Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? (969 Views)

Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat? / 20 Of The World's Best, Mouthwatering Soups. Banga Soup Is No 1 (Photos) / #FufuChallenge: Fufu And Egusi Soup Is Trending Worldwide! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by SleekyPosh(m): 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
Hi guys.. I was just curious lately and asked my woman about her best soup with swallow and she told me Afang soup. This further spurred me to ask which of the native Igbo soups is the most expensive to prepare?

From my naive mind, I expected her response to be Edikangkong but she said Offe Owerri..I was surprised since I never seen or heard about the soup all my life.

My woman further explained that its the most expensive to prepare as it's Principal content is Big Snails. She is from Imo state. Orlu precisely. cheesy kiss. Wonderful cook too.

Is her response true. I am Yoruba and I look forward to her making me a big pot of that soup. What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by LMS1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
Op All The Soups Are Expensive To Cook,
Imagine Asking Them To Boil N50 Noodles For You.
They Will Ask You Money For
Egg,
Vegetable Oil,
Tomato,
Gabbage,
Carrot,
Sardine And Bread.
Before You Know The Small Plate Of Noodles Will Cost You 2k cheesy
In Akwa Ibom One Pot Of Afang Soup Sef Can Even Afford You One Bag Of Cement! grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by Bulldozer90: 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2021
That should be ofe nsala or Edikangkong. ofe nsala is a ceremonial soup that you can hardly prepare without assorted meat types.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by pocohantas(f): 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2021
From my naive mind, I expected her response to be Edikangkong but she said Offe Owerri...

You asked her the most expensive SE soup and expected to hear Edikan Ikong? cheesy

Edikan Ikong isn’t an Igbo soup, it is for Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers people.

My woman further explained that its the most expensive to prepare as it's Principal content is Big Snails.

When did the “principal” content of Ofe Owerri become big snails?

I can’t really pick out any soup as the the most expensive because you can cook according to your pocket. However, Ofe Owerri is up there and it isn’t just about its content, but the fact that the soup shouldn’t be refrigerated. You cook and finish it at once.

You don’t cook a big pot of ofe owerri for one person. It is an abomination.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by SleekyPosh(m): 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2021
LMS1:
Op All The Soups Are Expensive To Cook,
Imagine Asking Them To Boil N50 Noodles For You.
They Will Ask You Money For
Egg,
Vegetable Oil,
Tomato,
Gabbage,
Carrot,
Sardine And Bread.
Before You Know The Small Plate Of Noodles Will Cost You 2k cheesy
In Akwa Ibom One Pot Of Afang Soup Sef Can Even Afford You One Bag Of Cement! grin

Omo no use laff tear my blokos

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by SleekyPosh(m): 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
Bulldozer90:
That should be ofe nsala or Edikangkong. ofe nsala is a ceremonial soup that you can hardly prepare without assorted meat types.

Wow Igbo Amaka cool cheesy
Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by SleekyPosh(m): 5:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
pocohantas:

You asked her the most expensive SE soup and expected to hear Edikan Ikong? cheesy

Edikan Ikong isn’t an Igbo soup, it is for Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers people.

When did the “principal” content of Ofe Owerri become big snails?

I can’t really pick out any soup as the the most expensive because you can cook according to your pocket. However, Ofe Owerri is up there and it isn’t just about its content, but the fact that the soup shouldn’t be refrigerated. You cook and finish it at once.

You don’t cook a big pot of ofe owerri for one person. It is an abomination.

Sweet Response but Did I hear you say I must finish the soup at once grin grin shocked

Shey you no know say e go......

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by descarado: 10:10pm On Apr 06, 2021
Bulldozer90:
Ofe nsala is not ceremonial soup.
It's native to onitsha people.
Edikainkong is not igbo soup.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by Romanoff(f): 9:32am On Apr 07, 2021
Afang and Edikaikong soup are from the Akwa Ibom and Cross River people.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by Juliearth(f): 3:14am On Apr 08, 2021
The most expensive is ofe nsala (white soup), reason being that you are expected to use assorted proteins in order to have a rich stock that would make your soup tastier. Next in line is Afang soup. The afang leaf is expensive and just like its white associate, the more obstacles you use, the tastier it turns out to be.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2021
For a soup to be expensive really depends on you and your taste. So it's not really about the soup but you.

Citing ofe owerri as the most expensive to me is just a cliche cos that soup can be made with simple and less expensive ingredients and still come out great.

I once visited an owerri friend who told me he was going to make me ofe owerri. I followed him to the market and everything this guy bought was either according to his taste, preference or to impress me but nothing the soup cannot do without because the base for this overhyped soup is cocoa yam. So??

The only soup I know is a bit expensive to make is Afang. I'm telling y'all, if you don't buy enough condiments for this soup, it won't taste nice. It will be so bland.

You can't use just any fish or stock fish for it. In fact, in the whole of the market, I have only one woman who sells the original black fish or Bendel fish I use for my Afang and it's expensive but original. That is why I hardly eat Afang outside because who will use Bendel fish or Swiss stock fish to make it for you?

Afang is the most expensive to make Biko.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Which South Eastern Soup Is The Most Expensive To Prepare? by merieam16(f): 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2021
SleekyPosh:

Wow Igbo Amaka cool cheesy
Receive sense small

(1) (Reply)

Spicy Egusi Soup For The Weekend / The Real Talk On Food / We Have Rice For Sale, Bulk Sales For Reseller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.