Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,404 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting (33620 Views)

Premier League Relegation: Manchester United Fighting A Battle To Avoid It / FG Recognises Pinnick As NFF President To Avoid FIFA Ban / Have Anyone Become Rich Through Sports Betting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Nathphil(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Good one
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Jayrow08: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Betting do really do dis guy strong tin
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by omonnakoda: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
shadrach77:
It's a spiritual problem. Once you are in, you'll need the grace of God to get out

The more hooked you are, the more difficult it is to get out cry

Even Nairaland can be a spiritual problem

Leave that story

I don't know why we tend to be mentally lazy and superstitious

Instead of using our brains for its intended purpose which is to solve problems we resort to this lazy mentality
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Yankee101: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
Avoid all betting

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by omonnakoda: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
strum84:
Betting is bad
Betting is good

Fire is good
Fire is bad

The Internet is good it is equally bad

Depends what you do with it

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by CodedWealth(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
Sport betting is a very profitable business depending on how you see it, ( talking from experience )

It all balls down to mentality, getting the right tipster source and using the right capital/ stake percentage!

Sport betting is more profitable and reliable than forex...

I could explain more or see my sig!

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by 3rdavefarms(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
Baba keep quiet I’ve made more that 1M this year alone , what you know is what you know

We keep telling you to stop picking all this rubbish options
HOME or DRAW that Away will eventually win both halves

Don’t go for draw and under games
Now let me hint you half way if you need to win max bet every day message me on here and I will reply via email

View the attachment below

Finally Don’t ever combine under games with another game

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by bluefilm: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
This post is absolute trash

A foolish gambler who allowed greed to ruin him will come here and start spilling nonsense from his anus.

Sporting betting is the easiest, the most guaranteed and the quickest way to earn money online.

All you need is to have your target goals as well as your betting strategies.

It will also pay you if you have a good knowledge of the teams you are betting on.

Teams like Manchester City and inter Milan always deliver in their respective leagues in this current season.

If you stick to such teams alone, you will always be winning Nine out of Ten times.

But greed will not allow some idiots to see how easy and rewarding this business can be.

Even Mr. Racksterli will be using his investors money to be playing bets but people will not even know. They will rather be praising the Ponzi man for being a smart investor not knowing that they can easily be doing for themselves what these Ponzi guys are doing for them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by tunapawizzy: 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
Oluolad86:
need a cardiologist that can treat me for free in Ibadan or Lagos please
if u have a real need for this. i think there are better ways to get ur message across that people will take u seriously...If its a joke stop it, it might block opportunity for people with genuine needs.
If your need is real, i will suggest that instead of looking for a cardiologist that will treat you for free, write ur story in full and reach out to one of those twitter influencers, they will verify that your need is genuine and help you raise funds that you need...at least to start ur treatment

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by ibawon(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
Emeskhalifa:
Can we say crypto currency trading is the new age betting??

I have lost countless money to crypto currency. Na after I don buy d price dey crash cry
very true
Betting is not a get rich quick scheme
So as
Crypto currency
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by oladuro(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
GAMBLING IS THE ACCURSED THING BEWARE
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by tunapawizzy: 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
OP i think ur family house is opposite Akin Alabi or Soname's family house
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
bastien:
It can never give u riches

Na person win 33m last two months for my area...abeg shift
Someone who will come back to your area flat broke. It's a matter of time. If you can't grow wealth, you can't sustain it.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by omonnakoda: 2:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
strum84:
Bet9ja.com currently have alexa rank of 173. That means out of about 200million websites that exist globally, only 172 sites attract more daily visitors and pageview more than Bet9ja.

It is currently the 2nd most visited website by Nigerians, ahead of sites like youtube, yahoo, facebook, and only behind Google.com (current top 5).
That is rather a scary statistics, because I didn't mention the alexa rank of their closest competitors

You can not wreck the bookies (betting companies) no matter how much you win. They have a super algorithm behind the way the odds are set/changed. I won't be able to go into full details so as not to lengthen this post more than it should be

I saw someone online blaming his perpetual losses on betting on bad luck. There is no such thing as ill luck, everything is all statistics and probability

Let's take a look at this illustration. If a hired killer decides to give his target a lifeline, explaining to him there are 3 small balls in a bag, 2 are black ⚫⚫and 1 is white ⚪. If he then blindfoldedly pick a white ball, he is saved else he gets shot immediately. Do you think the target will be happy with his chances of staying alive? Definitely NO.

A soccer match has 3 outcomes: Win, draw or lose.(For 1X2 market) The chances of correctly predicting an outcome is 1 in 3 or 33%. Most times the odds will be too low to even make a significant money on that so many punters (bettors) will prefer to accumulate matches to increase the odds. This may drastically increase the amount to be won But at the same time will substantially reduces the chances of winning because all the teams selected must win In order to cash out.

E.g If you accumulate just 2 matches, the chances of you winning is now 1 in 9(or 11.1%) because both selections must Win their respective games In order to Earn. (Since there are 9 different combinations of wins, draws & losses among 2 accumulated events) i.e
W W✔️
W L❌
W D❌
L W❌
L L❌
L D❌
D W❌
D L❌
D D❌

Greediness often make Ppl accumulate 10 matches, not knowing their chances of winning is now 0.0017%. Let me put it in perspective. If you stake on 10 different matches, there are about 59049 different possibilities of wins, drawa & losses among the events and only 1 of those will guarantee you smiling to the bank.

You can now see how extremely difficult it is to win. Of course practically, the chances are much higher since you are not just randomly picking the teams to win. You must have done your research based on some factors such as current form, injury to a key player, e.t.c But here is the problem, this life is an uncertain one and that affect sport events too. There is nothing like sure banker. The reason we all love football in the first place are those moments of adrenaline rush we experience when something unexpected happens in a match

That is why in a week, there is at least one upset in the world of football(and sports in general).

LISTEN TO ME, nobody loses a bet because of bad luck. Either you haven't done enough homework or mostly is due to the cruel reality of the mathematics behind gambling.

I do not endorse Gambling as a form of making money. Those who do it must treat it as hobby and therefore know when to run. You could win a 10-game accumulator today, and then it takes several attempts to win another, losing all the money you had earlier won.

To even think some people accumulate up to 25 game and then laments if only 1 game cut it.

Oluwa awa pelu yin o
Oro pupo Iro lo n muwa

You only know what you know

By the way have you heard of Bill Benter?
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by BlessedNuel: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
Nice piece
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Sheuns(m): 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
Emeskhalifa:

I have lost countless money to crypto currency. Na after I don buy d price dey crash cry

Crypto is s much more lucrative. It’s also a volatile investment. If it crashes today, it’s sure to bounce back in the future. You only need to another nicest what you can afford to overlook and wait for maturity on investment

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Omooba77: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
ChildOfDoom:
Merrybet, betpawa, betway, bet9ja, betking etc are some of the multifarious betting platforms that have proliferated Nigeria. It seems luring to youths as a quick way to wealth. Don't be deceived.

I have been into sports betting since 2015. I can boldly state that the negative effects of the act supersedes it's gain. do not let you love for sports (football in particular) lead you to engage in Betting, or continue the act

below are some reasons why you need to avoid betting with your scarce resources....

I remembered few Sundays ago in Sunday School and we were talking about Investments and someone mentioned betting shops. I said you are only making others cry as they stake and if you are staking, most times you loose. Someone said, I should show them in the Bible where they must not play pool.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
There are so many other platforms in the guise of legit investments but are also gamble. OP What's your take on crypto trading?
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Randy111(m): 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2021
OP, I get 2 sure odd oooo. You go stake?
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by DEADALIVE: 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
This how the will post shiit...when wan local boy hit big them go come de say bros show me love....
Even nigeria wey we de live everyday na gamble three square meal no sure for you...if you don't hustle.
If you have ever been to las vegas you will know that that industry is multibillion dollar industry people must loose for others to gain...same principle applies tp all forex trade.
Only lazy people remain in one position....and they never offer solution to solve human problems.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by franchize24(m): 2:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
That's the fact... You will just forget the value o money.
I won a bet of 500k last year... Come see me they stake 50k at a go. Dem nearly chop their money back until I wise up.
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by djflamini(m): 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
I get sure games ,u bet with sense

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Sunisonflex39(m): 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
0p. ....we that is using hundred naira to stake games to win like ten to twenty k.. Shebi is this advice for us.. because me i do it once a week.. my own no dey pass hundred naira.. cos I have once used hundred Naira and won fifty thousand..

if u know u bet with hundred naira maximum like me gather here. we don't have case.. let's sit and watch..
we are bettors, not gamblers

11 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Davetune28: 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
He's speaking for himself y'all remember that what favours someone might cause calamity for another betting is bad and good just like everything in life is good and bad
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by omonnakoda: 2:27pm On Apr 05, 2021
Go and research BILL BENTER
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by Shakur86(m): 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
Betting and gambling is a very bad thing, it took spiritual and Family intervention for me to get out of it, thank God I'm totally out of it now. For those that have listening ears should not only listen but heed to this word of advice, there is no responsible gambler anywhere because greed will make one venture into gambling in the first place.
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by bastien: 2:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
aragonchuks:
lol check back on that person in two months time
oga that one na lie....that money is enough to build a good 5 bedroom flat and a car....and open two mega bet shop. Omo
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by philipobiz: 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
Emeskhalifa:

Its not betting.
Its because you want to be rich overnight. If you are a hodler and you know the right crypto to buy you will gain without stress. You have to be patient
Re: Reasons Why You Need To Avoid Sports Betting by jaxxy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
Nice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ex-Enyimba Vs Ex-Super Eagles Players At Enyimba Aba Stadium - 1 - 0 / Gattuso Warns Napoli Fans Over Osimhen Expectation, Says We Have Not Signed Pele / "Up Next Wembley, E Choke" Iheanacho Reacts To Brace Against Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.