Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? (6110 Views)

Notable signatures of Lugard, Zik, Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Gani, Ojukwu & others / What The Hausa People Like About The Igbos (Video) / I Respect Hausa People But Not Fulani - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 11:44am On Apr 03, 2021
I am sure most Nigerians have related to the Northern Parts of Nigeria as if they are a homogeneous block. Unfortunately the North is not homogeneous
We have
The Kanuri Block
The Fulani Block
The Hausa Block and
The non-Hausa Block.

My observation could be wrong but I feel that the only beneficiaries of proceeds to the North (at least to a large extent) are the Fulani. IS there a TAQQIYYA game planer at work? We've been made to believe in the inseparability of the HAUSA-FULANI people, but is this real? I was checking out the names of Fulani people in Nigerian Government and the list is Endless up till the present dispensation, However, I couldn't find many Hausa people in Government

Here are some lists of notable Hausa Politicians I know
Maitama Sule, Abba Kabir Yusuf, Alhaji Isa Kaita, Kabir Tukur Ibrahim, Mustapha Baba Shehuri,

It is interesting to know that the current CJN of Nigeria Tanko Muhammad is Hausa.

It is easier to see more of Kanuri People in government than even Hausa People. The late Abba Kyrai is a good example.

Hausas have done well however in Business examples are Aliko Dangote and Alhassan Dantata

I strongly want to believe that the Hausa people are deceived because their Fulani brother SPEAK the Hausa language to them and not Fulfude, so they think they are one. The List of Fulani (in government in Nigeria) is endless from
Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Ahmadu Bello, Shehu Shagari , Alhaji Gidado Idris, General Murtala Mohammed, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua , Major General Mohammadu Buhari, Major General Shehu Musa Yar'Adua , Atiku Abubakar , Brigadier General Sa'adu Abubakar , Alhaji Muhammadu Abubakar Rimi , Rabiu Kwankwaso, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje , Alhaji Sule Lamido , Abdullahi Aliyu Sumaila-, Amina J. Mohammed
Mohammed Sanusi Barkindo , Ibrahim Gambari , Alhaji Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari, Lieutenant General Abdulrahman Bello Dambazau , Ibrahim Dasuki , Rilwanu Lukman, Jubril Aminu, Muhammadu Ribadu, Aisha Buhari , Nuhu Ribadu
Tijjani Muhammad-Bande, Aliyu Modibbo Umar, Muhammad Ali Pate, Aminu Kano, Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai, Jelani Aliyu, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu
Bala Mohammed ,

I have tried to omit names of Emirs (who are almost all Fulani). Most of our Northern Ministers and Governors are Fulani
Where are the notable Hausa People in Government?
Are the Hausa people a minority tribe in the Northern Nigeria?

This is my personal opinion please!

Seun , Lalasticlala , this question need to be answered by a larger audience

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Sufferingboy(f): 12:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
Good one,but the late abba kyari is not kanuri but shuwa arab.
He is a shuwa arab man.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by obiekunie2: 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2021
the dangotes are purebred fulanis.

there is literally no Hausa in any top government position - they are all taken by fulanis.

that's how self-centered the fulanis are.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by ThumbzTNA(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
How true is this shocked
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Tofax: 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Most notable Northern Politicians,Emirs, Business Men are Fulani. But due to the fact that they bear a common name & speak Hausa as a common language with the Hausas, The Hausas thought they are all Hausas but the Fulanis knows the difference & they sometime hid their Fulani native name.
Most Hausas don't even know that their leaders they see as Hausas are actually Fulani but married to Hausa women.

The current CJN of Nigeria, Tanko Muhammad is not Hausa but Fulani.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
The picture painted by the Northerners is not what is on ground in the Northern part of Zoogeria.
For instance, the Hausas and the Fulanis live separately.
There is always a partition between the Hausa's and Fulanis's settlement.
The general language is Hausa. 90% of Hausa people cannot speak Fulfude.
98% of Fulanis can speak Hausa language.
Islam brought them together.
Almost all the village heads or chiefs are Fulanis
The Hausas are farmers while the Fulanis are herders. There is a strong mutual respect .
Most of the gangsters are hausas.
The Fulanis do not do almajiris
The Fulani women are the sellers of fura de nunu which the majority hausas enjoy the most.
They do have Farmers-herders clashes but not at the magnitude that is being perpetrated in Southern part of Zoogeria.
The Fulanis tame the hausas completely the same way they have been taming Nigeria.
The Fulanis like to live in secluded area while the hausas prefer the open settlement.
The dream of every educated Fulanis is to be in position of power.
They believe in the popular born to rule agenda of their progenitors from guinea's Futajalon.
It is difficult to observe the wide gap between the hausas and Fulanis in the city.
However, if you are lucky to visit the villages in Kano, you will see it all.
I have been to most of the glorified villages called local government in Kano.
From Karaye, gwarzo, rano, dela, taraoni, bebeji, bichi,kura, tofa, Garun mallam, kwankwaso, gezewa, rogo, dawakin kudu, dawakin tofa
I can beat my chest that I had been opportuned to travel all the LGs in Kano.
It is the real scam of the republic.
Every 10 to 15 villages is a local government.
Most of the rich fabric sellers in Kantin Kwari Market are Fulanis from Niger and Chad. They are the progenitors of Major Buhari.
The question, I never got an answer for in my years of sojourning in Nigeria. Why would a Christian nation (Britain) that brought Christianity to the people of Southern Nigerian sold the people that accepted Christianity into slavery by handing over the governance of Nigeria to the Fulanis jihadist from Futajalon?
The repercussions are what our generation is suffering today.
Every government apparatus in Nigeria has been Fulanilised.
NLNG in Bonny Island belongs to the Fulanis.
NNPC is their cash cow and footstool.
NPA is their cashcowh
Nig Army , NN, NAF belong to them
Nigeria customs is theirs
Nig immigration is no going area for the Southerners.
They head all the intern. Airports
They have taken over all the Ministries.
All agencies and parastatals are headed by the Fulanis.
Now, they insist that the Southerners must not farm again.
No one is sure of tmao, dz Fulani empire will surely crumble.

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by orisa37: 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
It's been a long time since USMAN Dan Fodio. All the Hausas in the North have been bleeped off.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:
Good one,but the late abba kyari is not kanuri but shuwa arab.
He is a shuwa arab man.
Thanks for the correction. I've always thought he was Kanuri. The important thing is that he is NOT Hausa!

Where ae the successful Hausa politicians?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
obiekunie2:
the dangotes are purebred fulanis.

there is literally no Hausa in any top government position - they are all taken by fulanis.

that's how self-centered the fulanis are.
Danagote is not Fulani but like his grand father he was Hausa.

My question is, Where are the Hausa Politicians. Dont they exist?
Governors, Ministers and Technocrats: I wish Hausas on Nairaland can correct this ugly narrative.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
How true is this shocked
Hausa people know themselves and they are on Nairaland. They should be able to answer this question. Else it means that they have been thoroughly deceived by their Emirs!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2021
Tofax:
Most notable Northern Politicians,Emirs, Business Men are Fulani. But due to the fact that they bear a common name & speak Hausa as a common language with the Hausas, The Hausas thought they are all Hausas but the Fulanis knows the difference & they sometime hid their Fulani native name.
Most Hausas don't even know that their leaders they see as Hausas are actually Fulani but married to Hausa women.

The current CJN of Nigeria, Tanko Muhammad is not Hausa but Fulani.
Thanks for the correction: This is getting serious.

Does no one really know purebred Hausa people in government?

By now, we should be getting names of Hausa people in government not subtraction of people perceived as Hausa but are Fulani.

Even Google refused to cooperate with this search for an answer!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Sufferingboy(f): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

Thanks for the correction. I've always thought he was Kanuri. The important thing is that he is NOT Hausa!

Where ae the successful Hausa politicians?
Rabiu kwankwoso of kano state is a hausa man.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by okeyglm: 9:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
Leggitsam:
The picture painted by the Northerners is not what is on ground in the Northern part of Zoogeria.
The Hausas are farmers while the Fulanis are herders. There is a strong mutual respect .
The Fulani women are the sellers of fura de nunu which the majority hausas enjoy the most.
They do have Farmers-herders clashes but not at the magnitude that is being perpetrated in Southern part of Zoogeria.
The Fulanis tame the hausas completely the same way they have been taming Nigeria.
The Fulanis like to live in secluded area while the hausas prefer the open settlement.
They believe in the popular born to rule agenda of their progenitors from guinea's Futajalon.
It is difficult to observe the wide gap between the hausas and Fulanis in the city.
From Karaye, gwarzo, rano, dela, taraoni, bebeji, bichi,kura, tofa, Garun mallam, kwankwaso, gezewa, rogo, dawakin kudu, dawakin tofa
Most of the rich fabric sellers in Kantin Kwari Market are Fulanis from Niger and Chad. They are the progenitors of Major Buhari.
The question, I never got an answer for in my years of sojourning in Nigeria. Why would a Christian nation (Britain) that brought Christianity to the people of Southern Nigerian sold the people that accepted Christianity into slavery by handing over the governance of Nigeria to the Fulanis jihadist from Futajalon?
NPA is their cashcowh

point of correction we Christians are not slaves to fulani. our problem is lack of unity. The day we will unite. Africa can never be the same again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
Leggitsam:
Is it too late for the Hausa people to take back their kingdom from the Fulani?
How did this totoal take over go on un-noticed for so long a time.
I know that the City Fulani are highly educated, I dont know of the Hausa people. Was the game plan to keep them ignorant?

Leggitsam:

I have always believed in the so-called Hausa-Fulani ethnicity until Buhari took over and the nepotism became very obvious. How are we sure its not the same strategy they are trying to use on Nigeria as a whole. The city Fulani in my opinion is extremely selfish and is only driven by power and wealth. I noticed that most of the cattle herders are uneducated and that most of their cows actually dont belong to them but to some powerful Fulani men who lives in the city.

Leggitsam:

NPA is their cashcowh

For the Fulani Empire in Nigeria to crumble, the Hausa people must first wake up. They have been completely silenced. People from Futajalon with no land and no kingdom came to them, gave them the quran and took over their leadership. The same is happening in Ilorin.

The greed of the British empire actually solidified the grasp of the Fulani over Nigeria. The British taught that they can easly rule Nigeria by ruling the sultan of sokoto (ant that would have been true) except that Nigeria is a little volatile for such. Until the Crude Oil dries up, the Fulani will not leave Nigeria alone. Imagine Buhari extending a railway from Nigeria to Niger republic: for what sinister purpose!?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
orisa37:
It's been a long time since USMAN Dan Fodio. All the Hausas in the North have been bleeped off.
I think this is a very serious matter.

In the name of Allah, the Fulani seemed to have played a fast one on the Hausa people. Is their any hope for them?

The voting population in the north still remain the Hausa as the Fulani are not even close in number to the Hausa by population.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Rabiu kwankwoso of kano state is a hausa man.
I think I mentioned his name in my writeup. But is it not a concern that the assumed symbiotic relationship between Hausa and Fulani seem purely parasitic?
We should be able to blurt out 20 Hausa people in Government without pausing to think all the way to independence.

Are we sure the Fulani are not using exactly the same tactics on especially Yoruba people who have are about 50% Moslems?
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
okeyglm:
point of correction we Christians are not slaves to fulani. our problem is lack of unity. The day we will unite. Africa can never be the same again
I agree with you that you are no slave to the Fulani BUT you are not in politics. Also, your fellow Hausa will rather vote for a Fulani because the Emir (who is Fulani) tell them who to vote for. Also, as a Christian Hausa person, you are a minority even though far much more educated.

For me, this situation is a real worrisome one to just accept as defacto standard!

WHo is going to organise a rallying point.

Where is your Sunday Igboho?
Where is your Nnamdi Kalu?

When will the scale fall off your peoples eyes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Starcrest1: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nawa o. See confusion everywhere nobody knows who the Hausas are again. That Hausa-fulani tag shouldn't stand unless the Hausas want to be annihilated.

In Africa, we run a patriarchy system so no matter who your mother is, you belong to your father's tribe eg the Adelekes, Yemi Alade etc. Any body born to an Hausa man should be an Hausa person. It seems the Hausas have let go of this practice while the Fulanis still hold onto it; that's going to be their greatest undoing because while they are going about with the Hausa-Fulani tag, the Fulanis know that anybody born to a fulani man (even if the mother is Hausa or kanuri or whatever) remains a Fulani person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Exmilitant(m): 9:58pm On Apr 03, 2021
E no concern me. I am Ikwerre. I am only worried about the incursion of the Igbos in Portharcourt. They want to use the Fulani method on us. But God pass them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by orisa37: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

I think this is a very serious matter.

In the name of Allah, the Fulani seemed to have played a fast one on the Hausa people. Is their any hope for them?

The voting population in the north still remain the Hausa as the Fulani are not even close in number to the Hausa by population.

HAUSAS ARE ENDANGERED SPECIES IN NIGERIA. INFACT, THEY'RE NO MORE. MOST ILORIN AND IBADAN PEOPLE ARE YORUBA FULANIS. IT'S JUST THAT WE DON'T WANT MACBAN TO BE STANDOFFISH ABOUT THIS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
orisa37:

HAUSAS ARE ENDANGERED SPECIES IN NIGERIA. INFACT, THEY'RE NO MORE. MOST ILORIN AND IBADAN PEOPLE ARE YORUBA FULANIS. IT'S JUST THAT WE DON'T WANT MACBAN TO BE STANDOFFISH ABOUT THIS.
But by population, the Hausa or the Ilorin Yoruba are the majority. They just seem blind and dominated. They seem to have accepted the defacto as something ordained by Allah! The Jazz seem so powerful.

May we not become pet chicken who thinks it's part of the family!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 10:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
Starcrest1:
Nawa o. See confusion everywhere nobody knows who the Hausas are again. That Hausa-fulani tag shouldn't stand unless the Hausas want to be annihilated.

In Africa, we run a patriarchy system so no matter who your mother is, you belong to your father's tribe eg the Adelekes, Yemi Alade etc. Any body born to an Hausa man should be an Hausa person. It seems the Hausas have let go of this practice while the Fulanis still hold onto it; that's going to be their greatest undoing because while they are going about with the Hausa-Fulani tag, the Fulanis know that anybody born to a fulani man (even if the mother is Hausa or kanuri or whatever) remains a Fulani person.
Yes o!
It looks like while the Fulani know who they are, they brandish the Hausa-Fulani tag to the unsuspecting and naive Hausa people. And probably because of religion, the Hausa sold themselves over to their IMAMS just like some Christian sell off themselves to their GO.

Who can defend the Hausa?
How can they wake up from their slumber and deep HYPNOSIS!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
Exmilitant:
E no concern me. I am Ikwerre. I am only worried about the incursion of the Igbos in Portharcourt. They want to use the Fulani method on us. But God pass them.
My brother, the thing concern you o!

As long as the Hausa people are prisoner to the Fulani hypnosis, they will continue to vote for them in Nigerian elections and they will continue to take your oilwells for themselves.

How many Niger Delta people did Buhari appoint in his government?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

Hausa people know themselves and they are on Nairaland. They should be able to answer this question. Else it means that they have been thoroughly deceived by their Emirs!
All the Emirs are Fulani.
Few chiefs or village heads are hausa.
They are subject to the Emirs.
Fulani can marry hausa women at will, but it is extremely difficult for a hausa man to marry a Fulani woman.
The hausas are extremely poor at the grassroots
They are the willing tools in the hands of the Fulanis.

9 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

Yes o!
It looks like while the Fulani know who they are, they brandish the Hausa-Fulani tag to the unsuspecting and naive Hausa people. And probably because of religion, the Hausa sold themselves over to their IMAMS just like some Christian sell off themselves to their GO.

Who can defend the Hausa?
How can they wake up from their slumber and deep HYPNOSIS!

It is too late for the hausas.
The degreee of intermarriage between the Fulani males and hausa females is 95% compared with 5% for hausa males and Fulani women.
The Hausas have been totally subdued.
They respect the Fulanis a lot.
The irony of dz whole thing is that the Hausas are more religious than the Fulanis at the grassroots.
Most of the mosques and prayers are called by the Hausas.
It is amazing to see a degreee of peaceful coexistence between the Fulanis and the conquered hausas.
The hausas are real hustlers. Some of them are into viewing centre biz, recharge card vendor, bike hailing biz, petty trading etc
The fulanis are so secretive and Noone can truly predicts their nxt action.

9 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by tishbite41(m): 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
Hausas are slaves forever.

6 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
Leggitsam:

They have been subdued
Is it impossible for outside help to come from somewhere?

Knowledge sets free; you know!

Perhaps this kind of knowledge will open their eyes to the truth that they are slaves in their own fatherland

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 03, 2021
tishbite41:
Without fear or seeking for a favour, I agree with you 100%. They are foreverly slaves in their land.
The hausas are really interesting people to deal with. They love foreigners compared with the secretive Fulanis that tends to leave in isolation.
It amazes me how the hausas defend the Fulanis.

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 11:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
Leggitsam:

All the Emirs are Fulani.
Few chiefs or village heads are hausa.
They are subject to the Emirs.
Fulani can marry hausa women at will, but it is extremely difficult for a hausa man to marry a Fulani woman.
The hausas are extremely poor at the grassroots
They are the willing tools in the hands of the Fulanis.
Perhaps the Hausa people don't know that they've been deceived.
I still wonder how a people can enjoy being dominated by outsiders.

This deception is not ordinary Walahi!

If this is true that Fulani can marry hausa women at will, but it is extremely difficult for a hausa man to marry a Fulani woman., then there exist a CASTE system and Hausa people are docile. Too docile!!

Unfortunately, na them dey quick remove knife to fight for Allah

2 Likes

Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
Leggitsam:

The degreee of intermarriage between the Fulani males and hausa females is 95% compared with 5% for hausa males and Fulani women.
The Hausas have been totally subdued.
They respect the Fulanis a lot.
The irony of dz whole thing is that the Hausas are more religious than the Fulanis at the grassroots.
Most of the mosques and prayers are called by the Hausas.
It is amazing to see a degreee of peaceful coexistence between the Fulanis and the conquered hausas.
The hausas are real hustlers. Some of them are into viewing centre biz, recharge card vendor, bike hailing biz, petty trading etc
The fulanis are so secretive and Noone can truly predicts their nxt action.

Its honestly so sad!
I am not sure the Hausa people are looking forward to liberty someday.

It seems they have been reduced to the level of obedient PET!
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 11:36pm On Apr 03, 2021
tishbite41:
So so sad dear!

I hope Hausa people on NL are reading this!
Their Taqqiya has been concluded!

The next on the agenda is the Yoruba people and Nigeria as a whole!
Re: Where Are The Notable Hausa People In Nigerian Politics? by shadeyinka(m): 11:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
Leggitsam:
Without fear or seeking for a favour, I agree with you 100%. They are foreverly slaves in their land.
The hausas are really interesting people to deal with. They love foreigners compared with the secretive Fulanis that tends to leave in isolation.
It amazes me how the hausas defend the Fulanis.
Perhaps its due to their general lack of western education and simplicity.
The Alimajiri system has made them slaves of whoever can feed them.

So sad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buni May Head APC Convention As Uncertainty Surrounds Zoning / Sit At Home Unknown Gunmen Kills Three Travelers GRAPHIC PICS / Nigeria @ 58: Ugwuanyi Salutes Buhari, Pays Tribute To Nation’s Founding Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.