Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ (29041 Views)

Teebillz Blasts Rita Edochie Over Trump: 'You Are Delusional Ma!' / Toke Makinwa Reacts To Anthony Joshua’s Misogynistic Comment / Josephine Edochie: Pete Edochie's Wife And Yul Edochie's Mother (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by pacespot(m): 5:25pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

The alternate reality you inhabit is funny to witness. If you're a man in Nigeria and you're feeling victimized by feminists, it's likely you're just a misogynistic pig. Because in my time on earth, no woman has ever sought to victimize me for my manhood. While misogynistic pigs like your objectify and degrade women and when the toxic energy you put out is returned to you, you play the victim. Imagine being so deluded to think that a 3rd world shiithole like Nigeria where women are still treated as baby-making machines (one reason Nigeria has one of the world's most ridiculous birth/fertility rates) and where no woman has ever been elected a governor or a serious Presidential contender is actually a society that is somehow more hostile to men that the US. Just imagine how delusional one has to be to regurgitate such an absurdity. grin

Simping, women wrapping loon spotted tongue. It has not happened to me because you will have to look face before you can try that feminism nonsense with someone, be you a man or woman. But I've seen many cases where the young men are victimized for their gender in this country, I don't have time to be giving you instances tongue
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by emonis88: 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
some female for nairaland go Dey feel on top of d roof now. But ask urselves r all these so call feminists single? I don't think so. n d most out spoken amongst them is either divorced or is yet to get married, so in essence they r lashing out at men for d divorce or for ignoring them. N to add I never knew they had a forum or something like dat, well nobody wants to walk alone, so if e no pay, e no go pay them alone. But abeg enough of these wahala sef if women no wan be wives, we d men may as well Dey sign contract with them ,u give birth to my baby, I pay u, n that is what baby mama is all about, I no blame people like Davido jare!
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by MrColdsweat: 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
We say nagging is a feminine trait.
Why do Nigerian men spend so much time and energy ranting and nagging about women?

3 Likes

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Blackdisciple(m): 5:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
e pained dem well well
Walai.
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Adakintroy: 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

To start with, your ramblings in that post had nothing to do with what Pete Edochie said. The old dinosaur said that feminism is why men beat women, which is just an idiotic statement. I would wager that far more men beat their wives in Afghanistan and Somalia, than Austria and Sweden. And it's not because Afghanistan and Somalia are overrun with feminists. It was just an exceedingly dumb, ignorant assertion.

And that something was preeminent for all of human history as you claim doesn't mean that it is right and just. Human societies evolve. For all of human history, humans enslaved each other. 21st century consensus overwhelmingly holds that slavery is wrong. Men historically being providers does not mean that women should be subordinate to men today. It means that for most of human history, male-dominated societies discouraged women from productive work to be child rearers and home makers. Not because women were somehow lazy and only men wanted to do the work.

For a start it's very hard to take you seriouse when you start your argument by refering to a veteran as him as old dinosaur. If anything it's validated the men's positions that feminism is about hate and disrespect. If you concede that Pete had made an error by his remark then you err even further by setting off this way. But we we will let it slide for the sake of education.

Now Pete I think is arguing from the position of culture as natural African man. Which entails that women be submisive. you can argue all you want about how appalling such cultural doctrines are but it does not negate the fact that it is his and now he is standing on it. his own culture or rephrased as " the way he was culture". That in my view put a rational behind his thinking and instantly invalidates your point or that of the feminist coalition as a mindless rant. It's rather a rant with a mind coming from a place.

So permitted me to make an alignment between his statements and the fundamentals of culture

His work words were.

"Feminism isn’t something black people are known for. Once a woman leaves her parents to meet her husband and takes his surname, she is to be submissive to him. If she wasn’t married, she can do whatever she wants".

Note he said " if she wasn't married she can do whatever she likes".

Here is the definition of culture.

anthropologists define culture as the shared set of (implicit and explicit) values, ideas, concepts, and rules of behaviour that allow a social group to function and perpetuate itself.

Note there are no biase or sentiments in the definitions. Just language understood. (Key words; values, ideas, concepts, rules, of "behavior"wink

See now if his statements lines up then we can proceed. Over to you.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by AmuRubber(m): 5:49pm On Apr 04, 2021
daddytime:
He's got no female kids and I'm sure that influences his outlook and position on issues like this.

Pete Edochie has six children — five sons and a daughter.
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 04, 2021
ivolt:
The guy has outlived his generation. No one, not even the men who support his view wants to live up to Pete's generations expectation. They only want to enjoy its perks while denying the associated responsibilities. If you doubt me, check their posts here. You will often see I hate liabilities, I will never spend a dime, Marriage is a scam and so on. Men like Pete were happy with their roles and responsibilities at that time but what about his young supporters? They only want half of Pete's lifestyle, where they get without giving.

Rubbish trickery to bait men to accept equalism and emasculate them

I won't heed to these nonsense
Nigerian men are better than western Faggotss
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by demmymoney(m): 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
Heterodox:
Nigerians like they do everything else have ended up bastardizing the idea of feminism.

I don't see how being a wife and a mother has anything to do with equal access to job opportunities and societal structures, although such should not even be a thing to be demanded. Everyone is human and should have that equal rights in the society.

However when it comes to personal affairs, if you want to be the husband as a woman get yourself a lesbian to marry. That has nothing to do with feminism. It's even common sense, someone can't be feeding you and you'll be buzzing equality.

Nonetheless still, I won't disrespect my woman neither have her submissive. I would rather have a friend than a slave. But that's just me, doesn't make it our culture.

Because u are so stupid and bluepilled that's why u believe men and women are equal.

1 Like

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by demmymoney(m): 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2021
2mch:
Pete Edochie was ranting like a crazy drunkard. Will he wish such treatment on his daughters in marriage. Old age can make some people senile. Maybe this is how Igbo people think of their wives not Nigerians in general.

Ode stfu!

Foolish simp
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2021
2mch:
Pete Edochie was ranting like a crazy drunkard. Will he wish such treatment on his daughters in marriage. Old age can make some people senile. Maybe this is how Igbo people think of their wives not Nigerians in general.

Shut your mouth
What do you know?
I'm Yoruba and my wife will submit to my authority as I take on my responsibility

What nonsense
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by demmymoney(m): 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
bonechamberlain:
In as much as I respect Edochie, there are some statements you don't make public no matter how right yiu think they are

So u rather watch evil happen than speak against it ahbi
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by demmymoney(m): 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nightalan:
Don't care for the group or feminism, but it's quite unfortunate when you see "supposed" men of wisdom and deep knowledge talk the way he did, encouraging gender based violence is very shameful, inexcusable and doesn't make you a man or red piller.
I know it's common for men of certain age to define their masculinity in very narrow terms, but that is not an evolved paradigm, life has gone beyond the nonsense Pete Edochie was saying.

How did he support men to be beating their wives
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
houseontherock:
The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.

Male chauvinism in full swing undecided

What Emancipation or you want to emasculate men?
Don't you have voting, educational,and rights to hold political positions
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nightalan:
Don't care for the group or feminism, but it's quite unfortunate when you see "supposed" men of wisdom and deep knowledge talk the way he did, encouraging gender based violence is very shameful, inexcusable and doesn't make you a man or red piller.
I know it's common for men of certain age to define their masculinity in very narrow terms, but that is not an evolved paradigm, life has gone beyond the nonsense Pete Edochie was saying.

Don't misquote the old man
Feminism brought ills on women
He said facts
Ladies have become uncultured and mannerless driving their men to deal with them
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by demmymoney(m): 6:00pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ladycewhy:
My question is;

prior to feminism ,can mr pete then tell us what was the reason Nigerian men beat and threw their wives and kids onto the streets? except he means to tell us prior to feminism there has been no domestic violence in Nigeria.

Were women not beating their husbands prior to feminism
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 04, 2021
bonechamberlain:
In as much as I respect Edochie, there are some statements you don't make public no matter how right yiu think they are

Feminism is pure evil
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by demmymoney(m): 6:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

I've seen a fair few divorces since I was a child from family friends and strangers, and almost all of them are due to irresponsible, abusive men. Once, when most women were housewives or restricted to professions like teaching and nursing and expected to be homemakers and baby-making machines, they had to swallow whatever shit was shoveled down their throats. Unfortunately for misogynistic pigs who wish to return to those "golden years", women have been empowered by education and professional attainment which means they don't only exist to serve as housemaids of misogynistic pigs and many women now get a say in what they can tolerate from their partners. Unfortunately for misogynistic pigs, they're going to have to learn to treat women as equals rather than mere domestic appendages. That's the way of the modern world and the dark ages of their fathers and grandfathers are long gone.

Wat are u saying

Men and women are fundamentally not equal
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by demmymoney(m): 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
2mch:

Those women would not have been able to accomplish all these strides without the feminist movement. I suggest you do your research before talking. I have daughters and I want them to be the best version of themselves. If any man tries this mysoginistic trash with my daughters, if you survive that shit, you will never try it again.

Women are sexual objects though
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

What does this nonsense even mean? Who said he's not entitled to his opinion? He's as entitled to his opinion as those who think his opinion is garbage are entitled to their own opinion. He's not entitled to spout his rubbish dinosaur opinions without challenge to his stupidity.

He said something, you either just ignore not lambast his household just because you want to talk. Respect his household.
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ladycewhy:
My question is;

prior to feminism ,can mr pete then tell us what was the reason Nigerian men beat and threw their wives and kids onto the streets? except he means to tell us prior to feminism there has been no domestic violence in Nigeria.

You are on these trend again lolzzz grin
Don't misinterprete what the man is saying
Feminism has made women more narcissistic, egoistic and having bad manners which makes women to provoke their spouses and might result to domestic violence or broken home, just see the percentage of divorce in western Societies 70% are initiated by women

I'm not in support of domestic violence but Feminism has done more harm than good to society, asides women's rights which women already have I don't see the need for Feminism as it causes further division between men and women as we can see on these trend

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by MrColdsweat: 6:08pm On Apr 04, 2021
2mch:

Those women would not have been able to accomplish all these strides without the feminist movement. I suggest you do your research before talking. I have daughters and I want them to be the best version of themselves. If any man tries this mysoginistic trash with my daughters, if you survive that shit, you will never try it again.

This is one thing most men on this thread have not realized.
Man and woman, our destinies are tied. We need each other but we need women more because of their divine duties.
For example, if women do not nurture us at birth, most of the human race will die at infancy. Hence we have to be careful with women and protect them at all cost. Infact, the protection of women is the basis of patriarchy and marriage. A father will give you his daughter for marriage if he's sure that you can PROTECT and provide for her. Every other thing is secondary.

I was on a misogynistic thread in the romance section trying to educate men but I was bashed and I had to leave.
I tried to tell men that we have a far bigger problems with ourselves. And one of these problem is a threat to us men, women and the entire human race. The violent nature of men.

95% of all violence, robbery, murder are perpetuated by men.

If you die by a gunshot today, 95% chance is that you are shot/killed by a man.

While we, men, have our strength to survive this ruthless world, what about our women? Shouldn't we be scared for our daughters, sisters and mothers?

Do you know how many little girls get raped on the way back from school?

Do you know the level of fear women feel when they pass the streets at night, with men lurching around?

I have a female friend who doesn't enter a bus filled with men. Once she sees that there are no women in the bus, she will never enter the bus.

I'm not saying women are perfect or innocent, I'm just saying that we have bigger problems with ourselves. Our lack of self-control and our violent nature is a huge problem to us and our society.

Look at our prisons today, all filled with men.

The truth we have failed to accept is this, women live their lives with the fear of men. And this is not supposed to be so because we share the world together.
We should be the strength they don't have.

I am happy because life always teaches us. We will all learn. We will mostly give birth to little girls and our eyes will be open to see the brutal world we have created for our women.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

I've seen a fair few divorces since I was a child from family friends and strangers, and almost all of them are due to irresponsible, abusive men. Once, when most women were housewives or restricted to professions like teaching and nursing and expected to be homemakers and baby-making machines, they had to swallow whatever shit was shoveled down their throats. Unfortunately for misogynistic pigs who wish to return to those "golden years", women have been empowered by education and professional attainment which means they don't only exist to serve as housemaids of misogynistic pigs and many women now get a say in what they can tolerate from their partners. Unfortunately for misogynistic pigs, they're going to have to learn to treat women as equals rather than mere domestic appendages. That's the way of the modern world and the dark ages of their fathers and grandfathers are long gone.

Shut your mouth
Stupor
Your grandfathers are all pigs
My ancestors were great men
Just look at these guy insulting our forefathers

check western societies and see how their family and social fabric has deteriorated

Nonsense
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
MrColdsweat:

This is one thing most men on this thread have not realized.
Man and woman, our destinies are tied. We need each other but we need women more because of their divine duties.
For example, if women do not nurture us at birth, most of the human race will die at infancy. Hence we have to be careful with women and protect them at all cost. Infact, the protection of women is the basis of patriarchy and marriage. A father will give you his daughter for marriage if he's sure that you can PROTECT and provide for her. Every other thing is secondary.

I was on a misogynistic thread in the romance section trying to educate men but I was bashed and I had to leave.
I tried to tell men that we have a far bigger problems with ourselves. And one of these problem is a threat to us men, women and the entire human race. The violent nature of men.

95% of all violence, robbery, murder are perpetuated by men.

If you die by a gunshot today, 95% chance is that you are shot/killed by a man.

While we, men, have our strength to survive this ruthless world, what about our women? Shouldn't we be scared for our daughters, sisters and mothers?

Do you know how many little girls get raped on the way back from school?

Do you know the level of fear women feel when they pass the streets at night, with men lurching around?

I have a female friend who doesn't enter a bus filled with men. Once she sees that there are no women in the bus, she will never enter the bus.

I'm not saying women are perfect or innocent, I'm just saying that we have bigger problems with ourselves. Our lack of self-control and our violent nature is a huge problem to us and our society.

Look at our prisons today, all filled with men.

The truth we have failed to accept is this, women live their lives with the fear of men. And this is not supposed to be so because we share the world together.
We should be the strength they don't have.

I am happy because life always teaches us. We will all learn. We will mostly give birth to little girls and our eyes will be open to see the brutal world we have created for our women.

We can protect women but not by being their equals
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
Thunder strike useless feminists!
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
tegrianonigltd:

He is not disgracing himself, you are, Pete Edochie is entitled to his own opinion. You either accept his opinion or you ignore. We all can’t live same, we can’t think same, we can’t have same ideas, opinions, views, you can’t have people living in your way of thinking.

Pele o, Pete Edochie's PA. If he doesn't want his opinion to be criticized, he should make them private then.

When he brings them into public domain, we will discuss them as sure as God made little apples.

Understood?
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by DesChyko: 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obi1kenobi:

Funny, yet all across social media, the topic most guaranteed to unleash hordes of raving, ranting misogynistic pigs is when they hear the terrifying word "feminism". Who do you think you're deceiving?

There is no generic topic, here for instance, that is populated by females.

Prove me wrong with factual evidence or just stop kidding your existence.

This account of mine has up to 6500 posts. If you can get up to 1% of them airing a view on feminism, you win.
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Ladycewhy(f): 6:16pm On Apr 04, 2021
oluwaahmed:

The very first flaw of nigerian feminist is saying Nigerian men. Men are separated by religion, culture & geographical location thus you cannot generalise based on this. If you use a particular tribe or culture for case study then there would be some sort of intelligence in the argument as a northern Muslim will treat his wife differently from a southern Muslim or Christian. Back to the matter the problem is really more from the woman than the man. African women have never been sissies or wussies. Africa women have always been strong and supportive. Check the history of your country you find out that women never used to be weak, had morals and were highly sought after. In 1920s it was igbo women that led the first revolution against the British called the infamous "Aba women riots". Funmilayo ransome kuti was the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria she was also helping women become woke before the British used OBJ to kill her cos she was a Marxist. What about goddess Oshun? She was one of the wives of Ogun an orisha yet well respected and worshipped to this day. Africans have always loved and respected their women/mothers thats why Africa is known as motherland. The whiteman who brought one man one wife also brought prostitution which was alien to African culture. Now there are more hungry hoes than good women and when you have lots of prostitution you know what the bible says would happen? Lev 19:29 (do not prostitue thy daughter to cause her to be a LovePeddler lest the land fall to whoredom and become full of wickedness). Let women hold themselves high men will equally give them their respect. You cant depend on someone for survival and still expect him/her to place you above himself. It will never work. Its not anti-feminism is just basic human nature. Yes some men beat their women but pete edochie is trying to say emotional intelligence can prevent this, something out mothers had that women of nowadays don't have.
In all this long story you ended up not answering my question , prior to feminism has there not been domestic violence in Nigeria?yes or no

Also the summary of your write up is that it was the white man that brought prostitution to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by Ladycewhy(f): 6:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

You are on these trend again lolzzz grin
Don't misinterprete what the man is saying
Feminism has made women more narcissistic, egoistic and having bad manners which makes women to provoke their spouses and might result to domestic violence or broken home, just see the percentage of divorce in western Societies 70% are initiated by women

I'm not in support of domestic violence but Feminism has done more harm than good to society, asides women's rights which women already have I don't see the need for Feminism as it causes further division between men and women as we can see on these trend
All this talk still no answer to my question ,prior to feminism has there been domestic violence in Nigeria ,yes or no?

2 Likes

Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by chinedu2henry: 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2021
2mch:

Which tribe cries out the most of old single and lonely women in Nigeria? Igbos. Igbo men obviously have very small penis and extremely weak in za oza room. Only people who are sexually deficient always try to enslave every woman. If woman no be your problem you no go de think how to put another human being under your feet. Defeat of Biafra is still fucking Igbo men in the yarsh. Always on about how women must be to them. Low self esteem is all I see from an old senile nuisance.
But when you talk of successful women in Nigeria Igbo women comes first. That because they are well nurtured and taken care of. If you want to know how symbolic women are in Igboland just ask of Umuada. But I believe this your write up was born out of hate and pain over the Igbos but I hope you get healed soon.
Re: Feminist Group Tackles Pete Edochie Over ‘misogynistic Rants’ by chinedu2henry: 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
pacespot:
Nigerian brand of feminists has to be the most toxic of all thanks to the simping and randy men that are full of this country. Even America doesn't practise feminism up to Nigeria these days, America has a law that protects the rights of women against any abuse, but it doesn't mean that America is trying to emasculate the men for the women, their laws are stated for anyone to read, so it is now left for you to avoid being caught on the wrong side of the law as a man especially in the marriage contract. But here in Nigeria, it is like it is a sin for you to be a man and even more so as a youth. We have a lot of women and men alike in this country who are purportedly practising the Western style feminism but don't know anything about feminism at all. It is like some women can do no wrong to them and feminism also gives them the cover to showcase their bitterness and simpleton against their fellow men.
Dont use America as an example again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Anto Lecky Wows In New Photoshoot / Charles Billion Shares Photos With His Daughter As Marriage Crashes / Tiwa Savage Signs Universal Music Group Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.