Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? (22422 Views)

Masari: I Have No Joy Governing Katsina — The Insecurity Is Alarming / Uzodinma: Aggrieved Politicians Responsible For The Insecurity In Imo State / Aisha Yesufu: El-Rufai Is A Divisive Bigot, The Insecurity In Kaduna Is Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Mutemenot(m): 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
Just stabilize the economy, let 75-80% of yourths be employed .. Make a better constitution that is applicable to every citizen
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by bafsonbaf: 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
BBYYOLA:
AS PRESIDENT I WILL SOLVE THE SECURITY PROBLEMS AS FOLLOWS;

Finishing the Book Haram
As a President I Know it will not be an easy task to reduce to the bearest minimum the current level of insecurity in Nigeria. All the insecurity challeges in the country only Boko Haram (BH) will need a drastic, kinetic and offensive attack to finish them. For the BH, all the Service Chiefs and myself will relocate to Maiduguri Borno State until we finish the Boko Haram terrorists. I will lead the war to end Boko Haram even if it will meant me loosing my life in the course. I know I died in a good course. My VP will remain in Abuja to be carrying out other Governmental and officials issues on my behalf. I will inform him for critical ones decisions he should consult me.
Half of all our security forces like the Army, Navy, Airforce, Police (Mobile force), civil defense,Customs, and Immigration will be send to Maiduguri and spread across including to Yobe state and some of Adamawa State.
All allowances for the security personnels fighting the insurgency will be paid directly to their account. No involvement of third party. Reshuffling and reposting of the security will take place every three months. No compromise or sabotage from anybody in the fight against the insurgents.

Farmers/Herdsmen Clashes
There will all inclusive round table discussions with all stakeholders concern on the root causes of conflicts and way forward. Senate President, Speaker National Assembly, IGP will be at the meeting. Recommendations will be divided into short-term, and long term so that these people will be see the implementation commence.

Kidnappings
Executive order will immediately be passed into law for the execution of anybody apprehended with hands in kidnappings. Security personnels from the Police, Army, DSS, and Civil defense will be specially trained in Anti-kidnappings activities. They will be trained in sophisticated technologies of responding to kidnappings. Countries such as US, France, Russia will be invited in training the special forces against Kidnappings. There will stations for the special forces at all the major express and high ways across the country. Govt will announce that there is no payment of any ransome in case of kidnappings.

IPOB, SUNDAY IGBOHO, AND OTHERS
The criminal activities by these groups of people were purely as a result of unfair treatment from the central Govt and nepotism. There will be fair for all citizens irrespective of tribe, religion or geographical location. The Govt will send it agents for discussion and way forward with them behind the scene. If it proof abortive govt will handle them in a better way.

IBRAHIM EL-ZAKZAKY OF SHIA SECT WILL BE UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASED AND COMPENSATED.
You have my vote! But the problem is buhari humbly said all this things before turning to jubril

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by tunapawizzy: 9:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
Community Policing......Educate the North , if them no gree learn, split the country
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Awaja(m): 9:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will kill them all
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by SenecaTheYonger: 9:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will shake up the entire banking system in Nigeria. They must all work together and find Boko Haram source of funding. I must trace the source of their money through any means.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by ryms691(m): 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will arrest Gumi, Atiku and Obasanjo
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.

The north being islamic is sympathetic to islamic terrorists. I will not use Nigerian army. I will adopt the strategy used by Goodluck Jonathan towards the end of his tenure.

I will hire foreign mercenaries to do the job. Those who repent will still do the time in jail but will have short correctional sentences with rehabilitation.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by franxalive(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
LokoH:
I will equip UGM and make them full time national security agents

. . . to wipe all uniform fools

...And it came to pass on Easter Sunday, that Unknown
gun men took the gospel to the city of Owerri to
preach for the liberation and freedom of those who are
held captive.
"Go home they said, Jesus has risen"!
And immediately, the prison gates opened in their own
accord as the prisoners regained their freedom.
Then after a burnt offering was offered to Elohim, a
voice came from above saying to the prisoners; "Go,
and sin no more, for your sins has been forgiven"!
From the Chronicles of the book of UGM.

wink wink wink

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by marylandcakes: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
Firstly freeze all govt accounts and give all the dinosaurs quite notice of 30mins.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by merits(m): 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will investigate for their sponsorers and execute them,after that I will equip my arm forces with modernize weapons and reform army and my civil police with this tactics have already created fears every where no room for sabotage and conspiracy if you find wanting is death sentence no time.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by lexy2014: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
oluwasegun007:
First of all the govt know the solution...but for so many reasons which include political reason they decide not to solve this problem.

Solving insecurity in this 21st century is centred around Technology and critical intelligence gathering which Nigeria currently lack.

Solution 1: we need to procure high tech unmanned drones that will man our territorial borders from unwanted infiltration and most importantly give our ground troops informed coordinate of insurgents and bandits location against ambush and attacks...
NB: that this solution would be most effective in the north east, north west. And it's much affordable when compared to solution 2.

Solution 2: launch Nigeria owned and controlled satellite in space (not the one launched and controlled from china). The satellite is to watch the entire country going both the military, NSA, and military and para military information of ground activity throughout the country...the satellite would be a foundation to our missile program (that is if we have plan for any in the future) which would be launched at interval to destroy insurgents and bandits from their enclaves.

NB, solution one is short term solution while solution 2 is long term.

God bless Nigeria

Your solution is like giving tools to a lazy man& thinking it will solve his laziness. Or giving books to a dullard & thinking he will become a genius. Or even giving money to a poor& expecting he will become instantly rich
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by okeyfrank: 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
Decentralize the Internal security architecture.
Devolve Power to the Regions/States/Zones
State Governors to head the security architecture in their various states
State Police for every state; No Federal Police anymore, but Federal Bureau of Intelligence to be constituted by all the state in equal ratios
Total Fiscal Restructuring with every state controlling 100% of every resource in the state, while paying 20% to the Federal Government
Return to the 1963 Constitution.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by banky3w(m): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
After confirmed and genuine aerial surveillance in sambisa, I’ll drop 2-5 chemical/biological bomb in the whole area and damned those bastards soul to hell!

All the people that has ever contacted bandits and even negotiated on their behalf will be rounded up for questioning to produce the so called gun wielding illiterates to face the full wrath of the law either by 600yrs jail term or by firing squad or lethal injection.

All the state governors in this Fulani regime(including their grand patron) will be tried and probed!

Femi Adeshina, Lauretta Onoche and Garba shehu will be executed for aiding and abetting crimes against humanity!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by vioment: 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Complex but seems easy.

60% diplomacy - preaching respect,
preaching all hands on deck,
Will take a stand, and preach on Nigerian law above traditional or religion.
Encourage security to be respectful to all, with some exceptions.

40% tactics

Forensics

Better planning strategies

Education

And just letting Nigerians know you want progress like them through action.

It is more complex than that, but these basics I just listed is like advanced calculus to the current leaders.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by lexy2014: 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:
I will shake up the entire banking system in Nigeria. They must all work together and find Boko Haram source of funding. I must trace the source of their money through any means.

Is that why u want to "shake up d entire banking system"?
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by luvablesam(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Killing one Nigerian means our Armed Forces will hunt you until we arrest or kill you!. There will be no hiding places for criminals in Nigeria
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by charlesucheh(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
1) checkmate, the Bastardized method of recruitment to avoid recruiting Morons

2) Ensure funds meant for arms and welfare of most security apparatus are spent as specified for what they were meant for.

3) sack anybody under my cabinet who just does PIM with security funds and will ensure they face the full wrath of the Law.

4)Give service chiefs Ultimatum with the Necessary wherewithal to implement, and as you no meet your Target, Na fire go get you. at least democratically, I can hire and fire your butts.

5)increase allowance and death benefits of men on the front lines of insurgencies and the war on terror.

6) And lastly, Try to create visible and transparent job opportunities at a reasonable number every year to reduce unemployment and prevent antisocial behaviours by our youths and persons of like minds. pls NB: the job creation must be void of ethnic bias, godfatherism, prejudice and Nepotism.

Make we No deceive ourselves. The aforementioned, are just the only ways to tackle insecurity in this country. Nothing More, Nothing Less!!!¡!!!
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by frankmoney(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Break down policing to the lowest level ... That's each LGA has its own police force ...

That's the only thing that can work
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by colestephan86: 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:
Let's assume that you were made the president of this country, how would tackle the insecurity that is plaguing the nation at the moment.
1. Any one that is found guilty of murder should be executed immediately.
2.the should be strict biometric capturing for all individuals coming into the country at all land boarders, and it should be done with fear or favour.
3.any one found with unregisterd firearms should be in prison for at least 5 years.
4. Any one found with locally made guns should do 10 years.
5. All persons from age 45 to 15 years should be registered at their state police command and their biometrics taken.

These are few points I can remembered at this point
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kill the miscreants regardless of who the sponsors are. No tribalism, you fvck up lasan then off with your head. And every execution will be televised
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by lexy2014: 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
vioment:
Complex but seems easy.

60% diplomacy - preaching respect,
preaching all hands on deck,
Will take a stand, and preach on Nigerian law above traditional or religion.
Encourage security to be respectful to all, with some exceptions.

40% tactics

Forensics

Better planning strategies

Education

And just letting Nigerians know you want progress like them through action.

It is more complex than that, but these basics I just listed is like advanced calculus to the current leaders.

What about giving "fresh orders"?
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Blackstone01(m): 9:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
introduce robots and train soldier on use of drones, both small and big... to fight the terrors in the forest...
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by lexy2014: 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
charlesucheh:
1) checkmate, the Bastardized method of recruitment to avoid recruiting Morons

2) Ensure funds meant for arms and welfare of most security apparatus are spent as specified for what they were meant for.

3) sack anybody under my cabinet who just does PIM with security funds and will ensure they face the full wrath of the Law.

4)Give service chiefs Ultimatum with the Necessary wherewithal to implement, and as you no meet your Target, Na fire go get you. at least democratically, I can hire and fire your butts.

5)increase allowance and death benefits of men on the front lines of insurgencies and the war on terror.

6) And lastly, Try to create visible and transparent job opportunities at a reasonable number every year to reduce unemployment and prevent antisocial behaviours by our youths and persons of like minds. pls NB: the job creation must be void of ethnic bias, godfatherism, prejudice and Nepotism.

Make we No deceive ourselves. The aforementioned, are just the only ways to tackle insecurity in this country. Nothing More, Nothing Less!!!¡!!!

7. Giving "fresh orders"

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Bejusttoall: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
1. Will shun nepotism and tribalism
2. Deal decisively with boko haram and allocate sambisa and other big forests to fulani herdsmen to end clashes with farmers.
3. Death penalties to kidnappers to make it less attractive
4. Stationing of two helicopters in each state of the federation for area patrol
5. Making parents/guardians responsible for the behaviours of their children to make parents/guardians wake up to their responsibilities.
6. Will involve the traditional rulers in their domains
7. I will encourage whistle blowers because these criminals are living among the people
......among others.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by vioment: 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
lexy2014:

What about giving "fresh orders"?

Lol.

Abeg go London go ask number 1, no need to rush go there, take your time, him plan dey there for a while as usual.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by fabulous01(m): 9:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
All troubles states will be declare SOE... �

REMOVE ALL THE SERVICE CHIEF..
I WILL GO LOCAL.. �
I WILL CUT THE SALARY OF SENATORS AND HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. �

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Deepthoughts: 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
Orubebe01:
1.Rejig the intelligence gathering security services to up thier game n provide credible n actionable information,2.Restructure the security apparatus to give it a true national spread n appoint the best hands without sentiments to do the job,3.Acquire simple but effective high tech security equipment such as night vision devices,micro sounds/vibration detectors, drones etc for our security personnel,4.Restructure the police n use all legal process to allow their op units such as the MOPOL CTU to use weapons such as GPMG RPG N HAND BLAST GRENADES, this will empower the police to handle most of the light security threats n also support the military properly while freeing the military to face the heavier security threats,5.Ensure that every security personnel is trained in weapon handling n every security establishment has an operational unit that can be quickly coopted to effectively support security operations,these are what I will immediately priorities among other measures.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
I will determine the various cause of insecurity, by gathering credible information with fact.
Then deal with the cause, applying brute force wherever possible.

I will deal with the case of selfishness and nepotism by promoting laws that will inevitably dependent on each other for survival.

I shall warm my way into the heart of the people by living selflessly and holding regular mass conference to teach selflesness.

I will promote laws that will make any leadership position a community service, a leader power is dependent on the most vulnerable class of his council, which shall be made independent and free.

I shall compensate every civil servants well and promote equity among the people.

Forget boko haram, they are as a result of greedy fellows and shall die a natural death.
Kill the source, and the water will stop flowing.

Nigerians are not full, if they see your honesty, they will give you a full support, knowing fully well that they've got a strong tower.

But it requires bravery and fearlessness.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
I go sell NNPC + all the refineries fund myself and my wife appoint my younger brother as minister of finance appoint my wife as minister of humanitary and disaster and chief justice will be my inlaw , i go flew my father to ukraine for medical check up each week after my tenure i na my deputy go do hand over while i dey saudiya arebia dey chill pakamp leg hungry nigerian die nothing concerm me me too i was one of them before god answer my prayers
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by Litmus: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
I don’t believe Nigerians have the right to view insecurity in Nigeria as an intractable problem without having first invested in the Security industry i.e. Judiciary, Police and Prison services.
Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by just2endowed: 9:28pm On Apr 05, 2021
Everyone with different options.

AS PRESIDENT, I will rewrite the constitution. To decide if we can be true federal state.

Make economic growth rate, same with population growth rate...

Massive construction of schools and developmental and training institutions.... Education and training is the key. Also place Nigerians on merit base system no matter what... For example, all pass mark must be 50%

For security: develop a system where information technology will be use to fight crime and banditry and insecurity, link all sim to the national security server and upload to the satellite.... Any phone calls by criminal, ur location and everything iwill be known.

Ban open grazing, it's an ancient way of cattle rearing. Develop ranches and modernize the system after rigorous training for whoever is interested in cattle business.

Corruption: it will be hard but I will build the strongest institutions by making efcc to be fully independent from executive. With strong institutions, corruption will be hard to commit. It's about blocking the rabbit hole.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Insecurity Issue In Nigeria If You Were The President? by omoadeleye(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kill anyone with unlicenced fire arms, nuke all prisoners. And start afresh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Holds Rally In Kibiya Local Government, Kano (Pictures) / Japa: Reps Vote Against Anti — Migration Motion / Lamido Hands Over To SSG, Jets Out On Annual Leave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.