Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels (28795 Views)

How To Unblock And Link Your NIN To Your MTN, Glo, Airtel And 9mobile Number / Ussd Code To Stop Auto Renewal Of Airtel Plan / WHATSAPP TRICK: How To Unblock Yourself If Someone Blocked You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by equity1(m): 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2021
IntegrityFarmsN:
This is the beauty of open competitive market business: monopolistic exploitations are avoided and better options come up.

MTN was cut off by the banks and MTN started using fintech companies in Nigeria as ALTERNATIVES.

Then the banks rushed to lift the ban on MTN to avoid losing big business from MTN!!!
You didn't read the article. it was cbn intervention.

1 Like

Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by baralatie(m): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
capitalzero:

Count me out. I used fintech to recharge my mtn.
77 million minus 1 person equals 76 million 9 9999999

for the past 48 hrs

or

are you the one that will pay the #6 per transaction for the remaining 70 million plus...
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by loswhite(m): 4:49pm On Apr 04, 2021
capitalzero:

It is matter of time. Most people who use ussd or mobile bank app can also use fintech. I use fintech to recharge over weekend. Banks are very greedy. # 2.5 is ok for #100. Banks are insisting on #4.5. Mind you banks will still charge customers #4 for alerts.
And you think MTN is not greedy? Why do you have to choose one greedy company over another? Why did mtn choose to reduce it in the first place? I'm not supporting any side because they are both greedy
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by capitalzero: 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
loswhite:
And you think MTN is not greedy? Why do you have to choose one greedy company over another? Why did mtn choose to reduce it in the first place? I'm not supporting any side because they are both greedy

I agree but banks are worse. Banks are owning telecoms #42B over years .

1 Like

Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by capitalzero: 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
baralatie:

77 million minus 1 person equals 76 million 9 9999999

for the past 48 hrs

or

are you the one that will pay the #6 per transaction for the remaining 70 million plus...

In customer care service, 1 person means alot. Banks should remit #42b they are owning to telecoms.

1 Like

Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by baralatie(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
capitalzero:

In customer care service, 1 person means alot. Banks should remit #42b they are owning to telecoms.

In monetary economics for an entity to survive in a business climate it is either you are making profit or loss.for mtn to run loss because of 1 person is loss!
make mtn and banks return all my money owed me through overpriced deductions
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
DonHummer:
Those banks do meeting untop MTN head, they know how much MTN is making from ussd recharges, and yet MTN wants to pay less. Truth be told if banks should stop MTN from recharging through USSD, MTN will lose alot because people do over spend on airtime since it became very convenient to recharge through USSD.

Those of you supporting the banks, are you guys doing so because of sentiments or what exactly? Few days ago, this same news outlet published a report that banks are owing telcos over #42billion naira. I think that's why mtn reduced their commission so that they can recover their own money, so what's the fuss about? You want the banks to continue enjoying with their crook ways while mtn sit and watch because they're not indigenously owned?

I've come to realise that the average Nigerian is illogical and sentimental/emotional in his/her judgements. Sighs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by Neyoohpompy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
If you need coaching for FREE on bitcoin trading...join this telegram group @tradingprofutures
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by DonHummer(m): 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
Plead:

Those of you supporting the banks, are you guys doing so because of sentiments or what exactly? Few days ago, this same news outlet published a report that banks are owing telcos over #42billion naira. I think that's why mtn reduced their commission so that they can recover their own money, so what's the fuss about? You want the banks to continue enjoying with their crook ways while mtn sit and watch because they're not indigenously owned?

I've come to realise that the average Nigerian is illogical and sentimental/emotional in his/her judgements. Sighs
Oga mi you are the one emotional and illogical here. where in my write up did i support or go against either of the party involved? I was just stating the obvious.
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by capitalzero: 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
baralatie:

In monetary economics for an entity to survive in a business climate it is either you are making profit or loss.for mtn to run loss because of 1 person is loss!
make mtn and banks return all my money owed me through overpriced deductions

You can control your data or credit usage. Banks can deduct anything deductible.
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by jamesbridget13(f): 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2021
But MTN is still angry. They sent me this today. So better to leave ussd for now before ur money go disappear with no airtime

Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by KingOKON: 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
festacman:
Hahaha! Banks in panic mode. The future is neither feminine nor masculine. It is FINTECH. Fintech, baby!

And with what s gong on in the Crypto world, Banks are just sitting ducks couple of years from now
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by Ginalex(f): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
loswhite:
What is the percentage of the population that uses fintech?
Good question
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by annyz: 7:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
I tried top up my mtn credit this morning via First Bank. They debited me without recharging my credit. What can I do please
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by BabaIbo: 7:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
southniyikaye:
Na bank go loose Las Las.
Mtn already switched its consumers to finteck

How many people use fintech?

Na the two go lose.
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by jmoore(m): 7:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
annyz:
I tried top up my mtn credit this morning via First Bank. They debited me without recharging my credit. What can I do please
Go to firstbank Twitter page and complain.
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by 9jaRealist: 7:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by yusluvad(m): 11:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
Good news for MTN users...
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by Nobody: 3:51am On Apr 05, 2021
Banks are very greedy. Nigerian Banks are very greedy. They want to collect 4.5% which is 45%, that is too much of selfishness. Customers pay a lot of indirect fees charged by those banks.

Now, in the banks I used, If I transfer 10K to someone, I am charged almost 70 naira, the recipient also does not receive the 10K, he receives 9,955, which means both the sender and the recipient pay for a single transaction. CBN, please, help us.
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by Yaba4sure: 8:03am On Apr 05, 2021
Las, Las the masses are the ones to suffer more
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by Awoo88: 8:14am On Apr 05, 2021
edoairways:

Most Nigerians don't use this platform
Actually most nigerians do. How people do physical recharge these days? MTN is the one losing.
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by edoairways: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2021
Awoo88:

Actually most nigerians do. How people do physical recharge these days? MTN is the one losing.
Am not referring to ussd code via banks but other platforms like Julia pay, o pay etc
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:29am On Apr 05, 2021
southniyikaye:

You need the fin tech account to buy the airtime ..

Many won’t do such because

1. They are not as savvy with internet related transactions as to warrant opening such account and funding it from their bank account

2. Since the same bank code is used for both mtn and their other lines , it makes more sense to recharge glo or Airtel and always try mtn until it goes through

3. The loss of mtn is the gain of the other service providers not the banks
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:36am On Apr 05, 2021
IntegrityFarmsN:
This is the beauty of open competitive market business: monopolistic exploitations are avoided and better options come up.

MTN was cut off by the banks and MTN started using fintech companies in Nigeria as ALTERNATIVES.

Then the banks rushed to lift the ban on MTN to avoid losing big business from MTN!!!

Read think .... fintec increase volumes means increased revenue to the banks from that source ...banks can decide to suffocate the fintec out of business after all, the funds of fintec are with the banks

Mtn is the only loser ...since other networks are still available , people will recharge and resort to those ones not fintec,

Fintec need details for you to run on their platforms and not many people are willing to give it to a faceless and “no address “ business just because he or she wants to recharge mtn
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by nurain150(m): 11:45am On Apr 05, 2021
southniyikaye:

no mtn, did you know i wanted to recharge yesterday or so.i didnt do it again
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by TheKingIsHere: 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
IntegrityFarmsN:

Gbam!!

Your post is the smartest on this thread so far.
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by TheKingIsHere: 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
capitalzero:

It is matter of time. Most people who use ussd or mobile bank app can also use fintech. I use fintech to recharge over weekend. Banks are very greedy. # 2.5 is ok for #100. Banks are insisting on #4.5. Mind you banks will still charge customers #4 for alerts.

That's what a lot of people don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by TheKingIsHere: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
equity1:
You didn't read the article. it was cbn intervention.

After seeing MTN going to use Fintechs, the banks will go and meet CBN to intervene na.
Re: USSD War: Banks Unblock MTN, Reconnect Telco To Banking Channels by TheKingIsHere: 3:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
Plead:

Gbam!

You deserve a presidential handshake for this post.

And for the bolded, I always tell people to leave out senseless emotions when making judgements, but it looks like most Nigerians tend to be emotional in their judgements thereby throwing away any form of logical and sensible reason.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Weak Points Of Blackberry Phones / Before You Buy A Power Bank, Things You Need To Know / BBM Nt Working On Ur 2.3.6(gingerbread),,,anyone???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.