Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,767 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account (43362 Views)

See The 25k My Girlfriend's Dad Gave Me (photos) / My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless / See How A Guy Replied His Girlfriend's Dad After He Dis-virgin His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Kate06(m): 2:25am On Apr 04, 2021
Fash20:

I'm also a web developer. Kindly reach out to me if you're need programmers. Many Thanks

I have many mentions and I wouldn't know the best out of all as a project can't be shared with too many developers. But i will see what i can do.

What program do you use?

Please, for all those sending pms, I don't reply pms.

Chat me up on telegram @Alcon01 so we can form a group probably to help each other when such projects arrive.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ityP(m): 3:00am On Apr 04, 2021
greenmonk:

I don't blame you. You can insult anyone on faceless forum.
She is not a prostitute when it is time to pay but when it is time to knack you forgot that she is not a prostitute.

Stop disgracing yourself. Prostitution na money in exchange for sex. If after fucking, you give woman money, na prostitute you dey follow. Be guided
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Mrscarter(f): 3:05am On Apr 04, 2021
Nazgul:

Food is just to make it look presentable. I can comfortably tell you that the money was used to settle various debts and the rest was used for food. It's so sad that so many Nigerians are currently wallowing in severe debts. A friend of mine stopped picking up my calls since last month, he borrowed some money from me to settle his family's needs, I later discovered that I'm not the only one he's owing he borrowed from other friends as well.

As bad as I felt, I knew that that's the current situation with most households in Nigeria. So if you mistakenly pay in any excess money into their account, it will be withdrawn in seconds cos there are so much needs awaiting attention.

Rumor has it that the average Nigerian has less than 50k lying dormant in his account. And as embarrassing as that sounds, it's the blunt truth.

Yes theres alot of struggling. Its sad

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Mrscarter(f): 3:32am On Apr 04, 2021
grossintel:
My dear, I tire. A family of 6, but just 4 at the moment cause the rest are away for various reasons. But that was really fast, I even learnt they paid Tithe from the money in church. All this happened in less than 24hrs. I finally spoke with her Mom this morning, I intentionally didn't want to pick yesterday cause I was very angry. She kept pleading that they used the money for food, drugs, house expenses and tithe in church. The last one really made me laugh grin, I just asked them to send back what's left before they use it for seed faith, they shouldn't start borrowing cause I know things are hard grin. Honestly, country is hard, the temptation is real but it's well.

Yeah most ppl who are struggling would do the same thing i guess n being ur gfs family wouldve made the situation harder. Honestly my family arent poor exactly but theyd do the same thing if my partner sent money. My mum done it to my exes mother chop her money which she sent for me money she owed me n even tho the money was mine i didnt know she had paid me for a while so made things awkward n it was a similar amount. So i know how ur gf is feeling. Its an awful situation for her too.
Sometimes is best just to cut your losses and know it cost u dearly to find out whos trustworthy n who is not yeah.
Anyway gud luck with everything.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by XploraBen(m): 4:49am On Apr 04, 2021
Kate06:

Man. Most people are happy they found such loyal and honest people and just because of 100k, you can't turn yourself loose & act like a kid.

It has been destined it will happen this way, so let it be and do not disturb the old man and his wife pls.

I want to tell you something today, just pretend as if nothing happen and sow that as a seed, believe me, your next project will be *10 of what you sow. Its working for me because I am also a freelancer.

I have made over #1.2m in 3 months from 2d animations and Website developing. For the custom website development, i am not a pro in that cos it needed coding, so I outsourced at #150, 000.

So, if you are that good, lemme have your contact so if i have my next website development project, i will let you know.

I do give to people as am led to and its unconditionally. Sometimes, when am in a restaurant or grocery, people come to ask for favors and I give. I do see God bless me more after such gestures.

So, leave it that way. Atleast, you can still manage till another income comes in and next time, use your siblings acct instead.

For the 100k, count it as a pride price for your gf.

Please where do you get your jobs from?
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by alamoht(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2021
grossintel:
My brother, I won't! Even if I would, I'll wait a couple of days or call people I know could send it. I have clients who do that sometimes and I always try to find out who sent it and what it's for.

How do you expect them to call you and ask if you send them money?
Oga, you caused everything. Why would you send a dead man account to be credited. Anyway, that's your own business.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by alamoht(m): 5:08am On Apr 04, 2021
Nothing Musa no go see for gate...
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by yetty247(f): 5:51am On Apr 04, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
Yoooo .... Within 24hrs 60k don vanished grin .... Omo *⁷⁰⁹⁹...

Lol
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by damysamy12(m): 6:13am On Apr 04, 2021
another fool sighted

how did ur gf dad account got to u and if so it did not bring out names while input ur pin

rubbish
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 04, 2021
femalecobra:

The friend aboard may hv promised them.maybe today or tomorrow or something and maybe the friend abroad usually sends them money from any of his friend in Nigeria since they may not know of paypal etc as they are nit very educated.
If you really love her you shouldn’t be this offended. The promised to pay....haba...this is someone you claim to love fa....
That your reaction is too much
I understand you Mayb need the money urgently...but true love covers a multitude of offenses especially when they promised to pay back. You can only be angry wen d don’t pay back in 2weeks to a month.
Knowing d dad isn’t even working n all should be reason why u more understanding so far they would sha pay.
In my opinion u don’t really love this girl else you won’t have liver to talk to the parents anyhow knowing na them go release her to you for marriage soon.
Faithful people da.....Good girlfriend you have sef...she offered you sell her phone. If I am your girlfriend with This your response and attitude, I would be so angry....wouldn’t they pay you back? Haba....did they deny seeing the money or did they say “thank u my inlaw”? Meaning they don’t want to pay you back?
Patience and humility is key for any man ooo
Haaaa...
I wonder who would hand over his child to this ego driven disrespectful man.....all because of 100k fa. You don enter their nose commot
I'm not sure you read my post well, I never spoke to her parents until the next day morning, neither did I threaten them with police that was a suggestion from my friend which I highlighted I wouldn't want to do because it will hurt my relationship. I was angry so I intentionally wanted to be left alone cause truth be told, they where never expecting any money even if they where not this sum.

After speaking to her Mom, I paid very close attention to the context of her explanation, she said the man they thought sent the money hasn't been picking their calls so technically he was avoiding them. So even after they received the money they called this man and he refused to pick. They then concluded it wasn't him, that it could be the good unknown angel who randomly sent them 10k in December and never called till date so they used the money.

She also said her husband had suggested they wait till Monday before touching the money, but their was no single food at home for weeks and they where in dare need for a miracle. So they acted this way because they needed money badly. She said she knew it was wrong and it was an act of stealing, and she will pay back if this man Ever sends them money. Again I know this is never going to happen, so I told her not to bother that I'll sort things out with the money that is left, they shouldn't go borrowing. She then said they where able to gather 10k and she wants to send 50k instead, later on she said it's now 20k so they can send 60k back. I just insisted they send what's left in the account they can use the rest to sort their problems.

I'm not a bad person and have sent them money in countless occasions even more than 200k. But this is entirely different, I didn't insult or threaten their daughter in anyway, she was the one who told me how terrible she felt and how she wishes she didn't come come from such family. She kept saying Baby, I'm not like them please! All in all the money is lost, lesson lent. Deleted the account number cause now I know what enters there never comes out grin.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Greenfit(m): 6:59am On Apr 04, 2021
Bride price paid in advance...congratulations
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by femalecobra: 7:44am On Apr 04, 2021
grossintel:
I'm not sure you read my post well, I never spoke to her parents until the next day morning, neither did I threaten them with police that was a suggestion from my friend which I highlighted I wouldn't want to do because it will hurt my relationship. I was angry so I intentionally wanted to be left alone cause truth be told, they where never expecting any money even if they where not this sum.

After speaking to her Mom, I paid very close attention to the context of her explanation, she said the man they thought sent the money hasn't been picking their calls so technically he was avoiding them. So even after they received the money they called this man and he refused to pick. They then concluded it wasn't him, that it could be the good unknown angel who randomly sent them 10k in December and never called till date so they used the money.

She also said her husband had suggested they wait till Monday before touching the money, but their was no single food at home for weeks and they where in dare need for a miracle. So they acted this way because they needed money badly. She said she knew it was wrong and it was an act of stealing, and she will pay back if this man Ever sends them money. Again I know this is never going to happen, so I told her not to bother that I'll sort things out with the money that is left, they shouldn't go borrowing. She then said they where able to gather 10k and she wants to send 50k instead, later on she said it's now 20k so they can send 60k back. I just insisted they send what's left in the account they can use the rest to sort their problems.

I'm not a bad person and have sent them money in countless occasions even more than 200k. But this is entirely different, I didn't insult or threaten their daughter in anyway, she was the one who told me how terrible she felt and how she wishes she didn't come come from such family. She kept saying Baby, I'm not like them please! All in all the money is lost, lesson lent. Deleted the account number cause now I know what enters there never comes out grin.

Looool....@never comes out
Hmmmm
Nothing wey person no go see
Thanks for being mature n leaving dem with the rest
Even if u wan waka....just waka leave them, their pikin and their wahala....but parting peacefully is so important.
Though don’t part oo...they seem like good people who desperation took hold of

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Ebookherbs(m): 7:51am On Apr 04, 2021
i heard ymodulos is the same guy called the Mr widemouth

lookup his moniker here widemouth333

now he seems fully into politics and i hope politicians do not steal him away from been the good citizen that he once was
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Thereddevil: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2021
Temmylee01:
Normally I will shout shoot

And say issokay!!!!

But this your issue lasan

Nah only one thing I get to say

GO AND LISTEN TO SINACH miracle worker. Peace!!!! how does this make any sense
It doesn't have to make sense.. It's sarcasm and with this your post, it's better to catch cruise with it, than to start giving advices that wouldn't have any effect.. Your girlfriend already called her dad and the mom already pleaded they'd send what's left and pay up whenever they have the money.. So there are only two things you can achieve from this post.. 1) pity 2) Sarcasm
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Qatar2022: 8:17am On Apr 04, 2021
lilvicky68:

If money enter your account and nobody call you to acknowledge the money..you no go spend am?
u
Stop this even you will use it you have to wait at least 7 days or more
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Qatar2022: 8:19am On Apr 04, 2021
dominique:
They're pastors, prospective in-laws and broke for that matter, oga just forget about the money. Collect whatever they return and count your losses.
Nigeria and stupid advise at times , can you do that if you are in his position? I wonder why Nigeria youth can't advise someone properly
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Samsonklin(m): 8:21am On Apr 04, 2021
lilvicky68:
You have made the mistake..live with it..police no go listen to you unless you wan waste more money..next time you go shine your eyes well..na you know the hidden business you dey do with your clients wey you no wan use your account..
God bless you. No mind that guyman. For this age, u dey send money u nor dey verify. The money wasn't that important to him, if it was, he go truly shine im eyes like your statement. Yeye people, he better forget that money. Nothing go come out abi he never hear say NO MONEY ON GROUND?
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by VULCAN(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2021
You must be one of the Extremely Poor People that made Nigeria the Poverty Capital of the world.

That's why the amount has shaken you.

Because Anybody that transfers money regularly knows how easy it is to send it to the wrong account.

Especially if you use Internet banking instead of USSD.

Obviously you don't transfer money so you wouldn't know.

I pray God changes your mindset and lifts you up so that you can experience regular cash flows.

AishaYesufu:
Where is the evidence of conversation you had with your girl and transaction notification (debit alert)? Looks like FAKE NEWS

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by 9jaRealist: 8:31am On Apr 04, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

With all due respect...
YOU ALL SOUND LIKE SCAMMERS!

You don’t want money sent directly to your account...
Your girlfriend has several accounts, and you have her dad’s account details.

>
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by KingAlabi: 8:44am On Apr 04, 2021
AsherAmari:
Convert it to bride price. Afterall you've been chopping Baba's daughter without dowry. So let baba drink wine small. Lol...
And the girl has not been chopping him? angry
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by XXLDICK(m): 8:47am On Apr 04, 2021
Kate06:

Man. Most people are happy they found such loyal and honest people and just because of 100k, you can't turn yourself loose & act like a kid.

It has been destined it will happen this way, so let it be and do not disturb the old man and his wife pls.

I want to tell you something today, just pretend as if nothing happen and sow that as a seed, believe me, your next project will be *10 of what you sow. Its working for me because I am also a freelancer.

I have made over #1.2m in 3 months from 2d animations and Website developing. For the custom website development, i am not a pro in that cos it needed coding, so I outsourced at #150, 000.

So, if you are that good, lemme have your contact so if i have my next website development project, i will let you know.

I do give to people as am led to and its unconditionally. Sometimes, when am in a restaurant or grocery, people come to ask for favors and I give. I do see God bless me more after such gestures.

So, leave it that way. Atleast, you can still manage till another income comes in and next time, use your siblings acct instead.

Bro, I'm into frontend web development. I use React or Nextjs. for CSS, I use bootstrap, vanilla CSS or Tailwind CSS.

I just started out and I have learnt very well. you can pay after I deliver.

I'll be glad if you outsource any job to me. I need to gather some experience.

my number: 08053662673. call or whatsapp

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Temmylee01(m): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2021
tongue
Thereddevil:

It doesn't have to make sense.. It's sarcasm and with this your post, it's better to catch cruise with it, than to start giving advices that wouldn't have any effect.. Your girlfriend already called her dad and the mom already pleaded they'd send what's left and pay up whenever they have the money.. So there are only two things you can achieve from this post.. 1) pity 2) Sarcasm
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Etinosa1234: 10:48am On Apr 04, 2021
Kate06:

Pls I'm an App developer, in case u have any job for mobile apps, Pls contact me at developinlawyer@gmail.com...

Enu gbe

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Abcruz(m): 4:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kate06:

I have many mentions and I wouldn't know the best out of all as a project can't be shared with too many developers. But i will see what i can do.

What program do you use?

Please, for all those sending pms, I don't reply pms.

Chat me up on telegram @Alcon01 so we can form a group probably to help each other when such projects arrive.

Thanks for your response. I use HTML, CSS and JavaScript for frontend development.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Coolcalmcollect(m): 4:42pm On Apr 04, 2021
these boys una no just wan get sense, why in fork sake will you have your gfs dad's account number you said you were sending her money tru his account.... oshey big man.....when we preach dont date broke girls sebi our mouth was smelling....enjoy ur NGO services ode
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Tochj(m): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
AsherAmari:
Convert it to bride price. Afterall you've been chopping Baba's daughter without dowry. So let baba drink wine small. Lol...
Hahahaha
I no fit laugh abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by wirinet(m): 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
grossintel:

I doff my heart to you. I appreciate few Nigerians left that are very principled, and not denominate everything to money. I have said the whole issue is not about the money but the principle of taking what does does not belong to you and using religion to justify it.

Since it seems the mother admit that they did wrong (unlike lots of people here who tries to use "miracle blessing" to justify their spending the money), you should just collect the remaining amount and move on. Also don't put the blame on your girlfriend as she too was very embarrassed by the situation.

My only problem is how will the girl's family survive when when the food they bought with the money finishes? Will they die or pray for another miracle alert?

African youths need to the taught how to add value to themselves and become wealth creators instead of searching for non existent paper qualification employments or pray for "ala anu" (philanthropists) in order to survive.

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by NarnieAceTech: 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kate06:

Good day to you. I saw this thread quite late.
I'm an ambitious young man who just finished NYSC and also looking into making a name in the web development world.

I would like to propose an offer to you when you get this message. I'd like us to discuss about the next project you have at hand. Please, do well to let me know. Thank you
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 05, 2021
ImaIma1:

I understand your angle.

But the person they were expecting money from, was it 100k too? 100k is not small money. Did they reach out to the person to say "we have seen it o" or "was it you that sent it?"

I worked in a bank and I know that people spend money that was mistakenly paid into their accounts and when you call them, their excuse is always " I was expecting money"...all of them. Was that the amount you were expecting.

Imagine one of such people that from his account history had never received more than 15k. Someone mistakenly paid over 100k into his account and he said he was expecting some money and had already spent almost half.

The parents were too quick to spend that amount without any sort of confirmation. It's 100k, not 10k.
I can't respond to everyone nor modify the post so I pick a few and hope others see it. No, they where not expecting any money and even if they where certainly not 100k. When I finally spoke to her Mom the following day, I gave them the benefit of doubts and paid close attention.

She said they where expecting money from a man, but this man hadn't been picking their calls so even after the money was transferred to them, they tried calling this man again but he still didn't pick. So technically he was avoiding them! Remember they said initially its a friend from abroad? But now she said it's a church member who promised to send them money sometime ago when they reached out to him. This was after I asked how they could make calls to the US considering you'll have to add country code and all and how expensive it can be.

Then she went on to say, they concluded he wasn't the one. And thought maybe it's the same angel who randomly sent them 10k in December. So technically this had happened before and they didn't hesitate to spend it without verifying the source. She also stressed the fact that there was no food for weeks now at home, and she's sorry for taking what doesn't belong to them that her husband and suggested they wait till Monday but she insisted they use it because they are in desperate need for money.

I asked her what's left, she said 40k. But they can run around and make it 50k, then later she said they can make it 60k. I just knew they still had a lot left but I told them not to worry and send the 40k so they don't go borrowing. I took the blame, told them I agreed someone was supposed to send them 100k for food items so it's understandable they thought it was from this person.

So people saying am wicked and shiit, like I'm trying to harrase the family didn't read or understand my post. I never even spoke to them until the next day when I was calm because I knew speaking to them at the heat of things won't be a good idea. Till today, her dad still owes me 50k for their last child school fees he borrowed a year ago which he promised to payback the following month when he gets his salary. I wrote it off instantly, and initially planned to tell him "Daddy don't worry, use that to get yourself something nice" when he tries to refund me. He even used the word "I promise you" He never called to let me know his challenges or make attempts to acknowledge he borrowed money but couldn't pay. That one died like that, so when they started telling all these stories I knew it wasn't true.

I love their daughter, else I won't even be in contact with her family to begin with. It's not worth crashing our relationship and future together, but I'll definitely be wary of her family when it involves money. Anything I'm going to give them has to go through her, never saving their account number again. It's not justifiable to spend what doesn't belong to you because it entered your account. If you think it's perfectly okay, there is no difference with you and an average Yahoo boy because that's exactly what they do.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 05, 2021
Royceey:
[color=#006600][/color]Bro, if I can read your episode clearly from the write-up you say a Client wanted to do Subscription with the 100k. lipsrsealed

You suddenly say the 100k was the money your former Sister's boss sent to you for help the company develop website according to you your sister say you shouldn't use your personal account. undecided

Align your Statement before expecting advice from me
stop confusing people.

My sisters Boss is a manager in Shell, my sister used to work in Shell. Her Boss needed a website for his company so she told him she knew a guy from paystack. Not her Brother! Her reason for this was that she knew he didn't want family wahala and needed something strictly professional. I built the website, he liked it and paid through her and she gave me the money. I also built an app for them and several other services, all the funds where paid to my sisters account and she will transfer it to me. Now she's in the US and I have to deal with her Boss expressly, if I send him my account number it would have the same surname with my sister and hence the red flag and he won't like this despite working with them for many years. The 100k fee is paid yearly for maintenance, hosting and updates. I hope people read this and stop thinking it's a fraudulent deal.

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 05, 2021
EndRape2:
kisslet me elaborate by any source I mean, from friends, savings , any good source now there are things we should not post online ,things like this should be resolved off line, if you need advice you can look for one good person offline and seek advice, not revealing who is involve, the part he said he will involve police, got me so sick, call police for your girlfriend parent, is a red sign that the girl should run from him, they are still dating so he has no business sending money to her parent in the first place, but in marriage in can give money and the girl can also give his parent money

money.
I never said I would involve the police, I said a friend advised me to involve the police but this will definitely hurt my relationship. Meaning I value this girl so much! I never even spoke to the family until the following day when the heat was down. They have returned the 40k and I told them not to worry about the rest, please try and read and understand before concluding I have evil intentions.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ImaIma1(f): 9:40am On Apr 05, 2021
grossintel:
I can't respond to everyone nor modify the post so I pick a few and hope others see it. No, they where not expecting any money and even if they where certainly not 100k. When I finally spoke to her Mom the following day, I gave them the benefit of doubts and paid close attention.

She said they where expecting money from a man, but this man hadn't been picking their calls so even after the money was transferred to them, they tried calling this man again but he still didn't pick. So technically he was avoiding them! Remember they said initially its a friend from abroad? But now she said it's a church member who promised to send them money sometime ago when they reached out to him. This was after I asked how they could make calls to the US considering you'll have to add country code and all and how expensive it can be.

Then she went on to say, they concluded he wasn't the one. And thought maybe it's the same angel who randomly sent them 10k in December. So technically this had happened before and they didn't hesitate to spend it without verifying the source. She also stressed the fact that there was no food for weeks now at home, and she's sorry for taking what doesn't belong to them that her husband and suggested they wait till Monday but she insisted they use it because they are in desperate need for money.

I asked her what's left, she said 40k. But they can run around and make it 50k, then later she said they can make it 60k. I just knew they still had a lot left but I told them not to worry and send the 40k so they don't go borrowing. I took the blame, told them I agreed someone was supposed to send them 100k for food items so it's understandable they thought it was from this person.

So people saying am wicked and shiit, like I'm trying to harrase the family didn't read or understand my post. I never even spoke to them until the next day when I was calm because I knew speaking to them at the heat of things won't be a good idea. Till today, her dad still owes me 50k for their last child school fees he borrowed a year ago which he promised to payback the following month when he gets his salary. I wrote it off instantly, and initially planned to tell him "Daddy don't worry, use that to get yourself something nice" when he tries to refund me. He even used the word "I promise you" He never called to let me know his challenges or make attempts to acknowledge he borrowed money but couldn't pay. That one died like that, so when they started telling all these stories I knew it wasn't true.

I love their daughter, else I won't even be in contact with her family to begin with. It's not worth crashing our relationship and future together, but I'll definitely be wary of her family when it involves money. Anything I'm going to give them has to go through her, never saving their account number again. It's not justifiable to spend what doesn't belong to you because it entered your account. If you think it's perfectly okay, there is no difference with you and an average Yahoo boy because that's exactly what they do.

Yes, know how you relate with them in terms of money because it is obvious they cannot resist temptation when it comes to money. And they are obviously constantly in need of it, because they had no justification to spend money they were not sure of.

I think you have handled it well and have already learnt your lesson and know how to relate with them henceforth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Man Refused To Pay Prostitute For Service After All Night Sex (video) / Sex On The First Date Doesn’t Make You Cheap – Twitter User (photos) / Young Lady Marries Old Man In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.