Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? (370 Views)

What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) / Why Do Christians Go To Church On Sunday And Not The Sabbath(Saturday) Day / Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by ogtechinc(m): 8:23am On Apr 03, 2021
When really is the Sabbath and would it be considered a sin if I don't observe it?
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2021
Sabbath is Saturday. The last day of the week.

1 Like

Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by advanceDNA: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2021
Eze 20v12:
And I gave them my Sabbath day of rest as a sign between them and me. It was to remind them that I am the LORD, who had set them apart to be holy.

1 Like

Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by ogtechinc(m): 8:39am On Apr 03, 2021
advanceDNA:

Eze 20v12:
And I gave them my Sabbath day of rest as a sign between them and me. It was to remind them that I am the LORD, who had set them apart to be holy.

Are we obligated to observe today too? And when exactly is Sabbath
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2021
Anyway, sha observe one Rada than play football game or engage in rubbish

Hey, check my online store for juicy stuff. Link is on my signature
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by ogtechinc(m): 8:58am On Apr 03, 2021
paulemmy19:
Sabbath is Saturday. The last day of the week.

In 321 C.E Constantine decreed Sunday to be a day of Rest...
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by DappaD: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2021
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by dappa71: 9:10am On Apr 03, 2021
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by MightySparrow: 10:17am On Apr 03, 2021
There is no compulsion in days of worship for Christians. Some people may argue this,but the scriptures are clear. Those that are rigidly adhere to Saturday or Sunday are either obeying tradition or or the Law.
They don't make NT scriptural sense.

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Romans 14: 5 - 6

If you are in Saudi or any Islamic nations and they don't give respect for Saturday or Sunday, Won't you worship God if Friday or Wednesday are free for worship? In this time of Grace, I believe the Apostles foresaw and experienced cultural and religious conflicts in their spreading the gospel.

So, it wasn't evidenced that Apostles adhered to Saturday worship.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; Ephesians 2:: 19 - 20
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by Righteousness2(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2021
Whether your Sabbath is Saturday or Sunday, or both, what is Important is that you Serve and Worship GOD in Holiness and Righteousness..
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by advanceDNA: 11:14am On Apr 03, 2021
ogtechinc:

Are we obligated to observe today too? And when exactly is Sabbath

My take on the matter is that God never gave us one day only to be holy... he wants us to be holy on every day...
The Sabbath law isn’t about not going to work and not opening ur shop.... it’s God’s way of symbolizing holiness I.e setting us apart from the world.
You are not obligated to stay at home..however, u are not meant to use it gratify this desires of the flesh either.....like Paul said..don’t use ur freedom in Christ as an opportunity to sin..
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by sonmvayina(m): 11:16am On Apr 03, 2021
The sabbath day blessed by the creator is the last day of the week. İt is a day of REST. Christian choose sunday as the day they worship their god. Two different days for two different purposes....the two of them are holidays...
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by harmargedon: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sabbath is on Saturday, it was moved to Sunday in honor of the Roman sun god.
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
ogtechinc:

In 321 C.E Constantine decreed Sunday to be a day of Rest...
that's true. He made Sunday a rest but didn't alter the Jewish Sabbath day which was Saturday
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by FirstSon01: 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2021
Righteousness2:
Whether your Sabbath is Saturday or Sunday, or both, what is Important is that you Serve and Worship GOD in Holiness and Righteousness..

So god's rule on observing the Sabbath day no longer stands??
Re: Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? by DappaD: 2:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
The Sabbath Day(different from the Sabbath Year) is a day God set aside for the descendants of Abraham i.e. the Israelites to rest from their normal daily activities and routines(Exodus 31:12-17) and pay utmost attention to spiritual matters such as reading and meditating on the Law. Deuteronomy 6:5-7, Joshua 1:8
This was done because God rested from this creative works after the sixth “day”( “day” here implying an unspecified period of time). Genesis 2:2
The Israelites were to treat the Sabbath Day as sacred and holy(Deuteronomy 5:12-14) because anyone who showed contempt for that Day was to be put to death. Numbers 15:32-36

Notwithstanding the Sabbath Day observance was only for the Israelites right up to the time of Jesus who were under the old covenant. Exodus 19:5
But when Jesus instituted a new covenant(Jeremiah 31:31-34, Luke 22:28-30) and sealed that covenant with his death on an upright stake/pole, the Sabbath Day and all the other practices under the old covenant ceased to have any religious significance before God that’s why Paul was inspired by God’s holy spirit to write that we are no longer under the obligation to keep the Sabbath. Colossians 2:13-16

(1) (Reply)

What Is "THE ESSENCE" Of The CHURCH ? / Clean Hands / Prophet Joshua Iginla Blows Hot Against Chris Okotie And All Who Criticise Proph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.