Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. (2597 Views)

Titi Abubakar: No Yoruba Woman Has Been First Lady, Make Me The 1st, I Beg You / You’ve Lost Igbo Support Over 'Soaked Sliced Bread' Comment - SERG Tells Tinubu / 2019: Agbaje, Sanwo-olu Scramble For Igbo Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by bakynes(m): 9:29am On Apr 03, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

Remove Igbo's from those major churches let's see how it fares....

If care is not taken Muslim Yoruba's might be more than the christian Yoruba's... The most confused tribe in Nigeria when it comes to religion...

Fool, Christainity and Islam are foreign religion brought to Africans. Islam came first some accepted it and when Christainity came some people equally accepted it. Infact Igbos are baby Christains compared to Yorubas, kiss my ass if you dont like it.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 03, 2021
Lol.

At this point, if I was Igbo, I'd be really embarrassed by the obsession of my people with the Yorubas.

This obsessive need for validation is getting out of hand.

Can some tell this Mr penguin that Nnamdi Azikiwe shot himself and his people in the foot by forming an alliance with the Fulanis in the North, betraying the entire Southern region?

Una no dey shame, penguin2?
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

Really?

I guess it won't be a joke when Igbos choose to vote who they want in 2023.

Rubbish.

Haven't you always voted who you wanted to vote for in the east, or did they force you to continue to put all your eggs in PDP basket?

How have you lots fared with your so-called votes?

PDP that you've served for donkey years like a slave can't even deem it fit to make you their presidential flag bearer cos they know you are bad market.

All the politicians your people supported have become political nonentities.

Saraki, Dino Melaye, Jonathan Goodluck, Peter Fayose, Atiku, the governorship candidate of Lagos state that you keep supporting jeeps losing spectacularly, even the ruling party PDP which you supported wholeheartedly was destroyed eventually.

You don't know the fvck you're talking about, son.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 10:26am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:
Lol.

At this point, if I was Igbo, I'd be really embarrassed by the obsession of my people with the Yorubas.

This obsessive need for validation is getting out of hand.

Can some tell this Mr penguin that Nnamdi Azikiwe shot himself and his people in the foot by forming an alliance with the Fulanis in the North, betraying the entire Southern region?

Una no dey shame, penguin2?

What do you do to someone who betrays you?

Still trust him?
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 10:26am On Apr 03, 2021
bakynes:

Fool, Christainity and Islam are foreign religion brought to Africans. Islam came first some accepted it and when Christainity came some people equally accepted it. Infact Igbos are baby Christains compared to Yorubas, kiss my ass if you dont like it.

Lalasticlala
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:

Rubbish.

Haven't you always voted who you wanted to vote for in the east, or did they force you to continue to put all your eggs in PDP basket?

How have you lots fared with your so-called votes?

PDP that you've served for donkey years like a slave can't even deem it fit to make you their presidential flag bearer cos they know you are bad market.

All the politicians your people supported have become political nonentities.

Saraki, Dino Melaye, Jonathan Goodluck, Peter Fayose, Atiku, the governorship candidate of Lagos state that you keep supporting jeeps losing spectacularly, even the ruling party PDP which you supported wholeheartedly was destroyed eventually.

You don't know the fvck you're talking about, son.

We supported Obaseki, son!

Where's he today?
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

What do you do to someone who betrays you?

Still trust him?

Lol.

Who betrayed you and how did they betray you?

I'm curious.
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

We supported Obaseki, son!

Where's he today?

Who is the "we"?

Lol.

Edo people didn't want another Tinubu stooge in their state and they decided to retain a non performing governor for yet another lacklustre tenure.

How's that your doing?
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 10:31am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:

Lol.

Who betrayed you and how did they betray you?

I'm curious.

So alliance with the North is enough justification for Awolowo's treachery against Azikiwe?
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 10:33am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:

Who is the "we"?

Lol.

Edo people didn't want another Tinubu stooge in their state and they decided to retain a non performing governor for yet another lacklustre tenure.

How's that your doing?

Kwara people didn't want the continuation of the Saraki dynasty and chose to rather vote for a religious intolerant idiot who is preoccupied with enforcing hijab wearing in Christian schools.

How is that our doing?
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

So alliance with the North is enough justification for Awolowo's treachery against Azikiwe?

Treachery?

What treachery?

Awo played politics to make sure that someone from the Eastern region won't come and be ruling the Western region and you call that treachery?

Hahaha...who are you people sef?

Azikiwe, inviting Awolowo to come for talks on how they can form a unity government, meanwhile heading to the North to sell the entire Southern region to the Fulanis isn't treachery abi?

Funny guy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 10:35am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:

Treachery?

What treachery?

Awo played politics to make sure that someone from the Eastern region won't come and be ruling the Western region and you call that treachery?

Hahaha...who are you people sef?

Azikiwe, inviting Awolowo to come for talks on how they can form a unity government, meanwhile heading to the North to sell the entire Southern region to the Fulanis isn't treachery abi?

Funny guy. cheesy

So by your assessment, Awo was justified?
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Olatomiwami(m): 10:37am On Apr 03, 2021
owobokiri:

A prolific one at that..
If he's not shouting "Awon Okoros", he's asking "is Evans a herdsman"?
His wife was caught lamenting that the Igbos hate them..
Fashola his boy was caught lamenting that "some people fought and won the war and so those who won the war can't be by the side, while those who lost the war are enjoying"..
His heavy tax burden on igbo traders in Lagos nko?
How many markets destroyed by his boy boy governors now?
Baba oloja in igbo dominated markets..
Now, they're trying to use the vice president to corner the Trade fair mkt so Tinubu willl add to the burden of the hapless traders there..
Noticed how he went after Orji Kalu and Rochas Okorocha, even though they helped him out politically in the East during buharis campaigns?
No politically aware easterner should drop a single vote for that thing..

Which votes? Like the less than 5% u dropped for Buhari, bring your first eleven to the APC primary, enough of this Lamentations of Jeremiah .
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

Kwara people didn't want the continuation of the Saraki dynasty and chose to rather vote for a religious intolerant idiot who is preoccupied with enforcing hijab wearing in Christian schools.

How is that our doing?

Good point.

Still it doesn't erase the fact that most of the politicians you support end up useless even if we accept the fact that you supported the Edo state governor.

That's like 100-1.

And I think this point is relevant given the topic of this thread you've opened.

So thinking that Awolowo didn't become Prime Minister because you didn't support him is myopic in my opinion.

We know how that went down.

We all are still suffering from what your man Nnamdi Azikiwe did.
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

So by your assessment, Awo was justified?

Justified?

Heck, the man was the best ever.

I can imagine what you descendants of Azikiwe would be saying today if Azikiwe had won that election.

An eastern region person who wanted to rule over the Western region. Something you lots will never ever agree to happen in the eastern region.

You've always rubbed our liberalism in our face in the West, that's why you still have the temerity to wonder why Westerners didn't want an easterner to come and rule over them.

The reason for a regional government was primarily for self rule and not for some egotistical bigot to take over power outside his region.

Of course, the aim of Azikiwe was to have his people dominate every aspect of the Nigerian polity, which he himself confessed to.

No wonder he was seriously pained when he was roundly defeated in a very smart political move by Awolowo.

Till today, Zik's offsprings from the east are still hating on Awo and his offsprings from the west.

You guys even said that Awo brought tribalism to Nigerian politics long after Azikiwe had said that the Igbos were destined by God to dominate Nigerians and Africa as a whole.

And when that domination wasn't happening, you decided to secede.

You really should pay me for this free history lessons bro. For real. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 10:48am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:

Good point.

Still it doesn't erase the fact that most of the politicians you support end up useless even if we accept the fact that you supported the Edo state governor.

That's like 100-1.

And I think this point is relevant given the topic of this thread you've opened.

So thinking that Awolowo didn't become Prime Minister because you didn't support him is myopic in my opinion.

We know how that went down.

We all are still suffering from what your man Nnamdi Azikiwe did.

How did you expect Azikiwe to sanction that both the Prime Minister and the President should come from the south?

Igbos are people of justice and fairness.

We don't do like that.
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

How did you expect Azikiwe to sanction that both the Prime Minister and the President should come from the south?

Igbos are people of justice and fairness.

We don't do like that.

Wait, hold my beer for a minute while I... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:

Justified?

Heck, the man was the best ever.

I can imagine what you descendants of Azikiwe would be saying today if Azikiwe had won that election.

An eastern region person who wanted to rule over the Western region. Something you lots will never ever agree to happen in the eastern region.

You've always rubbed our liberalism in our face in the West, that's why you still have the temerity to wonder why Westerners didn't want an easterner to come and rule over them.

The reason for a regional government was primarily for self rule and not for some egotistical bigot to take over power outside his region.

Of course, the aim of Azikiwe was to have his people dominate every aspect of the Nigerian polity, which he himself confessed to.

No wonder he was seriously pained when he was roundly defeated in a very smart political move by Awolowo.

Till today, Zik's offsprings from the east are still hating on Awo and his offsprings from the west.

You guys even said that Awo brought tribalism to Nigerian politics long after Azikiwe had said that the Igbos were destined by God to dominate Nigerians and Africa as a whole.

And when that domination wasn't happening, you decided to secede.

You really should pay me for this free history lessons bro. For real. cheesy

You must think you are telling me what I don't know.

I'm a Historian for your information. With the history of ancient kingdoms of Nigeria and Africa at my finger tips.

So also the States of Africa and Nigeria specifically.

So don't feel fly.

What I need you to understand is that while you extol Awolowo's treachery, I need you to remember that he gained nothing from it and died a shameful death by consuming insecticide.

And so will all who toe his line.
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

You must think you are telling me what I don't know.

I'm a Historian for your information. With the history of ancient kingdoms of Nigeria and Africa at my finger tips.

So also the States of Africa and Nigeria specifically.

So don't feel fly.

What I need you to understand is that while you extol Awolowo's treachery, I need you to remember that he gained nothing from it and died a shameful death by consuming insecticide.

And so will all who toe his line.

Historian, lori iro. cheesy

Wait, lemme guess, it was you that sold the insecticide to him abi?

Hehehehe...

I'll bet your history class consisted of palmwine stall, gourds of palmwine and plates of peppersoup.

You lots won't stop being funny and ridiculous.

The revered man was 78 years old when he died. He had a thriving newspaper business, which is still very much around, had his people's undying gratitude and love, was surrounded by his children and grandchildren, had a loving wife and wonderful family, left behind a grand legacy, his daughter is the wife of the vice president of Nigeria, even your lord, Ojukwu said of him "Awo is the best president Nigeria never had",... But Mr Penguin2 is insisting he sold him an insecticide.

Is it a common occurrence for successful elderly men in Igboland to commit suicide, cos of your insistence on this narrative?

Just pray that you live as old as the great sage.

The only question is, even if you get to that age, what will your achievements be asides from hating and spreading rumours about the Yorubas?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Penguin2: 11:19am On Apr 03, 2021
FrLukas:

Historian, lori iro. cheesy

Wait, lemme guess, it was you that sold the insecticide to him abi?

Hehehehe...

I'll bet your history class consisted of palmwine stall, gourds of palmwine and plates of peppersoup.

You lots won't stop being funny and ridiculous.

The revered man was 78 years old when he died. He had a thriving newspaper business, which is still very much around, had his people's undying gratitude and love, was surrounded by his children and grandchildren, had a loving wife and wonderful family, left behind a grand legacy, his daughter is the wife of the vice president of Nigeria, even your lord, Ojukwu said of him "Awo is the best president Nigeria never had",... But Mr Penguin2 is insisting he sold him an insecticide.

Is it a common occurrence for successful elderly men in Igboland to commit suicide, cos of your insistence on this narrative?

Just pray that you live as old as the great sage.

The only question is, even if you get to that age, what will your achievements be asides from hating and spreading rumours about the Yorubas?
He had all that but fell short of one dream he so much courted; to be Nigeria's president.

So he died a sad and unfulfilled man.

Even Vice-President sef, him no see.

While Zik rose from being the first indigenous Governor-General of Nigeria to being the first President when Nigeria became a republic. An achievement that your Awo never came a hundred miles close to having.

Pathetic, isn't it?
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

He had all that but fell short of one dream he so much courted; to be Nigeria's president.

So he died a sad and unfulfilled man.

Even Vice-President sef, him no see.

While Zik rose from being the first indigenous Governor-General of Nigeria to being the first President when Nigeria became a republic. An achievement that your Awo never came a hundred miles close to having.

Pathetic, isn't it?

Don't think I don't know what you're trying to do.

Trying to keep up this useless argument so that the pages of you thread can grow.

You don miss road. This is my last response to you.

Azikiwe, the errand boy of Tafawa Balewa.

Died and left no legacy. We don't even know if he had children or not.

Even his people still hate him for promoting one Nigeria.

Sold off the Southern part of Nigeria to the Fulanis just so he can become a ceremonial president.

Till today, all politicians in Yorubaland compare their achievements to see if they come close to Awo.

He is the standard of good leadership in Africa.

Go and rest abeg. If you like scream and shout, I won't be helping you swell this silly thread any longer.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by hollah123: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

Our hosts feel threatened by our achievements.

But point of correction, we at not having issues with every tribe. We have issues with individual Igbo haters in whichever tribe.

We like Fayose.
We like Zulum.
We like Fashola because we admire his capacity.
We like Sanusi for his ability to speak truth to power.

We only hate bigots.
if Americans can stay in a country n his host don't feel threatened about his achievements,who are u?

the last time I checked d only job u do is crime basically

baby factory,drugs, kidnappings n co.

your line of defence is too weak,so Indians also feel threatened abi?
how can people feel threatened of a criminals achievement,it's like majority of u are suffering from grandeur of delusion
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by lionshare: 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
Penguin2:

Buhari ran for the presidency twice in 2003 and 2007 with an Igbo running mate.

Please can you remind me again who Igbos voted for in those two occasions?

Interests!
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Prosperchuks1344(m): 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
bakynes:

don't have time for jobless yoruba tout like you... Go fck ya self if you don't like my post..
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by theTranslator: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

If care is not taken Muslim Yoruba's might be more than the christian Yoruba's... The most confused tribe in Nigeria when it comes to religion...

You are not smart.
How many Igbo's are in those churches??

You guys like bringing up stupid things that make your ego swell

And the SW having the most diverse religious stand shows that it is stable
Muslims,Christians, atheists,Buddhists all live here in harmony
No one is maltreated

Can't say the same for Igbo Muslims or northern Christians

1 Like

Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Nobody: 11:53am On May 30, 2021
Mariory:

Ok so Yorubas cried of marginalization within GEJ's administration. So where is the Igbo hatred? You still haven't answered that question?

01000111010011110100010000100000010100110100000101010110010001010010000001001101010110010010000001010011010011110101010101001100
#ARTHSOS; #PLANETSOS {
#GEOENGINEERING
#WEATHERMODIFICATION
#GMO
#BIOTECH
#BIOHAZARD
#THEELECTROSHAMAN; #SDM; #GENESIS
} @RoyalMarines !!! #BOBTHEBUILDER; #RISKY; #042REPORT; #IPOB; #ÓDÚÁ; #MASSOB; #REDLIGHTDISTRICT; #AMBERALERT; #ANONYMOUS; #ENVIRONMENTALHEALTH !!! ENDIF {!!! #BOBRISKY !!!}

#MAGBONETIDO #LOTTO #KM48 #RCCG #MOWE #IBAFO #ACEPIXELS #NAIRAMARLEY #NOMANNERS #ITSAMADNESS #SIGMUNDFREUD #BATTABOX #TBT #GDFOLK " @Afam4Eva "
Re: 2023: No Yoruba Has ever succeeded Without Igbo Support. by Gbagura: 12:28pm On May 30, 2021
Prosperchuks1344:

Remove them as members? They don't amount to 10% in RCCG cos it's a Yoruba dominated church and the largest in the world. So what's your point?

You guys deliberately slam too much importance on yourselves to massage your ego which doesn't make sense. Thinking igbos are that important in southwest is just childish.

You've been threatening us with your purported exit from our land for decades long which is yet to happen and we know it's mere mouthing to keep you in southwest.

We're begging you to leave just for a year and see who loses.

Please, leave!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho's House Under Attack By Nigerian Army But Were Repelled / President Buhari Commissions Zulum’s Longest Flyover In North-east / "To Pee Or Not To Pee?" - Daily Trust, Northerners Mock Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.