Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide (74274 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Is My Father - Man Says, Alongside His Mother (Pics, Video) / Muhammad Ahmad Shot Dead In Katsina. Son & Driver Kidnapped / Gbajabiamila’s Security Aide Shoots Newspapers Vendor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by ijustdey: 7:49am On Apr 03, 2021
A member of the House of Representatives, Haruna Maitala, is dead.

A family member confirmed his death to PREMIUM TIMES Saturday morning.

He died in a road accident along Bade-Gitata road Friday night on his way to Jos.

He died alongside his son, driver and security aide, who were all in the vehicle, our source said.

Until his death, he represented Jos North/Bassa federal constituency of Plateau State.

His death comes barely a month after another lawmaker, Yuguda Killa from Jigawa State, passed on.

Mr Maitala is the third federal lawmaker to die this year.

Ten federal lawmakers have died since the inauguration of the ninth assembly in 2019.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/452985-just-in-nigerian-lawmaker-dies-in-road-accident.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Amaechi2023(m): 7:52am On Apr 03, 2021
the percentage at which the elites are dying is almost above the masses.
this should be a warning sign to all other politicians to reconsider humanity once more.

see the way buhari was disrespected in London with British police looking away as though it's no one's business.
imagine a whole country's president.
the only hope they have now is to remain in power cos if they leave power..
they may likely get the ekweremadu treatment abroad and at home the bandits they are overlooking would most likely comeback to bite them..

163 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by yinkus6750(m): 7:53am On Apr 03, 2021
Death through road accidents is getting rampant nowadays.
We need good roads, well secured to enable free movement.
We should always drive with caution and avoid excessive speeding.
I guess this kind of death could be minimised if we all drive with caution.
What a great loss, died with his son and others
May their souls RIP

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by soliddust2020: 8:01am On Apr 03, 2021
RIP to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Nukilia: 8:04am On Apr 03, 2021
Fake news! Lawmakers don't die undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by DEXTROVERT: 8:05am On Apr 03, 2021
They
Dont
Fix
Roads
They
Forget
They
Cant
Fly
Everywhere

130 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by inoki247: 8:06am On Apr 03, 2021
Amaechi2023:
this should be a warning sign to all other politicians to reconsider humanity once more.

see the way buhari was disrespected in London with British police looking away as though it's no one's business.
they may likely get the ekweremadu treatment abroad and at home the bandits they are overlooking would most likely comeback to bite them..

iffa hear u..

Just because they don't announce the death of the masses no mean say dem no dey die...

if we count all the elites wey we know wey don die dis year dem never reach 50 buh in a bus accident alone 18 people dey die at ones, Tanker explosion still dey dere oh nd d death cause by Malaria nd dem Typhoid.....

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Resurrection212: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2021
Amaechi2023:

some of you guys are just commenting based on likes you will got from here not for education purposes. Only a fool will say the way masses are dying in Nigeria was equal with elites. Although the lives of elites are important to many of you guys only this month we know the number of people that got killed in Ebonyi state alone God punish Fulani herdsmen embarassed

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by BetterChurch: 8:20am On Apr 03, 2021
Death
Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by ggood: 8:21am On Apr 03, 2021
The road he refuse to construct

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Amaechi2023(m): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2021
Resurrection212:
some of you guys are just commenting based on likes you will got from here not for education purposes. Only a fool will say the way masses are dying in Nigeria was equal with elites. Although the lives of elites are important to many of you guys only this month we know the number of people that got killed in Ebonyi state alone God punish Fulani herdsmen embarassed
is either your deluded or you hate maths class.
I clearly stated percentage up there your here giving me number of people that died in ebonyi.
when dealing with percentage.
if 20 elites dies is almost as equivalent to 1 million masses depending on the number of elites to masses in the country.
while I may not have accurate data to back up my claim, there's no doubt that the death rates of elites have increased lately.
in previous years, we could go a year without a single elite or atmost 1 or 2 elites dying but 2020/2021 seems to be a different case.

9 Likes

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Resurrection212: 8:30am On Apr 03, 2021
If am there with you I will give you a resounding slap so your brain will restore to factory settling. I hate your moniker and it seems you are still feeding by your parents for you to reason like a man gonna be difficult for you.
Amaechi2023:
is either your deluded or you hate maths class.
I clearly stated percentage up there your here giving me number of people that died in ebonyi.
when dealing with percentage.
if 20 elites dies is almost as equivalent to 1 million masses depending on the number of elites to masses in the country.
while I may not have accurate data to back up my claim, there's no doubt that the death rates of elites have increased lately.
in previous years, we could go a year without a single elite or atmost 1 or 2 elites dying but 2020/2021 seems to be a different case.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Amaechi2023(m): 8:32am On Apr 03, 2021
Resurrection212:
If am there with you I will give you a resounding slap so your brain will restore to factory settling. I hate your moniker and it seems you are still feeding by your parents for you to reason like a man gonna be difficult for you.
you should have just said my moniker is what is blocking your reasoning faculty.
and trust I can bet it, you cant stand next to me as a man..

10 Likes

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Mayng01(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2021
Hmmm! Rip
Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by slivertongue: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2021
sad

this life na wa ooo. after d powers that be took away victory from the people and handed it to this man he finally died. watch what u steal, it cud death. sad

1 Like

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by GOFRONT(m): 9:36am On Apr 03, 2021
Death keep missing target...

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Mkelv0106(m): 11:11am On Apr 03, 2021
A country that you can't go everywhere by Air, neither by Rail, still d roads can't be fixed properly for easy commute, this is what e get...All this politicians think they Prado and Landcruser, Lexus LX 470 SUV's can help them on these roads ABI...Let Dem continue, as d road kills common man, so shall it kill politicians plying it too. Peace

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by orohbiro(f): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2021
If politician provide good roads then accident would be been less rip

1 Like

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by rowosky(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2021
R.I.P
How you were before you were born.
That is how it will be after death.
Nothing
Just void.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Ajibade123(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2021
rip
but how do Buhari survives all this things

4 Likes

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Herbephe1(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by NotNairalandi(m): 11:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Death is inevitable

1 Like

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by bioemmy: 11:13am On Apr 03, 2021
Maybe if the roads were better
Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2021
Death of one mammal is life for another. Let another take his Seat and continue chopping.
We all will also die one dey and become compost manure for the vegetations.
No sentiments!!

1 Like

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by orohbiro(f): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2021
Resurrection212:

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Foolishbuhari: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2021
The roads they refused to fix... Let them continue

2 Likes

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by garfield1: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2021
slivertongue:
sad

this life na wa ooo. after d powers that be took away victory from the people and handed it to this man he finally died. watch what u steal, it cud death. sad

Powers that be how? This man won by popular votes mr

1 Like

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by wolesmile(m): 11:14am On Apr 03, 2021
One way or the other, we all ultimately die. Both the rich and the poor, those governing and the governed.

IKU LOPIN AWA EDA!!

Rest according to your deeds, man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2021
shocked Sad one embarassed
RIP

1 Like

Re: Haruna Maitala Dies In Road Accident Alongside His Son, Driver & Security Aide by MrImole: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2021
Rest in power

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? / Obiano Reacts To Pro-Biafra Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard / 2023: Nairaland Latest Poll For Atiku, Kwankwaso, Peter Obi And Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.