Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile (13429 Views)

Governorship Ticket: Sanwo-Olu Rejects PDP's Offer - Gboyega Akosile / OccupyLekkiTollGate: Nobody Will Bring Lagos Down - Gboyega Akosile / Sanwo-olu Appoints Six New Permanent Secretaries, Gboyega Akosile, Deputy CPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Revolva(m): 8:00am On Apr 02, 2021
Gboyega Akosile, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Lagos State, on Wednesday, described as false a video claiming to show people booing the convoy of his principal, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Tuesday evening at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere.

The 23 seconds video, which a Twitter user, @absuxxess shared, showed some cars leaving the premises of the Teslim Balogun Stadium after the Super Eagles of Nigeria defeated Lesotho 3-0 in an African Cup of Nations, AFCON, qualifier tie on Tuesday evening.

Some youths at the Stadium gate booed the occupants of the cars with a chant of ‘Ole,’ which means ‘thief’ in the Yoruba language.

The Twitter user wrote, “Immediately Governor Sanwo-Olu departed Teslim Balogun stadium after the match. Hear the response from supporters…”

However, reacting to the video, Akosile, in a tweet, insisted that it was not Sanwo-Olu’s convoy.

Akosile wrote, “This is wrong, totally false. This is not Governor @jidesanwoolu’s convoy. Let’s stay away from spreading falsehoods. I’d implore you to correct your wrongful publication.”

See video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rku9kHAIE0M

Immediately Governor Sanwo Olu departs Teslim Balogun stadium after the match. Here the response from supporters shouting "ole," now do you think the convoy that was in this video was the Governors convoy or another person lets hear your comments below.

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by EmptyGarden(m): 8:17am On Apr 02, 2021
Mr. Chief Press Secretary, this your laundry work is totally unnecessary. Are you saying the wrong convoy was booed? Anyway, we're very clear about whom the booing was for, and I believe he got the message.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by CandyOps(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2021
EmptyGarden:
Mr. Chief Press Secretary, this your laundry work is totally unnecessary, are you saying the wrong convoy was booed? Anyway, we're very clear about whom the booing was for, and I believe he got the message.

Yes bro, you took the words right outta my mouth my niggah! ..

Rich man wey steal money Dem no de show him face for Crime Fighter- African China

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Mynd44: 10:37am On Apr 02, 2021
EmptyGarden:
Mr. Chief Press Secretary, this your laundry work is totally unnecessary. Are you saying the wrong convoy was booed? Anyway, we're very clear about whom the booing was for, and I believe he got the message.

1. That was not the governor's convoy.
2. They booked because of attednce restriction due to COVID-19

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by paulolee(m): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2021
was around the stadium dt noon n I heard crowd making booing noises but don't know who they were booing but it was a for s convoy shaa.
I heard they were booing them because they were restricted from seeing super eagles play in Lagos..
heard they were booing the government officials incharge of sports and my gee saud its for sanwo bt am not dt sure..
was more surprised with d crowd dt I saw waiting outside even after being told dt fans are restricted bcox of covid and I come de ask if cr7 or messi go dey that teslim?
don't get me wrong, I do watch eagles games on t.v but with wat m seeing i dnt tink i can stress myself going to a stadium to watch them play even if na free bcox e no worth d stress..

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by arsie540: 11:48am On Apr 02, 2021
Wahala no dey finish
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by pointstores(m): 11:49am On Apr 02, 2021
Nawa
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by rowosky(m): 11:49am On Apr 02, 2021
Whose convoy was it then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Lagosfinder(m): 11:49am On Apr 02, 2021
Okay
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by DennySaMe: 11:49am On Apr 02, 2021
cry2
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Pavicx(m): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2021
See this one

The intention was to boo the governor
So whether him or not
I hope he gets the message...

Keep decieving yourself and the people
It's Bruno Fernandes convey then

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by directonpc(m): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2021
Good stuff
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by heckymaicon(m): 11:52am On Apr 02, 2021
Mynd44:

1. That was not the governor's convoy.
2. They booked because of attednce restriction due to COVID-19

Them powerful politicians don buy your conscience. Resist the urge to shalaye Mr mynd44 wey dey delete anti-buhari posts

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Militant30: 11:52am On Apr 02, 2021
Gf
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by heckymaicon(m): 11:54am On Apr 02, 2021
Nigeria politicians are useless & shameless. Everyone of them
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by ransomed: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2021
Uncle, you can lie for Africa.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 11:57am On Apr 02, 2021
Very useless scarecrow
Na which person convoy come be that?
Useless governor

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by bhella10: 11:58am On Apr 02, 2021
We know them. My money is on awon ara ibi
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by younglleo: 11:59am On Apr 02, 2021
Please can someone assist me with 2k...
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Mhimi007(m): 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
rowosky:
Mine smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Adjovi: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2021
As long as the booood got the message from the booers .

Don't quote my English just ignore and pass.
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by ClassicMan202(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
APC.... Lies as usual
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Matinho: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
Amaju Pinnick convoy
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by Matinho: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
Amaju Pinnick
rowosky:
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by mannobi(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
Children of hate would want you to believe that Sanwo-Olu is not loved but go to the streets, Mr Jide is not an office man, he prefers to mingle with the streets than sitting in the office. Mr governor, leave the children of perdition always spreading fake news about Lagos
Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
heckymaicon:

Them powerful politicians don buy your conscience. Resist the urge to shalaye Mr mynd44 wey dey delete anti-buhari posts

MOD wey dey defend politician on the side!!
Weere too much for this forum

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by naptu2: 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
That's Gbajabiamila's motorcade and the people that booed him knew that it was Gbaja. Listen to the audio.

He represents Surulere consitituency and the game was played in Surulere.

If you listen carefully you'll hear some people in the crowd shouting "Gbaja".

The governor uses an SUV, while the speaker uses a Mercedes Benz S Class sedan.

The crowd was angry that some people got into the stadium and they couldn't get in.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Lesotho: Sanwo-Olu’s Convoy Wasn’t Booed – Gboyega Akosile by LaReinaa(f): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
As long as the Governor himself is fully aware that he was booed, there's no need for further explanations or denial, the message has already been passed grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Impose Consensus Candidate On APC Aspirants, Party Leaders Tell Buhari / All Nigerian Military Head Of State Are Corrupt Including General Buhari / GEJ's Strategic Plan For 2015 Election Victory - Leaked By Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.