Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,883 members, 7,806,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Opinion; Blame The Legislature For Nigerian Woes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion; Blame The Legislature For Nigerian Woes (197 Views)

Nigeria’s Executive, Legislature, Judiciary Highly Corrupt – ICPC Survey / Opinion; Blame The Legislature For Nigerian Woes / A Bold Solution To The Nigerian Woes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion; Blame The Legislature For Nigerian Woes by poeticsoldier(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2021
Permit me to share my thoughts with you.I might not be hundred percent right, but you will have to agree with me, if only you can critically view the issue.

I observe that the problem of Nigerian politics is not really the president or the governors, rather it is the legislators.Nigerians seem to lay too much emphasis on the executive but disregard the importance of a viable legislators.

Those who are in charge of law making in this country,are more or less inactive.This can be seen when there is deliberation at the floor.You will see the honourables sleeping,looking non plussed and totally detached from the proceedings before them.

In actual fact,there are laws in our constitution which are capable of making Nigeria a darling nation but who will implement the laws?Who will blow the whistle when the executives are turning the laws upside down? Is it this legislature of rubber stamps?People who failed in one national duties and were dashed senatorial seats?Is it this thugs and people who have cases of corruption hanging around their necks who will guide and prescribe the laws accordingly? Certainly No!

If Nigeria must work,we must start getting conscious of those we are sending to the states and National assembly,in fact more above who becomes the governors or the president.It is the hot plate,gas cooker,firewood that can get the food cooked not the pot!

We must start thinking of a robust,lawful,incorruptible and sane legislatures who can put these executives on their toes.The legislature is not a retirement chamber were the tired ex governors and government officials go to hibernate.

I know the political party has a stake too, but what about rejecting anyone whose moral,discipline and sanctity standing is found out to be a ruse.Irrespective of the party,our legislatures must not be an hatchery for filthy people breeding their lots and holding the nation to ransome by killing effective bills and rubber stamping reckless ones.

To change Nigeria,we must have strong institutions and the legislature must be the foundation of such.Enough of these 'I's' have it when we are clearly hearing overwhelming 'nays'.My opinion though.What do you think.
Re: Opinion; Blame The Legislature For Nigerian Woes by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 04, 2021
grin

Re: Opinion; Blame The Legislature For Nigerian Woes by Monogamy: 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2021
Of course.. I have been saying that for quite some time. We shifted too much attention on presidency when we could have focused on electing credible representatives.

Even if we have a dumb as president, working reps and senates would pass the right law

1 Like

Re: Opinion; Blame The Legislature For Nigerian Woes by poeticsoldier(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2021
[quote author=Monogamy post=100488709]Of course.. I have been saying that for quite some time. We shifted too much attention on presidency when we could have focused on electing credible representatives.

Even if we have a dumb as president, working reps and senates would pass the right law

Exactly!

(1) (Reply)

Garnishee Court Order To Adamawa Account Is Caused By Govt Insensitivity-apc Big / ALGON: Hon. Alabi Kolade David Remains National President / Please I Need Help From A Current Account Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.