Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,862 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Humdrum - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Humdrum (3765 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Humdrum by Oluwatimi2000(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2021
wow this is amazing .... waiting patiently

nice update !![i]wow this is amazing .... waiting patiently

nice update !![/i]wow this is amazing .... waiting patiently

nice update !!

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by Finnestgreat: 11:11am On Apr 19, 2021
Hmm finally samantha and jake have done the deed,nice update op

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by fashionnisir(f): 8:19am On Apr 20, 2021
following.

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by oluspicy: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2021
Chapter 15 (FINALE)
“Good Morning boyfriend” Samantha says sitting on him and kissing him awake.

He isn’t opening his eyes.

“Wakey wakey sleepy head, rise and shine boyfriend of mine” she pulls his cheek.

He still didn’t open his eyes.

“Hmmm’’ tapping her lips she stares around and sights the glass of water on the table, she was going to sprinkle just a little on his face… it was 10am... he should get up. She looks away and reaches for the glass of water and when she turns back to sprinkle some on his face... with a smile on her face she gets.

“BOOOO!!!’’ his eyes shoots open and he sits up abruptly, grabbing her behind with his arms so she doesn’t fall off as she screams rolling back, the water splashes on her face instead.

He bellows out in laughter.

She smiles wiping the water from her face shaking her head “Oh, now you gonna get it” she empties the entire contents on his head,
laughing she jumps and sprints to the corner of the room doing the chicken dance “Na na na na
nah whack whack qwack whack!!’’

His face dripping wet, he gets up from the bed… wiping it away with his hands.

“So, you want to play water huh?’’ walking towards her, she looks at either side of her… the exit door was her only escape.

“Bass… hey baby..relax boy I was erm… just playing.”

“Oh I know…” he is close now “me too.’’

She runs to the door, “Crap!!’’ she forgot that she needed a key card to open it, she turns and faces him , laughing...

"Boo?’’

“Hmm?’’

He is walking to her now, a mischievous glint in his eyes... "No way to run to princess, so what
would it be?" his hand are behind him.

“What are you hiding?”

‘You haven’t answered me.”

“Hey… what is behind your back?’’ she is curious. Silence… smile tucking at the corner of his mouth.

She tries to seduce him “Hey Bass, you know I am officially your girlfriend for… like almost 24hours now so that means” she is walking up to him now, running her hands up his body.

“That.."

“That?”

“You can’t pay me back for anything I do to you… you love me remember… so it means that you forgive me for the water bath, right babe?” she goes on tiptoe… kissing him, he kisses her back.

“Hmmm very true, you are 100 percent correct babe… but there is one little thing though.”

“What is that?” her hands are around his neck and he hugs her tight with the other hand.

“I love paybacks” he says winking at her, his grip is tighter.

“Wait what… Bass… what??’’

He raises up his other hand, she looks up to see a bottle of cold water… how the hell did he reach the fridge and get it out… it was slushy cold…

“With my love, I thee baptize!”

She made to run but he grabs her tighter and pours the contents over her head, her struggle only courses it to flow over her body, wetting him too.

“ARGHHHHHH BASSSS OH GOD ITS COLD, ARRHHHHHH!!!!’’ she screams and he is laughing.

Done, his body is erupted in laughter.

“Oh it’s so cold” she repeats shaking.

“I know, next time, don’t start a fight you can’t finish. Don’t worry babe, ama warm you right up” he bends lifting her and throwing her over his shoulders, he slaps her butt as she squeals and carries her to the bathroom, he turns on the
heater, puts on the shower and slowly puts her down.

“Still cold?"

She nods “Your fault…”

He laughs “Yeah, I won” he removes her nighty over her head… and kisses her nose “you’ll get
warm in a second, my princess would be all warm and hot in a minute… well you are already hot right now though but… sexy hot in a minute” he winks.

She laughs hugging her side as he nudges her gently under the shower and enters beside her,
stripping from his brief.

She closes her eyes as the warm water courses through her body, pouring from her head… he grabs the sponge and begins to scrub her body from her back to her front, he allows the latter caress her body as it solely treks down to the floor and disappears into the sink as water dissolves the foam.

While they bath, he replaces his hands with his lips, and before long, his need and desire is evident as she leans backwards into him... he drops the sponge, lifts her off the ground and places her to the wall of the bathroom, he makes contact with her lips and their body sink in rhyme towards each other… and they danced, slowly, passionately, as his hands held her
tighter than before, and her lips moaning out his name in sensual plea… they shatter together, enjoying the bliss only two of them can give.

“Ready?” he asks her.

“Yep, but I really didn’t want the weekend to end.”

“Me neither, but work… life… everything else…”

“I know’’

She is quiet while they go to the airport.

“Is something wrong?”

She is worried, the weekend was wonderful, more than wonderful, it was great. But she couldn’t stop herself from having that feeling…
What if it isn’t real, what if it’s one of those moments that one gets to enjoy only for the now and when they get back home, back to their
live. He might realize that this wasn’t actually love, and that all he felt was lust, infatuation and he just had to be with her to realize it. Maybe, maybe she shouldn’t think she was living her fairytale dream of finding someone who really loves her. What if once they land, he goes back to being the the cold, pompous and annoying Bass all over again and all he was doing was pretense; pretending to change so he could have her.

Argh!!!

But everything felt so real, his bare raw emotions, the way he told her he loved her, the way he showed her intimately how he loved her… it felt so real and she didn’t know why she held back in telling him she feels strongly for
him too.

But what if...

She bites her lips.

“Samantha, no secrets remember, what’s wrong?’’ they were already seated, the plane was moving.

“What if, all this… what if all you feel is just a mirage and it all clears like smoke from your eyes…?”

“You think I don’t love you, and all I wanted was to have sex with you?"

“I… I...”

“Look Samantha, I have been with a lot of women and that is something I am not proud off at least not anymore and I know when it is lust or mere desire and… this isn’t it.’’

“What if the novelty of what you supposedly feel for me wears off, what if?”

He sighs turning to her “Stop, please babe, please don’t ruin this… I know you might have a lot of doubts and I swear this is the first for me. I know that I love this feeling and I want to keep loving it, I love you, maybe you feel doubt because you don’t love me too… which is fine, I told you I’ll wait, I ain’t going nowhere… now
that I found love, you think I would buckle and run? hell no!… I am stuck on you like glue, anywhere you go, I will follow you to the ends of the world so you have to prepare yourself… Bass loves Samantha, and she can’t do anything to shake him off. It’s your fault.”

“My fault?” she laughs.

“Yes, you made me fall for you so you better deal with it. Now give me a kiss, please and let us bask in this. Babe... I ain’t going nowhere not until you become old Lady Cat with bucket teeths maybe” he pulls her face into a kiss.

“Oh… that would be a sight.”

“Yes indeed, but I’ll love you still” he kisses her again, linking his hands with hers.. “I am all yours, do with me as you please” he winks.

“Who are you, return Mr. Arrogant Bass immediately!!”

“Hell no!! I think I love this Bass more…” he winks at her, she shakes her head laughing, feeling assured more than ever.

Jamie is at her door, she opens it for her.

“How did you get here so fast?”

“With what you told me… I borrowed wings from the gods and flew… what the hell… tell me tell me!… you guys went on a trip, saw the royals and you made sweet sweet love after he told you he was head over heels fallen in love with you and and… oh… please, buy me a coffin, kill me… I will die happy.” Jamie squeals running around the house.

Samantha is laughing “I should hit you for telling him about my birthday.”

“Meh!!! You should thank me… I am effing cupid bitches… you owe me your love life… I made you guys happen and if you are nice and giving me juicy details I wont go and tell Mr Bass you are a lousy fart when you eat baked beans and you like pressing the toothpaste from the middle, who does that?”

Samantha laughs laying on her bed “oh… love covers all faults. Go ahead, he loves me, he don’t care shit.”

Samantha covers her eyes and squeals in excitement “ I still can’t believe it… Mr. Bass is my Bass… like my man, my lover, my… sexy
amazing man that blew my brains away while sweeping me off my feet and he didn’t have to do it with being arrogant, but sweet and loving.and caring and all... oh Jamie… he says he loves me, he says it and I am so happy I can hardly get enough, I was scared that maybe he would be another Christopher and stuff but he tells me he loves me and all my fears goes away.’’

“And did you tell him back?’ Jamie is sitting beside her.

Silence

“Wait you didn’t tell him back? She pulls Samantha up, she shakes her head.

‘Why, you don’t love him? Do you love him?”

“I do... right now this moment I do…I love him so much."

‘Then why didn’t you tell him?”

“Because I wanted to be sure.’’

Jamie looks at her, she grabs a book and WHAMP!! On her head.

“Oww Jamie what the hell, that hurts!” she rubs her head and pouts.

“Because you need a brain reset. Dude goes all out for you, tells you how he feels and you obviously feel the same,why not seal it? When you going to tell him?”

“Hey, I was being mysterious and hardcore… I will tell him and no more hitting.”

“Only when you let me down. Oh… so you are officially his girlfriend, lover… everything?”

“Yes”

“I am jealous. Good jealous. Oh, so many broken hearts, I can’t wait to show off that I know you Samantha like, you know he is dating my best friend, Mr. Bass I mean... they’re dating, officially, exclusively so if I catch you all
flirting with him… ama ruin your ass with a bat... that’s my best friend’s man yo!” she says
dramatically.

Samantha laughs, she is happy, very happy.

“Oh Samantha, I am happy for you both two. Best birthday yet?”

“Yes, best birthday yet.”

They hug.

“Miss Samantha, Mr. Bass is holding on line one.”

Shelly knocks on her door.

“Do I tell him to call later, I know how you like that he fixes an appointment and stuff” Shelly says, its Monday morning and the work resumes.

“Oh no, put him through” she couldn’t hide the smile on her face.

Shelly frowns “erm… is it just me or I see a smile and blush?’’

“Both”

Shelly frowns, then her eyes grows big “Don’t tell me you and Mr. Bass had a thing?"

Samantha laughs” Thing? Nooooo! he is my man!!"

“He never dates anybody for real."

“Oh that was the Bass you knew… this Bass is all brand new and he is mine."

“Oh… damn!!!” she breaks out in a smile “I am jealous.”

Samantha laughs “Me too! I can’t believe it still.’’

“Oh let me not keep him waiting then… oh… my God!!!’’ she squeals running outside.

“Hey princess, can I come pick you up for lunch?’’ the call comes through.

“Really? erm… I guess so” she smiles.

“Great, be with you in a second” She frowns… “wait, your office is like an hour away from here and…” she trails off from the sound.

Knock knock!!

“Can I please come in and whisk my princess away, she works too much and I need to feed her and kiss her and tell her I miss her and… you know…l ove her…”

She laughs rushing to the door, she opens and sees him standing there with a flower covering his face, Shelly and some other females are
behind him awwning, Mr. Shelton had come out of his office, a silent smile on his face.

‘’Bass...?” she cuts the call as he cuts his “aww they are lovely but everyone is staring."

“Let them stare, I don’t care” he leans in to kiss her.

“Shall we?’’ he gives her the flowers, she sniffs it and then kisses him back.

“I have to get used to this showing up randomly right?’’

“Oh yeah babe, can’t get enough of you.”

Then they kiss again, Mr. Shelton clears his throat behind them.

“Oh hi Mr. Shelton, hope you don’t mind that I take my girlfriend out for lunch, it is lunch time… yes?’’

“Yes It is… and Mr. Bass, I like this new look on you.”

“Yes, me too” he stares at Samantha. “Me too.”

The ladies come out in their numbers to watch them leave.

“Oh... dear, So Mr. Bass is officially taken right?’ someone sobs.

“I know… I know… we all loved him.”

“But he got the best of us, he got Samantha and it’s the best thing that ever happened to him’’ Shelly says genuinely happy for them.

“Okay, fun is over, back to work.”

“Its lunch time sir."

‘Oh’’ he scratches his head, they all laugh.

EPILOGUE
It’s been a year since their journey began... and within that year, Bass had commissioned his Gulen Projects for the technology institute and had two other private ventures commissioned as well.

Within the year, Samantha had been promoted to Assistant Manager of Shelton Events
Management/Business consulting firm, and she is looking to open her own company by next fall.

Veronica became the most sort after model in the industry, she has her own clothing line. She and Bass are friends still.

Bass and Samantha commissioned other charity projects together and he was fully involved this time, making other sponsors to join in the humanitarian work as well.

Jamie and her Beau are going strong.

Becky left, she couldn’t handle the fact that Bass was genuinely in a relationship with another woman and not her.

Sophie was promoted to PA.

Todd got married, he was still Bass’s driver, but his pay doubled over the last couple of months.

Today, it was their first anniversary since they began dating… since he asked her out a year ago on her birthday… today was 28th birthday.

And till now he hadn’t called her nor showed up and everyone had been pretty quiet, even Jamie, like they forgot. She was angry… she was fussing.

“How dare they?’ she says driving home from work… she gets down, opens her door, kicks her shoes “I will not talk to him or anyone ever
again… how dare they forget about today!! Arggh!! All day ignoring my calls. Oh… I will never talk to them or him.” she fumes, enters her house and puts on the light.

“Surprise!!!!’’ everyone bursts out from their hiding.

“Oh my God!!’’ she screams, as Jamie and everyone else from work comes to hug her.

“I thought you all forgot.’’

‘Nah!! Never! happy birthday kiddo.”

They hug and everyone hugs her too, she sees her parents, she is suprised.

“Mom! Dad! how did you get here?’’ she runs into their arms, her father had changed for the better too. Her mom was happy.

“Oh, we flew… thanks to that young man over there?”

She turns to see Bass walking towards her, she smiles turning to hug him as he opens up his arms.

“Thank you” she sobs into his arms.

“Haven’t seen them for ages.”

“I know and you are welcome princess.’’ he hug her back.

During the course of the party, they roll out her cake for her and lights it, they sing and then tells her to blow out her candle.

“Make a wish princess” Bass tells her.

She does and blows it out.

“What did you wish for?”

She smiles.

“I have it all already” she says, walking up to him and kissing him.

“Well, happy anniversary babe’’ he deeps his hands into his pocket, goes on his knees.

"How about you make my wish come true, I love you Samantha Brookes, will you marry me?”

She has tears in her eyes, nodding her head.

“You bet I will Bass, gosh I love you!! yes yes yes yes!!’’ she says as the house goes up in a cheerful uproar as he lifts her up, twirls her
around as she flashes her diamond ring… they kiss, laughing into each other’s faces while everyone claps and cheers.

This right here was all she needed.

And this to him was his world, right here, with Samantha.

‘I LOVE YOU MR. BASS!!!’’

“I LOVE YOU MRS. BASS!!!”

“Oh I like the sound of that…”

“Yeah I know, so how about making those twins you talked about?’’ he winks at her.

“Oh you naughty man..” she laughs as he spins her again kissing her and loving her and being her forever and a day more man.

~~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~

I appreciate you ALL for the time you've devoted for this piece and I believe that you must learn one or two things from it (Even am not excluded).

Please let's make use of any didantic attributes gathered from this and stay blessed.

I celebrate your worth.

OluspicyTheVirtualMaker

3 Likes

Re: Humdrum by Ann2012(f): 4:38am On Apr 21, 2021
Wow!!! Happy ending

Thanks for this wonderful story OP

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by oluspicy: 6:31am On Apr 21, 2021
Ann2012:
Wow!!! Happy ending

Thanks for this wonderful story OP

You're welcome.

Another piece is coming soon.

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by xaviercasmir(m): 7:27am On Apr 21, 2021
oluspicy:

You're welcome.
Another piece is coming soon.
Can't wait for it

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by ADUKKY(f): 10:19am On Apr 21, 2021
Thank you Oluspicy for the consistent updates. I check every morning and boom an update is waiting for me.

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by Oluwatimi2000(m): 11:59am On Apr 21, 2021
I really enjoyed the story...
thanks for this masterpiece
I look forward to reading more stories written by u

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by Abosede512(f): 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2021
Wow, nice story, I really enjoyed it. more knowledge

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by Finnestgreat: 6:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
Wow!!! awesome ending,can't wait for the next story.Op abeg forgive me 4 my late comment o.

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by oluspicy: 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
ADUKKY:
Thank you Oluspicy for the consistent updates. I check every morning and boom an update is waiting for me.

You're welcome Aunt Aduke.
Re: Humdrum by oluspicy: 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
Oluwatimi2000:
I really enjoyed the story...

thanks for this masterpiece

I look forward to reading more stories written by u

You're welcome
Re: Humdrum by oluspicy: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Abosede512:
Wow, nice story, I really enjoyed it. more knowledge

Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: Humdrum by oluspicy: 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Finnestgreat:
Wow!!! awesome ending,can't wait for the next story.Op abeg forgive me 4 my late comment o.

No qualms bro.

1 Like

Re: Humdrum by oluspicy: 4:12pm On May 24, 2021
Hands of Strain...

New story coming soon.

Watch out!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Office Romance Gone Wrong (A Short Romantic Story) / Intimacy 18+ Prologue / The Hunter - A Techno thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.