Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,393 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? (3238 Views)

For Men, Can You Marry A Lady With This Ideology? / My Aunt Did Not Cook/ Prepare Me Food When I Went Visiting Her? / Pls Help Me!! How Do I Tell My Friend His Girlfriend Can Not Cook?? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by MufasaLion: 12:06pm On Apr 12, 2021
Oluolad86:

I can't marry someone I'm older than grin grin grin

You don't even know me grin

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
In this day and time when you can have customised food bowls delivered to you that you can have in stock for as long as three weeks.

People are marrying men and women who can't even boil water, don't worry.

No stress, mahn. cheesy

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Magnoliaa(f): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
tunize:
Why not cooking is learnable and teachable unlike bad character.

Come and wife me, plis.

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

No stress, mahn. cheesy

Lol.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by tunize(m): 12:28pm On Apr 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Come and wife me, plis.
Oya nah no shaking where are you from?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2021
tunize:

Oya nah no shaking where are you from?

I am from Pluto, so the language I speak can be hard to understand sometimes. I mean, for real. How I communicate is complex. Can you deal? How I act, too...
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2021
Before you dwell on this, know now that a bunch of women that can't cook will not want to even when married.

Some come from a pampered life of leaving things to a maid or have vowed never to cook for any man under the guise of feminism. So, a man cannot always bet that his already married wife will learn to cook in marriage. It works in Africa Magic, and romance movies. In the real world, you may find yourself cooking for your kids or eating out on a weekly basis.

I'm not a great cook, but I'd do well to master it fast - cooking is a useful skill but for the sake of marriage, wise decisions should be made.

tunize:
Why not cooking is learnable and teachable unlike bad character.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by livingchrist: 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2021
Why not? Cooking can be learnt, but if she is the type that cant cook because she feel is beneath her then it is a big fat no!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by tunize(m): 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2021
nwaezeemmanuel:
Before you dwell on this, know now that a bunch of women that can't cook will not want to even when married.

Some come from a pampered life of leaving things to a maid or have vowed never to cook for any man under the guise of feminism. So, a man cannot always bet that his already married wife will learn to cook in marriage. It works in Africa Magic, and romance movies. In the real world, you may find yourself cooking for your kids or eating out on a weekly basis.

I'm not a great cook, but I'd do well to master it fast - cooking is a useful skill but for the sake of marriage, wise decisions should be made.

Valid point but in truth not everyone was pampered there Are some ladies that can't cook not necessarily that they can't light a match but they might just be lagging behind on some meals or have minor errors that I think can be learnt unlike wen a girl has bad character.

Still on you could have a near perfect lady that can't cook so because she nor Sabi cook u go dump am? Na to teach her
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by tunize(m): 2:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I am from Pluto, so the language I speak can be hard to understand sometimes. I mean, for real. How I communicate is complex. Can you deal? How I act, too...
I learnt Pluto language last year hehehe I can deal with anything but just be virtuous. Craziness is allowed in a man's life ones ones!
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2021
tunize:

I learnt Pluto language last year hehehe I can deal with anything but just be virtuous. Craziness is allowed in a man's life ones ones!

This ship's rudder yaff broken patapata. Ship never even leave dock.

I'm not virtuous. :-|

God will give us our own spices—spouses.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by tunize(m): 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2021
Magnoliaa:

This ship's rudder yaff broken patapata. Ship never even leave dock.

I'm not virtuous. :-|

God will give us our own spices—spouses.
Oh u get mouth! Can we talk outside NL "I like get it digits"
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Kobicove(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
No I cannot!

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
There is no near perfect lady. No one is near perfect - our flaws are too pronounced to be close to perfection.

Ladies have many trivial traits they use to select who they'd want to be with. Why can't a man also comfortably choose a woman on the basis of culinary skills. A lot of men get dumped or shut down by very funny qualifiers. With that in mind, I will not judge or villainize a man that dumps a lady because of kitchen business - whatever he thinks will work for him, that's his choice.

Some will follow your teaching approach and regret things like I mentioned earlier. And that is why I will never advise men to cuff a woman in hopes she'd learn to cook - maybe, the learning could be done pre-marriage.

tunize:

Valid point but in truth not everyone was pampered there Are some ladies that can't cook not necessarily that they can't light a match but they might just be lagging behind on some meals or have minor errors that I think can be learnt unlike wen a girl has bad character.

Still on you could have a near perfect lady that can't cook so because she nor Sabi cook u go dump am? Na to teach her

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Liposure: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
Any woman coming into my house must know how to cook. I can't do with an empty stomach

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by ABANGWABOI(m): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2021
Any man that does such is a useless and moronic fellow..
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Oluolad86(f): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2021
MufasaLion:

You don't even know me grin

My instinct don't deceive me wink
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by MufasaLion: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2021
Oluolad86:

My instinct don't deceive me wink

Sadly, it has decieved you. cool
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by KingClown(m): 9:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
Oluolad86:
I can't marry a man that can't cook.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Twoclans(f): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2021
I kuku don't like cooking ,marriage is not for me either .

I just want to have so much money, the kind of money that stops nonsense .Who marriage help undecided

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by MrCork1: 9:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
InvestingExpert:
we are in the world where almost everyone is about shape and sizes of a lady or money in the bank account

so I just wanted to ask, can you marry a lady that can't cook?

what if she is very rich and well to do?

what if she has all the qualities you desire in a lady but can't cook?

And also for the ladies

Can you marry a man that doesn't do house chores and doesn't want to help in the cleaning of the house?

I need your honest opinion?

huh? cook? Who care about cook? Cook wot?
Bro u don't like punnnnny?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by myami: 10:50pm On Apr 12, 2021
Twoclans:
I kuku don't like cooking ,marriage is not for me either .

I just want to have so much money, the kind of money that stops nonsense .Who marriage help undecided
ah! You better don't say that outside oh. You are a woman and the onus is on you to get married b4 it's too late
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 12, 2021

I need a man that'll sneak up on me while in the kitchen. If he's good at that, no problem.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Magnoliaa(f): 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2021
tunize:

Oh u get mouth! Can we talk outside NL "I like get it digits"

Leemao.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by phazotron(m): 12:01am On Apr 13, 2021
Only if she can make up for it in other areas
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by olabrinks(f): 12:10am On Apr 13, 2021
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 5:33am On Apr 13, 2021
This is amazing. Your story is one of the good ones, my point is that this isn't the same scenario for every marriage.

And to be real, food is a primary concern in marriages - your last sentence says otherwise even though you had to learn to cook, that speaks of a primary need to me.

Couples often fight over food, feeding expenses, and all sorts. Of course, it is not the foundation of marriage but it is like every primary need, even among singles. I would still never advise a man to dwell on blind faith that the woman he marries will learn to cook in marriage. Thanks for sharing your experience.

olabrinks:
I didn’t know how to cook when I got married. I was 23 and I just always hated the process of it. My mother always cooked for us growing up because she loved it, she spoiled us. My husband married me knowing I couldn’t cook, but the shame of me allowing My husband to cook esp when guests came over i just had to learn. Now years down the line, I know how people feel when they eat my food, its positive. And I know how my husbands friends envy him because he has someone like me, not to brag but it’s just the truth. So imagine if my husband left me for someone else whilst dating. I’m saying food is important, but trust me when you get married the kind of issues that you will face ehnn, food/good cook will be your last concern. Marriage is harrdddd work.

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by JustCruise(m): 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2021
Draught

Never

Can she marry me if i cant bring financial incentives to cater for her and the family?

And if she's so damn rich, still wont move me because whether we like it or not.. A Man and a Woman have different primordial functions in the house..

Cooking and house chores are part of a woman's primordial function...

All ye Feminuts can choke on this post!

I swear bro!!! You just said my mind. Every gender has it's primary responsibilities.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by Deucalion007: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2021
Me that I can eat anything as long as it's food.But how about the children ...If the mum can't cook ,it'll make the children crave for other mothers food and it'll make them very greedy .
The best thing is I'll make sure she learns how to cook atleast for the sake of the children we'll have together

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by 2buffagain(m): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2021
Can't and won't are 2 different things.

I won't marry a woman who won't cook.
Anybody who wants to, can cook. Everything I know of cooking na from youtube I learn am.

There was this american nigerian girl trying to talk to me about relationship and where it is going and all that.

I looked at her confused because this is one girl who has never one day cooked for us to eat.
Everytime we meet, na restaurant.
Na only to dey wear ripped jeans dey slay town you sabi.
You don't think you should demo your home-making skills to the man you are interested in? You get sense so? undecided
I even gave her hint that she needs to invite me to come and eat egusi.
She ignored it. Only to start asking me stupid question about where relationship is going.

How in the fvck will I take you seriously as a woman in that way when you are not even feminine bruh?

My question to women, will you marry a man who everytime you both go out, you are the one that always pays for everything?

Re: Can You Marry A Lady That Can Not Cook? by InvestingExpert(m): 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
Good evening

D0nt Hate Me (my Yahoo Confessions) / The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 / A Lady Brought 2 People On A Date And The Guy Did This