Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe (63458 Views)

Innoson Replies Critics, Says "Rome Was Not Built In A Day" (photos) / Moment Massive Flooding Almost Sweeps Away A Truck / See Hilarious Warning Written On A Truck In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:07am On Apr 04, 2021
Goat007:
Na ya papa name?

A childish retort cool
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2021
Goat007:
[s][/s]U dey talk of ya papa?

As suspected, zero willpower grin
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by davidque: 10:08am On Apr 04, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Right here! grin
AgbeigiloDo
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:09am On Apr 04, 2021
Goat007:
[s][/s]Trash

Yet you responded grin
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:10am On Apr 04, 2021
vioment:

I didn't see your post, but if that is what you wrote, then we similar in opinion.

I differ in Japanese cars being about safety and efficiency over other cars since 2012, I just think the Japanese cars have a better suspension system and built better as an economy car , but others are catching up.

Japan is catching up to american cars in pick up trucks, and off road cars now, it has been the same or better than American types.

That’s the beauty of opinion. We all have our own and we should respect it.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:11am On Apr 04, 2021
fabinfos:

I wasn’t seeking education from you...

You made a claim you can’t defend...this doesn’t Mean the claim is wrong, but proves you as shallow..

Good at criticism without solution or reason.

This same energy could have been used to educate yourself.

No wonder “lazy Nigerian youth” is an unfortunate theme.
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:12am On Apr 04, 2021
Goat007:
Ya mama name?

No willpower still cool
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by mechanics(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2021
I get the difference, I prefer the American trucks.
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by OpinionCounts(m): 10:15am On Apr 04, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

The end.

Well done Sir. My style is to encourage them to get outside of NairaLand to do research.

Sir, information and education can be gotten from anywhere including on nairaland, except you think nairaland is a good for nothing site.

No one is saying you should open a university on nairaland, they were only asking to know why you disagreed with the op. You could simply give a brief explanation to give some heads-up knowledge just like the person you commended (SmokedWhiskey) did in his post and then refer people to wherever links to go do verification of your explanation and more research, that is how learning and education works.

Imagine meeting someone in your social circle to ask for a clarification on a subject issue you know he is very knowledgeable in, and the only reply he gave you was "go and do research" , be honest to yourself, how will you feel? When he could have just given you a little heads-up information.

Things don't work that way.
Like I said earlier, information and education can be transferred or gained from anywhere including NAIRALAND.

Thanks.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:15am On Apr 04, 2021
Someone asked me to prove trucks have million miles or more.

I’m not going to be justifying my posts to every asinine username on NairaLand but if I answer that they should do their own research they’ll start baying like wolves at the moon. Again.

There are hundreds of examples on the internet accessible by very little search effort.

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2021
OpinionCounts:

Sir, information and education can be gotten from anywhere including on nairaland, except you think nairaland is a good for nothing site.

No one is saying you should open a university on nairaland, they were only asking to know why you disagreed with the op. You could simply give a brief explanation to give some heads-up knowledge just like the person you commended did in his post and then refer people to wherever links to go do verification of your explanation and more research, that is how learning and education works.

Imagine meeting someone in your social circle to ask for a clarification on a subject issue you know he is very knowledgeable in, and the only reply he gave you was "go and do research" , be honest to yourself, how will you feel? When he could have just given you a little heads-up information.

Things don't work that way.
Like I said earlier, information and education can be transferred or gained from anywhere including NAIRALAND.

Thanks.

Please respect my CHOICE to use my time and data as I see fit.

Thank you.

PS: I’ve contributed a lot on NairaLand over a decade and it seems silly that you want to judge me on this singular post. Do better.
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2021
Goat007:
[s][/s] Keep quiet

Continue please.
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by DrAkpa(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2021
[s]:
The most obvious difference is where the engine is.
This is due to length regulations.
In the US the length of the trailer is regulated, whereas in Europe the length of the entire vehicle is regulated.

Bad machines on fleek..... kiss kiss kiss
We are going for some SCANIA soon......[/s]..

Amebo, who ask you? angry
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Evasmil4(m): 10:20am On Apr 04, 2021
Calitoscassius:
I love Trucks, i drive a trailer truck around some European countries delivering goods. Coffee, Strawberries, Avocadoes, bananas, beefs and so on. From England to Wales, Scotland, Calais, to Germany, Poland, Amsterdam, Romania, Belgium and back to England.

WoW,

This is my Dream Job,
I love Driving long distance and I am planning to drive round the North and South America �� some sweet day�
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by OpinionCounts(m): 10:20am On Apr 04, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Please respect my CHOICE to use my time and data as I see fit.

Thank you.

PS: I’ve contributed a lot on NairaLand over a decade and it seems silly that you want to judge me on this singular post. Do better.

Ok, thanks...continue.
I will not see your disposition as silly.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by EgunMogaji2: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2021
I’m done with the thread since no more intelligent responses, mostly.

I just pity the hungry youths that’s spending their morning arguing with an accomplished retired person instead of figuring out their life.

Adios.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Kinematics: 10:23am On Apr 04, 2021
Dogalmighty17:
There is also a very pertinent reason why American trucks are designed like they are. Because of how expansive America is. [s]Texas alone is practically the geographic size of Nigeria[/s]. It probably takes close to 11 hours of truck driving to move from one end of Texas to another. In that same time period, you will probably transverse several countries in Europe!

Now imagine that truck having to deliver goods across America. The driver has to spend most of his time living in the truck!

Nigeria is 1.4 times bigger than Texas.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by haffaze777(m): 10:24am On Apr 04, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Right here! grin

Werey pipo grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Calitoscassius(m): 10:27am On Apr 04, 2021
Evasmil4:

WoW,

This is my Dream Job,
I love Driving long distance and I am planning to drive round the North and South America �� some sweet day�
The best job i ve ever had, I met lots of different people women especially tongue. I loved it. I was single not strings attached. Used to stay away from home for days..

But now i have children it wouldn't be ideal to carry on like before.

If you are still young, go for it. Don't let nothing stop you. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Otunana: 10:30am On Apr 04, 2021
The way they insult people on this forum makes me wonder if we have mentally unstable people registered on nairaland..the person those idiots have been insulting is an advanced man and he has been a great contributor on the autos section for a long time now..

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by obiekunie2: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

[s]My job is not to educate you.

You have a smartphone in your hand. Use it to validate and come to your own conclusion.

I don’t spoon feed people.

Have a nice Sunday[/s].

Based on your replies here, if that is how you are in real life - then honestly you are not supposed to live among decent humans.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by Calitoscassius(m): 10:32am On Apr 04, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
I’m done with the thread since no more intelligent responses, mostly.

I just pity the hungry youths that’s spending their morning arguing with an accomplished retired person instead of figuring out their life.

Adios.
What you would find is that some of them are so hopeless, obnoxious and ignorant. I pity them.

3 Likes

Re: The Difference Between A Truck Built In America And Europe by drakeli: 10:32am On Apr 04, 2021
SmokedWhiskey:
Interesting topic, but OP you are comparing apples with oranges; The truck in the first picture is a regular tractor truck with a sleeper, the truck in the second picture is a cab over truck. Cab over trucks are used in applications where the driver needs a steeper and better lines of sight on the road in front of him/her. These type of trucks are the preferred type for garbage trucks because for safety reasons, compared with regular trucks where the hood sticks further out, the drivers has better lines of sight looking ahead. It has nothing to do with European versus North American standards, the Europeans have there own Cab Over trucks likewise the Americans have theirs as well.

It has to do with what the op stated. European roads are narrowly constructed compared to American roads. Hence the reason for the truck engine design for proper visibility in Europe. The same reason Europeans drive mini cars compared to Americans driving bigger cars that takes much space on the road. A lot of American cars are not welcome in Europe because of the size. They are too big for Europe roads . I never for once saw any European design of tractor trailer in America because that’s what we call it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Just Saw A Toyota Ferari In Lagos Street. / Man Chains His Car Like A Dog In Warri, Delta state / Inside Innoson Auto Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.