Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Is Education Key Or Scam? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Education Key Or Scam? (629 Views)

STEM Education Key To Unlocking Africa’s Potential / Is Education And Integrated Science A Good Course? / Girl Child Education: Key To Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Education Key Or Scam? by Flashydstunna: 11:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
Ever since I read something on mentorship, I have been thinking, if I had dropped out of school like my friend Emeka did to learn a trade, would I have been better off than I am right now?

Now it seems like I am just struggling to get a good job. No pay seems to compensate me for the stress and time wasted at the Federal University where I wasted 5 years of my life just to come out and get a job after 3 years of actively searching. In my first year out of school, I was quite selective. Dreamt of getting paid in foreign currency but the longer I stayed at home waiting for the appropriate offer, the more I became a disappointment to my parents who have invested so much in me. So it was a high relief when I finally got a job that was willing to pay 60,000naira. I try not to think about the fact that I went through school just to be receiving a reward of just 60,000naira in this kind of hard economy. To put this in perspective, I earn just less than 150 USD as my reward for spending 5 years in a tertiary institution but considering that it was hard to come by, I am quite very grateful.

What if education is a big scam?
What if they lied to us when they told us education is key? Besides, it is hard to believe that readers are leaders when your country’s president cannot read properly in a country filled with scholars and Ph.D. holders.
And to think of it that one day, the history books will carry writeups about an illiterate that couldn’t read and our kids will be forced to read about it and even tested based on such history books. And to think that some of them will be considered failures based on their inability to comprehend why they even had to read about an illiterate in the first place.
Maybe, just maybe education as a key was just a stereotype used by the masters to force the slaves to read about them and keep their memories alive even far after they must have passed away. Why must I have to read about someone that lived his life on his terms just to learn how to live my life better?

https://beheardd.com/2021/04/05/education-university-school-a-scam/

Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
na you sabi...
in other countries,it's the key.in nigeria,ogbeni na scam
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Kingkyle1(m): 7:12am On Apr 06, 2021
I find fault with the way you think a job is a reward for the education you acquired or the school you attended. If you keep harbouring such thoughts, you will live a life of misery and probably be stagnant in life.
Education mustn't be acquired within the four walls of a classroom though. The main purpose is for enlightenment and when you are able to utilize it very well, you will be on top of the game. Can an illiterate program something like Facebook, WhatsApp, flutterwave, Microsoft, PayPal etc? Can an illiterate be making impacts like elon musk?
The problem is that Nigeria is messed up, students don't get to learn much or nothing as regards practicals in their field of studies and even the theoretical aspects, they're deluged with outdated knowledge making them backward rejects and giving them hard time to accelerate and compete with their fellows in other saner climes. The country isn't investing much in the so called education. You harvest what you plant!
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Flashydstunna: 5:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
Omo na scam all the way

manuelberry:
na you sabi...
in other countries,it's the key.in nigeria,ogbeni na scam
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
Flashydstunna:
Omo na scam all the way
abi...
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by The5DME(m): 12:13am On Apr 08, 2021
No. It's because of the 33. Something unemployment rate in Nigeria that makes it seem like a waste of time.
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by edoairways: 12:40am On Apr 08, 2021
Kingkyle1:
I find fault with the way you think a job is a reward for the education you acquired or the school you attended. If you keep harbouring such thoughts, you will live a life of misery and probably be stagnant in life.
Education mustn't be acquired within the four walls of a classroom though. The main purpose is for enlightenment and when you are able to utilize it very well, you will be on top of the game. Can an illiterate program something like Facebook, WhatsApp, flutterwave, Microsoft, PayPal etc? Can an illiterate be making impacts like elon musk?
The problem is that Nigeria is messed up, students don't get to learn much or nothing as regards practicals in their field of studies and even the theoretical aspects, they're deluged with outdated knowledge making them backward rejects and giving them hard time to accelerate and compete with their fellows in other saner climes. The country isn't investing much in the so called education. You harvest what you plant!
Correct
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Mindlog: 6:30am On Apr 08, 2021
Education has been my keycard.
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 08, 2021
Mindlog:
Education has been my keycard.
Fun fact.
Compare you monthly income to Lionel Messi's 12 hour income grin
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Mindlog: 6:48am On Apr 08, 2021
Masonkaycares:
Fun fact.
Compare you monthly income to Lionel Messi's 12 hour income grin

I don't have to compare myself to Lionel Messi to validate myself. I am comfortably earning per hour what justifies my skill level in the mental health field and with many professional opportunities ahead of me to upskill and increase earnings, so why should I be bothered by what Lionel Messi earns?
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 08, 2021
Mindlog:

I don't have to compare myself to Lionel Messi to validate myself. I am comfortably earning per hour what justifies my skill level in the mental health field and with many professional opportunities ahead of me to upskill and increase earnings, so why should I be bothered by what Lionel Messi earns?
wink you have the greatest wealth. Contentment.

1 Like

Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Mindlog: 8:03am On Apr 08, 2021
Masonkaycares:
wink you have the greatest wealth. Contentment.

Content being on my path.
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by prince22607(m): 9:53am On Apr 08, 2021
education is the key in other Western part; the highest paid job in America is teaching but our politician in Nigeria reshape the life of the citizen to something else due to their greediness
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Popup22: 1:44pm On Feb 17
Hey there! The game-based approach to learning a foreign language is what distinguishes the Duolingo app from other similar platforms. The app includes game elements such as achievements and levels to keep students motivated and engaged. This gamification strategy makes the language learning experience enjoyable and helps users stay motivated throughout their learning, and in duolingo reviews users report that it helps them gain the knowledge they need more easily.
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:05pm On Feb 17
Kingkyle1:

See, we were farmers before and we and all our generations were fine having houses and wives and children... till the white bandits came with their education and abused/insulted all of us.

Rewarding our sons and daughters who followed them with heartbreakkng riches which they in turn used for bullying and intimidating us.

Now, no one likes to be in this position so we have all gone to their schools and now people are hungry homeless literates.

Tell me, have you not been deceieved and scammed?
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:07pm On Feb 17
prince22607:
education is the key in other Western part; the [b]highest paid job in America is teaching [/b]but our politician in Nigeria reshape the life of the citizen to something else due to their greediness

why you dey scam people na?
Re: Is Education Key Or Scam? by Whois(m): 3:14am On Feb 18
It's an individual thing

(1) (Reply)

ERASED / Obj And All Obas In Yoruba Land Are In Trouble / Carryover Exam In Private University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.