Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? (55404 Views)

If Any Man I'm Dating Gets Broke, I'll Leave The Relationship- Lady (Video) / Should I Continue This Relationship Or Quit? / With These Discoveries, Can I Continue With Her?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.
I decided to bring this up on this platform cos I want candid and lucid advice. I be brief on this.

I am a Pharmacist working with one of the government owned health care centre. There's this girl I've been with for more than 2years now. She is a law student in her penultimate year in university. Like most Nigerian relationships, we started with lot of distractions and lacked commitment but over time it remained just the two of us.

At the beginning of this year 2021 we made relationship goals and decided to be transparent to each other. We shared every secrets, went through each others phone and asked questions where necessary. All went well until last month when I went to check on her in the university, asked for her phone as usual wanted checking her whatsapp. She didn't let me, said till she comes for weekend when we'll have good time for that. I was surprised, had my doubts but let it slide. She later came for the weekend, I acted as if I don't care anymore and that was it.

Similar event happened last night after she went through my phone (whatsapp, facebook, twitter etc) cos she has my password but I don't have hers. I unexpectedly asked for her phone too, she said it's late and we should leave it till am back from weekend call later in the evening. I kept my cool last night but was bent on seeing her chat this morning not until she bursted into tears. I ain't perfect, have my flaws but I am free spirited whenever I am around her. It normal for a lady to have lots of guys in her dm, but I think it's a problem when it becomes secretive to your partner.

Should I play along, start having secrets too or what's your thought guys.

NB: I skipped so many things, decided being straight to the point.

Lalasticla...I remain loyal, hoping you'll do the needful smiley
The only thing that struck me is that your boyfriend has your password but you don't have his own.
Yes, I said boyfriend cos you are the girlfriend in that relationship. And if you still have to come here to confirm or ask if she's cheating or what you should do then you are not even the main girlfriend, you are the side chic...
How have men, adults, become so dense because of women

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Myself2(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
Better wake up

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Ibfpleasant(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
I can’t even tell how I do feel most times when I read about how some guys handle their rubbish so called relationship.. why on earth a lady will have access to my phone? I don’t fucking need to have your password.. do whatever you like and once I discovered you are wayward then that is the end.. why unnecessary stress Checking WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter.. op, give yourself some respect and act like a man..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by emerged01(m): 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
Havesomesense:
If you are not fvcking her well, I mean making her cvm. She's gonna cheat on you.

To make a girl loyal you need to be great in sex and also great in mind games.
Do you think you know what woman want? Ok,you will get there. We are waiting for your own epistle on woman matter.

2 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by lawrenzooo: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
Women have been using tears to deceive men since the days of John the Baptist. Never be moved by a woman's tears...... Most times those tears are for manipulation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by AerialMapper: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
Two insecure individuals!

What exactly are you both looking for in each others phone?

While you both are at it, why not check the meters on your sexual organs to know if it is where you left it.

2 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by omonnakoda: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:

Don't wanna say this, but this is disgusting...I mean there are exception to some things. Not all university girls are thesame. Believe it or not we have family and siblings in the system... not all of them are runs girls...get that clearly.

Thank you for your advice though

Not all snakes are venomous but it is smart to assume that anyway

By the way what is my business with anybody's phone or anybody's business with my phone ? What kind of Ludo is that?

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Myself2(m): 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
DominusPrime:

The only thing that struck me is that your boyfriend has your password but you don't have his own.
Yes, I said boyfriend cos you are the girlfriend in that relationship. And if you still have to come here to confirm or ask if she's cheating or what you should do then you are not even the main girlfriend, you are the side chic...
How have men, adults, become so dense because of women

Can you imagine ?
Very annoyingly pathetic
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by tegrianonigltd(m): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:

What should I do?

Bring out your alpha male, every man have it, act like she is an option, chat with other girls, you will see her curbing back. Women love spontaneity, they want a man who can make them think, question their sanity sometimes

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Blackdisciple(m): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2021

Sure play along , have your secrets too .

You don't have to be angry and leave because of some niggarrs, play along. And never for now have her in mind that you'd settle down with her and see how things folds.
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
wunmi590:
Do guys still check their girlfriends WhatsApp?

Even me that I'm married, I don't even know the last time I picked her phone, may be when I want to help her charge it or give her phone to recieve are call.

Stop checking your girlfriend phone so that you won't develop heart attack

Would you say this same thing to a man who's wife is cheating? He should not check her phone so that he won't develop heart attack? In other words if your wife is cheating don't check so that she can cheat in peace and you can remain the fool that you are.

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Adjovi: 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
the moment we all cool me to the reality that nobody is perfect only then can we have a good relationship. never go through your partner's chats, never do that, you'll definitely see something, when tho she may not be having any affairs outside but you'll see something and you definitely misinterprete it and from there problems will start. love your partner knowing fully well that she's not perfect as you are not. plenty of forgiveness is needed as well, as in plenty of it.

3 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
Myself2:

Can you imagine ?
Very annoyingly pathetic
I am just weak for the kind of men we have nowadays

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Jorge91: 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.
I decided to bring this up on this platform cos I want candid and lucid advice. I be brief on this.

I am a Pharmacist working with one of the government owned health care centre. There's this girl I've been with for more than 2years now. She is a law student in her penultimate year in university. Like most Nigerian relationships, we started with lot of distractions and lacked commitment but over time it remained just the two of us.

At the beginning of this year 2021 we made relationship goals and decided to be transparent to each other. We shared every secrets, went through each others phone and asked questions where necessary. All went well until last month when I went to check on her in the university, asked for her phone as usual wanted checking her whatsapp. She didn't let me, said till she comes for weekend when we'll have good time for that. I was surprised, had my doubts but let it slide. She later came for the weekend, I acted as if I don't care anymore and that was it.

Similar event happened last night after she went through my phone (whatsapp, facebook, twitter etc) cos she has my password but I don't have hers. I unexpectedly asked for her phone too, she said it's late and we should leave it till am back from weekend call later in the evening. I kept my cool last night but was bent on seeing her chat this morning not until she bursted into tears. I ain't perfect, have my flaws but I am free spirited whenever I am around her. It normal for a lady to have lots of guys in her dm, but I think it's a problem when it becomes secretive to your partner.

if you really love her look beyond those things and marry 1st, but let her be through with her schooling and youth service first. Most girls are now wiser these days due to the fact that men use relationship to tie them down for years and end up not marrying them it’s common. If you don’t act fast she will send you wedding invitation card.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by kingjooo(m): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
brownemmanuel43:
Sometimes I wonder the kind of simps we HV this day or is that fathers are no longer training their male child again.
Gone are the days when men had respect and authority but this day all I can see are just SIMPs claiming to be gentle guys.
Imagine the nonsense I just read, a lady has your password and u don't HV hers, aren't nonsense.
Young man, u better man up or the girl will do the man up for u. Nigerians girls needs iron hand,l.
I HV worked as a volunteer with an NGO that deals on domestic violence and from some of the cases we treated, yours really looked like one of the cases
thank you so much my man,it's very difficult for a gentle man to have a responsible home nowadays

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Saintp(m): 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
Most of the stories being peddled on nairaland are all lies. I think some people just want to have a post they created and push a conversation.
Otherwise how can people just be asking for stupid advice or question when the whole thing is just too obvious for the blind sef.
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Duplexxx: 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2021
Mumu question

Love don turn your head to dey behave like 2 months old baby

I think say na sharp mumu you be o

She was hiding her phone from you means she have a hiding boyfriend

Open your eyes

Make you no come turn mumu finish

2 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by GoldHorse(m): 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2021
Your relationship, despite all the so-called sharing of secrets, is built on distrust. You cannot last together unless you gain each other's trust, which from experience, is already late.

TRUST IS STRONGER THAN LOVE in ANY TYPE OF relationship.

Na experience dey talk no be me!

2 Likes

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by IntegrityFarmsN(m): 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
The girl is cheating on you.

Most undergraduates are not faithful in relationships because undergraduate days are when youths maximally explore to discover the pleasures and fun of youth.

Stop it! Checking of your partner's phone chats will give you endless troubles or kill you.
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by wpadmin: 2:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:

Don't wanna say this, but this is disgusting...I mean there are exception to some things. Not all university girls are thesame. Believe it or not we have family and siblings in the system... not all of them are runs girls...get that clearly.

Thank you for your advice though

You are not looking for help. You have concluded what you want to do already in your mind.

Follow your heart bro.

Experience, they say is the best teacher.

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by luminouz(m): 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
So she bursted into tears and you let her go without checking her WhatsApp shocked

grin grin grin grin

Gentlemen, should I tell him?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by SweetiliciousD: 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Love still dey shack this one

Tomorrow na you'll start Weeping and gnashing your teeth saying this girl "Used Jazz on me".... How can the girl know your password and have Unrestricted access to your phone and Privacy and she'll deny you access to hers with Idiotic excuses.

Oga are you not a Man that knows what he wants, I believe you have goals and priorities that you wish to accomplish in this Life, So why is it difficult for you to Let that girl know that you're not here to "Play games", why is it difficult for you to Express yourself and let her know with a serious tone in your voice that you will not tolerate such behavior and excuses from her.

Oga it is your type that finally gets married and start lamenting "I Made a Horrible Mistake by Marrying this Woman", meanwhile it is your Fault from the beginning because you failed to set Boundaries and stamp your Authority as a man that knows what he wants.

People won't like to hear this and I personally dont give a FÚCK, nowadays, Respect is what makes a Relationship last longer and Stronger especially when the Respect is Mutual, Love is just secondary.

If that girl had a good Percentage of Respect for you, she won't have the guts to go through your phone and your Privacy and start giving excuses when you want to go through hers.

You're seeing the "Red Flags" now and you're forming gentleman, your eyes go soon Clear grin grin grin

Spot on.

That girl knows how to press OP's "MUMU BUTTON"

lubbbbish!

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Mayniaa: 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.

A crying girl is a scheming girl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by prophetfire: 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:

What should I do?
. You are worse than a compound fool if you are asking what to do. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nigeria girls are useless, all of them

My brother I advise you to follow me and carry the cross (no girlfriend) grin grin

Jesus christ has risen, glory be to God

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Kapeter(m): 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
Havesomesense:
If you are not fvcking her well, I mean making her cvm. She's gonna cheat on you.

That's how you'll end up killing yourself for your parent.

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by 99thEnemy(m): 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.

I strongly advice you to SIMP along ... It's normal.
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by udemzyudex(m): 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2021
amolak:
Some relationship motivate me to be single

There is time for everything, there are somethings that if you don't do them at the right time they will affect you later on.

Imagine getting married and having children at the age of 40-45 because you've been forming single life, when you should be resting and enjoying your retirement age at the age of 55-60,you will still be taking care of your children.
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:

What should I do?
You are old enough to know what to do in situations like this. If I were you, I won't bother to check her phone ever again. If you two agreed to be going through each other's phones before, ask her what happened now. Why does she always come with an excuse when you want to check her phone? You don't need Nathan the prophet to tell you she's hiding something. That's to say she's getting serious to with someone else.
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
prophetfire:
. You are worse than a compound fool if you are asking what to do. Nonsense.
I don't now why you guys here like to abuse people.
Una no dey tire?
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by donforeign: 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2021
Havesomesense:

Baba no be by sex o..
Who go cheat go cheat..
anyway give me formula for the sex u dey use mke I try up my game lol . Me no get gf self
Re: Trust Issues, Should I Continue The Relationship? by Yeyenairaland(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2021
elisha820:
Happy new week everyone.

All these little boys, would know exactly what to do with their relationships but they prefer to come here for a go ahead order from other confused mofos like them.

Ndi Ara!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Shameful Habits Ladies Possess That Will Make Their Boyfriend Dump Them / Ladies In A Nightclub Wash Their Hands With Expensive Drinks (Photos, Video) / When You're With Your Babe And She's Always Pressing Her Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.