Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,458 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:44 PM

PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? (3031 Views)

Why Would God Kill His Only Son Instead Of Killing Satan? / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
DappaD:

Everyone’s needs are different that’s why I normally do quote the Bible for you since you’re familiar with it. If I was to be discussing with someone from a totally nonreligious background, the approach would be different.

Don’t you think you might be contradicting your earlier statement with this one? How do I convince you that God never created any “Satan” to begin terrorizing humans if I do not use the Bible as my tool?
You can convince me by assuming that the Bible is not an authority in all frame of reference, it’s only an authority to those who chose to believe it without questioning it.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
khiaa:

The question is, Why did Yah sacrifice his son to save the world instead of killing Satan with the wave of his hand? This isn't about a sacrifice but an extermination of an evil Deity. Why would Yah send Satan to the pits of Hell instead of destroying him? I have always questioned this as well. Food for thought.

And I have answered it!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Myer(m): 2:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
sonmvayina:

İ guess you are wrong.... Jesus is a roman creation.

My intention was not to be right.
It's simply to point him to the fact that the Bible never called Satan or any angel a child of God except Christ. Hebrews 5.5
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
khiaa:
Do you guys truly believe in the Resurrection?

Yep! This is Proven by the Feeling of spirits and "ghosts"! As a short answer!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 2:56pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
but i taught the sacrifice was for everybody undecided especially sinners. Even Jesus said he came to reedem the sinners na and not the righteous

grin grin Oh! So you thought because He has died for sinners, therefore you can keep on with your sins and love for Evil and sins!

Sorry, No!

He died for all sinners who recognize they are sinners and turn from their sins in Love and Appreciation for He who Loved them and Died for them!

And what is the proof of this Love?

Keep His Commandments!

If you do not do so but Love Evil like your father Satan, then it is only right that what befalls Satan befalls his Lovers!

Just as what befalls Christ, befalls us!

Just-is and Right and Balance for all!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by XXXXTENTACION: 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

grin grin Oh! So you thought because He has died for sinners, therefore you can keep on with your sins and love for Evil and sins!

Sorry, No!

He died for all sinners who recognize they are sinners and turn from their sins in Love and Appreciation for He who Loved them and Died for them!

And what is the proof of this Love?

Keep His Commandments!

If you do not do so but Love Evil like your father Satan, then it is only right that what befalls Satan befalls his Lovers!

Just as what befalls Christ, befalls us!

Just-is and Right and Balance for all!
with this statement you are implying that they is a condition of you to gain salvation and if those conditions are not met you lose the salvation. undecided Indirectly this means salvation has a price. undecided
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by yanabasee1(m): 3:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
DappaD:

Note that I’m not saying you should keep quiet because everyone has his or her own freedom of speech. I mean that if you know that you do not know the answers, why make unnecessary assumptions like you made in your post to cause further confusion?

Believe me if I want to counter your comment, you wouldn’t even stand but you’re not my focus for now. The OP is.

You sound unintelligent....

I said if you ask me a question....My answer will be....

That isn't any assumption...It is a statement of clarification to back my previous point....

You don't read in stanzas..You also don't make arguments from a line...

I am done with you!!

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 3:02pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Tell me more about his divine plans grin

How he created the cause of your problems.

How he never gave you rest because he created Satan grin

grin grin As I said it is you and your fellow Satans who are screaming and yelling about torment your father has lashed you with! grin grin

We, we are fine and safe from torment exactly as He did in Egypt where the Israelites were in peace and safe from destruction while the Egyptians were screaming and dying as you all are screaming now!

So go on screaming, it is your party after all so dance to the music! grin
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2021
Myer:

My intention was not to be right.
It's simply to point him to the fact that the Bible never called Satan or any angel a child of God except Christ. Hebrews 5.5

İ guess the old testament God is different from the new testament God...or somebody is lying...
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Jesus was sacrificed for us yet we still go to hell. undecided

The Law of Sin Sacrifice for which Christ was the Unblemished Lamb is ONLY UNDERTAKEN AND TAKEN BY THOSE WHO RECOGNISE THAT THEY HAVE OFFENDED GOD AND THEY WISH TO BE FORGIVEN FOR THEIR OFFENCES, So that He Shall Not be Angry With Them because of the offences done against Him and Others who have Reported them to Him!

"Their cry has come up to me"!0
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by DappaD: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
You can convince me by assuming that the Bible is not an authority in all frame of reference, it’s only an authority to those who chose to believe it without questioning it.

This is one of the issues with most atheists and agnostics. It is claimed amongst your kind that the Bible is not necessarily a “fact” but a product of human opinions. Meanwhile, there are a number of your mentors in suits and labcoats who make postulates day in, day out. Why don’t we just pass them off as product of human opinions?—because these stuff actually work on a scientific scale and produce the required outcome so they are documented as “fact”. But when it comes to the Bible, the atheists become double-standard and pass it completely off as “fables” and not when in fact it actually does have positive effects on a great number of people who are using it wisely.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
DappaD:

This is one of the issues with most atheists and agnostics. It is claimed amongst your kind that the Bible is not necessarily a “fact” but a product of human opinions. Meanwhile, there are a number of your mentors in suits and labcoats who make postulates day in, day out—these stuff actually work on a scientific scale and produce the required outcome so they are documented as “fact”. But when it comes to the Bible, the atheists become double-standard and pass it completely off as “fables” and not when in fact it actually does have positive effects on a great number of people who are using it wisely.
have I tried to convince you by quoting any scientific book?

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by GeneralDae: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2021
yanabasee1:
You don't sacrifice impure offerings to God ...

You can only sacrifice pure offerings to God....
So does that mean Jesus was a human sacrificial offering to God? Are you saying God does human sacrifice? Where did Jesus in the gospels tell you he came to become a human sacrifice to God?

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

So screams a Satan Lover! grin grin grin

No need to waste your breath on him, he is of Unsound Mind!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
with this statement you are implying that they is a condition of you to gain salvation and if those conditions are not met you lose the salvation. undecided Indirectly this means salvation has a price. undecided

Was there not a price for Salvation from the beginning?

Death!

Which Christ has paid!

Therefore the question is who did He pay the price for?

I have answered it already!

He who Loves Life, Shall Love He that paid the price for Life and Shall thus Receive it!

Fair and Good!

They who Love Evil and Wickedness shall receive what they Love.

Fair and Good

Again Just-is, Balance and Fairness!

For that is the Law!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by peggywebbs(f): 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
When I read things like this..it baffles me to see how much people don't understand the bible. When you try to overanalyze things you end up causing confusion for yourself.

Speaking of sacrifice. God did not kill anyone, he did not kill his son. He sacrificed him meaning that he knew that if he sent him to the world to do all that he was to do (preach the gospel, heal the sick, show the people the way to God), he would be killed.

He knew that men would kill him and that was what happened. He allowed his son Jesus come despite the fact that he knew he would be killed. Matt 17:12. Just like they had John the Baptist killed.

It is the same thing today. When someone says the truth or comes out to challenge the people in power for doing wrong. They get killed and it has always been that way.

Christ paid the price by coming to earth and revealing the truth. The Pharisees in those days lied to the people and extorted them. We have the truth with us and through the sacrifice of our saviour Jesus Christ, we know that we are saved because we now have communion with him and a direct relationship with God.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No need to waste your breath on him, he is of Unsound Mind!

Thank you. I am very well aware of that hence why I told him earlier that I do not speak his language!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by DappaD: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
have I tried to convince you by quoting any scientific book?

You’re not even ready when it comes to one-on-one logical discussions so take a break and listen to the other guy who’s currently embarrassing himself on this thread. At least those are the kind of people you like listening to—not those who bring straight and hard-on facts—because you really do want to get that inward feeling and self-validation that “religious people are dummies”.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
DappaD:

Sorry but permit me to ask a very sensitive question, but do you have the Alzheimer’s disorder?

Haven't you seen his posts? He appears normal though in truth, he is normal but he is Clearly a Satanist and A Hater of God as Prophecies that we must meet and see in the last days!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by sonmvayina(m): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Law of Sin Sacrifice for which Christ was the Unblemished Lamb is ONLY UNDERTAKEN AND TAKEN BY THOSE WHO RECOGNISE THAT THEY HAVE OFFENDED GOD AND THEY WISH TO BE FORGIVEN FOR THEIR OFFENCES, So that He Shall Not be Angry With Them because of the offences done against Him and Others who have Reported them to Him!

Define unblemish?

� #Top_6_Reasons_Jesus_or_Yahusha_Could_NOT_Have_Died_for_Your_Sins�:

1. A SIN offering had to be a FEMALE goat or sheep. (Lev. 4:32) Jesus/Yahusha was a male human being.
2. A SIN offering could NOT be injured or have ANY wounds or sores on its body. (Lev. 22:22) Jesus had multiple, bloody wounds on his body prior to his death.
3. A SIN offering could NOT have ANY injuries or defects on Its body. (Lev. 22.25) Jesus/Yahusha was brutally beaten, whipped, & pierced prior to his death.
4. A SIN offering had to be taken to the PRIEST & sacrificed on the ALTAR In the TEMPLE. To offer a sacrifice ANYWHERE ELSE was a SIN & would make the sacrifice UNACCEPTABLE to God. (Deut. 12:13-14) Jesus/Yahusha died on a wooden stake on a hill.
5. The Bible tells us that HUMAN SACRIFICE of any kind is an ABOMINATION to God. (Deut. 12:31 & 18:10, Ezek. 16:20)
6. The Bible tells us NO man can DIE in place of, or be a RANSOM for another. (Psalm 49:7-cool
7. The Bible tells us that every man is accountable for his OWN sin & that a father CANNOT take responsibility for the sins of his children. (Ezek. 18:20)
There are two things on the top of the list of יהוה that really chap His hide when His children rebel against them...
1. Idolatry, serving other gods that you have not known ~ Exodus 20:3-7 & Leviticus 19:4
2. Violating His Sabbath's ~ Exodus 20:8-11 & Leviticus 23
If you want to learn how to keep the 10 Commandments perfectly and lead a holy & healthy life amongst יהוה and your neighbor read Leviticus chapter 11 through 23 days and night so that you guard to do according to all that is written in His Torah. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and act wisely. ~ Yoshua 1:7-9.
Selah
#NoNeedForJesus
#NoNeedForYeshua
#NoNeedForYahsua
#NoNeedForYahusha
#NONeedForYahawashi

~ Original post of Ishyah Mog Rambo

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

With this you have solidly implied that if people don't accept jesus then his sacrifice becomes a waste. undecided
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

Was there not a price for Salvation from the beginning?

Death!

Which Christ has paid!

Therefore the question is who did He pay the price for?

I have answered it already!

He who Loves Life, Shall Love He that paid the price for Life and Shall thus Receive it!

Fair and Good!

They who Love Evil and Wickedness shall receive what they Love.

Fair and Good

Again Just-is, Balance and Fairness!

For that is the Law!
But i taught salvation is free for everybody na

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by GeneralDae: 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2021
peggywebbs:
When I read things like this..it baffles me to see how much people don't understand the bible. When you try to overanalyze things you end up causing confusion for yourself.

Speaking of sacrifice. God did not kill anyone, he did not kill his son. He sacrificed him meaning that he knew that if he sent him to the world to do all that he was to do (preach the gospel, heal the sick, show the people the way to God), he would be killed.

He knew that men would kill him and that was what happened. He allowed his son Jesus come despite the fact that he knew he would be killed. Matt 17:12. Just like they had John the Baptist killed.

It is the same thing today. When someone says the truth or comes out to challenge the people in power for doing wrong. They get killed and it has always been that way.

Christ paid the price by coming to earth and revealing the truth. The Pharisees in those days lied to the people and extorted them. We have the truth with us and through the sacrifice of our saviour Jesus Christ, we know that we are saved because we now have communion with him and a direct relationship with God.

You seem to be the only christian on this forum I have seen discuss the issue of sacrifice of christ ( out of those who discuss it) with clarity and biblical backing. Well done.
Many Christians give people the false impression that was a human sacrifice to God or that he came to this world simply to be a human sacrifice for our sin, this is so wrong.

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by truespeak: 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
But i taught salvation is free na

Did He not pay a price to "redeem" us as even you used the word "redeem" meaning we were bound and now He has "redeemed" us by paying the price as is clearly written!

Now do we have to pay to receive it? No, thus it is freely given!

But to whom?

This I have already answered!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
With this you have solidly implied that if people don't accept jesus then his sacrifice becomes a waste. undecided

Oh yes, I do expressly declare and state that it would have been a Nullity, if No One had Not Taken and Accepted This Gift from God, But I have and many other people before have also done so and many after me shall still do so, SO IT IS NOT WASTED!

However, it is wasted upon those who think that they are alright the way they are and whoever they have Offended can do whatever they well please against them, they do not care how Hot and Painful such things shall be upon them!
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:35pm On Apr 02, 2021
DappaD:

You’re not even ready when it comes to one-on-one logical discussions so take a break and listen to the other guy who’s currently embarrassing himself on this thread. At least those are the kind of people you like listening to—not those who bring straight and hard-on facts—because you really do want to get that inward feeling and self-validation that “religious people are dummies”.
Using simple logic
premise: if someone commits a crime or sin he/she gets punished for that sin.
argument: if satan commits a sin then logically satan is supposed to be punished for his sin but how come Jesus gets to be sacrificed
argument 2: if human beings commit evil logically humans are supposed to pay for the evil but how come Jesus gets to be the one to be sacrificed While humans who did the evil go to heaven undecided

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by Myer(m): 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
sonmvayina:

İ guess the old testament God is different from the new testament God...or somebody is lying...

Lol anyone who studies the Bible knows it's full of inconsistencies and contradictions.
But Christians don't want to believe there's any fault in their God's inspirational book.

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by FatherOfJesus: 3:45pm On Apr 02, 2021
DappaD:

what a way to make a hasty conclusion.

There’s no way God can be consistent with logic, you will end up making a big joke out of yourself.

1 Like

Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by EvilPOTATO(m): 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
You know since it was satan that lead the world into sin why not God just kill him immidiately and everything goes to normal.
you know logically God should have just sacrificed satan who is guilty rather than his son who is innocent.
The divine plan follows a sequence that it is meant to show the supremacy of the Creator above all things that was and will ever be.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by GeneralDae: 3:48pm On Apr 02, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Using simple logic
premise: if someone commits a crime or sin he/she gets punished for that sin.
argument: if satan commits a sin then logically satan is supposed to be punished for his sin but how come Jesus gets to be sacrificed
argument 2: if human beings commit evil logically humans are supposed to pay for the evil but how come Jesus gets to be the one to be sacrificed While humans who did the evil go to heaven undecided
I understand your premise, but if I may, let me state my view on the matter.
Christ death is because of our sins not necessarily for our sins.
Christ was born in Isreal amongst Gods' people, and he came to show the wonderful works of God and to bring peace to the world from Israel as the Messiah, but Israel ( who were supposed to be shining examples to the world) had also like sheep gone astray, they were not the powerful nation in the land of milk and honey ( the kingdom of God) rather they were in bondage and oppression, carrying a cross.
God gave us Jesus but he also was born into this world of oppression due to sin, and though he was the son of God, he was also punished like his people with oppression, suffering, and death.

The importance of this is to show that God sees the suffering of his people just like in Egypt when Moses delivered them and the story goes to say that God brought this Jesus to life again and he was seen by his disciples, so also God would raise again all who are hungry and thirsty for righteousness/freedom and who die for it.

Mark 8:34, KJV: "And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

[b]
Oh yes, ressly declare and state that it would haveThis Gift from God, But I have and many
However, it is wasted upon those who think that they are alrighd whoever they have Offended can do whatever they well please against them, they do not care how Hot and Painful such things shall be upon them!
With this in mind and when compared to the general population you will come to realise that only few people have accepted jesus and even those who claim to have accepted jesus don't live according to his will. So you know they are about 2,500 religions worldwide christianity is only one among them. With these you will have realised that billions of people don't practice christianity and with these about billions of people will go to hell. Puting this into consideration the idea of jesus dying to save the world becomes a massive failure! undecided
Why because majority of the world population whom jesus died for are have already been condemed to hell fire.
Re: PARADOX: Why Did God Sacrifice His Son Instead Of Just Killing Satan ? by XXXXTENTACION: 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
truespeak:

Did He not pay a price to "redeem" us as even you used the word "redeem" meaning we were bound and now He has "redeemed" us by paying the price as is clearly written!

Now do we have to pay to receive it? No, thus it is freely given!

But to whom?

This I have already answered!
If the price has already been paid by Jesus why not just live life the way you want after all jesus has already paid the price na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Churches Are Very Useless / Niv Exposed!!!! / Why I Hate Atheism With Passion Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.