Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) (50815 Views)

Tiwa Savage: “Rema Benefitted From My Exit From Mavin Records” (Video) / Odunlade Adekola And Teni Fights Dirty In New Movie (Photos) / Don Jazzy: Why I Am Yet To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
fratermathy:

He has said it in interviews that he's Isoko. However, he was born in Umuahia and his mother is Igbo. It would appear that even his father's family has some Ukwuani connections because his father's middle name is Enebeli. At the end of the day, if he says he's Isoko, then that's what he is.
Most of these artist don't know their roots, once they've spend 10 to 15yrs in Lagos, they'll automatically forget the Agofure bus that brought them to Lagos. cheesy

Thanks for the heads up big bro. Vwé Kobiró.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by codemaniacs: 1:02pm On Apr 05, 2021
fratermathy:

I don't want to enter into the ethnic debate but just to set the records straight, Don Jazzy is Isoko, a minority group in Delta State.

If there's anything Nigeria teaches you, it's the fact that we shouldn't assume someone's ethnicity just because they appear like those from another group or speak the language of another group. Many people thought Burna Boy is Yoruba but he's not. People think Jazzy is Igbo but he's not.

fratermathy:

He has said it in interviews that he's Isoko. However, he was born in Umuahia and his mother is Igbo. It would appear that even his father's family has some Ukwuani connections because his father's middle name is Enebeli. At the end of the day, if he says he's Isoko, then that's what he is.

he was born in umiahia, his dad has ukwuani connections, his mom is Igbo.. he is Igbo, has Igbo blood, has Igbo behavior... he can say his Isoko but can't show what he has built in the isoko region.
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by fratermathy(m): 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fucktardgirl:

Aboki and isoko is a french speaking tribe abi. I have gone to a trad wed in that part of delta and those are even more Igbo than I thought. they speak igbo, eat igbo food, they have same trad attire, have four market days. they answer Ajereh, Enebeli, Okoro, Oliseh, Emeke, etc. In Enugu, you have Ejereh, Okoro, Olisa and Emeka. No need telling you all this. Jusw make out to visit that place and see for yourself.

I won't argue with you, but as someone from Delta State, I will simply say that you are 100% wrong. Isokos do not identify as Igbos. Isoko people speak the Isoko language, a member of the Edoid cluster of languages. If at all, they're more like Edo people than Igbo people.

I won't respond to further mentions from you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by adelaja70(m): 1:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fucktardgirl:
Are you sure you are okay? Don jazzy not Igbo? Na kenya he come from?
Isoko Na Igbo again ni?
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by coronavirus19: 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Seun....
Lalasticlala.....
Mynd44....
Dominique.....
Rule 2
Lol, such childish act
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by adelaja70(m): 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2021
fratermathy:

I won't argue with you, but as someone from Delta State, I will simply say that you are 100% wrong. Isokos do not identify as Igbos. Isoko people speak the Isoko language, a member of the Edoid cluster of languages. If at all, they're more like Edo people than Igbo people.

I won't respond to further mentions.
YOU ARE right.. My sister in law is from Isoko and her native name is Iyanga... Ibos too dey claim other people's properties.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by coronavirus19: 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2021
FairlyUSEDpussy:

Bigotry comments ain't allowed......
He sud go form his own forum.....
H
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fucktardgirl:

Aboki and isoko is a french speaking tribe abi. I have gone to a trad wed in that part of delta and those are even more Igbo than I thought. they speak igbo, eat igbo foods, they have same trad attires, have four market days. they answer Ajereh, Enebeli, Okoro, Oliseh, Emeke, etc. In Enugu, you have Ejereh, Okoro, Olisa and Emeka. No need telling you all this. Just make out time to visit that place and see for yourself.
Isoko people have never identified to be Igbo, Even the Anioma's... Enuani is the general language of the Anioma's and we're Ediods..

3 Likes

Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by colestephan86: 1:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
CastedAyo:
Don Jazzy, CEO of Mavin Records, says he regrets not signing musicians like Falz, Simi, and Teni, Igbere TV reports.

The record producer spoke in the second part of his Black Box Interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, the TV host.

Don Jazzy said things didn’t work out between Falz and Mavin as the singer was affiliated with another manager.

Commenting on Simi, the record label boss said the music cover contest he had staged to select new artistes didn’t single her out as a winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4GDUWwSfnY

Don Jazzy also gave some insight into how his record label realises new signees.
Don jazzy isn't an exceptional producer, mohits made jazzy a really known producer ,
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Confusionist(m): 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
Warlord2014:
creativity without resources is useless... why should he be grateful?
Without his resources those his recruit would be nobody, it is called partnership. .you have the talent, and I have the resource to bring you to limelight
do you understand anything about business at all? If you do, then tell me what capital resources would achieve without a good human resources? Why dont he take his resources and use it by himself
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Fucktardgirl(f): 1:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
JidennaJason:
Isoko people have never identified to be Igbo, Even the Anioma's... Enuani is the general language of the Anioma's and we're Ediods..
Monkey wey no know where he come from. What is the meaning of Anioma in ENGLISH.
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by tamdun: 1:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He should have no regrets over not signing them because it wouldn't have ended well.
Falz, Simi and Teni are all overly ambitious Yoruba artistes and going by precedence, Michael has never been lucky managing Yoruba talents.

He has put enough of them on the world map and all he got in return was being backstabbed or them scheming ahead of him.

Look at the treachery of D'Banj, Wande Coal and Tiwa.
One sidelined Don Jazzy, demanded 100 percent ownership of all songs recorded under the Mo'Hits imprint and joined Good Music, the other sidelined him too and joined Universal Music Group, the third one's story is an open secret.
I'd refuse to even talk about Reekado here.

But in all, Don Jazzy wished them well and never spoke ill of them.
Where are they today?
So u want them to be under Marvin forever? Una too dey abuse the word "betrayal" u better check ur dictionary
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Fucktardgirl(f): 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
fratermathy:

I won't respond to further mentions from you.
Stop talking rubbish. Don jazzy is 100% igbo. He is from the Anioma part and not from those part that answer "oghene".
His father's name is Collins Enebeli Ajereh. People answer Enebeli in Anambra State. And people answer Ejereh in Enugu.
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Duplexxx: 1:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
I can see how people teaches people how to be wicked
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fucktardgirl:

Monkey wey no know where he come from. What is the meaning of Anioma in ENGLISH.
When you can come up with something brilliant, you resort to use abusive words to hide your deficiency.

I will allow dominique take care of you.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by humblegbolahan: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
BigJoe19:
Ruger, Rema are more talented than the three of em combined. That ain't a big loss.
What are you saying!.Ruger
bigger than Simi pls check what you wrote sir
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by femi4: 1:32pm On Apr 05, 2021
Cashsteady:
we all know it's because they are Yorubas nothing new . the kind hatred Igbo get for Yoruba eehn
Tiwa salvage is igbo

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by humblegbolahan: 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
pls sir, don't play tribalism on this matter,name any artist that blow his record label apart from these guys
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by candygist: 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
Cashsteady:
we all know it's because they are Yorubas nothing new . the kind hatred Igbo get for Yoruba eehn

Korede, Ricardo banks and tiwa are Hausa's abi ?
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Fucktardgirl(f): 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
JidennaJason:
When you can come up with something brilliant, you resort to use abusive words to hide your deficiency.

I will allow dominique take care of you.
Mumu. I asked you a simple question. What does Anioma mean in ENGLISH ? I thought you said Anioma is Edo.
Aboki
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Deepfeel(m): 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fucktardgirl:
Are you sure you are okay? Don jazzy not Igbo? Na kenya he come from?
his mom is Igbo dad not Igbo
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by candygist: 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2021
hopeforcharles:
OK but that Wallpaper or art is out of this world,. Like it's Naked

Don't till me you are already having an erection ?
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by humblegbolahan: 1:40pm On Apr 05, 2021
femi4:
Tiwa salvage is igbo
Who is this person now! TIWATOPE omo eko is an igbo
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Fucktardgirl(f): 1:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
Deepfeel:

his mom is Igbo dad not Igbo
His dad is IGBO. I G B O.
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by SweetPoison22: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fucktardgirl:

You have been behaving like a bitter fool here, calm down and argue sensibly.
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Deepfeel(m): 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fucktardgirl:
his dad is isoko and isoko people are not related to igbos in anyway
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Fucktardgirl(f): 1:47pm On Apr 05, 2021
SweetPoison22:
You have been behaving like a bitter fool here, calm down and argue sensibly.
The only fool here is you and you are too idiotic to see it.

1 Like

Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by SweetPoison22: 1:48pm On Apr 05, 2021
Fucktardgirl:

The only fool here is you but you are too idiotic to see it.
Another senseless reply.
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Fucktardgirl(f): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2021
Deepfeel:

his dad is isoko and isoko people are not related to igbos in anyway
And his dad's name is Collins Enebeli Ajereh. ISOKO goat what do you say about that?
Re: Don Jazzy: Why I Didn’t Sign Falz, Simi, And Teni To Mavin Records (Video) by Fucktardgirl(f): 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
SweetPoison22:
Another senseless reply.
Monkey dey talk. Abeg shift.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banky W & Adesua Etomi Attend Mercy Chinwo's Wedding Event (Photos) / Ceec With The “angry” Legs Clashes With Motun With The “filthy” Hair - READ MORE / Omo Britico Acquires A New House In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.