was abused on it…and you adore it?
So you are one of His enemies!!

If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds

why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves,

since the grave contained your god in it?

So, Christ worshiper, open your eyes,
this is what the matter is all about.

You asked very valid questions, I am a Christian, but a different one from the mainstream Christians. Christendom has been seriously contaminated, but that does not mean that we can't find the truth anymore in Christianity.
The bible did not teach that Jesus is God neither did Jesus claim to be one. The bible clearly teaches that Jesus was created by God, so all those worshiping Jesus are being deceived and their worship is in vain. Jesus did not resurrect himself, almighty God, his father resurrected him, he knows that at death he will be non existent, that is why he pleaded to God on the torture stake, committing his life to the hand of God and God heard him and resurrected him because he remain faithful till death.
True Christians does not use the cross in worship, use of cross is idolatry, the cross has its origin in pagan worship. No wonder they choose a date to celebrate Jesus birthday and also choose a date to celebrate his death, all of these dates have strong connections with pagan worship. Clearly anyone taking part in these form of worship and celebration is obviously being deceived by the Devil.
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by CanadaCars(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
Olobofife:
God bless all the Christians out there. Woe unto the terrorists, the fanatics.

Claiming to be a Christian doesn't make you a Christian.
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by CanadaCars(m): 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
Myer:

There are so many "perfect prayers" in the Bible.

The Lord's prayer being the most important one.

The only reason Jesus prayed and committed his spirit to God was simply because according to scriptures he knew he'd die and have to battle in hell.

Hell is the state of being non existent at death, it means we don't exist anymore, just like before we were born. Jesus knew that that is why he committed his life to the hand of the father when he was about to die, because he knows that the only hope of him coming back to life again lies in the hand of the father who resurrected him back to life because he died faithfully. This is the truth the bible teaches.
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by CanadaCars(m): 5:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
Oizatobad:
THIS IS ONLY FRIDAY THAT GOOD IN 12 MONTH PLS WHO CAN EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS FRIDAY AND THE OTHER FRIDAY

there is no difference it is just the same like every other Fridays.
Re: A Prayer From The Cross – Good Friday by CanadaCars(m): 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
luckydion:

AMEN!

I have a question for you. It is true that originally the death and resurrection of Jesus occurred on Friday and Sunday respectively, but why do so called Christians choose to celebrate only on a Friday regardless of what day the actual anniversary date falls on? Please soberly think about this, how do you celebrate your wedding anniversary, isn't it on the actual anniversary date, and not always on the day that it originally happened? Why is all the date chosen to celebrate things about Jesus always having strong connection with pagan worship. Some serious food for thought. Could it be that all these people calling themselves Christians and yet participating in the celebration of Christmas and Easter festivals are indirectly worshiping the Devil?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Victorious Army Pastor Joseph Agboli And Wife Defraud Church Members / .. / Have You Truly Bèen Born Of Water And Spirit ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.