Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,595 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew (19083 Views)

Peter Obi's Twitter Bio Does Not Reflect His Presidential Candidacy / Pastor ‘Tunde Bakare State Of The Nation Broadcast / Pastor Tunde Bakare State Of The Nation Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Amotolongbo(f): 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
The senior pastor of Citadel Global Community Church in Lagos, Tunde Bakare, on Sunday said the state of Nigeria’s does not reflect President Muhammadu Buhari that he knows.

In his State of the Nation address to commemorate the 2021 Easter celebrations, Bakare said he is forced to speak out owing to what he described as Buhari’s legacy being confined to the unsavoury side of history.

“I am compelled to speak out because the state of the nation does not represent the Buhari I knew when we took that solemn journey towards rebuilding Nigeria,” he tweeted.

“I am compelled to speak out at this point because, given the state of the nation, the legacy of President Muhammadu Buhari is in grave danger of being confined to an unsavoury side of history. I am indeed compelled to speak out because Nigeria is in a state of emergency.”

He also said Nigeria is in a state of emergency over a series of security challenges ranging from terrorism to banditry, kidnapping to militancy, cultism to human trafficking among several others.

Pastor Bakare recalled that when President Buhari took office in 2015, he promised to tackle corruption, tackle insecurity and fix the nation’s economy.

“Fellow Nigerians, you may recall that as PMB took the oath of office during his first term in office, he summed up his election campaign promises in 3 pivotal agendas, namely: Security, Anti-Corruption & Eco Diversification with a focus on job creation.

“However, the 1st term saw the Buhari admin grapple with the collapse in oil prices and Nigeria’s 1st recession in about 25 yrs. Despite the false starts, the admin succeeded in bringing Nigeria out of recession and made some gains in security, job creation and anti-corruption.

“On security, the administration of President Buhari continued the military assault on Boko Haram that had commenced at the end of the term of his predecessor.

“We recall the PMB’s 1st bold move when he ordered the relocation of the Command Control Centre from Abuja to Borno. By December 2015, the government declared Boko Haram “technically defeated” and unable to mount conventional attacks against hard or soft targets.

“On anti-corruption: PMB took commendable steps in the fight against corruption at the beginning of his admin, including the attempt to plug the loopholes in the system through the Treasury Single Account (TSA) intervention.

“In 2016, Nigeria received its highest scorecard so far in Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index.

“On job creation, at the beginning of his administration, President Muhammadu Buhari embarked on large-scale skill development through the N-Power programme. Under this scheme, hundreds of thousands were empowered.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/04/04/state-of-nigeria-does-not-reflect-the-buhari-i-knew-bakare/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2021
Call me rude, but I don't get along with this Tunde Bakare and I feel he is one of the most foolish pastor's in this country and nothing will ever make this vulture come close to being the president.

He and Mbaka are one of the problems rocking this country, deceiving their congregations.

128 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Baawaa(m): 1:32pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pastor Bakare recalled that when President Buhari took office in 2015, he promised to tackle corruption, tackle insecurity and fix the nation’s economy.
Corruption is the order of the day
Insecurity everywhere, no region is safe
Our economy has collapsed.
This administration has failed their followers

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by nnahernest(m): 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
I am force to say you are mad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Perkinkis: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2021
Oga leave story his personal life contradicts your statement.No form of self development the country is drowning and your guy does not have a single solution.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Resurrection212: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2021
No individual can fixed Nigeria or make Nigeria great except we change the system.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by after4: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
What is wrong with this man bikonu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by after4: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
But APC promised to change Nigeria nah

Resurrection212:
No individual can fixed Nigeria or make Nigeria great except we change the system.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Jashub: 1:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
The evils of PMB far outweigh his good deeds.

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by chinjo(m): 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2021
He is just a wolf in sheep's clothing. Why I don't sympathise with people like you is that, you said he was a repented democrat.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by psucc(m): 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
Even you, Bakare has refused to tell the truth. Do we still have Buhari or is it true a Sudanese is impersonating him?

All pointers suggest the later but people on the know has refused to speak.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Mysticwebb: 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
Make una stop all this scam, none of you are surprised with what is happening. The only surprising thing is the selfish gain you all thought you would get by making Buhari the president. Now it is calamity for everybody including the Zombies.

22 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Xoxyl(m): 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
No single man can single handedly save this country. It lies on all of us. Together we can make this country great.

Say No to Bald head and Thining Hair.

Reverse your hair loss and increase the cross sectional of each hair strand with Our Hair Growth Serum.

WhatsApp 0902 276 9119 or Order at
https://beautyarena.store/hair-growth-serum/

Free Delivery to your location..
Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Soolmus: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2021
Unfortunately Buhari has old age Dimentia, he is nothing like his old self

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Asgard13: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2021
Tunde a very typical yoruba human always chasing clou

Wonder how he’s a Christian pastor.. instead of a political pastor

You come church to preach politics .. as a pastor.. who gave you that inspiration..

Pastor with mumu members

5 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
You wanted to be a Vice to illiterate ?

I will, I can, I promise.

$1 to N1..

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by kettykin: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
May God forgive me if i am wrong , but i think this man is the Antichrist

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Militant30: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
Tunde Tunde, one of the reasons I will not tell thunder to fire you is because you are a Pastor so I must respect that office you occupied.

If not ehnnnnnnnnnn

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
Okay
Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by hischoice(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
Electing Buhari was a mistake we all must learn from.

Humility, integrity, frugal lifestyle are all great qualities but they don't make a good leader.

They may make you live in peace with your neighbours but not at work.

There is even a school of thought that believes that great leaders are pugnacious, proud and inconsiderate. All they care about is result - they don't reward efforts but do results.

Buhari's character traits, in themselves, aren't bad. They just don't count in determining what makes a good leader.

8 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
It won't, and it's not his fault. Nigerians only chose to remain nigerians
Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by 900warriorz: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
I no even know wetin to talk for this thread

Abeg una wey read am, wetin Tunde talk?
grin

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Seniorwriter(m): 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
Lolz
Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by iceberylin(m): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
Dumb ass Nigerian pastor
Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by BruncleZuma: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Nobody knows Buhari
Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by Muhylonaire007: 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
grin
All of una don mad
Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by mu2sa2: 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
In Nigeria pastors talk too much about politics and embarrass themselves again and again.
Re: Tunde Bakare: State Of Nigeria Does Not Reflect The Buhari I Knew by YoungLionken(m): 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
It never did sire undecided...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

West Africa Single Currency - A Journey To Nowhere? / 2023: Jonathan Congratulates Presidential Flagbearers / We Will Buy Guns For Ondo People If Terrorists’ Attacks Continue - Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.