Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,410 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin (44847 Views)

Tinubu On A Condolence Visit To Josephine Okei-Odumakin, Wife Of Yinka Odumakin / Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / Yinka Odumakin: Boko Haram Can Invite El-Rufai To Their AGM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by hush15: 5:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
JidennaJason:
embarassed

I guess one bullion van ambassador is feeling happy to hear about the passing away of one of his major tormentors.

Sleep in Heavenly peace sir, we will continue to torment them till our dying days.

Adieu to a good man, a far more better leader and elder statesman than that frog looking weed that almost tripped out of weed overdose....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by nedekid: 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
Asgard13:
Hope Yoruba will take care of his family.. he was on the side of the people.
No just Yoruba, igbos too, afterall, the man was a detribalised Nigerian.
Are you not aware that Dr Joe odumakin, his wife (chief mourner) is an igbo woman?

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by ScamHunter: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2021
A great man indeed. One of the rare ones that stood for truth, equity and justice...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by ScamHunter: 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
nedekid:

Are you not aware that Dr Joe odumakin, his wife (chief morner) is an igbo woman?

Hmmm... I won't be surprised. That man was so forthright. Not the normal doublespeak type.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by airsaylongcome: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2021
Iamdemola1:

The last of vocal Afenifere , so sad

Definitely the last of the greats. Criticised both sides when they stepped out of line. Not one of my favourites but I will always hold him in high esteem

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by hardbody: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Na wa oo..why are good men dying easilyy

One reason I am learning how to be bad. The good ones are really dying quite early and fast. I want to stop being good.
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by ScamHunter: 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2021
hollah123:
so anyone in PDP is on the side of the people?

I guess Wike is on the side of the people for launching security outfit to deal with ESN?

You're wrong. It's not about party because I didn't even know which party he belonged to. It's about standing for the truth. When we die, that's what counts - our work.
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by PaChukwudi44(m): 5:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
Basic123:
I actually wish he is alive to witness Tinubu presidency.

PDP lapdog

may his soul rest in perfect peace
I doubt Tinubu himself will be alive to witness his mirage of a presidency
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by Basic123: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
PaChukwudi44:

I doubt Tinubu himself will be alive to witness his mirage of a presidency
Well I wish they are both alive.

I wish you are alive to witness your mirage of wish too grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by Basic123: 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
ScamHunter:

You're wrong. It's not about party because I didn't even know which party he belonged to. It's about standing for the truth. When we die, that's what counts - our work.
what truth did he stand for?
he only stood for where money is

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by frowland(m): 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
BluDesk:

Smiles. Speak with prude. No worry, see your death for front. Oponu Ayeraye

Death comes to anyone without notice. Who would have bet that Yinka will die before Buhari based on the hatred and wishes I read on here daily? Reason I am always not part of those who wish people death for whatever reason. I even wondered how he felt when Abba kyari or Buruji died of same illness (Such is life).

Anyway, rest in peace to the dead. As the north always say “Now His Watch Have Ended”.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by hollah123: 6:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
ScamHunter:

which truth did he stand for bro?
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by Qoko: 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
Can we the strong mouthpiece of Afenifere like uncle Yinka Odu, No, I don’t think so. Rest on
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by frowland(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
ScamHunter:

Being the voice of the ‘opposition’ doesn’t necessarily mean he was on the side of truth. Those on the other side of the divide might see his submissions questionable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by knowledgeable: 6:12pm On Apr 03, 2021
Iamdemola1:
Earlier thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6489628/yinka-odumakin-dead

https://thenationonlineng.net/a-part-of-me-is-gone-says-odumakins-wife/

Igbo wife calling a Yoruba husband a soul mate, a friend etc..... lesson: Love is God.

Yoruba women, can you call your Igbo husband, soul mate, friend etc?..

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by poseidon12: 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2021
A strong advocate for good governance, justice and equity. A strong voice for true democracy in Nigeria. May God almighty bless your gentle soul.
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by CSTRR: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
kalu61:
You are sufferring from Tinubuphobia. You need help.
Every sane Nigerian should suffer from tinubuphobia.

Especially at this time when the nation's resources is lean.
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by Myself2(m): 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
Hmmm, LASUTH
I smell a rat....
Who controls. LASUTH, is it Lagos state government ?
Okay who controls Lagos state government, oya conspiracy theorists over to you
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by TexasR: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
JidennaJason:
embarassed

I guess one bullion van ambassador is feeling happy to hear about the passing away of one of his major tormentor.

Sleep in Heavenly peace sir, we will continue to torment them till our dying days.

Let the criminal bullion van baboon feel happy all he likes, heart ache awaits him

Everyday for the thief, one day is for the owner of the house
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by kayusely70(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
Omoboricash:

Don't say what you don't know
TINUBU SAVED YINKA ODUMAKIN's LIFE – Ayo Opadokun
Posted on March 21, 2019 by Top Celebrities Magazine 108 views

Elder statesman and Afenifere chieftain, Chief Ayo Opadokun has revealed how Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu saved Yinka Odumakin’s life…

“When I say he is an ingrate, I must substantiate it. People like me don’t just speak without facts. When he started coming to me, one day he came with his left hand very heavy. And he told me that he and his wife bought a land somewhere and they went there for inspection. It was after visiting the land that his hand started swelling up.”

“He said he had visited surgeons both in UCH and in UNILAG, but they were yet to give him a date when the hand will be operated upon. Meanwhile, somebody introduced a magnetherapist to Odumakin in Ijebu- Ode. So, he went there and had to be in that place for about three months. I will still go there to visit him and give him money.”

“Somehow, he returned from that place, but the hand did not heal up. He came to my house. About two hours after he came, that arm broke apart, blood was gushing out in large quantity. The blood that came out of Odumakin that day was more than a gallon. My steward Segun was there and he is still with me today to corroborate my claim. If not for Segun’s courage that night, it was going to be difficult for me in that house. The bloodstain was just so much.”

“Even Odumakin himself had been totally soaked in his own blood. With God’s help, we managed to contain the situation that day because with the amount of blood he lost, what would I have said if he had died at my place?”

“A week after, his wife Joe Okei-Odumakin called me that that hand had started issuing out odour and that it was becoming problematic in their home. She also told me that the magnetherapist in Ijebu-Ode had recommended that if they could visit India, perhaps the unorthodox practitioners might be able to do something about it.”

“Then I was still in Obanikoro and there was no mobile telephone like we have now. I had to send this gentleman here, Comrade Popoola Ajayi to go to Odumakin’s place and give him a letter because immediately after my discussion with the wife, I called then Governor of Lagos, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and discussed the whole issue with him. He then told me that if that was what I wanted to take care of Odumakin’s hand, I should ask him to write a letter to that effect in request. So, Popoola took the letter to his house.”

“Now, the wife wrote the request letter and went to the governor’s office but they won’t allow her to see the governor. So, when she called me from the governor’s office, I had to talk to the ADC that I have already spoken to Tinubu over the matter, so she should be allowed in. And that was exactly what they did. You can also confirm from the wife if I lied on this.”

“Immediately, she came in, Governor Tinubu invited his Commissioner for Health and his Commissioner for Finance to go and do whatever they had to do in order to get both Odumakin and his wife visa and other necessary things needed for them to visit India.”

“I was told by the magnetherapist that they will nothing less than N2million for the whole treatment. And that was exactly what Governor Tinubu did and Odumakin travelled a week thereafter. He was the one who told me his experience in India that out of the five doctors, it was only one that said let them open the hand first.”

“The other doctors were asking the wife to sign that they will need to amputate the hand. But one of them insisted that they should first of all open the hand, perhaps maybe not all the two bones had been affected.”

“Fortunately for him, only one of the bones had been affected and the surgery was successfully carried out and the hand was not amputated. That is why till today, he cannot stretch the hand. But what do we see today? There are no evil things Odumakin cannot say about Tinubu and Opadokun. Let his conscience be the judge as he is reading this. Do we deserve such from such a man? That is to show how ungrateful and mercenary that young man is.”

That's human being for you.
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by Buharidgeneral: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
nedekid:

Are you not aware that Dr Joe odumakin, his wife (chief morner) is an igbo woman?

I think she is from Bayelsa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by ScamHunter: 6:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Basic123:

what truth did he stand for?
he only stood for where money is

Didn't know PDP has more money than APC ...
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by Buharidgeneral: 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
Good nite sir. Rest on
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by ScamHunter: 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
frowland:

Being the voice of the ‘opposition’ doesn’t necessarily mean he was on the side of truth. Those on the other side of the divide might see his submissions questionable.
More of voice of the oppressed, I think...
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by ScamHunter: 6:42pm On Apr 03, 2021
hollah123:
which truth did he stand for bro?

At least I know that he stood firmly against Fulani oppression of Yoruba, his people. That is just one truth.
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by Basic123: 6:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
ScamHunter:

Didn't know PDP has more money than APC ...
yes!
As at when she ported in 2015 and he has been loyal to GEJ dollar since then

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by ScamHunter: 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
[quote author=Basic123 post=100458439]
yes!

As at when she ported in 2015 and he has been
loyal
to GEJ dollar since then

That is phenomenal. A loyal soul you say. Others are jumping to where the bread is buttered fresh but this guy remained loyal to his conscience. My respect for him just increased. Not even APC dollar could buy his conscience.
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by joefelin2345: 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
kayusely70:
That's human being for you.
I begii what is that is human being for you suppose to mean? Does that mean that if I assisted you once upon a time, you should not advice me when I may be going astray? Does Tinubu himself not betray the AD that gave the the Lagos Governorship slot instead of Late Funso Williams that actually won the Party's primary election which result was unilaterally overturned by Pa Ayo Adenanjo who was then the Electoral Committee Chairman then. (Google Pa Adebanjo's recent interview in Punch Newspaper? What about the disgrace that Jagaban also meted on Mama Kofoworola Bucknor who incidentally co-registered AD with Chief Bola Ige of blessed memory. Nigerian politics has always being like that from time immemorial and it is a confirmation of Adam Smith's theory of ...Self interest & nothing else.
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by viyon02: 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
Basic123:
I actually wish he is alive to witness Tinubu presidency.

PDP lapdog

may his soul rest in perfect peace
You think so? Karma will soon catch up with him
Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by nedekid: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
Buharidgeneral:

I think she is from Bayelsa
Oh ok. Her full names are Josephine Obiajulu Okei-Odumakin.
So I assume she is igbo or mixed.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: How Yinka Odumakin Died - Wife, Dr. Josephine Okei-Odumakin by Gbogbowa: 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2021
Don't attend Lagos hospital if you are against that man that love position more than his people,ash odumakin we pain me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri's Encounter With Pro-Biafrans In Toronto (Pictures) / Obasanjo Registers As Member Of Coalition Of Nigeria Movement / P&ID: The 3 Ex-Government Officials ‘Who Almost Got Nigeria Into $11b Debt’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.