Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,962 members, 7,799,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style (51415 Views)

Putin Given Royal Welcome As He Arrives UAE & Saudi Arabia In Style (Photos) / Pictures: Egypt Relocates Slum Dwellers To New Cities / Prince Philip To Join Late Kings And Queens In A 200-Year-Old Iron Vault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2021
* 22 Kings and Queens that lived around 3,000 years ago were transported in 22 Golden trucks and Chariots to a new resting place.

Egypt held a spectacular parade to transport 22 mummies of its most famous pharaohs from central Cairo to their new resting place at the National Museum of Egyypt Civilization opened in 2017.

The ceremony snaked along the Nile corniche from the Egyptian Museum overlooking Tahrir Square to the newly opened National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Fustat, Cairo, where Egypt's first Islamic capital was located.

The mummies, 18 pharaohs and four other royals were transported in climate-controlled cases loaded onto Golden trucks decorated with wings and pharaonic design for the hour-long journey from their previous home in the older, Egyptian Museum.

They were originally buried around 3,000 years ago in secret tombs in the Valley of Kings and the nearby Deir el-Bahri site. Both areas are near the southern city of Luxor. The tombs were first excavated in the 19th century.

Photos

Vehicles are seen during the parade as the Royal mummies are transferred from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Fustat, Cairo

The carriage carrying the mummy of Queen Ahmose-Nefertari, daughter of Pharaoh Seqenenre Tao II, advances as part of the parade of 22 ancient Egyptian royal mummies departing from the Egyptian Museum in Cairo's Tahrir Square on April 3.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9433391/Egypt-holds-spectacular-parade-transporting-22-mummies-famous-pharaohs-museum.html

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2021
A general view showing the parade at the ceremony.

The mummies include Ramses II, one of the country's most famous pharaohs, and Queen Hatshepsut, Egypt's only woman Pharaoh.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2021
A general aerial view of the parade held to mark the transfer of Royal mummies to a museum in Fustat, Cairo, Egypt

18 Likes

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by immortalcrown(m): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
Egypt is so rich in art and science.

234 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2021
Egypt's President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi attends the ceremony marking the transfer of the Royal mummies to a museum in Cairo.

Artists perform near pyramids in a video screened during the ceremony.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by qualityovenbake(m): 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
A country that values it art and culture attract tourists.

The government of Egypt put on a magnificent show.

270 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Faithfull01: 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
Wow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by selfmadeOLX(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2021
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 9:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
Royal mummies are transported in a convoy from the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir to the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization in Fustat, in Cairo.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Royal mummies seen in a video screened during the ceremony. The Tourism and Antiquities Ministry are also live-streaming the event on social media platforms.

The mummified remains of 22 ancient Egyptian kings and queens who died more than 3,000 years ago.

The kings and queens reigned during the 17th through 20th dynasties of ancient Egypt, which is 3,500 to 3,100 years ago, and a majority of them were discovered in two archaeological excavations in the late 1880s. Pictured is one of the sites in Luxor in the 1880s

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by extol1(m): 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
this is a system that is working. we didn't hear will or to or shall in it. I think what they believe in is do and talk.

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2021
King Seti I, who died in 1279 BC, also joined the procession.

He is known for bringing prosperity to Egypt during his reign, following his father's two years of ruling.

The linen-wrapped mummy of the 18th Dynasty Pharaoh Tutankhamun, displayed in a climate-controlled glass case in his underground tomb.

The mummified remains of Queen Hatshepsut, ancient Egypt's most famous female pharaoh, lie in a glass case.

The mummy of Ramses II (1301-1235 BC), son of Sethy at Cairo Museum

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Mrsoft3(m): 9:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
Egypt the mystery nation

32 Likes

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by yomalex(m): 10:09pm On Apr 03, 2021
Wow
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by starbuck(f): 10:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
A country where everything works
The living and the dead are valued
Culture and Tourism is respected...

Kai, I still don't know the heinous crime i did in my past life for God to punish me by sending me back to this hell embarassed embarassed

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by luminouz(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by aycapri(m): 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
Wow, do not forget the root

6 Likes

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by slowice(m): 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
Egypt is beautiful.... It doesn't look like an African country, they also value tourism.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by ednut1(m): 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
slowice:
Egypt is beautiful.... It doesn't look like an African country, they also value tourism.
North African countries dont look like most of Africa. Egypt is also poor tho 33% live below 1 dollar a day

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by FiverrTutor(m): 11:19pm On Apr 03, 2021
Damn I love this. How I wish I was there live to witness this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Shellsploit: 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
See custom made vehicles..

Some country cant even afford this for presidential inauguration

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by iamyemiakins(m): 11:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
starbuck:
A country where everything works
The living and the dead are valued
Culture and Tourism is respected...

Kai, I still don't know the heinous crime i did in my past life for God to punish me by sending me back to this hell embarassed embarassed
Nigeria don suffer.
Gbas gbos left and right.

Wetin we go con do to this country now for Christ's sake!

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by illicit(m): 12:41am On Apr 04, 2021
Juju dey

1 Like

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Funjosh(m): 1:11am On Apr 04, 2021
Too much money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Nobody: 3:50am On Apr 04, 2021
Maybe I don't know anything at all.

But I think they should have left those things in their original resting places. sad

They just tampered with history by moving them to new locations.

Now having said that... splendid parade this was.

*** Do not forget something. This is for tourism. You might be thinking why they have spent so much. But you just have to spend money to make even more money.

Watch how tourists flock to the new museum the moment life returns to normal after the global pandemic.

Talk about thinking long term.

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by tillaman(m): 4:35am On Apr 04, 2021
Smirk
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Explorers(m): 4:45am On Apr 04, 2021
A woman dressed in ancient Egyptian costume pictured waiting at the start of the parade as they royal mummies made their way to their new resting place.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by cyojunior1(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2021
this is what we call a working country , not some kinda shithole person dey

5 Likes

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by DAramis: 5:09am On Apr 04, 2021
Not cool. Valley of the Kings is more suitable for them since it shows royalty rather than moving them to a museum as if they are object of entertainment for the growing masses.

How would the president feel, if his father and grandparents are excavated from where they are buried and displayed in the museum? Anyway, Explorer boss, try and do little writeup on this two great women:

Cleopatra (the last emperor of Egypt)

Queen Nefetiti (the unknown most beautiful Queen ever to come out of Egypt).

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by Henix(m): 5:40am On Apr 04, 2021
Egypt and tourism
Re: Egypt Relocates 22 Royal Mummies, Kings And Queens To National Museum In Style by FiverrTutor(m): 5:41am On Apr 04, 2021
DAramis:
Not cool. Valley of the Kings is more suitable for them since it shows royalty rather than moving them to a museum as if they are object of entertainment for the growing masses.

How would the president feel, if his father and grandparents are excavated from where they are buried and displayed in the museum? Anyway, Explorer boss, try and do little writeup on this two great women:

Cleopatra (the last emperor of Egypt)

Queen Nefetiti (the unknown most beautiful Queen ever to come out of Egypt).

Who told u Queen Nerfetiti was beautiful?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Trump Ends Obama’s 12-year Run As ‘most-admired Man In America. / Mali Welcomes Mamoudou Gassama As A Hero (Photos) / Juan Emilio Ameri Suspended After Kissing Woman’s Breast During Virtual Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.