Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,621 members, 7,801,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? (38063 Views)

May 29: I Can Hardly Cope With Pressure, Says Buhari / CBN Okays ₦200 Billion Housing Loan For Low Income Earners / Ganduje Agrees To Pay 30,000 Minimum Wage With Additional N600 (N30,600) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by twosquare(m): 8:44am On Apr 05, 2021
Uyigue12:
Thanks for that advice bro I dey try see how to do that but just atimes you know it just not forthcoming straight......
I understand. Read at least two blogs per day about how to make money either online or offline. The more you push and bang the door towards a path, the earlier it will open up to you.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by iragbmite: 8:45am On Apr 05, 2021
Aderr:
grin Haha! Weaponised poverty.
Nigerians and their hilariousness. Weaponise as in weaponising uranium?

English comprehension is worrying you. I cant see you making it in life.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 8:45am On Apr 05, 2021
Hassanmaye:

God have mercy on us in this country, it's not easy

most times I go to school on empty stomach and teach to return by 4pm before I'd see something to eat... I can't eat when the kids at home have little or nothing to feed.
if not for ma good upbringing, sometimes I am even tempted in doing bad things but God won't allow me stain ma name.
In the midst of no hope or nothing to eat, at the last hours God still surprises me

2 Likes

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Virginprince: 8:46am On Apr 05, 2021
Franckelv230:
Going by the inflation, recession and whatever thing they use to qualify this hardship we are facing in this country at the moment, how do you most salary earners cope?

When I say salary earners, I mean those earning 50k, 40k, 30k, 25k and some even 25k to 10k. Not you that's bagging 100k and above, you be oil worker jor.

So, I see most families where the man being the head of the family, is a private school teacher. Of course we all know how much they are payed nothing. Same with most company or factory casual workers. How do you guys manage to cope with family at this crucial time?

It's not like I'm earning big or own any business, but one good job in month will cover me for some times. Since I'm not married yet, it just myself and my aged mum that I think of.

So how do you manage your 30k that it will last you for a month, Assuming your extra teaching after school will cover your transportation to and from working place?

Lol... I earn #15000 monthly as a secondary school teacher, I used almost 40% of the salary for feeding every month. As for me, I don't leave beyond my means, since I earned a meager salary, i eat meager food, wear lousy cloth and leave a lousy life. Hmmm, what else can I say? Life is frustrating...

2 Likes

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 05, 2021
SmartPolician:

grin grin

The truth is, a man has to raise a family, with or without money.
A man who earns more wants to send his kids to the best schools, while a struggling family man sends them to schools he can afford.
We normally say, "Big man, big trouble."
No matter how you look at, raising a family isn't easy for anyone, both rich and poor.
So, the best bet is for a man to start raising a family, working hard and hoping for a better tomorrow.

The bolded is very wrong...people like you are the problems of this country. Raising a family without any means of income because of societal pressure is detrimental.

In America, there are 50 year olds who’ve never been married nor have kids.

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 8:46am On Apr 05, 2021
Faithful1234:
yes it's better to work than become a rubber.

sure brother because there's dignity in labour
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by iragbmite: 8:49am On Apr 05, 2021
BrightAhiah:

sure brother because there's dignity in labour

Robbing people is not easy, takes a lot of effort/labour.

If you are a good robber, there is dignity in it.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by twosquare(m): 8:50am On Apr 05, 2021
Aderr:
Na so my brother. Poverty is a weapon of beating people to submission by the political elites. That's why you see people collecting 1k to vote in a destiny-wrecker for another four years.

When people are comfortable, they can reason differently, but what Nigerian leaders are doing is to ensure people become so impoverish to the extent that they lack the strength to fight back. That's why you see them fighting just to get half bag of rice at a campaign, but you that is comfortable won't do that.

*The moment people travel to some of these western countries, their prayer points cease because what is a prayer point here has been provided for by their government over there. They now realise their religiosity is as a result of poverty, not because they truly want to become spiritual.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 05, 2021
iragbmite:

Lmao...Wetin be this

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Aderr: 8:52am On Apr 05, 2021
iragbmite:

English comprehension is worrying you. I cant see you making it in life.
This one is raving mad this early morning. Why are you so angry? Your poverty, obviously, is both physical and mental. grin If you didn't notice the humor in my response to that guy's funny comment, you need to ask your teachers for a refund or go back to primary school. You can't make it in life with this whack attitude and level of backwardness of yours. cheesy No be curse, my sonny boy.

3 Likes

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Aderr: 8:53am On Apr 05, 2021
SonOfAfonja:

Lmao...Wetin be this
His head is fvcked up. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 8:53am On Apr 05, 2021
Franckelv230:

You mean out of nothing you earn, you still dash a pastor money?

Damn

I'm not " dashing" any pastor as you might call it but I'm only obeying God instructions according to Malachi 3vs8-10
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Zinpat: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2021
tagtaye:
Am a father of 2kids i earn 32k monthly hunestly he no easy and i must confess am getting mad here because i hardly eat twice a day, and i treck to work everyday from apapa to costain

I think it ll b better 4 u 2 resign & start a business
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by vickydevoka(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2021
Kiezodumah:

Salaries close to 200k isn't sufficient in today's economy let to talk of the very low figures.
One would have to find other means of income just to stay afloat.May God help us
Even 500k is not enough.
Na where ur spending stop na e another person own de start.
Money no de do
Buh person way no get de humble

5 Likes

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Eillyeillz(m): 8:59am On Apr 05, 2021
Oiza131:
I like food so i stock my house with foodstuff even if it means using one month salary. You tend to spend more on petty petty buying. The only thing I spend money on is pepper, fish and co... The next three to four months, I save 10-15k, buy at least one thing for myself, then the circle continues, buy stuffs again... God's grace, the 30k salary will end soon as i believe this is my last session as a teacher.

I think I'll borrow this pattern of yours. But thing is as a guy, hanging out once in a while is a must! worse for someone like me that drinks Red wine. For health reasons of course.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Metrics4tea: 9:01am On Apr 05, 2021
I earned 300k a month and I consider it very small for me, my wife and two kids. Rent, DSTV, gas, sanitation, security, feeding, water, electricity, internet and other miscellaneous is 150k to 170k a month. The country is deem expensive

4 Likes

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Unclesamo(m): 9:02am On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:
Yet to get a job though. I am a web designer/developer, also a graphic designer but getting clients has been a huge problem this year. I see a lot of folks getting jobs and then I wonder what exactly am I doing wrong.

Recently sat for an online exam for an outsourcing firm (VLA). Yet to get my result or invite.

Please, who knows a thing or two about VLA exams? I am seriously confused about what next to do

For the main time, I'm still hustling at Alaba int'l market. Check my signature, please. Thank you
Go on fiverr .. your skill is a hotcake niche.

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 9:07am On Apr 05, 2021
iragbmite:

Nothing on Earth will make me become an armed robber, I'd rather beg than rob
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by iragbmite: 9:08am On Apr 05, 2021
BrightAhiah:

Nothing on Earth will make me become an armed robber, I'd rather beg than rob

Id rather rob than beg.

I hope you end up on Kano street. GTFOH
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Ugandatales: 9:09am On Apr 05, 2021
Sabadon:
better than not earning at all, i mean there ll be hope of something better, the worse is when the source of your next meal is hoped on someone elses pocket, then you ll know how frustrating life is.

Damn! Where is that lizard climbing the boy's head...this picture made me sad.

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by nnamdiosu(m): 9:09am On Apr 05, 2021
Joysticks:
#1k daily.#30k monthly.How man wan take cope?

So no savings for rent or other bills?
It's well
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Gaggii: 9:10am On Apr 05, 2021
xcesspaschal:
It's never enough but to God be the glory, mine is even less than 30k but in God i trust.

And you still have the guts to subscribe
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by isaythetruth(m): 9:10am On Apr 05, 2021
Unclesamo:

Go on fiverr .. your skill is a hotcake niche.
i may not advise anyone to work on Fiverr, I have my reasons... Upwork is better, that is where I work presently writing articles for my clients, I make decent money there.... so Upwork is better.
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by BrightAhiah(m): 9:11am On Apr 05, 2021
iragbmite:

Id rather rob than beg.

I hope you end up on Kano street. GTFOH
I won't get d Bleep out of here cos it's my comments brought us together.
maybe if I'm in a situation to rob, I will rib from d rich and wicked politicians n still pays tithes

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Gaggii: 9:11am On Apr 05, 2021
NarnieAceTech:
Yet to get a job though. I am a web designer/developer, also a graphic designer but getting clients has been a huge problem this year. I see a lot of folks getting jobs and then I wonder what exactly am I doing wrong.

Recently sat for an online exam for an outsourcing firm (VLA). Yet to get my result or invite.

Please, who knows a thing or two about VLA exams? I am seriously confused about what next to do

For the main time, I'm still hustling at Alaba int'l market. Check my signature, please. Thank you

Then go soon call you for an interview
Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Emmydarsy: 9:11am On Apr 05, 2021
Hmmmn....I smiled bitterly reading different pathetic comments! It's just so unfortunate finding oneself in this kind of situation(30 to 50k monthly). It's just more or less like roaming and swimming in poverty for as long as one is earning such peanut, especially in this current situation of the country.
I have been working with a particular govt parastal for 6yrs as a contract staff, on a consolidated salary of 35k...am married with a kid o, though my wife got a police job afterward, earning 50k, in a different state, while am here doing mine in Lagos. Even at that, it wasn't that easy coping with life, considering the basic needs expected to meet...before u know it, u begin to see yourself as being stingy to friends and families...that is if you must meet up with your full responsibility as a man...no hanging out to enjoy yourself, let alone having a side chick...for where?? Its just so frustrating! Seriously....buh earlier this year, our salary was increased massively to 135k. So, my dear folks, PATIENCE, PRAYER AND CONTENTMENT is very key!!! It's not easy but let's learn to adapt to whatever situation we find ourselves in...I pray those still struggling with life shall smiles at the end....I feel for us o....cos I experienced it and know how it feels...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Pickieox(m): 9:14am On Apr 05, 2021
Sabadon:
better than not earning at all, i mean there ll be hope of something better, the worse is when the source of your next meal is hoped on someone elses pocket, then you ll know how frustrating life is.

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Gaggii: 9:16am On Apr 05, 2021
BrightAhiah:

I'm a private school teacher, a husband and father of three that earns just #25,000 and pays tithe out of it.
sincerely, the pay is peanut but it takes only the grace of God in sustaining us as sometimes I believe God touch the heart of few friends (2) who on their own accord sends 2-3k ones in a month or two...
life in Nigeria is pathetic but I'm optimistic that it will surely gets BETTER someday.
it's better to keep working with the little peanuts than becoming an armed robber

How much do you drop for the family feeding.

I give my wife 30k per month for feeding, her and the two kids. But she dey always complain bitterly. Na only in the night I dey eat at home ooo

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2021
lol, Try to understand..
Weaponize here, means using it(Poverty) as a tool to Oppress or put Fear in the minds of others..
Imagine the Quote frm some Pentecostal pastors 'If u don't pay ur Tithe, ur Life will b Tight"..
U cannot succeed financially if u re not born again n don't sow in the house of God..

Aderr:
undecidedlol, Try to understand..
Weaponize here, means using it(Poverty) as a tool to Oppress or put Fear in the minds of others..
Imagine the Quote frm some Pentecostal pastors 'If u don't pay ur Tithe, ur Life will b Tight"..
U cannot succeed financially if u re not born again n don't sow in the house of God..
Aderr:

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by joyousever(f): 9:18am On Apr 05, 2021
I'll advise you get a side hustle like extra lesson sessions. It pays off rather than depending solely on the miserly salary. Just approach parents in your school, neighbourhood etc, you'll definitely get clients in no time. And if you're good, you'll be having referrals. Give it a try and you'll be glad you did.
BrightAhiah:

I'm a private school teacher, a husband and father of three that earns just #25,000 and pays tithe out of it.
sincerely, the pay is peanut but it takes only the grace of God in sustaining us as sometimes I believe God touch the heart of few friends (2) who on their own accord sends 2-3k ones in a month or two...
life in Nigeria is pathetic but I'm optimistic that it will surely gets BETTER someday.
it's better to keep working with the little peanuts than becoming an armed robber

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Salary Earners: How Do You Cope? by Orente21(f): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2021
Mine is not up to 30k but we still try to manage. Trek or look for lift to work. Buy only wat we need and try to do Ajo (contribution) of 3k monthly. Once I collect my ajo I buy foodstuffs in bulk and struggle continue til next Ajo day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) / Dino Melaye's New Car Is A Replica Of N180 Million Rolls Royce - Sahara Reporter / Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.