Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates (45606 Views)

2023 Presidency: Over 1500 PDP Delegates Attend Saraki’s Declaration (Pictures) / ESN: We Killed 10 Girls For Fortification Rituals Attacked Imo Prison, Police. / Nnamdi Kanu On Imo Prison Break: "No Nigerian Deserves To Be In Prison" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Limassol(m): 8:52am On Apr 05, 2021
LagBlogger:
This was how Boko haram started in 2012

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by EmekaBlue(m): 8:52am On Apr 05, 2021
More ESN combatants

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by dometome: 8:52am On Apr 05, 2021
This is a staged attack, Douglass house is just opposite the prisons and police headquarters and they did not attack Douglas house. It is a staged attack.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Olatomiwami(m): 8:53am On Apr 05, 2021
goatandyam:
Good, south west should start their own

We are not terrorists, let that madness remain for your side, the worse part b say nah SW una go run come and increase crime rate here,bunch of miscreants

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Agadinaagwuofe: 8:53am On Apr 05, 2021
How can a group of rascals attack prisons and police headquarter without gun engagement with security personnels? This is suspicious.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Crimrburster: 8:53am On Apr 05, 2021
IceTrice01:

How did you know sir?
go and ask the prisoners
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by frankson1(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2021
MansoryMX:

By the time one of your loved ones is robbed and killed or becomes among casualties of robbery you will continue loving it. Very silly comment!

I just can't imagine the reasoning of some persons. They are happy that Prisoners are being freed by their fellow criminals and tomorrow same persons will turn around to scream about how the govt. and security formations are not providing protection to lives and properties.

I believe you know where to classify the kind of persons who makes "very silly comments"

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Limassol(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2021
CalabarPikin:
THE MONSTER YOU MADE

Same could be sad of any criminal/terrorist.

No justifications.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2021
ablejesus26:
This is bad, releasing hardened criminals into the Society ☹️☹️ they will in turn wreck havock on the common man.

this part is not hitting their medulla oblongata

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by drmuri(m): 8:54am On Apr 05, 2021
slimfit1:

Half of those freed are innocent we have a sharia justice system so blame Buhari.
What about the guilty half.
To demonstrate your hatred for Buhari, you are willing to release criminals into your society.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by maasoap(m): 8:55am On Apr 05, 2021
mystery22:
Most people in that prison were imprisoned illegally by the useless fulani commisioner

Buhari government is inhumane and nepotist,go to the north and see no fulani in prison,rather they are forming groups and preparing for the war ahead

You made the same dumb statement when it happened in Edo state, what followed? Rape, killings, robberies, kidnapping including revenge missions by the convicts to the houses of the prosecuting witnesses, general feeling of insecurity.
Dumb people everywhere

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2021
They sang solidarity songs at the Government House Roundabout for about 30 minutes before attacking the facilities, a security source confided in our correspondent.
This is to tell you and your governors that when it happen your security Ekuku outfit cannot save you. A whole 30minutes and all the military in Owerri could not do their gragra again! Oppression has never ended well anywhere in the world. Even Hitler died a shameful death.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Timoleon(m): 8:55am On Apr 05, 2021
kingthreat:

Dumb ipob propagandist. Winter will be in your household.
If you needed attention, you could have asked politely. I am magnanimous enough to give you this little. I hope you manage it. I won’t give you anymore.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by hammerDK: 8:55am On Apr 05, 2021
Ojiofor:
Unknown gunmen aka ESN should be in the bush hunting and decimating Fulani herdsmen terrorist rather they are inside towns and cities recking havoc and releasing deadly criminals back to the community.

ESN IS IN THE BUSH.

UNKNOWN GUN MEN ARE ON ROAD.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by goxx(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2021
Cc PROUDIGBO Shey this one is Fulani herdsmen too?? IPOB/ESN terrorists just released 1500 criminals, armed robbers, rapists, kidnappers and cultists into the society. I'm loving it because crime rate is about to shoot up in the south east.

Keep defending terrorism that is breeding in your region. Very soon y'all will have a taste of it.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by naturalflow: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2021
November24:
War looms.

I'm Northern,but I married an Igbo man (NYSC),they are peaceful,but when he makes up his mind,nothing changes it.

but why November24?that is my birthday!
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by baralatie(m): 8:56am On Apr 05, 2021
dometome:
This is a staged attack, Douglass house is just opposite the prisons and police headquarters and they did not attack Douglas house. It is a staged attack.
staged
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by MrIcredible: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2021
mystery22:
Most people in that prison were imprisoned illegally by the useless fulani commisioner

Buhari government is inhumane and nepotist,go to the north and see no fulani in prison,rather they are forming groups and preparing for the war ahead

Don't worry, you and your family members will hear from the released "innocent" prisoners soon.

That sense wey una no want get go yield fruits soon.

OSU amaka!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by od501: 8:56am On Apr 05, 2021
Emergingnation:

https://punchng.com/breaking-gunmen-attack-imo-prison-free-over-1500-inmates/

Some unintelligent people will now come and be shouting ESN upandan!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2021
goxx:
Cc PROUDIGBO Shey this one is Fulani herdsmen too?? IPOB/ESN terrorists just released 1500 criminals, armed robbers, rapists, kidnappers and cultists into the society. I'm loving it because crime rate is about to shoot up in the south east.

Keep defending terrorism that is breeding in your region. Very soon y'all will have a taste of it.

What is good for Greece is good for Uganda

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by frankson1(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2021
Olatomiwami:

We are not terrorists, let that madness remain for your side, the worse part b say nah SW una go run come and increase crime rate here,bunch of miscreants

Today they are clapping thinking it's the govt. they are hurting and tomorrow, they will look for a peacefull environment or state to run to.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by 1972xy: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2021
Nigeriadondie1:
kiss I love this. Many of the people have been in prison without trial for long time
U don't know what you are saying.....
These are criminals for God sake.
Too bad...I don't support Kali for this action.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2021
So a police chief is saying security agencies are on top of the situation assuming the 1500 criminals are currently robbing, kidnapping, raping.
All he can say is he is on top of the situation
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by November24(f): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2021
bhella10:
Tell us how that happened.

Lol... NCCF O.
5 YRS AND COUNTING

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by kingthreat(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2021
Olatomiwami:

Abi o. Southwest would soon have to defend themselves against both Fulani herdsmen and ipob criminals
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Timoleon(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2021
It is possible if it is staged by the government themselves. Which I believe is what happened just to paint ipob and esn bad and ultimately attack citizens of the east undeterred.
Agadinaagwuofe:
How can a group of rascals attack prisons and police headquarter without gun engagement with security personnels? This is suspicious.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Litmus: 8:58am On Apr 05, 2021
Openifemy:
This country is indeed finished

Imo State is finishing you mean.

The ordinery people in the state need to wake up and stop supporting nonsene.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by LagBlogger(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2021
Limassol:

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by dometome: 8:58am On Apr 05, 2021
baralatie:

staged
the government of Imo staged the attack.
Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Olatomiwami(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2021
Miner13:
This is very idiotic and moronic..releasing the satans into an environment already saturated with the devils

Nah them go hear am, my own be say, make dem no run come SW oh, make the madness remain with them, is their wahala, nah so Boko take start, they are hailing NK, now the shit has hit the fan, breeding criminals as ESN without any law backing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by Angelfrost(m): 8:59am On Apr 05, 2021
As usual, imbeciles here have turned something so serious and dire into an ethnic war... Nairaland Mods, you people are not doing your jobs. Your forum will push this nation into war.

To the topic.... How can a maximum security prison housing such number of inmates not be better secured and protected??! Not even a single sniper on the roof to repel these bastards from afar off. This is questionable and beyond embarrassing.

Whoever is sponsoring these attacks in parts of the East, for whatever political purpose, should continue.... By the time y'all turn a politically disadvantaged region into a cesspit of crime and anarchy, maybe then it will dawn on you all.

Now I understand why Wike does what he does... The earlier the entire Igbo nation, home and abroad, distance themselves from anarchists disguising as "Freedom Fighters", the better for you all. Cos, this will end badly for most of you... This prison break won't affect the same corrupt politicians, as much as it will affect most of the ordinary law-abiding citizens.

I pity you Imolites... Ask Edo people what they went through (Still going through) since last year.

Next thing, your governor will impose curfew which will further make the majority of citizens suffer!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Attack Imo Prison, Free Over 1500 Inmates by dometome: 8:59am On Apr 05, 2021
Timoleon:
It is possible if it is staged by the government themselves. Which I believe is what happened just to paint ipob and esn bad and ultimately attack citizens of the east undeterred.
Remember that Douglass house is just opposite the places they attacked. This is a staged attack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

INEC Official Beaten Over Adamawa Governorship Election Results (Video) / 12 Governors In Nigeria Are Gay - Uche Maduagwu Says / Many Injured As ‘MC Oluomo’ Loyalists, NURTW Clash In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.