Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,522 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account (43343 Views)

See The 25k My Girlfriend's Dad Gave Me (photos) / My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless / See How A Guy Replied His Girlfriend's Dad After He Dis-virgin His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by prophetfire: 10:09am On Apr 03, 2021
Queenttoast01:
Use the money as her bride price, shikena grin
. Yes this is what I was about to tell him. Use the money as advance payment for her dowry and traditional wedding list.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Angelfrost(m): 10:10am On Apr 03, 2021
Calm down ojare... Papa has received his daughter's Bride Price! Say no more!!! grin
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by timocruzcmbb(m): 10:10am On Apr 03, 2021
You just have to collect the 40k,when you want to pay her bride price what ever amount you where given,you just say Inlaw I have paid part payment in advance. cool
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Musharraf7: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Really? What happened to integrity? A good name is better than riches? I understand the temptation was real but I'm highly disappointed. Even if you are going to use money you're not sure of the source, why not make some calls or wait a couple of days!
OP. U are wicked. U won't use your own account but u want to use somebody else daughter account and u claim to love her. U are just using her and this serves u right.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by seangy4konji: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2021
Oga oooo...

100 k...Someone from the abroad...And if you did not ask they did not call the person to say thank you so that one could ja won si say he never send anything...

The matter get as it be...i no deh even involve any woman with anything that has to do with my money...

Never...
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Jasonjay101(m): 10:11am On Apr 03, 2021
Good no go shame us
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by victorazy(m): 10:11am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

Bros! Make I tell you the truth.

Things happen for a reason.

I know money is hard now but I will advice u to forget that cash.

That money will speak for u later IF ONLY YOU WANT TO MARRY THE BABE O!

Call the man and tell him to forget about the money

4 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by kriss27(m): 10:12am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Like I earlier stated, I'm disappointed but at the same time their is almost nothing I can do. So for now, I'll have to play the waiting card, all my beneficiaries are family members but after what happened I quickly deleted her dads account number so I'm sure I won't make that mistake again.

AGAIN, have a lot of projects at hand and needed some funds to keeps things rolling until I'm done with them. I try not to take too much so I'm not tied up and burnt out, but as this happened I'll probably take up more offers than I should which isn't good. I could let it go, cause from the look of things they know I can't force them or u shouldn't force them since I'm serious with their daughter. But what they don't know is their daughter is broken, not only is she disappointed she feels embarrassed by their actions. I know this because I'm very close to her, all she's thinking about now is how to repay the money even though I won't let her go through the hustle right now.

In all these ave come to the conclusion that humans are humans, we blame politicians but if given the same opportunity we will most likely do worse. As terrible as it sounds, I'll never trust them with money again, not now not ever. I've also conclude the money is lost, so when she talks about it and say they will pay back, I just tell her if and when they do she should let me know. But she shouldn't say they will or try to make me believe they will because it will only make me feel worse if they don't.

I'll just manage what I have for now, Easter flexing was almost guaranteed but now ave lost the mood for that completely.
Does she work?
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by bigcee(m): 10:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Your girlfriend's dad right now grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by nedekid: 10:13am On Apr 03, 2021
You certainly cannot get that money back unless you use force of which you may consider that relationship gone.
But me I wonder what you are doing with such people, you certainly will be carrying burden on your head if you dare move any further with such unfortunate family. The father is a old crook and there is no how it will not rub off on the daughter.
If you can overlook the money, better japa and consider 100k as the price you paid to save your hide on the long-run.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Odoctor(m): 10:13am On Apr 03, 2021
Its your right. But pls give them time. For the sake of your girlfriend give them time to pay.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by nedekid: 10:13am On Apr 03, 2021
timocruzcmbb:
You just have to collect the 40k,when you want to pay her bride price what ever amount you where given,you just say Inlaw I have paid part payment in advance. cool
Guyman grin
This kind family sef of hungry people, the bride price and list will pass 10m.
The fraudster of a father will less 60k from 10m de smile ontop. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by bigcee(m): 10:13am On Apr 03, 2021
Queenttoast01:
lwkmd grin
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Greystone: 10:14am On Apr 03, 2021
AsherAmari:
Convert it to bride price. Afterall you've been chopping Baba's daughter without dowry. So let baba drink wine small. Lol...

Lol. You harsh oh...

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by kkinternet: 10:14am On Apr 03, 2021
I know 100k is a lot of cash but in this situation whereby you know they are suffering ( No one is having it easy though) but if you can, just forget about it. I know more blessings are on the way bro.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by bigcee(m): 10:15am On Apr 03, 2021
Temmylee01:
Normally I will shout shoot

And say issokay!!!!

But this your issue lasan

Nah only one thing I get to say

GO AND LISTEN TO SINACH miracle worker. Peace!!!! how does this make any sense

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by moneyissweet(m): 10:15am On Apr 03, 2021
Which company website, guy your sister's boss is a fraudster in America and na online banking u arrange for am.

grossintel:
There is nothing hidden about the business, he used to be my Sisters Boss in the office. He needed a web developer and she recommended me but told him I was working with Paystack. I delivered an excellent job and host their company website and app. She's in the US now so we deal directly now, this is why I didn't want to use my account because my sister insisted I never use mine.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Tadeus(m): 10:16am On Apr 03, 2021
Use police to retrieve 100k?? That's a wrong move coz police will eventually take 120k from you..lol. just calm down for your in-laws to be. Things are difficult everywhere. You have made mistake, leave the money for them to avoid more stress for yourself. My advice
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by KingOKON: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

You are angry because of what?
Your foolishness caused you so sharap and bear it all.
Your girl is a good girl

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by fitinwell: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2021
If you involve Police you might loose all your money... Because her parents,. Will claim that you have been abhorring der daughter...

And blah.. blah ... Blah..

I was once in that mess ,.. the Lady actually Stole from me.. and Ran away.. Went straight to report the matter at the police station..

Immediately the heard she stole in my apartment.. and she is my girlfriend..

Even her mama set..

Claim her daughter doesn't come home again that she has been looking for her..

Trust Nigeria police ..

They ask me to drop the charges orelse they will arrest me for abhoring a lady...

After all na Girlfriend charges.. I don Bleep am well..

So no case...

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by SmartyPants(m): 10:17am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

Take it that you have paid bride price grin
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me

My advice to you is never to marry that girl! if her parents behave this way, it shows they have no integrity or shame in the family, those traits would have been passed down to the daughter even if it hasnt started to manifest yet or you hadnt noticed because you havent been paying enough attention or you have been blinded by "love".

the hardest habits to shake off are those learnt at home!!!
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Patriotic9ja(m): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2021
LadySarah:
It is from little things that integrity is tasted.moreso being a clergyman,he should have verified who sent the money.

I once was paid double salary,i waited and no debit,i escalated the issue as much as i could but interestly majority advised me to chop and clean month as per national cake..The entire 4 mths it took for the money to be retrieved,i wasnt at peace.

Anyone supporting them has a big problem.Its nothing until it happens to you and you are in dire need of that fund right away.

Well spoken. You are among the few patriotic citizens with proven integrity

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by icankel: 10:18am On Apr 03, 2021
Guy are u ok? they were on there own u sent them 100k and u want to call police for them. they have no business calling u or even begging u, ur girl must be passionate woman for showing remorse. Had it been is an unusual girl she may even be d one to report u then u tell police reason u dint use ur account. just hope and pray they raise d money anytime if not just forget it

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by The5DME(m): 10:18am On Apr 03, 2021
This matter big pass me.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 03, 2021
lilvicky68:

You can't blame them for spending the money.

Don't mind him. At this trying times. If any bank make mistake if transferring millions into my account. I will use part of it to solve my immediate problem before we go start to settle am wether in court or out of court.

Guy even said he wan involve police. To what?
To arrest the man for hacking his account?

2 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by jagorinho: 10:20am On Apr 03, 2021
emmnprince:
Good submission. You must be an experienced dude in this business. But how you take know say na Yoruba family this one you suggest Amotekun and OPC over the respected Nigerian Police Force?

you are actually right!!! the people involved might not be Yorubas, my initial submission was just because of similar scenarios I have seen in yorubaland.
I recommended amotekun because police will turn him to a walking ATM, after he eventually get his money back, police unscrupulous charges will nearly take 40- 50 % of the whole money.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by horladexino(m): 10:20am On Apr 03, 2021
Nazgul:

Food is just to make it look presentable. I can comfortably tell you that the money was used to settle various debts and the rest was used for food. It's so sad that so many Nigerians are currently wallowing in severe debts. A friend of mine stopped picking up my calls since last month, he borrowed some money from me to settle his family's needs, I later discovered that I'm not the only one he's owing he borrowed from other friends as well.

As bad as I felt, I knew that that's the current situation with most households in Nigeria. So if you mistakenly pay in any excess money into their account, it will be withdrawn in seconds cos there are so much needs awaiting attention.

Rumor has it that the average Nigerian has less than 50k lying dormant in his account. And as embarrassing as that sounds, it's the blunt truth.
less Than 50k u said?
if i hav that amount i will use it to buy market to my shop so custormers will start taken my buz serious

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Bishop(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2021
lilvicky68:

Is your girlfriend's family too poor that you're feeling like they can't pay you back?

You are in a very toxic relationship, you may never grow in that circle that you have put yourself.

Re-evaluate and discuss your future with your gf, let your goals align together especially financial wise.

Peace be yours

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by micflo28(m): 10:21am On Apr 03, 2021
You can take a loan with their property as collateral pending when the money is refunded.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2021
Queenttoast01:

Biggest mistake he can ever make is to marry into that family. they have already shown they have no integrity, self worth or pride!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Like I earlier stated, I'm disappointed but at the same time their is almost nothing I can do. So for now, I'll have to play the waiting card, all my beneficiaries are family members but after what happened I quickly deleted her dads account number so I'm sure I won't make that mistake again.

AGAIN, have a lot of projects at hand and needed some funds to keeps things rolling until I'm done with them. I try not to take too much so I'm not tied up and burnt out, but as this happened I'll probably take up more offers than I should which isn't good. I could let it go, cause from the look of things they know I can't force them or u shouldn't force them since I'm serious with their daughter. But what they don't know is their daughter is broken, not only is she disappointed she feels embarrassed by their actions. I know this because I'm very close to her, all she's thinking about now is how to repay the money even though I won't let her go through the hustle right now.

In all these ave come to the conclusion that humans are humans, we blame politicians but if given the same opportunity we will most likely do worse. As terrible as it sounds, I'll never trust them with money again, not now not ever. I've also conclude the money is lost, so when she talks about it and say they will pay back, I just tell her if and when they do she should let me know. But she shouldn't say they will or try to make me believe they will because it will only make me feel worse if they don't.

I'll just manage what I have for now, Easter flexing was almost guaranteed but now ave lost the mood for that completely.

This is your opportunity to show in action that you actually love her.

She sounds like a good girl cos she's displayed exactly what is expected of a good girl.

Embarrassment and trying to pay back.

If you can still manage without that money, I'll advise you to tell her you'll find a way.

Don't snap at her or take it out on her.

One day, you will need a favour from her or her family or forgiveness from her for something you did and you'll be able to call in this chip.

This incident is something she won't forget. Make it count bro.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Married Ex Wants Me To Manage Her New Business / Will My Sister Get Another Man With Very High Sperm Count If She Leaves Her BF? / Too Much Sex Can Make You Miserable- New Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.