Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit (1063 Views)

How The Israelites Of Old Desecrated The Temple Of YHVH Almighty. / The Temple of YHVH Almighty / Temple Of The Most High God Ogun: Satan Is ‘Brother’, Worshippers Served Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by sonmvayina(m): 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2021
AsherAmari:

They are the same and one spirit.

How do you understand psalm 104:29-31?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2021
sonmvayina:

How do you understand psalm 104:29-31?

It's talking about the glory and power of God overall it's talking about the importance of God in the lives of his children. That without him, we can't survive.

He then cited a bit of the creation process which the Holy Spirit was part of.

if you remember at creation, God said let "US" ( God the Father, son and Holy Spirit) make man in our image and after our likeness. So that's what that part where he was mentioned the Holy Spirit means.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2021
Brethren, He lives in you and me therefore let's present our bodies a living sacrifice to God always.

Keep your bodies from every appearance of evil.
Stay chaste for God.

Let the Holy Spirit find your bodies Holy and habitable for dwelling.

SHALOM.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Mercisharelove(f): 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Hi dear, you quoted "don't you know your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit..." Even when the people in the church of Corinthians sinned, Paul didn't say "your body was the temple of the Holy Spirit". He said "your body IS the temple of the Holy Spirit"... Doesn't it mean that the Holy Spirit is still in them when they sinned? And He still told them that they are of God and not of their own and not they were of God. Do you see what I mean?

Can I show you one or two stuffs

Sin and drawing back are two different stories......

Like SATAN is a sinner, as we were before redemption.

Drawing back to perdition is going to be destroyed with the children of wrath.

Now answering your questions, the scriptures said he that's joined to the LORD CHRIST is one SPIRIT.

You could be joined to the LORD and still perish in ignorance, why because of the rejection of revealed reality.

He - Apostle Paul reminded them, " don't you know that your body is the temple of God Almighty who lives in you, which body you are, for you are no longer yourself, your real life is hid in CHRIST - the LORD is the SPIRIT, when CHRIST who is our life shall appear then shall we appear with him in glory. Hallelujah

Most people preach that the Lord Holy Ghost leave the moment you sin.....
But always remember what I am sharing with you right now..

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

He is joined to the LORD CHRIST JESUS - the righteous - it's impossible to commit sin Because he is being kept by the Holy Ghost not to sin, he is led by the Holy Ghost, in Psalm 23....

Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Yea, though I walk, it's actually you that's leading your through the valley of the shadow of death. Whenever you you lead yourself, you end up in, sin valley hell

There's this prayer in Psalm 51:11

Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

From the beginning of time, the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY have struggled with the flesh, or the body of man, I am talking about his SPIRIT working to see that men walk and work righteousness, their deeds are evil and they hated the true light that shines on everyone who come into this world.

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

There's another instance of where the LORD CHRIST JESUS said," I will spue you out of my mouth"

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

When you sin as Baby Christian two things happen
1 you are resisted - PRIDE OVERWHELMING YOU. THE LORD CHRIST IS KIND AND HUMBLE, ANOTHER WICKED spirit is proud and rude takes over your heart.

2 you could be spue - cast out of his PRESENCE, HIS SPIRIT, fall from blessing and favour of the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY in CHRIST JESUS by the HOLY GHOST. AMEN
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by LisaAnneMia: 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
Mercisharelove:

Can I show you one or two stuffs

Sin and drawing back are two different stories......

Like SATAN is a sinner, as we were before redemption.

Drawing back to perdition is going to be destroyed with the children of wrath.

Now answering your questions, the scriptures said he that's joined to the LORD CHRIST is one SPIRIT.

You could be joined to the LORD and still perish in ignorance, why because of the rejection of revealed reality.

He - Apostle Paul reminded them, " don't you know that your body is the temple of God Almighty who lives in you, which body you are, for you are no longer yourself, your real life is hid in CHRIST - the LORD is the SPIRIT, when CHRIST who is our life shall appear then shall we appear with him in glory. Hallelujah

Most people preach that the Lord Holy Ghost leave the moment you sin.....
But always remember what I am sharing with you right now..

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

He is joined to the LORD CHRIST JESUS - the righteous - it's impossible to commit sin Because he is being kept by the Holy Ghost not to sin, he is led by the Holy Ghost, in Psalm 23....

Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Yea, though I walk, it's actually you that's leading your through the valley of the shadow of death. Whenever you you lead yourself, you end up in, sin valley hell

There's this prayer in Psalm 51:11

Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

From the beginning of time, the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY have struggled with the flesh, or the body of man, I am talking about his SPIRIT working to see that men walk and work righteousness, their deeds are evil and they hated the true light that shines on everyone who come into this world.

Genesis 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

There's another instance of where the LORD CHRIST JESUS said," I will spue you out of my mouth"

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

When you sin as Baby Christian two things happen
1 you are resisted - PRIDE OVERWHELMING YOU. THE LORD CHRIST IS KIND AND HUMBLE, ANOTHER WICKED spirit is proud and rude takes over your heart.

2 you could be spue - cast out of his PRESENCE, HIS SPIRIT, fall from blessing and favour of the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY in CHRIST JESUS by the HOLY GHOST. AMEN

Oh u mentioned me here too. My response is on the other thread
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Vizconson(m): 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
heendrix:

i keep wondering of all addiction why is mine fornication and it a very stubborn one at it

You can send me a mail if you wanna stop. If I say what I wanna say here, some people might take advantage of it
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by heendrix(m): 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
Vizconson:

You can send me a mail if you wanna stop. If I say what I wanna say here, some people might take advantage of it

tho i know it have a very bad spiritual effect but can i text you up on what's app? Pls type ur no when i see it i wount quote the text
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkiee: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2021
heendrix:
tho i know it have a very bad spiritual effect but can i text you up on what's app? Pls type ur no when i see it i wount quote the text
The problem you are tangled up in is a simple one to get yourself out of. You complicate it by refusing to go with God's own suggestion, choosing the words of men over Him. undecided

As Jesus Christ told you in John 8, sin is simply disobedience of the commandments of God, and the way to overcome it is to choose obedience of same commandments of God. And Jesus Christ(His teachings) are the very commandments of God that you need to accept(trust) and obey(do).

John 8 vs 31-36
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31. So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33. They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34. Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35. A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36. So if the Son makes you free, you are really free.
Only you can free yourself from slavery to sin. And the only way is for you to learn what Jesus Christ in fact say of Sin, what He commands, and do as He says you should do. undecided
Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, is the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God - His teachings and examples embody this Law. So, by learning what Jesus Christ in fact taught, you learn His commandments, and through the obedience of them, you are set free from sin. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by heendrix(m): 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The problem you are tangled up in is a simple one to get yourself out of. You complicate it by refusing to go with God's own suggestion, choosing the words of men over Him. undecided

As Jesus Christ told you in John 8, sin is simply disobedience of the commandments of God, and the way to overcome it is to choose obedience of same commandments of God. And Jesus Christ(His teachings) are the very commandments of God that you need to accept(trust) and obey(do).
Only you can free yourself from slavery to sin. And the only way is for you to learn what Jesus Christ in fact say of Sin, what He commands, and do as He says you should do. undecided
Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, is the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God - His teachings and examples embody this Law. So, by learning what Jesus Christ in fact taught, you learn His commandments, and through the obedience of them, you are set free from sin. undecided

There was no way I told you I was a sinner or abhorred sin in me. undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkiee: 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
heendrix:
There was no way I told you I was a sinner or abhorred sin in me. undecided
undecided
heendrix:
i keep wondering of all addiction why is mine fornication and it a very stubborn one at it
Are those not your words? undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Vizconson(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
heendrix:

I think its better if we talk via email. It makes me more comfortable
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 13, 2021
This cup shall pass. In Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MightySparrow: 9:44am On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The BODY in question is not about individuals but when two or three Christians gather. Matthew 18:20
So when Paul said [/b]"YOUR BODY"[/b] he is talking about the GROUP not individuals! {1Corinthians 6:19} individuals forming the congregation must strive to make their body clean so that God's Holy Spirit will continue to assemble with them anytime they come together in his name! Matthew 18:20

Another lie of JWs! Paul is talking about formication here. I will not be surprised if you say you only true Christian body is one referred to here. Anyways, so many cases of children sex molestation are covered up by the 'Only approved evil organisation' committing fornication together. Can't you read English?

This is not Greek or Hebrew, direct and straightforward.

Delusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2021
I can see how the truth keep tormenting you but i just can't help you my friend! embarassed

You can see how many ignored it because they can't comprehend it, surely Paul was talking about the fornication but the body he was referring to is not about individuals rather the whole congregation as a BODY.
Go and read Jesus' messages to the congregations in the Bible book of Revelations 3.

Do you think his message was about individuals or the congregation (Church) as one body?
Do you think it's all members of these Churches that Jesus was condemning or it was due to the fact that the congregation (Church) as one body allows for such things?

Òré, my God differs from yours! smiley

MightySparrow:

Another lie of JWs! Paul is talking about formication here. I will not be surprised if you say you only true Christian body is one referred to here. Anyways, so many cases of children sex molestation are covered up by the 'Only approved evil organisation' committing fornication together. Can't you read English?
This is not Greek or Hebrew, direct and straightforward.Delusion.

As for the highlighted, make sure you keep your immediate family away from your blood brother now that he is also one of us! Matthew 5:11-12 compare to 1Peter 2:12 cheesy
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MightySparrow: 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I can see how the truth keep tormenting you but i just can't help you my friend! embarassed

You can see how many ignored it because they can't comprehend it, surely Paul was talking about the fornication but the body he was referring to is not about individuals rather the whole congregation as a BODY.
Go and read Jesus' messages to the congregations in the Bible book of Revelations 3.

Do you think his message was about individuals or the congregation (Church) as one body?
Do you think it's all members of these Churches that Jesus was condemning or it was due to the fact that the congregation (Church) as one body allows for such things?

Òré, my God differs from yours! smiley

As for the highlighted, make sure you keep your immediate family away from your blood brother now that he is also one of us! Matthew 5:11-12 compare to 1Peter 2:12 cheesy

Can't you read that Paul letter was to correct fornicating church, not your organisation? Why deceiving yourself?

The body is of individual believer there, then, and bigger picture everywhere? GB has blinded your mind, brother
The reason I rejoice with those that have been liberated from mental captivity. Yours is coming.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
OK o! grin

MightySparrow:

Can't you read that Paul letter was to correct fornicating church, not your organisation? Why deceiving yourself?
The body is of individual believer there, then, and bigger picture everywhere? GB has blinded your mind, brother neighbour
The reason I rejoice with those that have been liberated from mental captivity. Yours is coming.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MightySparrow: 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
OK o! grin

What evil is more than hypnosis indoctrination?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
I swear you don't have any problem Sir! cheesy

MightySparrow:

What evil is more than hypnosis indoctrination?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MightySparrow: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I swear you don't have any problem Sir! cheesy

.I don't, thank God
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2021
Wow, i said it! smiley

MightySparrow:

I don't, thank God
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MightySparrow: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Wow, i said it! smiley

Do you have problems?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2021
Just as you don't nah! undecided
That's why i wonder why you keep mentioning me from thread to thread as if i'm your problem when we've both concluded that our God is not the same!

MightySparrow:

Do you have problems?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MightySparrow: 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Just as you don't nah! undecided
That's why i wonder why you keep mentioning me from thread to thread as if i'm your problem when we've both concluded that our God is not the same!

I have told you from Awolowo the late sage.

...... because we are related, we will continue to meet again and again....
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2021
Well i don't believe in politicians but in God's word so i'll quote God's words:

Light and Darkness are not related! 2 Corinthians 6:14

So it's better if we avoid discussing on scriptures since we know our God differs as one is in the light and the other is in darkness, let's avoid what will always lead us into bitter arguments! 1Timothy 6:4; Philippians 2:14; Colossians 2:4; Titus 3:9

MightySparrow:

I have told you from Awolowo the late sage.
...... because we are related, we will continue to meet again and again....
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MightySparrow: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I don't believe a politician but in God's word so i'll quote God's words:

Light and Darkness are not related! 2 Corinthians 6:14

So it's better if we avoid discussing on scriptures since we know our God differs as one is in the light and the other is in darkness, let's avoid what will always lead us into bitter arguments! 1Timothy 6:4; Philippians 2:14; Colossians 2:4; Titus 3:9

I believe in humanity, we are basically humans before religion or career.

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Acts 17:26

From the basics we are related. I believe you went to a tertiary institution. In your project, did you qouted scriptures alone, if at all?
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2021
MightySparrow:

I believe in humanity, we are basically humans before religion or career.
2 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; Acts 17:26
What is the correlation between the subject of discussion and the quotation? undecided
This is why you keep trailing me from thread to thread, what you quoted is talking about where people settle down to live as habitation but you and i are discussing on how to relate as neighbours without having issues, if it's faith that's causing trouble between us:
Can each keep his without disturbing the other?
YES!
Why trailing your neighbour for his/her faith?
INTOLERANCE!
Boko Haram killing people believe they shouldn't spare you to practice your faith, so are you also a TERRORIST? undecided

From the basics we are related. I believe you went to a tertiary institution. In your project, did you qouted scriptures alone, if at all?
This has to do with FAITH! FAITH!! FAITH!!! And from your own mouth you said your neighbour (Maximus) is deluded and indoctrinated but the so called deluded and indoctrinated now feels it's OK let us keep our FAITH out of our friendship but you keep trailing your neighbour up and down when there is no agreement regarding FAITH.
What else do you want than killing your neighbour for practicing his FAITH? undecided
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 18, 2021
Present your bodies a living sacrifice.
Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by lasisi69(f): 9:01am On Apr 18, 2021
heendrix:

lol.. It's Discipline..

2 Likes

Re: Your Body Is The Temple Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2021
Brethen, present your bodies a living sacrifice holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable Service.

Shalom.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Science Of Children’s Gender Determination And Resemblance In Islam / The Trinity Explained / Did God Create People To Be Homosexuals, Transgender, Pedophiles, Non Binary Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.