Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account (43369 Views)

See The 25k My Girlfriend's Dad Gave Me (photos) / My Girlfriend's Dad Is Homeless / See How A Guy Replied His Girlfriend's Dad After He Dis-virgin His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 03, 2021
I don't want to know how rich you are, it's not possible for you to spend 40% of any amount of money on food even if it is a gift. That's not the point. The point is that your in-laws are being dishonest here but at the same time, you must be careful on how you handle this situation. If you feel that they can't refund you because of their financial status, please let it go, I know it's not easy but let it go, you could have been robbed, defrauded or something worse could have made you lose bigger amount.
BUT LET'S BE HONEST, THE DEFINITION OF NIGERIA IS POVERTY. POVERTY IS THE ONLY GENUINE REASON FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by AbujaCitiBlog: 11:53am On Apr 03, 2021
AsherAmari:
Convert it to bride price. Afterall you've been chopping Baba's daughter without dowry. So let baba drink wine small. Lol...
Useless advice from a shameless person. Is the daughter a prostitute? Having sex with your boyfriend or fiance is it the same as prostitution? Your mind is a prostitute mind! May God save decent men from your hands!

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Wardstunna22(m): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2021
Take heart brother that's an Advance for the Dowry and other expenses to be if the relationship doesn't hit rockbottom...
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2021
If I were the girl. I would sell my phone, add the money to the remaining 40k even borrow money join if e no reach and call it a quit with you.

You mistakenly sent their account details to someone they don't know. It is Easter and they are Christians who must have thought some family members or friends sent the money.
They are even old people o.

The money didn't come in your name o.
It didn't come from your account that it would bear your name for them to know it was you and call you to notify you.

It was someone they don't know that sent it.
Bank alerts don't show the phone number of the sender and there is no one for them to call.
And you are now blaming them for spending it.

You are not worth being a son in-law to them for even asking them to send your money and threatening.

Infact you are a broke ass unreasonable son-in-law to be. And if I were one of the girl's brothers or close relative, I will stand against you marry that girl.

Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by abeniagbon(m): 11:59am On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.

nothing more to say... you should have at least wait til Tuesday to get the 40k back but you went ahead to tell them to spend the whole money...

well just remember to deduct the money from their bride price list simple. make the Baba too remember to have that in his mind
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by BePrepared: 12:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
What if the family haven't spent it, just testing your demeanor

May sense fall upon you at this juncture
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Ausval: 12:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
Broke ass nigga ....tueeeeeeeh ..so because of 100k you wan involve police for your babe parents ..you even get mind dey call dem thief God forbid men like you ..Tueeeeh .but you wen dey Bleep the free Toto for girl wen you never marry ,nor be thief. That lady will make the greatest mistake of her life if she ever end up with a fool like you ,but mumu love nor go let the innocent girl see say na big Ewu she dey with .chai why I nor know this your girl or her family make I sharply help them transfer the 100k for you . ....
grossintel:
So one of my clients wanted to transfer 100k to me for a subscription fee, for some reasons I didn't want him to send it to my main account so I told him I'll send him an account to send the money to.

My girlfriend was with me, so I asked if I could use her account and she agreed. (PS: I use her account number a lot and we've been dating for a long time so I trust her with such amount) . So I told her to send me her account number, but she was watching a movie and requested I check my bank app beneficiaries. I checked and reluctantly copied the account number without checking properly seeing the account name had her surname on it, I didn't check the rest.

My client transferred the money and almost 24hrs my girlfriend still didn't receive the money so I contacted him and he sent a screenshot of the transfer which I forwarded to her. Immediately she saw it she shouted! That's her dads account number, I know I used to send her money through he's account some years back so I saved he's account details. She quickly called him and that's when she heard the shocker.

He said he thought it was he's friend abroad, so they used the money to buy food stuff and what is left is 40k or less, her mom was even pleading if they can send the 40k. My GF has been crying and begging that I should give them time to raise the money or I should sell her phone. Her entire family members have been calling me and I refused to pick, I just want my money back complete.

How can you use money you didn't verify the source in less than 24hrs? Her Mom is a pastor and Father is an elder but this is stealing! Did you call your friend abroad to ask before using the money? Her dad is retired without pention so I know for sure they don't have a way of raising the money.

After much pleading I asked her to tell them to send the 40k and send the rest before the week runs out, that's when they told her they can't do transfer and it has to be on Tuesday. At this stage, I just concluded they spent all that money, I'm trying to stay calm but at the same time not be foolish. My friend is asking me to involve the police but this will certainly hurt my relationship. Please how should I follow this matter, I need mature advice please. 100k is not something I can dash anyone right now.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Anakazo22: 12:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:

I do understand how you feel but you cant really blame the Dad honestly, when someone is broke at a point and sees such money in his account which verification do you want him to do at such point,and involving the police for me is a very bad idea for someone you claim you love knowing fully well it was not intentional.i will advise you to give them time to raise the money
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ManOfCompetence(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
Kate06:

Man. Most people are happy they found such loyal and honest people and just because of 100k, you can't turn yourself loose & act like a kid.

It has been destined it will happen this way, so let it be and do not disturb the old man and his wife pls.

I want to tell you something today, just pretend as if nothing happen and sow that as a seed, believe me, your next project will be *10 of what you sow. Its working for me because I am also a freelancer.

I have made over #1.2m in 3 months from 2d animations and Website developing. For the custom website development, i am not a pro in that cos it needed coding, so I outsourced at #150, 000.

So, if you are that good, lemme have your contact so if i have my next website development project, i will let you know.

I do give to people as am led to and its unconditionally. Sometimes, when am in a restaurant or grocery, people come to ask for favors and I give. I do see God bless me more after such gestures.

So, leave it that way. Atleast, you can still manage till another income comes in and next time, use your siblings acct instead.

For the 100k, count it as a pride price for your gf.

can I send you a DM, concerning freelancing though
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by PoshTraveler: 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
it is small money. stop screaming
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by KallmemrB0: 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
I won't describe them as poor in anyway, but they are definitely at the rough edges. This is why I'm worried they acted this way.
you are so arrogant and Am sure ur heart is as dark.... I pity the lady dating you.. The way you qualify your girlfriend family like they are basking in poverty.. Like they mean nothing and have no value.. 100k is much but not end of life...
Loan from your sister in US and Shut Up...

It's sad for Your Girlfriend family not knowing the kind of person you are..

Yes I know it's your money but You belittle them alot
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by bleskid: 12:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
u sei wahala b like b like wetin Again
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by miraculousGod(m): 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
my brother na bride price you pay so.[img]my brother na bride price you pay so.[/img]my brother na bride price you pay so.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by lilvicky68(m): 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
extol1:

please don't mind the guy, he said things are rough for them at the moment and someone sent that kind of money when the family is starving and he expect them not to spent it. in this case, the man is not at fault, even he tell the police.
Thank you
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by miraculousGod(m): 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2021
my brother na bride price you pay so.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by lilvicky68(m): 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2021
Bishop:

You are in a very toxic relationship, you may never grow in that circle that you have put yourself.

Re-evaluate and discuss your future with your gf, let your goals align together especially financial wise.

Peace be yours
Are you referring to me?
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by lilvicky68(m): 12:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
Noblewealth:

He said he needs matured advice not blame ,reality dawn on him when he realized he has done a mistake instead you wrote nonsense.. I don't know why some people don't think before typing.. one might decide to use anyone's(trusted) account on the reason best known to them...
If it's nonsense I wrote...why are you quoting me with your plenty sense..

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by lilvicky68(m): 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Hate to agree. The whole thing sounds scripted. Badly scripted.
This one you agree with me today..wetin happen..
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Senatordeproff: 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
First you made the highest mistake by not checking before issuing the account details.

Again, your write-up shows you love and respect your woman and relationship respectively. That a nice one. Please I know things are hard, but don't make them further depressed if it will cost them alot to pay back. Write it off as bad debt.

The man has messed up and his daughter and wife has apologise. Please I � beg you to forgive and don't change towards them.

By Tuesday, whatever the give take and don't pressure them for the left over.

They should use sense when you come to marry their daughter and reduce things.

Finally, sorry over it all Bro.

grossintel:

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
Kate06:

Man. Most people are happy they found such loyal and honest people and just because of 100k, you can't turn yourself loose & act like a kid.

It has been destined it will happen this way, so let it be and do not disturb the old man and his wife pls.

I want to tell you something today, just pretend as if nothing happen and sow that as a seed, believe me, your next project will be *10 of what you sow. Its working for me because I am also a freelancer.

I have made over #1.2m in 3 months from 2d animations and Website developing. For the custom website development, i am not a pro in that cos it needed coding, so I outsourced at #150, 000.

So, if you are that good, lemme have your contact so if i have my next website development project, i will let you know.

I do give to people as am led to and its unconditionally. Sometimes, when am in a restaurant or grocery, people come to ask for favors and I give. I do see God bless me more after such gestures.

So, leave it that way. Atleast, you can still manage till another income comes in and next time, use your siblings acct instead.

For the 100k, count it as a pride price for your gf.
Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by chima4UK(m): 12:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
Queenttoast01:
Use the money as her bride price, shikena grin

Bride price advance payment...lol
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ghettochild(m): 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
Really? What happened to integrity? A good name is better than riches? I understand the temptation was real but I'm highly disappointed. Even if you are going to use money you're not sure of the source, why not make some calls or wait a couple of days!
What they did is wrong?
Not confirming where the money come from?
As i speak my cousin in yankee sent me some money but i gave her my Nigerian friend acct num..
Apparently she used her diamond bank acct to send it..
The money is still in my friends acct.
Why didnt he spend it?
Well mine might b a diff case but integrity matters gan ni
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
You just pay Part payment for bride price in advace.

1 Like

Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by ghettochild(m): 12:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
providencia:
You are even lucky you sent it to their account and not a random person. You just have to be patient to get your money back.

Just to let you know your bride price is +100 k already that's if they will give you wife
He shd kukuma give her belle
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
My brother, I won't! Even if I would, I'll wait a couple of days or call people I know could send it. I have clients who do that sometimes and I always try to find out who sent it and what it's for.

Your girlfriend is your family.

They were definitely hungry and saw that alert as miracle. You may be with their daughter while hunger is killing them.

Just accept the N40k and don't harass them for the rest. If you get mind, then sell your girlfriends phone for the balance.

But never harass her parents, they may be your future in-laws.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Pat081: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
Queenttoast01:
Use the money as her bride price, shikena grin
Na this one make sense dead love
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by VicM6: 12:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
what if that money went to someone else acct nko, wetin u for do....u nd ur girlfriend's dad re to be blame bt ur girlfriend's dad na big thief o.
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by mrkia(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2021
Wao! And it should have been followed by "please, manage this, sir....lol
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by bimbomueeb(m): 12:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
Congratulations!!! You just paid your bride price
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by sweetrace(f): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
grossintel:
I won't describe them as poor in anyway, but they are definitely at the rough edges. This is why I'm worried they acted this way.

I think you should be glad you paid into an account you know. Even if they can’t pay at once, you can come up with a payment plan. There’s nothing wrong with splitting the N60,000 with them though. It just shows you’re compassionate and understanding. You don’t want them to be waiting for you with a crazy list when you come to ask them for their daughter’s hand in marriage�
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by GoldHorse(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
Dowry paid upfront! Good job man!.......you are a pacesetter cool cool cool
Re: I Mistakenly Sent 100k To My Girlfriend's Dad Account by Ofadaman(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
Truth is the money is gone for now, he isn't expecting any money,but they need money for something so they saw funds and used it to meet their needs, even the balance you may not get .

I'd advise you give them time to pay.. but where would a pensioners get funds from , it's a pretty bad situation, and you can't involve the police or apply force. It was your mistake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Man Refused To Pay Prostitute For Service After All Night Sex (video) / Sex On The First Date Doesn’t Make You Cheap – Twitter User (photos) / Young Lady Marries Old Man In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.