Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful (11231 Views)

To Arrest Fani-kayode, Odumakin, Follow Due Process, Court Tells EFCC, DSS, Poli / I Was Told To Raise Alarm That EFCC Invaded CJN's House - Odumakin / I Helped El-rufai Submit Amina Zakari’s CV To Presidency – Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by OriginalOmoOgun(f): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ogun State governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has mourned the death of the spokesperson of the Pan-Yoruba group, Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, describing his death as "painful".

Odumakin was reported to have died in a Lagos hospital on Saturday morning.

But Abiodun, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Kunle Somorin, declared that the South-West has lost a courageous human rights activist and fearless public commentator.

The governor noted that Odumakin, while alive, championed the cause of the South-West and promote the ideals of the late sage and Premier of the defunct Western Region, Obafemi Awolowo, which were held dear by the Afenifere.

Abiodun, who said the late journalist would be remembered for his timely response to national issues, particularly, ones that affected the southwest, added that Odumakin lived a good life and fought a good fight.

"For those of us who have followed Odumakin's trajectory in journalism and activism, he lived a good life and fought doggedly to defend the defenceless. He and his wife were always at the forefront to protest against oppressive government policies.

"As the spokesperson of the Afenifere, he discharged his duties diligently and defended the cause of the southwest passionately. He never hid his passion for the Yoruba people and was never timid to speak against any policy that would affect the generality of the nation.

"Though, the activist has gone to the join his Maker, his humane and altruistic activities while on Earth will remain indelible in our hearts.

"I commiserate with his immediate family, especially his wife and 'Siamese twins', Joey Odumakin, the Afenifere and indeed, the South-West. I pray that his soul finds comfort in the bosom of the Almighty God. We shall all miss Odumakin. Goodnight, Yinka!", the statement concluded.
https://www.facebook.com/100003534267090/posts/3589580774503029/?app=fbl

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by PrinceOfLagos: 4:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rip patriot
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Resurrection212: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rest on.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Easternmind(m): 4:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
Wow.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Soolmus: 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
These guys fought for this democracy and sadly didn't even enjoy it except few

7 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Yongcasher1: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2021
B
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by GboyegaD(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2021
Hmm.... Was he not saying Buhari's foreign medical trip was a waste of resources just 3 or 4 days ago?

4 Likes

Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by leseyeb581: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ogun
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by directonpc(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Bluntguy: 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rip dogged fighter and great activist.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by kayusely70(m): 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
God rest his soul and keep his family.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by TheHerbalist: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
May His Soul Rest in Peace
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Alexis11: 6:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
wow. Yinka Odumakin just died like that

Nothing just dey dis life.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by valasticlala: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rest in peace
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Kiddogarcia(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
Really sad news,but we all die in the end they say,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement no forget
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by goshen26: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
It is well
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Dmano: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
What a miss to south west and to Nigeria as a whole. RIP
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Duplexxx: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rip
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by KGREAT(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
see how NL are pouring tributes and Accolades on this good man. many Nigerian politicians forgot that they will die one day. May his soul rest in the bosom of the Lord. Amen.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by ScamHunter: 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
Me too. That's one man this country could barely afford to lose in this age of sycophancy in the face of oppression in the guise of governance.

see how NL are pouring tributes and Accolades on this good man. many Nigerian politicians forgot that they will die one day. May his soul rest in the bosom of the Lord. Amen.

I actually came back to pay my tribute to a truly great man. I do not think I would say the same for any living Nigerian politician.
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by Funkeshuga(m): 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
may God give the entire Yoruba nation the fortitude to bear the impeccable loss

rest on Legend, the entire Yoruba race across Nigeria will miss you
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by BlackfireX: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2021
Who is he Walahi I don't know him.. Who is he??
Re: Dapo Abiodun Mourns Odumakin, Describes Death As Painful by ipobarecriminals: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Chief Bola Tinubu's Father? / How Influencers, Politicians Mislead Nigerians Ahead Of Elections / Dasukigate: Buhari’s Close Friend, Jafaru Isa Returns N170m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.