Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation (30555 Views)

UNILAG Professor, Duro Ajeyalemi Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / I Finally Received My 10,000 Grant From Federal Government / Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by letitrainnow(m): 5:56am On Apr 02, 2021
Congrats man, use it wisely.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Bluntemperor: 5:58am On Apr 02, 2021
deji17:
Great!

Very beautiful with brain.
Keep shinning.
Congratulations once again, Ma'am.
This is how to make Nigeria proud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by heysquare(m): 6:23am On Apr 02, 2021
michlins:
Congratulations to the winner.

Our religious knuckleheads won't see this. Bill and melinda be saving Africa since time began. I hope they don't tag it 666 or population control
Is FFK a religious knucklehead too?
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by olabadmus: 6:25am On Apr 02, 2021
Congratulation ma
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by thinkmoney(m): 6:39am On Apr 02, 2021
LegendHero:
A Nigerian professor identified as Bosede Afolabi has made the country proud by winning the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Grant.

The University of Lagos (UNILAG) gynaecologist was awarded a research grant of $2,518,474.00 (N958,908,975.50). Her project is titled Intravenous Versus Oral Iron for Iron Deficiency Anaemia in Pregnant Nigerian Women (IVON).

The disclosure was made by UNILAG, which celebrated the Nigerian professor on its LinkedIn page.

According to UNILAG website, Professor Bosede Afolabi is internationally recognised for her research in sickle cell pregnancy.

Nigerians soon flooded the comment section of the post to congratulate Professor Afolabi.

Source: https://www.legit.ng/1409894-nigerian-female-professor-wins-n958m-grant-bill-melinda-gates-foundation-many-hail-her.html
And mumu people go dey say Bill Gate is the 'Evil anti-christ '.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by GOOOGLE504(m): 6:39am On Apr 02, 2021
MrIcredible:
Chai!

The sad thing is

70% of the money will be lavished for her selfishness and personal uses.
That's the sad thing with most Nigerian researchers that wins grants. Very USELESS people.

All the researches they've been doing all these years, what positive values has it added to Nigeria economically?
They usually end up on the shelves.
No actualisation
No implementation
What do you expect the money to be used for. That is the beauty of receiving grants - they give you way more than what you actually need as long as the cause is just.

Congrats to the Prof.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by mechanics(m): 6:40am On Apr 02, 2021
Beauty with brain, congrats to her.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by 9jaRealist: 6:43am On Apr 02, 2021
LegendHero:
This is Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation number: +12067093400.

But I don’t think they give grants directly to individuals

At least not to individuals who’s research is “What Does Being Rich Feels Like”. grin
>
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by 9jaRealist: 6:45am On Apr 02, 2021
MrIcredible:
Chai!

The sad thing is

70% of the money will be lavished for her selfishness and personal uses. That's the sad thing with most Nigerian researchers that wins grants. Very USELESS people.

All the researches they've been doing all these years, what positive values has it added to Nigeria economically?
No actualisation
No implementation

You sound PAINED! ‘Pele... grin
>

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Sunshyne200(m): 6:48am On Apr 02, 2021
winning101:
So the 900 million naira doesn't contain monitoring tracker, voice recorder or GPS? It doesn't kill Africans too?

This greatly shows that poverty and hunger is the highest cause of people whipping up weird conspiracy theories and abnormal stories.

A person who is handsomely employed or has a profitable business that yeilds good money will know how it feels to have financial freedom and time and then understand that nothing, I repeat, nothing, will ever make a $100b+ retiree like Bill Gates to even have the weirdest thought of having to inject monitor or whatever they call it inside some poor Nigerian or anyone at all. The technology to do such is not even available. If available Bill Gates will have to spend of $200bn to inject only Nigeria with 200m people $2000 trackers each. His networth is only $150bn or so.

The most embarrassing part of these stories is the that people spreading it took polio vaccines donated by Bill Gates at infant, they didn't die, only to grow up and think Bill Gates or someone somewhere wants to eat their destiny or monitor their movement. Same person owns a smartphone with GPS, Internet connection and a gallery full of his photos, has a Facebook account with all his information, and then a bank account with all his accurate personal information/biometrics and financial details and history - all stored with computers running on Windows operating system that was developed by...wait for it...Bill Gates.

Congrats to Doc. cheesy

Support my YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wqna9BlFaI

Make I copy your post, paste for my WhatsApp status, my conspiracy theorist them need to block me again.
����� Funny set of Nigerians.

I tell them, say if bill wan kill people no be Africans, them no get worth.

Him country people and them likes dey calculate how to even leave this earth for Africa's self..

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by papyskinsy: 6:54am On Apr 02, 2021
Meanwhile male professors are busy chasing anything that wears skirt and dusting their rusty books.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by maasoap(m): 6:57am On Apr 02, 2021
I'm really interested in hearing what FFK have to say about this.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by KingAzubuike(f): 6:59am On Apr 02, 2021
Lol this one na female lecturer anyways

But their make counterpart, they no dey use research grants do better thing o. That's why you see some of them balling so hard you begin to wonder if na the 250k + monthly salary dey fund this kind lifestyle. But na grants money mehn. The go use am carry woman (students) , buy new rides, build house.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 02, 2021
Congratulations ma'am. Would have been nice working with you if my research area aligned with yours. I mean, see money na cheesy Anyways, when and how do I get fundings like this bikonu? I'm a researcher too, research focus on using environmental wastes to synthesize organic acids, antibiotics etc. Any body to give me heads-up on how to secure a good grant? Or help me with this Prof's contact? I'm certain she will help.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Duplexxx: 7:08am On Apr 02, 2021
grin
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by maasoap(m): 7:08am On Apr 02, 2021
MrIcredible:
Chai!

The sad thing is

70% of the money will be lavished for her selfishness and personal uses. That's the sad thing with most Nigerian researchers that wins grants. Very USELESS people.

I understand your concern but you didn't know this woman before and the sacrifices she might have made. You don't know how passionate she might be about her research and the kind of legacy she is interested in leaving behind. Gates are not dumb to just drop 1 billion naira to a single person, a Nigerian they haven't investigated very well. And it has been stated up there how the money will be used.

No actualisation
No implementation

It is not up to the researchers to actualize and implement the outcomes of their research because they don't have financial means to do that. That's left for the government and corporations to show interest.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by michlins(m): 7:11am On Apr 02, 2021
heysquare:

Is FFK a religious knucklehead too?
him own worse. At the end of the day, he still took the vaccines paid by them
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by 7victor(m): 7:12am On Apr 02, 2021
LegendHero:
A Nigerian professor identified as Bosede Afolabi has made the country proud by winning the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Grant.

The University of Lagos (UNILAG) gynaecologist was awarded a research grant of $2,518,474.00 (N958,908,975.50). Her project is titled Intravenous Versus Oral Iron for Iron Deficiency Anaemia in Pregnant Nigerian Women (IVON).

The disclosure was made by UNILAG, which celebrated the Nigerian professor on its LinkedIn page.

According to UNILAG website, Professor Bosede Afolabi is internationally recognised for her research in sickle cell pregnancy.

Nigerians soon flooded the comment section of the post to congratulate Professor Afolabi.

Source: https://www.legit.ng/1409894-nigerian-female-professor-wins-n958m-grant-bill-melinda-gates-foundation-many-hail-her.html

From her picture, she is very young and is already a professor.

That is what God's blessings do to someone.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 02, 2021
grin

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Jaqenhghar: 7:15am On Apr 02, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
UNILAG is getting it right with these big ticket grants their lecturers are getting almost every week. Some of these other universities can find out how UNILAG lecturers prepare their grant applications and follow through to success. Although I doubt if UNILAG will "show them the way".

Well done to the University of Lagos, the University of First Choice and the nation's pride
#proudlyAkokite
Winning grants is one thing. Using the grants judiciously and presenting results is another thing
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Jaqenhghar: 7:18am On Apr 02, 2021
maasoap:

I understand your concern but you didn't know this woman before and the sacrifices she might have made. You don't know how passionate she might be about her research and the kind of legacy she is interested in leaving behind. Gates are not dumb to just drop 1 billion naira to a single person, a Nigerian they haven't investigated very well. And it has been stated up there how the money will be used.

It is not up to the researchers to actualize and implement the outcomes of their research because they don't have financial means to do that. That's left for the government and corporations to show interest.
Its not about actulizing the findings. Why are those findings no published? Or is that another function of the government too?
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Emperor002: 7:26am On Apr 02, 2021
Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Lamasta(m): 7:30am On Apr 02, 2021
Congrats to the prof herself that's the result you get when you are hardworking and supported by a prestigious university

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Oshios4christ(m): 7:31am On Apr 02, 2021
Many congratulations keep making Nigeria proud!

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by cmecproblem(m): 7:32am On Apr 02, 2021
That one will just come and build an estate in Nigeria.
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:41am On Apr 02, 2021
Proudly Yoruba ! Thank you for making us proud my Prof. We love love you and pray for more success to come your way and all the ways of good Sons and daughters of Oduduwa.

We are Yoruba - intelligent, brilliant,progressive; we ain't some bloodsucking landless demons from sahel !

On Oduduwa nation we stand !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by MightySparrow: 7:46am On Apr 02, 2021
She must be an omoluabi?

1 Like

Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Average9jaman: 7:48am On Apr 02, 2021
See us getting research grants from other countries, meanwhile buhari and our extremely greedy,senseless politicians are clueless about the importance of research to any country that is serious about progress

Even during the initial breakout of covid and some doctors came out to say they could lend a helping hand in terms of previous work they had done regarding the corona virus, instead of buhari to release funds for further research, they preferred to disregard these people and even criticising them

Who knows if covid vaccine would have 1st been discovered from 9ja if buhari had any sense to invest in research

One could only imagine the income the sale of vaccines is generating for the countries that produced them
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by Emmani360(m): 7:53am On Apr 02, 2021
michlins:
Congratulations to the winner.

Our religious knuckleheads won't see this. Bill and melinda be saving Africa since time began. I hope they don't tag it 666 or population control
Thank God we still have sane people like you in this country.
Everything is either about 666 or population control, bunch of religious wankers
Re: UNILAG's Professor Bosede Wins ₦958 Million Grant From Bill Gates Foundation by PropertyBuying(f): 7:54am On Apr 02, 2021
grin lol
Resurrection212:
Tell him you are from poverty of the world capital that you're very hungry right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Educated Tribe In Nigeria / Four Students Celebrating The End Of WASSCE At Lagos Beach Drown / 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.