Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,698 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe (63421 Views)

Innoson Replies Critics, Says "Rome Was Not Built In A Day" (photos) / Moment Massive Flooding Almost Sweeps Away A Truck / See Hilarious Warning Written On A Truck In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Teedautoparts: 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2021
We see trucks everyday, but do you know that you can actually differentiate between a truck built for the American market and that built for Europe? grin

Yes, you can even without knowing about Trucks.

The difference is in the design of THE CABIN.

The two pictures above shows the same carmaker (Volvo) with two different designs of trucks. The first picture shows a truck that is made for the American market, and the other shows a truck made for the European market.

In the American made designs, the Cabin is behind the engine

In the European designs, the Cabin is on top of the engine

164 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by BluDesk: 3:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
Following. Post pictures

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Kewtt: 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2021
Following...my mechanic diportivo doesn't know the difference too

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Shellsploit: 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
Those trucks posted above reminds me of my favorite PC game.. "America & Euro truck simulator" Peterbilt, Kenworth etc..

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Teedautoparts: 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2021

One good advantage of the American made ones are the fact that they are very roomy..Infact, it's like a one room apartment.. They come with beds (two, in some cases), air conditioning, TV and the current models also come with microwaves too..

Also, in the event of an accident, the engine is first impacted before it gets to the cabin. So, the driver is likely to be protected.

They are very easy to fall in love with sha

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by olukaygold(m): 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
Pls include a Truck built for Nigerians as well grin grin grin

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Teedautoparts: 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2021

For the Europeans, they have a recommended size that a tractor head must have.

One advantage i like about them is that they are easier to park unlike the Americans...Lagos can be congested, and the smaller the head, the better grin

I also don't like them because it doesn't give much free space to work on the engine angry.. Very annoying

Also, in the case of an accident, the driver can be very much affected cry

Okay...At least, we can differentiate between both if we see them

Bye everyone.. grin

261 Likes 16 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Teedautoparts: 3:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
olukaygold:
Pls include a Truck built for Nigerians as well

I really don't know about Innoson, but it would definitely be like the Asian designs which is synonymous to that of Europe

It would look like this

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Teedautoparts: 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
I'd be glad if Lalasticlala pushes this the front page..

Never made it there before grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Starzo: 4:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
olukaygold:

That one nor go get engine o

Na accidents waiting to happen

12 Likes

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by iamyemiakins(m): 4:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
olukaygold:
Right here! grin

612 Likes 32 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by yanabasee1(m): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
With standard to accommodate their lifestyle and their road designs.....

In Nigeria, we drive anything..Whether our roads allow or fits in with the built....

You'll see where someone will be at the back of the truck to be lifting cable wires to enable easy passage....

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by buchi4action(m): 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
Wow, very informative

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by iamyemiakins(m): 11:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
Teedautoparts:
I'd be glad if Lalasticlala pushes this the front page..

Never made it there before grin
Include the source

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by izzou(m): 12:47am On Apr 04, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Include the source
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by udemzyudex(m): 3:56am On Apr 04, 2021
I guess it is because Americans love big cars, so they made the truck bigger too grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:35am On Apr 04, 2021
The most obvious difference is where the engine is.
This is due to length regulations.
In the US the length of the trailer is regulated, whereas in Europe the length of the entire vehicle is regulated.

Bad machines on fleek..... kiss kiss kiss
We are going for some SCANIA soon........

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by blazepascal(m): 7:35am On Apr 04, 2021
nice photos
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Dogalmighty17: 7:36am On Apr 04, 2021
There is also a very pertinent reason why American trucks are designed like they are. Because of how expansive America is. Texas alone is practically the geographic size of Nigeria. It probably takes close to 11 hours of truck driving to move from one end of Texas to another. In that same time period, you will probably transverse several countries in Europe!

Now imagine that truck having to deliver goods across America. The driver has to spend most of his time living in the truck!

349 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Evilgenuis: 7:38am On Apr 04, 2021
grin
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Duplexxx: 7:38am On Apr 04, 2021
What about Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Goahead(m): 7:39am On Apr 04, 2021
You gotta love Americans, they've got taste in everything.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 7:39am On Apr 04, 2021
Teedautoparts:
We see trucks everyday, but do you know that you can actually differentiate between a truck built for the American market and that built for Europe? grin

Yes, you can even without knowing about Trucks.

The difference is in the design of THE CABIN.

The two pictures above shows the same carmaker (Volvo) with two different designs of trucks. The first picture shows a truck that is made for the American market, and the other shows a truck made for the European market.

In the American made designs, the Cabin is behind the engine

In the European designs, the Cabin is on top of the engine

This is totally incorrect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by inoki247: 7:39am On Apr 04, 2021
Everything about Americans is enjoyment nd fun.....

which one is having bedroom in a Truck nd microwave u wan turn Truck to chicken Republic ni or Sheraton Hotel....

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by mountmoriah(m): 7:39am On Apr 04, 2021
blazepascal:
nice photos

Meanwhile I sell hardwoods payment on delivery
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Raxxye(m): 7:39am On Apr 04, 2021
European or American style, Buhari is a failure!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by itumafriday(m): 7:39am On Apr 04, 2021
grin grin
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Jayson504(m): 7:40am On Apr 04, 2021
Hmmm Nice
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by remigiusizunna(m): 7:40am On Apr 04, 2021
What do I know?

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by MackIV(m): 7:41am On Apr 04, 2021
I thought it had to do with Engine power and Trailer Size

But anything American is always big and loud e.g their SUVs

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by oyeb15: 7:41am On Apr 04, 2021
We buy the Europe ones cos of proper visibility since most of our road are face me I face you.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:42am On Apr 04, 2021
To close the first page of this interesting and colourful thread,

Let's give you the Pic life story of........

A 25 Year Old in Europe
A 25 Year Old in America

Can Someone help us with the pic life story of a 25 year old in our darling country Nigeria Please.......... lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed

Happy Easter Y'all!
kiss kiss

26 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / Just Saw A Toyota Ferari In Lagos Street. / Inside Innoson Auto Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.