Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,571 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? (457 Views)

Some Men Insist On Making Videos Of A Soldier at a check point (Video/Pic) / Six Policemen Feared Killed As Gunmen Attack Enugu Police Check Point / India, Israel, Nigeria Are Trump’s Strongholds - Survey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:02am On Apr 03, 2021
To breathe. Right now, it's almost impossible for our people to do so in peace. The southern Nigerian mostly the youth are tough and hardworking; despite all we're made to face daily, we try to move forward without despair. Necessities folks our age get for free in other countries are unfamiliar to us; we make bread from stone and find reasons to smile as we do so. As if that isn't enough, the police and military make matters even more difficult for us with illegal arrests, extortion, and even murder.

Apart from the useless so-called leaders, I can't think of one Southern Nigerian family that has not been maltreated in some way by the same police and military who vowed to protect them. Travelling through southern Nigeria is a nightmare with men in uniform. Are we at war with the Nigerian Government? I am tempted to believe that we are a conquered zone. It is an insult to us when we are the Zone feeding this dying nation.

In Nigeria, as a southern Nigerian, nothing could be more frightening than driving through police and military checkpoint--our men in uniform treat fellow countrymen like common criminals. Meeting the needs of the average Nigerian police and the military men are insurmountable-- You can't tell if they need money, more money, your freedom, or even your life. Sad, but it's the reality many southern Nigerians face daily.

Whether we're guilty or innocent, it's not much of their concern; if they are interested in you, if they see that you appear rich based on your possessions, you will have to pay them to regain your freedom. I know so many time I have to intervene to release the innocent person in the hands of men that supposed to protect us. This got to stop. Why is the Federal Government intimidating us, provoke violence in our cities?

The only way evil could strive is to keep it in the dark and for good men to do nothing. It could be my turn tomorrow or my family member. There must be an end to police and military brutality in Southern Nigeria.
I have been to some cities in the Northern part of the country and I hardly see police checkpoints. Don't forget that Northern Nigeria is heaven for Boko haram and Bandits (Federal government boys). The Federal Government are not intimidating Nigerian in the North. The big question is why Southern Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by Soolmus: 8:06am On Apr 03, 2021
Only issue I see here is extortion or bribery,

South needs far more security to keep bandits out so that we won't start having massive students kidnap
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:48am On Apr 03, 2021
Soolmus:
Only issue I see here is extortion or bribery,

South needs far more security to keep bandits out so that we won't start having massive students kidnap
Good point.

Besides let's not forget that they are trying to prevent another ENDSARS
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:51am On Apr 03, 2021
Soolmus:
the Only issue I see here is extortion or bribery,

That is the Issue, they are not protecting us rather, they are killing, extorting and making life unbearable. You need to stay in the South-South or East to understand what they are going through.
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:52am On Apr 03, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
Good point.

Besides let's not forget that they are trying to prevent another ENDSARS
By Treating us as common criminals?
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by mamaafrik(m): 8:54am On Apr 03, 2021
They need to be flushed out..
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 03, 2021
soldiers not police o now collect 4liters of petrol from each tanker driver in the auchi boundary at okene

It is causing unnecessary traffic there ontop the pot holes
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2021
Mikehot:
soldiers not police o now collect 4liters of petrol from each tanker driver in the auchi boundary at okene

If you can take a photo of it without endangering your life. It will be nice we post it on every social media and shame those good for nothing scum.

1 Like

Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2021
mamaafrik:
They need to be flushed out.
, Federal Government will bring more of their attacking dogs to the South. I wonder what our rubber stamp Senators are doing? Oh, it has nothing to do with their take home.
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2021
Mikehot:

Someone once told me this but I didn't believe. I think is time for us to take steps on this. There was a day I wanted to drive to Akure from ibadan. Men I got tired of the journey cause of the numerous police checkpoint on the road. If I calculate am, I go use more than 1hrs 30mins for all the police checkpoint combine.
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 03, 2021
sirjamesjnr:
If you can take a photo of it without endangering your life. It will be nice we post it on every social media and shame those good for nothing scum.
That is if i can still get on that road again

Because i follow there to abuja, and we know what Herdsmen and bandits are now doing in that route
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Someone once told me this but I didn't believe. I think is time for us to take steps on this. There was a day I wanted to drive to Akure from ibadan. Men I got tired of the journey cause of the numerous police checkpoint on the road. If I calculate am, I go use more than 1hrs 30mins for all the police checkpoint combine.
it's very true, the tanker drivers have it all saved before they reach checkpoint

For the check point, i was the one sympathizing with drivers when i saw how much they give at every checkpoint

It's like they do the business for police rather than themselves
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by edochie12: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2021
In the East especially anambra state now,there is no police check point except the roads that were blocked by Navy personnels,but as for extortions,I haven't seen any.
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by Modphase: 9:38am On Apr 03, 2021
Na Tinubu put am there now

sirjamesjnr:

Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
, Sometime last year, on my going to PH, I couldn't bear the numerous checkpoint. I have to ask the police officer if there is a war in South East. Clearly, they are provoking the youth of that area.
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
Mikehot:
it's very true, the tanker drivers have it all saved before they reach checkpoint

For the check point, i was the one sympathizing with drivers when i saw how much they give at every checkpoint

It's like they do the business for police rather than themselves
The most painful part is that violence is like no man business in the North but you won't see any police checkpoint. Why is the Federal government treating us like criminals? Do I have to ask myself why can't we have a southern as EFCC chairman?
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
edochie12:
In the East especially anambra state now,there is no police check point except the roads that were blocked by Navy personnels,but as for extortions,I haven't seen any.
30k from this government won't solve your problem. When it happens to your family member, please still support the governement.
Re: Why So Many Check Point In Southern Nigeria, Are We In A State Of War? by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2021
[quote author=Modphase post=100443945]Na Tinubu put am there now. This Issue affects all the South. We have to stand with one voice or they weakened and then deal with us.

(1) (Reply)

APC National Leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Speak About Current Situation In Nigeria / Next President Of Nigeria / Insecurity: Don’t Taste Wrath Of Igbos – Ohanaeze Warns Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.