Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness (23187 Views)

Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? / Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? / What Weakness Do You Plan Overcoming In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
fear quiet people... they are unpredictable. they are vicious silent killer with a stone cold heart.

2 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by OgbanjeProphet: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2021
Quiet people are the strongest people on earth. It takes strengths and discipline to be quiet.

They can be dangerous too.

Respect them!

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by tweakdude1: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2021
I am the quiet type. I will tell you sincerely that it is not and never a weakness to be quiet.

Reasons:

1. Quiet people reason more
2. More friendly and jovial
3. Not harsh
4. Smile alot
5. Cool headed

PS: When they are angered, even you who thinks you are bold enough go know say you dey learn work.

5 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Prophet777: 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2021
Too much of quietness remains a sign of weakness in respect to Nigeria settings. What is obtainable in our society today gives no room for quietness or else you may publicly be duped, scammed, assaulted, maim or even be killed if you are not smart enough or know your way in a state like Lagos.
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2021
I be quiet babe ,will do everything for you,when you take it as weakness,I fit destroy that person, don't just ask me how!

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
Being quiet, in other hand, may be regarded as a strength which some people lack.

Whether you're loud or quiet, o si ma gba gun oga e naa ni angry

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by bigpicture001: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2021
dimeji248:
I don't think being quite is a sign of weakness, for instance I'm an introvert and I don't shit especially when thrown at me, some people might be quite and you dare not mess up with them.......
an empty barrel makes the loudest noise.

Be consoling ur self with proverb... Baba, Ss2 no I go beat ur wife for your presence....
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by bigpicture001: 4:44pm On Apr 08, 2021
dimeji248:
I don't think being quite is a sign of weakness, for instance I'm an introvert and I don't shit especially when thrown at me, some people might be quite and you dare not mess up with them.......
an empty barrel makes the loudest noise.

Be consoling ur self with proverb... Baba, Ss2 go beat ur wife for your presence....
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by seyigiggle: 4:45pm On Apr 08, 2021
whenever i am quiet, big trouble is about to be unleashed
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Benzemma(m): 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2021
IamYourNeighbor:
I just heard from someone that "being quiet is almost same thing as being weak." What a society we live in! Being loud is taken as being strong, and being quiet is taken as being weak !

What's your assertion to this ideology people?
some quite people are dangerous and unpredictable. The only thing they do is revenge and once they want to retaliate, if it's killing the person that comes their mind, they will do it without thinking twice.

2 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by dalass(f): 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2021
Kondomatic:
This is just like saying that introverts are shy people, it's not always true.

It's one thing to be quiet and another thing to be quiet and weak.

Allowing someone who stepped on your toes to walk away is strength sometimes

Exactly.... This is deep wink
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Yankee101: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2021
Strenght
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2021
Amarahly:

I'm a quiet person, I'd say it's weakness (IMO) cause I've had people step on my toes and walk away ...
i quickly check ur Dp, u can't be a quiet person.
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by omoharry(f): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2021
IamYourNeighbor:
I just heard from someone that "being quiet is almost same thing as being weak." What a society we live in! Being loud is taken as being strong, and being quiet is taken as being weak !

Nop.Its a sign of maturity .The person that said so has a dysfunctional upbringing

3 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Komu1048(m): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2021
Draught:

In Nigeria mostly "YES"

just sometime ago i was in a queue for something essential..as soon as I arrived, I noticed two elders come after me but were ushered to the front of the line.. angry

Now this queue was no beans! When it finally came to me being the next to be attended to, two people older than me came and stood by me neglecting those behind me.. The attendant begged me to please let him attend to them first, i said 1 yes but 2 no because this is now close to 45 mins waiting, i raised my voice while voicing my displeasure on why is it so hard for organization to reign in this part of the world.. Some female attendants now started saying "Oga you no respect your elders"? Even some ppl behind me said young man calm down... I mean what could i do, the ppl that actually supported my tirade didnt talk but just told me calmly "pls dont vex soon it will be your turn".. angry

Alas it was now my turn.. But a lady came and was given higher priority than me because of she was a staff or connected somewhat.. I was seething..

Now the attendant now said to me pls can ypu allow this old Mama (another person) , i said NO!!!

ppl were just looking at me like look at this disrespectful person.. I didn't give 2 fxuks..

As it would be.. The female attendant that told me that i dont have respect previously now told the attendant that after me and the mama, the man should close up shop!!!

Lol can you imagine.. The ppl at the back now started groaning but the madam said sorry that its already late that they should come very early tomorrow morning to resume..

So you see my brother if I had not been a lil bit aggressive for my rights i would have been told to come back the next day after waiting about more than hour to get attended to..

So you see my brother, if you're right, stand up for your right, if you like keep quiet there, nobody will bat an eye at you.. Patience is not a virtue that most Nigerians have..

The only people I can be quiet for are the paying client. They will even insult me but many of them don't even price my service. But we meet randomly, Romo na fire for fire ooo. I don't cheat people and hate to be cheated

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Godsein(m): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2021
LeopardX:
Yes! It is a sign of weakness in NIGERIA.
Body language does not really work in Nigeria most of the time.
You need to open your mouth and tell whoever is disturbing your peace to fùck off.
When you do that once, they will not disturb you again, hence saving you a life of stress and disturbance.
Speaking from experience.
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SHOUT!!!

Modified: Dale Carnegie said in his book How to make friends and Influence people, that the loudest person in the room is the leader. He thus has the most influence.
Never make another person the loudest and most assertive individual in your life. PLEASE.
It's working for me well well.
There is also a contradictory saying that goes "The loudest person in the room,is the weakest person in the room".

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Amarahly(f): 4:56pm On Apr 08, 2021
Volkswagen90:
i quickly check ur Dp, u can't be a quiet person.

grin grin
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Mryacks: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2021
IamYourNeighbor:

Not all....
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Guide777(m): 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2021
It can be both strength and weakness. The bottomline is knowing when to play your card, when to win or lose and when to leave the table with your loot intact.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by HustlePro: 5:06pm On Apr 08, 2021
IamYourNeighbor:

I am a quiet person and I can tell you for fact that between quiet and loud person who should you be afraid of and I will tell you the quiet one.

I for instance can very very vindictive but quiet. I can use 4 years to carry out my plan on someone when I mean them. I will never be the one to hurt you first when you have never done anything wrong to me but if you punch me when I hadn't done anything to you, be ready for retaliation... guaranteed!

A guy I met here is taking my quietness for granted and because he is far away in Lekki-Ajah and has moved out of the house I know, he thinks I can't get him. He knows me as a very gentle and always smiling person. So, he feels I can't do anything.

Until the day I will meet him and bite his flesh off in full glare of public that is when he know I am behind that smile, there is cold soul. He thinks he is heartless? he will learn!
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by naija1stnigar(m): 5:07pm On Apr 08, 2021
The truth is arrogant people always see quiet people as prey to exploit in some situations but being quiet should not mean weakness, once in a while you need to show prompt resistance to those who try to take advantage of your calm nature so that they will understand that your quietness does not mean weakness if not one will suffer a lot and still have himself to be blamed at the end.

3 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by naija1stnigar(m): 5:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
The truth is that arrogant people always see quiet people as prey to exploit in some situations but being quiet should not mean weakness, sometimes you need to show prompt resistance to those who try to take advantage of your calmness so they will know that your quietness does not mean weakness if not one will suffer a lot and still have himself to blame at the end.

2 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by generationz(f): 5:11pm On Apr 08, 2021
Amarahly:

I'm a quiet person, I'd say it's weakness (IMO) cause I've had people step on my toes and walk away ...

Being quiet and being a pushover are two different things.

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2021
Quiet people na dem WICKED pass grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by adaperry25: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2021
It depends tho..mine is a peculiar story..im a quiet person and an introvert..when I joined a firm..my former boss saw in me the qualities I possesed and rated me high above the other staff who had stayed longer.im always focused and deliver good outputs.is don't have time for company gossips and politics.it brought toxicity and so much envy in the working environment.. they'll bring up different allegations against me but my boss could see through it that they were false even without asking me.
Long story short..my boss resigned and the next person took over..it was like hell was let loose on me as all the grievances they've had in their hearts..they poured it on me and talked the CEO into transferring me.. because I'm not a vocal person, I was transferred but I believe time would tell and the truth unearthed.

5 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by tnerro1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2021
Do you know the bad and wicked bosses in the underworld are usually quiet people? Just like not every loud person is strong, so not every quiet person is weak. Be careful who you mess with, it’s for your own good.

One thing I know is quiet people don’t forgive easily, they can habour that hate for years just waiting for the opportunity to get back at you. They love revenge so much, that’s why they are the hit men in most cult groups.

5 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by vioment: 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2021
Sometimes it is.
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:31pm On Apr 08, 2021
Most are too loud to listen to the still sound of quietness..
Lagosians readily comes to mind..
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by kolade560: 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2021
very rubbish ideology
Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by LagBlogger(m): 5:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
I'm generally uncomfortable around people who are painfully quiet.

They suck up too many things because they find it difficult to communicate their feelings.

They let people get away with things that shouldn't be tolerated.

They think they're keeping the peace by not expressing their own preferences.

But they simply end up feeling invalidated... the anger they constantly fail to express often wells up inside of them.

You don't know when a quiet person resents you.
You don't know when you're offending a quiet person.

Not healthy at all.

This is a faulty assumption.

You don't also know when some talkative shrewd people resent you.

Moreover being quiet is a personality trait not a character trait.

Mind you some quiet people are very strict and vicious. Just pray not to offend the wrong one.

Some quiet people are also angelic too.

3 Likes

Re: Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness by Omoluabiii(m): 5:39pm On Apr 08, 2021
Yes. Being quiet is being weak. Quiet is the peak of being strong.... At the top of being strong, you become quiet... Quiet people re weak, but be careful here, this type of weakness is wickeness in high places....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Leaves BRT Passengers In Lagos Stranded (PHOTOS) / Christmas Tree: Ben Murray-Bruce Claps Back At A Twitter User / 7 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Happy People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.