Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? (27079 Views)

How Many Hours Should I Commit In A Day In Order To Learn Javascript In 3 Months / How To Earn $100 Per Day By Admob Booster From Google Admob ? / Can You Code A Simple Android Phone/screen Lock App With Logging? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by lkillbrokehoes: 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:

Mynd.44
Se.un
Do.minique
Just.wise
Oa.m4j

Rule 2
Hahahaha so this notorious and jobless troll can run to the mods? wonders cheesycheesycheesy
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:07pm On Apr 08, 2021
The5DME:

F
Don't mind the troll, the real scammer Ebenezertriumph have been banned.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by SuperKlean(m): 7:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
Codedboy95:
It has always been in my mind to ask this question, as a developer how many hours do you code ( or at least spend on your laptop screen) per day or per week?
hello bro, do you need a mentee or a student? I'm looking for someone that can put me through. Can I DM you?
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Davland(m): 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2021
don10ky:
As I dey types so I dey on my screen since 5.30am make I go bath biko...if u Wana coding hit to join my group... Beginners only...
My core values
Html
Css
Bootrap
Php
Mysql
Js sha.....
Let make money together

Interested
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by SuperKlean(m): 7:25pm On Apr 08, 2021
Lordsagna:
pls some should help me cos I'm confused.... which aspect of programming can I go? and how lucrative is it in terms of job
1) Software development
2) Data science
3) cybersecurity
pls I'm confused oo
go for cyber security or data science.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Codedboy95(m): 7:28pm On Apr 08, 2021
justli:

You obviously haven't built anything since you don't have an appreciation for long hours of work. Developers spend hours sometimes days trying to fix a bug. It's an obsession, it keeps you awake. With a problem up in your head, you don't feel happy going to sleep. And finally you fix it, the joy is priceless and you feel accomplished.

That's the life of a developer, it's not a path for a lazy man. Wozniak didn't single handedly build a computer and code an OS from scratch just by working two hours a day.
And if for any reason you see the hours you spend as some kind of suffering, then maybe this path isn't for you.

Lastly, I see a lot of people put the cart before the horse when they emphasize techpreneur and building a project you can commercialize as a beginner.

My suggestion: as a beginner, concentrate on really understanding your art: the art of coding. Learn it well to be able to get a good job in a tech company. Even if you are working on a project, which I highly recommend, let it be for the purpose of learning and boosting your profile. When you land a job, you'll learn what it takes to build and run a successful tech agency hands-on.

Anybody can code a profile matching platform like facebook, or a news forum like Nairaland but how many can run the business of facebook or Nairaland?

Man, you talk too much, never assume what you don't know man. It's very wrong. If I tell you I need to reduce the hours I spend on my laptop screen, I have my reasons.

Attached below 1) My freelance account on upwork
2) My contributions on github

Does any of the two looks "beginner" to you ?

***Attachment removed***

2 Likes

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by EbenezerTriumph: 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Don't mind the troll, the real scammer Ebenezertriumph have been banned.
do you want to be unfortunate in life?
You simp
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2021
Karleb:

Very easy to know a WordPress developer.

If everyone thought like this, there won't be Piggyvest, flutterwave, paystack et al.
Karleb abegi no abuse na. I am a wordpress developer and I had to make all the plugins we use at our company from scratch smiley
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
do you want to be unfortunate in life?
You simp
Sapphiere you have to do something about this pained and jobless troll, he's also a coward too running to the mods cheesy
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Karleb(m): 8:03pm On Apr 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Karleb abegi no abuse na. I am a wordpress developer and I had to make all the plugins we use at our company from scratch smiley

cheesy

Don't mind your fellow WordPress developer.

Nothing wrong with being a WordPress developer but I don't just like it when WordPress developers think WordPress can solve all problems.

If it could, everyone would be a WordPress developer.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by don10ky(m): 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2021
I have seen and reply some of your messages I will.add you guys to the group so we get our hands dirty. Coding is fun and challenging...the functionality of your application gives you Joy.
Pls remember the group is for beginners or new babe in coding.
We shall be leveraging on
Html
Css
Bootrap
Js
Php
Mysql
With at least 6 mini and mega projects to boost your skills
No hurry pls at the end end of the bootcamp u will av reasons to smiles
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Sazeals(m): 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2021
3hrs or more
depends on what am doing and other stuffs such as nepa showing strong head e.t.c
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by don10ky(m): 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2021
zakkyzakes:
18hrs mehhn thats tough
Oga u need sleep to cool the nerves
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by don10ky(m): 8:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
Karleb:

cheesy

Don't mind your fellow WordPress developer.

Nothing wrong with being a WordPress developer but I don't just like it when WordPress developers think WordPress can solve all problems.

If it could, everyone would be a WordPress developer.
Lol... Wordpress is not too bad oo if u are a good marketer u will make money sharply
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2021
Codedboy95:
do you have any distraction? On average i code 7-8hrs per day. I really want to reduce this as it's affecting my health

Please continue, you are a programmer, you had no other life.

A taxi driver can do more sitting in his cab

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by demmanuel78(m): 8:50pm On Apr 08, 2021
4hrs per day
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by hibeekay01(m): 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
melaniaup:

How do you want to do it

It depends on how the person want to teach me... I will like in person learning
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Codedboy95(m): 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2021
SuperKlean:
hello bro, do you need a mentee or a student? I'm looking for someone that can put me through. Can I DM you?
Hi bro, currently I don't even have enough time for myself not to talk of mentoring someone, but I can answer questions. you can send a dm
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Etinosa1234: 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2021
Codedboy95:

Man, you talk too much, never assume what you don't know man. It's very wrong. If I tell you I need to reduce the hours I spend on my laptop screen, I have my reasons.

Quote me when you begin to charge $40 per hour.

Drop updates for upcoming Devs like us abeg

Enu gbe

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Hintona(f): 9:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
Codedboy95:

na broke man dey code for 8hrs plus jawie embarassed I will rather find a way to code lesser time, increase my productivity and income.

Na your type Bill Gates dey look for.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Etinosa1234: 10:22pm On Apr 08, 2021
Codedboy95:

Quote me when you begin to charge $40 per hour.

Hey boss, pls after learning, did u look for a job first or u started freelancing first?

I am at cross roads
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Sirwallace(m): 11:02pm On Apr 08, 2021
When I was starting out python, i used to code straight 12hrs.

Now I read more on data science books, code few lines in between.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Sirwallace(m): 11:07pm On Apr 08, 2021
ReluctantAdult:
I don't enjoy writing codes. Rather, what I enjoy is the thinking process involved in solving problems algorithmically.
I spend all day thinking about constructs, edge cases, use cases, data structures, time and space complexities etc grin

I'm not even really good with any programming language grin

Once I solve the problem on my whiteboard I'm okay. I can use any language to test if my solution works cool

I dont understand, how do you master all the available program syntax.

One OOP language is enough.

I code basically in python.
Did a little of javascript while trying out.
My niche is data science and I focus on pythin for that.

Why stress over multiple languages?

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by justmondris: 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2021
Lordsagna:
pls some should help me cos I'm confused.... which aspect of programming can I go? and how lucrative is it in terms of job
1) Software development
2) Data science
3) cybersecurity
pls I'm confused oo

Start your journey by doing research on them
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by justmondris: 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2021
Codedboy95:
4-5hrs per day is like the ideal coding time, productivity begins to drop after 5hrs ( so i read)
If and only if you are doing it at once. When it comes to studying, productivity drops after 30mins.This is the reason why people are always advices to always take a short break e.g a 5 mins walk every 30mins but they will not listen

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by justmondris: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
Rgade:

Yee!
Reduce it? For what?
When I would give an arm and a leg to be like you.
And yeah I do have one distraction.
There's a girl eating up all the space in my head.
Don't drop those numbers bro. eat fruits and drink plenty of water.

The best thing is to introduce a break may you can do 4 hours in the morning with several short breaks and 4 hours in the evening.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by T0BY(m): 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2021
I spend just 2hrs
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by emmyN(m): 12:13am On Apr 09, 2021
CoolVoice:
I will be needing Developers that are good with Web and Mobile App Development. (Android and iOS)

A good sense of Design (UI) is a plus.

Renumeration: Project Based (Min. N150k)

If you're interested reply to this comment with your WhatsApp Number.

Thank you.

I'm interested

WhatsApp: 08105827440

PHP (laravel), flutter (dart), bootstrap (html, css, js). UI compliant too
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Chuukwudi(m): 1:27am On Apr 09, 2021
I stare at my screen at least 12 hours daily coding.

1 Like

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Lagoon0: 4:23am On Apr 09, 2021
Codedboy95:
off key? I code in PHP ( Symfony and laravel), Vuejs on frontend. Because of work, i recently started working with Reactjs and angularjs. For side projects i write FastApi ( python)
If your work don't required intense hours of coding good for you.
What do expect from embedded programmer with ASM/C/C++ . the web guys thinks everything revolves around web. undecided
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Hallabee1(m): 4:36am On Apr 09, 2021
The5DME:
250hrs
mogbe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.