Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (28015 Views)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:47am On Apr 07, 2021
tete7000:

How about men not seeking for free sex, avoiding premarital sex? Everything is not about the girls, but about the men too. In fact men are supposed to be the ones leading, teaching people ideal values. The society has not failed because the women fail but because the men fail in their duty as brother, husband and father, because they fail to provide proper mentoring for young ones and children put under their care. If the men won't pay for cheap sex, prostitutes will disappear from our roads. They are there to satisfy the men hunger for illicit sex. Let stop putting everything on women. Both gender should share the responsibility of the rot in the society and men should have greater share.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Kebbiprince: 7:47am On Apr 07, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Please keep quiet are you a virgin yourself or is virginity only for women alone.What does the virginity actually do to sustain the marriage because after the first night it is gone what else.The person is not married virginity adds nothing to marriage even the men who marry virgins some of them still cheat because they are dogs.You are not making any sense.
A prostitute can make a better wife than a so called virgin it depends on the preference of the man.
A virgin is disciplined and fears God and not an olosho like u who have finished your vag!na mileage and now wide like Lagos Ibadan express way. Real men know the important of virgins and not a wide vag!na like u who even after prostitution can't make a good wife. Stupid gal

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 07, 2021
This op put fear for my body with these questions sha.
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Xcelinteriors(f): 7:51am On Apr 07, 2021
Horrible things happen after marriage like the love diminishing (especially when you did not marry your friend). My only advise to all the singles is marry your best friend and a man that can take good care of you. Some men are broke and will still treat you like trash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:57am On Apr 07, 2021
JeffreyOraz:

Why always place the blame on girls, can't men learn to stop fucking around, is it only girls that should learn to close their legs?
Haba
You dey mind them.
I see these kind of people as clowns who can never take responsibility yet they will call themselves men

2 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Lexusgs430: 8:00am On Apr 07, 2021
stubbornman:

Lol...no be only brothers and sisters nah Cousins!

Same thing nah...... Once married, sync reciprocity is a must........

HAPPY WIFE..... HAPPY LIFE....... wink

You know that men die first (mostly)........ cheesy
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Lexusgs430: 8:01am On Apr 07, 2021
Reex12:
e choke

Love must choke them, to live in harmony..... No Love, leave........ cheesy
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Chimaxnac: 8:03am On Apr 07, 2021
justhairs:
kai Marriage is not easy. I am speaking out of my 8 years experience. See the love is usually strong at the beginning especially when the responsibility is not much but with time it becomes harder to fuel love because there are a lot of things begging for your attention. And this includes children, house, financial burden, relatives, and so on. some people are super selfish in marriages they don't want to assist in the marriage but they want to be taken care of. See if you want to maintain the love in your marriage first as a man, You must form the habit of taking things out, help your wife with domestic chores especially when she is pregnant that is, if there is no house help, don't neglect her because she is going through at lot of changes in her body. some of them are very aggressive that period because of the kind of treatment they receive from their uncaring husband and as a wife pay attention you must give your husband attention, make sure to always talk things out with your husband don't assume he is fine. most of the reasons why some men feel unappreciated is because of lack of attention and communication. spice things up and please don't joke with his food nomatter how difficult it is for you. always help your husband understand your situation and ask for help if need be and above all a family that prays together lives together. Marriage is hard when you fail to take care of your responsibility or feel unconcerned and hope that it will take care of itself.
Above all make God the head of your family
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Saintmary(f): 8:08am On Apr 07, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Marriage has become terrible because sex is so cheap these days, the day girls learn to close their legs and preserve their chastity is the day marriages will begin to experience the blessings God created it to experience. You can turn yourself into a sperm bank and expect to enjoy your marriage...I see many more marriages crash because of premarital sex. This I have seen.

Each gender is responsible for the sexual depravity in the society.
The girls are not doing it alone.
The earlier you start teaching men to zip up, the better for all of us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by iamDrRhymes(m): 8:09am On Apr 07, 2021
GloShare:

Scam

You dont know the length a rogue virgin can go after marriage!

By then, you're beating your chest that you married a virgin... she has all your trust, but she gets the most nudge to test the waters!

Its not about virginity, its about the individual.

Are you are virgin? If married, were you a virgin before you married? Yes or no.
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Belexy95: 8:10am On Apr 07, 2021
chatinent:
While courting, you were better halves. What happens after marriage?

What happens after a week living together? and months, years? What happens to forever?

Does the love remain the same? Does it fade by itself? Are both parties always striving to resurrect it?

Of course, I understand it is not advisable to plunge into marriage!

What is life like in marriage?

What happens during a quarrel?

Does a partner always prove they are right?

Are there complaints? Complaints like one person washing the plates, and the other making it more tedious? Are there arguments about how the WC is to be used?

How and when are responsibilities shared?

What about insecurity?
Does it come on its own? Are there hidden thoughts one's partner may be cheating always?

What are the main responsibilities to keep a woman/man forever young in their hearts? What are the major needs?

What can make a woman still look very good even after childbirth?

Should the husband also do minor chores?

What happens when she becomes pregnant?

What is the major emotional need?

How is trust built?

To wives and husbands, what do you call satisfaction in a husband/wife? What needs does he/she fulfills make you feel satisfied?

What would you ever wish for?

Does the care and love remain the same?

I need experienced persons (married couples probably) to clarify me.

I've been thinking about these questions of late.
The truth is you can't be outside the marriage framework and learn how to mitigate challenges in the home.
Well, a brief about myself: December last year, made my marriage 10years, with 3 adorable kids.
From my experience so far, the most important tool to having a successful home is COMMUNICATION!!
Most of the so called challenges in every marriage can be avoided only if we can learn to communicate more with our spouses.
Here are my counsel:
1) As you desire your partner to be that "better half" decide to be the better half also. Remember, like attracts like.
2) Give your partner the space to live. Do not seek to make your spouse fit into your mold. S/he is a human and has goals and dreams, so let them go ahead to live their dreams as long as it doesn't cause the marriage to suffer.
As earlier stated, communication is key. Most times our actions, reactions and responses are based on assumptions. We assumed we understood the intentions of our spouse and there by react wrongly. When we communicate more, we will have better home (s).

8 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:10am On Apr 07, 2021
Kebbiprince:

A virgin is disciplined and fears God and not an olosho like u who have finished your vag!na mileage and now wide like Lagos Ibadan express way. Real men know the important of virgins and not a wide vag!na like u who even after prostitution can't make a good wife. Stupid gal
You must be the olosho to know one.
You must be a clown to think that a virgin fears God.What is the point of being disciplined as a virgin and going ahead to cheat in marriage that is discipline Abi?
You must be talking about the unfortunate women in your lives whose mileage Na Lagos Ibadan expressway not me.The men with such women in your family are not real men because they ended up marrying olosho's with wide vagina's who are into prostitution and they can never make good wives
If you did not marry as a vrigin or currently unmarried and not a virgin then keep quiet and don't talk in such matters like this because you are a shameless hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by AmazonTopaz(f): 8:12am On Apr 07, 2021
Saintmary:

Each gender is responsible for the sexual depravity in the society.
The girls are not doing it alone.
The earlier you start teaching men to zip up, the better for all of us.
Preach.

Kebbiprince come and receive sense even your fellow men here are saying the same thing be like them
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 8:16am On Apr 07, 2021
franchasng:
Op stop listening to hearsay from people on issues of marriage, especially people on the internet aka social media platforms.....most of them will paint marriage as one evil institution or another maybe out of their own failed experience they then go about generalising.....whereas millions of people around Nigeria and all over the world are all enjoying blissful marriage, so aspire to be those enjoying being married and that's what you will get because "law of attraction" works in life. You can use the power of attraction to attract all the goods things you want in life to your life, and you can also attract the negative to yourself. So always focus on the positive.

Now talking from my own personal experience as a young married man.....I have no single regrets....in fact I am enjoying being married than being single because it seems my life is now more organized and purposeful than when I was single. Mind you, I was doing well financially when I got married so I didn't marry out of no choice, I married at my own pace, not that I was a rich guy as in million million dollars oh, but I think I should be considered among the buoyant guys Nigerians see as rich; 2 tokunbo cars, live in a flat, own some landed properties being developed, owned my own business and few travel experience lol......but despite all that, when I look back at when I was single and compare it with now that I am sweetly and happily married, I can boldly say that my life is more organized and peaceful now than then lol.

I and my wife didn't officially court for a long time, we were on and off boyfriend and girlfriend all thanks to my stubborn and womanizing self lol, and her too much shakara too. I liked my wife when I first met her, she was so sexy like I desire my ladies as in, but this girl was not yielding to my moves....she indirectly accepted me oh but to fully put herself into the matter was an issue, which pushed me away to other ladies....and I always tell her that she was lucky cos I almost married another chick like that if not that she failed my final stage tests and all that.....pls ladies if you like a guy stop doing too much shakara for him cos you can lose him that way, my wife was lucky or maybe it was destiny that we would be couple at the end if not, her shakara was too much that pissed me off a lot.

But in all these, we still dated; officially for 2 years, unofficially for 4 years.....when I leave she will be the one to reconnect via Facebook chats or WhatsApp chats, especially during festive seasons, she must send me season greetings and ask how I was doing, which always got me confused and happy somehow lol. She was doing shakara but still giving me green light not to go that she likes me lol. She said her mind told her that I was a playboy that came to play her, so she was just scared of committing to me; I found out after we got married lol

So back to topic; if you are single guy, especially today, please and please, focus more on your finances; this is very important in having a successful marriage.....work work work work.....when I say work, not going around looking for job when you can't find one, if you cannot find a job, create one yourself. This is not impossible.....start something no matter how small......internet has even made it easier to start business today without any shop or office.....just have an online presence, find a business niche and be consistent and patient in your niche, it must pay off. Don't jump from one business to another just because some of your friends or people you know are making big money from it.....stay on your own lane and master it and be consistent.....and then have a clear vision of what you want, dream big oh......and always confess your heart desires without fear. Chase your dream.....while you lie down on the bed be visualizing what you want in life, I hardly sleep and it has become a part of me since teenage hood. This worked for me.

Working in an oil company or communication company or IT company or Bank or Telecom company or medical field or wherever is not the only way to be financially successful in life.....people are becoming rich from all fields of life, I am a living witness.....I have friends in virtually all fields of life and these guys are killing it money wise.....even in the things you despise and look down on.....I have a friend that's rich today through scrap recycling business......another in sound business......another in construction.....another in farming.......another in normal market trading business.....another is doing excellently well as a teacher, yes teacher......he now runs an online tutoring platform coupled with the fact that he owns a lot of physical tutorial centers in 2 different states.....so there is money in all fields of life, find a field and master it, dream big, introduce unique ideas into that field, monetize your new ideas.......multiply whatever that's working and keep doing it and you must be rich with time....remember success takes time. I started desiring to be rich from when I was a teenager lol....it may sound funny.....but while I was in higher institution, I was running businesses; extra morale classes for first year students, doing runs lol for WAEC, JAMB, etc students God forgive me, owned a call center, a photocopy center, game center......this was all as a student. I went for NYSC and launched a laptop selling business where I was serving and sold lots of laptops to fellow corpers lol

My whole point is, you need steady income to run a successful marriage today. But if you have done all your best and the money is not stabilizing the way you dream, please don't let it stop you from getting married.....but then, you must marry your friend to succeed in that situation if not, she will chicken out with time. Marry a lady that understand your vision in life, who also believes in your vision and efforts. Marry a lady who believes in time, who is also patient with life. Not all ladies are patient. Not all ladies believe that it will be better tomorrow, so don't marry such ladies......which brings us to communication during dating or courtship.....talk talk talk...don't keep mute around your partner while dating.

I have friends who married broke but today they are almost rich. Don't do this unless you have the inner conviction to do it, and like I said you must marry your friend to succeed in that condition and she must believe in you and time. Avoid lazy ladies....she may be working today but if you examine her, she is lazy. She maybe unemployed today, but if you examine her closely, she is not lazy.....avoid lazy, entitled, prideful and greedy ladies,they will frustrate your life.

Sometimes, marriage can bring you fortunes.....it can bring you luck, I don't use to believe in this, but ever since I got married, I started seeing my efforts yield more fruit than when I was single....and the moment we gave birth, it was as if my life entered a high speed.......things started working faster.......more results like its a charm lol.....I still give God all the glory.

Marriage is sweet if you marry the right person and if you prepare financially as a man. Don't have the mindset that you and your wife will share all bills....plan to cater for your family all by yourself and God will empower you for that....my wife works but I have never asked her to bring a dime for any of our family expenditure......not that this is ideal, but this is what every woman wishes for in life, even Billionaire Mrs Alakija wishes for this, and when you as their husband give them this, they will give you their best......but she must not hide her income from you, if she does, its a sign of worry. I know how much my wife earns even though she doesn't contribute, but sometimes I will jokingly tell her that I know she is planning to build a sky scrapper for her kids.....that its good....I also encourage her a lot to help her family members that stood by her while growing up....and to help people in need wherever she meets them with hesitation. But don't ever put your whole eyes on your wife's income if you want peace in your home, pray to God to empower you financially not to depend on your wife's income and you will enjoy peace in your marriage.

Before you marry, prepare financially....marriage today is financially draining if you want a standard family.....you can manage things also, but prepare, and tell God how you want your family or marriage to be, God is real oh, no let them fool you say there is no God, there is a supreme being above all humans oh.....I no be born again oh, but I tell you there is God. You don't even need much prayers to know your wife, just observe your inner piece and use your wisdom. If you are struggling financially, don't marry a jobless or unemployed lady, biko dont do it, its suicidal.

You see all those fashion designer ladies, they are good for marriage oh, that their handwork is good.....you can invest in her.....its far better than marrying an unemployed graduate lady hoping that she would secure job with Shell soon lol.....jobs don cast.

I am married but still feel like I am single.......no stress....my wife gives me freedom, peace of mind, space but she is also a monitoring spirit lol. The only thing she doesn't trust me with is beautiful ladies with big big ass because I love beautiful ladies with killer shape eh, na only that thing fit carry me go hell fire in case any of una see me for hell fire oh shocked shocked

and to the last part of your question, yes it remains....my wife didn't change.....in fact her love and care is even increasing to my fear lol.

Some ladies love more when they get married....so it all depends on the lady you married and how you take care of her.....but most importantly, marry a friendly lady with less baggage and keep working to have a steady income, it makes marriage sweet. Be positive and you will marry the best. I never imagined myself having marital issues while single....I use to ask friends then that why will I be fighting with my wife na.....that it cant happen and its what I am experiencing......and always encourage your wife to keep fit and watch how she eats......you must help her monitor her tummy, ugliness of a woman starts from the tummy, apology to all ladies struggling to keep their tummy flat, pls forgive my use of this word cry cry

As for house chores, I was lazy from childhood when it comes to house chores, that's the only reason my father flogged me then, but my mom always defended me then and I love her to pieces for all that she did for me then lol.

Even while single I hated house chores, it made me eat out often while in school to avoid washing plates and pots lol. So my wife know this before we got married and she never expected much from me and all thanks we have few domestic staffs that assist. But whenever I am around and in good mood then, I make her room bed lol, maybe dust her mirror stand, etc, but I bath and dress my little boy often (I cherish doing this one a lot)

I like you already. Can we chat privately please?
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 8:18am On Apr 07, 2021
Difrent:

EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER

One quick advice ,have enough sex before marriage because that is the first casualty and it's power wanes with the coming of children

My 10kobo

I shouldn't engage in premarital sex.

It's rather a religious issue.
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 8:19am On Apr 07, 2021
femi4:
The first mistake you ll ever make going into marriage is to think that LOVE is enough and BEAUTY is permanent

These guys below will help you keep your home forever. You must have them in abundance.

1. RESPECT

2. PERSEVERANCE

3. FORGIVENESS

4. FORBEARANCE

5. PATIENCE

If you check any marriage in chaos, It's either one or more of the five keys above is missing or they are not in abundance

You are right.

Thank you for these points.
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 8:21am On Apr 07, 2021
Lexusgs430:

After marriage, you simply become brother and sister....

I'm getting scared already. I want to see her as a friend instead. A very close friend.
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 8:22am On Apr 07, 2021
gabicon:

The fundamental ingredient for a successful marriage is love, however just like a car requires petrol/gas to function, it also requires, brake fluid, engine oil, transmission fluid, coolant etc. So if the only thing you depend on to make a successful marriage is love, you will soon realise that no coolant on engine oil can ground a car. Commitment, patience, understanding, maturity, integrity and respect etc are all required to make marriage work. Marriage is no cheap talk, marriage is hardwork. Personally I believe marriage is a social contract, and as every contract has a scope and underlined stipulations so also should marriage, most of your questions are tied to stipulation that need to be agreed on before marriage and documented.

Thank you sir for this.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 8:23am On Apr 07, 2021
Juliearth:

I understand your concerns. Couples are supposed to enjoy each other's company, amongst other things. However, some marriages these days are nothing to write home about and a lot of reasons can be responsible for this (PS my analysis are borne out of what I see around, but you can take these information to the bank):

1. Intending couples waste a lot of time on the ephemerals, forgetting the crux of what marriage entails. A man that focuses his attention on a woman's look/build (not that it is not important) whilst ignoring other things such as her personality, how she relates with family, friends and strangers, etc may end up disappointed when he is confronted with her ugly character. Whilst you may be attracted to a (wo)man based on looks/accent/fashion sense...please ensure that you do your due diligence on other aspects of these person so you can have a deeper understanding about the person you are about to marry.

2. Marrying for change. It is very bad to marry a partner hoping that (s)he changes. Unfortunately, that is one mistake a lot of couples have made and are still making. A man who smokes,drinks, womanizes; a woman who shows certain anti-marriage vices may not change even after marriage. Yes, change is inevitable, but this inevitability is not triggered by marriage and most couples realize this only after signing the dotted lines.

If a prospective couple displays traits that are deal breakers and has refused to change whilst courting, please let that person go.

3. Sexual compatibility: This is undoubtedly a reason for concern. If your partner's libido is high and you do not have the strength to meet up, its best you take a bow. Couples often times assume that this orientation would change after marriage, but it hardly does. This leaves the man at the mercy of sexual enhancers, disregarding the health risks that they trigger. The woman may also consider the use of aphrodisiacs that may put her on the ever-busy path of contracting cervical cancer.

4. Change is inevitable, but in some cases undesirable. Women should please ensure that they maintain a healthy weight even after marriage and childbirth. Men should please be patient with their wives as they try to bounce back. You don't have to cheat because your wife is out of shape. Woman,you don't have to keep eating as if food is going out of fashion, because there are a lot of desperate w***hes that are ever ready to take your place in your home. Please women, even though your fashion sense may slightly be altered after the junior and associates arrive, try and ensure that the change is not very drastic. Also make sure that the bedroom affairs remain hot. Be spontaneous!

5. Don't get married because you have come of age and/or because your peers have all settled. You should only marry when you are emotionally, mentally, spiritually and financially ready. I am of the opinion that a man should not be the sole financier in a marriage. Thus, woman, you have to earn your own money. I have also discovered that a woman who earns is respected by her husband and in-laws. Your in-laws won't have the tenacity to make baseless conclusions on the source of your wellbeing because they know that you earn.

6. Woman, whatever you earn should be for your family as well. Set out a percentage for your home. If you earn more than your husband, then you two should run a joint account, where you two would deposit a certain percentage monthly. This way, nobody feels less or more important than the other. This cheap talk of a woman's money is her money and that of her husband is their money needs to stop,whether it be a joke or not.

7. Husbands, please make a conscious effort to support your wives in the kitchen, especially if her job is tasking, when she is pregnant, nursing or indisposed. Don't listen to that voice in your head, telling you that as a man, you need not do that.

8. Marry your friend. A few married couples that I have related with would corroborate this fact. There will come a time where marital stress would zap out the love off your relationship. What would keep you going is friendship. So whilst you are courting or before that phase, try to build on friendship as well.
Let me stop for now

What I am trying to say is that marriage is fun and if couples can put in the work before and after getting married, it should be bliss galore.

Op, don't draw conclusions based on what you see around you. I feel you brought this here because you have found a jewel, but you are scared to commit. You need not be, set your own standards and leave by it. Love/court with your head and you will enjoy nothing but bliss.

Thank you Juliet.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Lexusgs430: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2021
chatinent:

I'm getting scared already. I want to see her as a friend instead. A very close friend.

Must be deeper than friendship.......... You can very easily cut a friend off..........
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 07, 2021
Marriage is not all about being good, wise or emotional. Its more than being a good wife or husband but it's about being intentional towards keeping your marriage and above all, making God your source of happiness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Saintmary(f): 8:29am On Apr 07, 2021
tete7000:

You are wrong, when you see a woman who married a real man, A man strong and godly, you will understand that woman has less work to do. Women has been so brainwashed to believe that making marriage work is all their duty that many don't even bother to look out for strong and capable men to marry but simply settle for anything and work their ass out to make their marriage work while the man philander around. God created the man to lead, not the woman. Sin turned everything on its head, and create situations where women seek to dominate. In the beginning, it was never intended so, and God's original intention has not changed.

Oh, how I love this your post.

Are you married?

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 8:32am On Apr 07, 2021
justhairs:
kai Marriage is not easy. I am speaking out of my 8 years experience. See the love is usually strong at the beginning especially when the responsibility is not much but with time it becomes harder to fuel love because there are a lot of things begging for your attention. And this includes children, house, financial burden, relatives, and so on. some people are super selfish in marriages they don't want to assist in the marriage but they want to be taken care of. See if you want to maintain the love in your marriage first as a man, You must form the habit of taking things out, help your wife with domestic chores especially when she is pregnant that is, if there is no house help, don't neglect her because she is going through at lot of changes in her body. some of them are very aggressive that period because of the kind of treatment they receive from their uncaring husband and as a wife pay attention you must give your husband attention, make sure to always talk things out with your husband don't assume he is fine. most of the reasons why some men feel unappreciated is because of lack of attention and communication. spice things up and please don't joke with his food nomatter how difficult it is for you. always help your husband understand your situation and ask for help if need be and above all a family that prays together lives together. Marriage is hard when you fail to take care of your responsibility or feel unconcerned and hope that it will take care of itself.

Thank you sir.
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Joydan95: 8:33am On Apr 07, 2021
chatinent:
While courting, you were better halves. What happens after marriage?

What happens after a week living together? and months, years? What happens to forever?

Does the love remain the same? Does it fade by itself? Are both parties always striving to resurrect it?

Of course, I understand it is not advisable to plunge into marriage!

What is life like in marriage?

What happens during a quarrel?

Does a partner always prove they are right?

Are there complaints? Complaints like one person washing the plates, and the other making it more tedious? Are there arguments about how the WC is to be used?

How and when are responsibilities shared?

What about insecurity?
Does it come on its own? Are there hidden thoughts one's partner may be cheating always?

What are the main responsibilities to keep a woman/man forever young in their hearts? What are the major needs?

What can make a woman still look very good even after childbirth?

Should the husband also do minor chores?

What happens when she becomes pregnant?

What is the major emotional need?

How is trust built?

To wives and husbands, what do you call satisfaction in a husband/wife? What needs does he/she fulfills make you feel satisfied?

What would you ever wish for?

Does the care and love remain the same?

I need experienced persons (married couples probably) to clarify me.

I've been thinking about these questions of late.
I have been married for a while now and I can say marriage is beautiful. It has its up’s and down’s but when there is love,understanding and respect you will definitely scale through.
The first step to enjoying your marriage is going into it with someone you truly care for and feel comfortable with, vice versa. During quarrel, observe your temperaments, two of you shouldn’t spark at the same time else it will lead to physical fights and that is terrible, one person has to be cold when the other is hot. I am naturally hot but when my husband is upset I just keep calm and in the end we talk about it calmly and apologize to each other. It has been working for us since 2018
In terms of chores, lol.... we both work voluntarily as in my husband sometimes wakes up and say he wants to prepare so so dish today and he doesn’t want to see my legs in the kitchen, when it’s like that I usually help to slice onions, blend the pepper , wash the meat and leave him to cook. He goes to the market without me asking especially if he is coming back home through that route. I am currently pregnant and I can’t count how many times he does that , he cleans the house without me asking or begging and serves me food (breakfast in bed and dinner).God bless him
Marriage can be boring at times so make plans to go out together during the weekends or go spend time in an hotel if you can afford it. Travel sometimes or just get away for some days, it makes the heart fondlier.
Trust is built when there is transparency, you need to be open about your finances and life. The moment you want to start creating privacy in marriage, trouble and distrust sets in.
The emotional need of a man is love, respect , food and s*x, never deny him of these unless you are pregnant, the s*x part is understandable. The truth is if you marry because of sex, you are doing yourself more harm than good cos there are times you will have to stay without it. Also take note that sometimes a man may break down emotionally due to work or money problem, support and pray for him
Last last, protect your marriage. The perfect marriage is what you create yours to be, live right, love right and be happy. Pray for your spouse, temptation too plenty ....never raise your hands on your wife no matter how she talks back at you( sometimes wire Dey touch for our head).

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by SunTzu123(m): 8:33am On Apr 07, 2021
You need only one skill to succeed in marriage; Problem solving Skills

I'm married for 16 years please.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Saintmary(f): 8:34am On Apr 07, 2021
tete7000:

I understand your point, a woman who supports her husband. I replied you because your response was ts to that of a person who wondered why all immoral misgivings must be blamed at girls' doorsteps. Men have leading role to play in the society. The society fails usually because men fail to lead. We should never teach our daughters to marry just any man for marrying sake. They must marry godly men who understand what marriage is all about. There are too many worldly, warped narratives about marriage that can easily confuse non-discernible minds. Narailand is full of such and I usually warn young people around me to be wary of what they swallow from social media, not usually a good place to look for marital advice. God is the author of marriage and irrespective of what the world preaches, his intention concerning what marriage should look like has not changed and he is ever willing to help those who look up to him navigate through difficult terrain of searching for and getting responsible and godly spouses.

Your opinion is just perfect.

Why not run a life coaching class for young boys.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by lucky4west: 8:39am On Apr 07, 2021
marriage is sweet and juicy, filled with fun, good sex without guilt, warm home made meals, chatter and warm embrace from wify and kids....but not always rosy but u have to learn not to expect too much from each other....stick to God and get to know his plans and purpose for marriage and ur lives....try hard to make money and be open with it don't hide ur money from each other, spend "your" money after the financial challenges at home has been mutually resolve: for instance when we are yet to pay rent, school fees for kids or boost wify's bizness i cant spend money any how...but when all these bills are paid my wife wont mind if i burn some cash any way/how i like ....worship in same church and do not allow social media or life of other people influence ur decisions at home....identify and admit ur limitations no de copy any body....do not keep grudges and do not allow a 3rd party come in to settle issues, if possible marry same tribe/dialect so when u quarrel no body can hear what u guys are saying: for instance in my home we have a rule any time we quarrel or argue it must be done in Esan language/dialect no matter the emotions u dare not speak English during a quarrel in my house( we are both post graduate folks ) and no report to any one no matter how close, we quarrel and settle ourselves and move on.....also identify what makes ur partner happy and try as much as u can to do that often: my wife like presents/gifts even if its just suya or roll on she will appreciate it and brighten up no matter her mood and for me once the kids are well fed, neat and have don their home work am good even if u never cook my food no issue just make sure my generation de ok....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Benyork4(m): 8:39am On Apr 07, 2021
Lower your expectations... And if you are lucky to marry your best friend you are really on point. Things can never be like before, it's never I but we. Total responsibility and beautiful lifestyle begins.

I REPEAT

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND WORK TOWARDS PERFECTION.
Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by chatinent: 8:41am On Apr 07, 2021
Joydan95:

I have been married for a while now and I can say marriage is beautiful. It has its up’s and down’s but when there is love,understanding and respect you will definitely scale through.
The first step to enjoying your marriage is going into it with someone you truly care for and feel comfortable with, vice versa. During quarrel, observe your temperaments, two of you shouldn’t spark at the same time else it will lead to physical fights and that is terrible, one person has to be cold when the other is hot. I am naturally hot but when my husband is upset I just keep calm and in the end we talk about it calmly and apologize to each other. It has been working for us since 2018
In terms of chores, lol.... we both work voluntarily as in my husband sometimes wakes up and say he wants to prepare so so dish today and he doesn’t want to see my legs in the kitchen, when it’s like that I usually help to slice onions, blend the pepper , wash the meat and leave him to cook. He goes to the market without me asking especially if he is coming back home through that route. I am currently pregnant and I can’t count how many times he does that , he cleans the house without me asking or begging and serves me food (breakfast in bed and dinner).God bless him
Marriage can be boring at times so make plans to go out together during the weekends or go spend time in an hotel if you can afford it. Travel sometimes or just get away for some days, it makes the heart fondlier.
Trust is built when there is transparency, you need to be open about your finances and life. The moment you want to start creating privacy in marriage, trouble and distrust sets in.
The emotional need of a man is love, respect , food and s*x, never deny him of these unless you are pregnant, the s*x part is understandable. The truth is if you marry because of sex, you are doing yourself more harm than good cos there are times you will have to stay without it. Also take note that sometimes a man may break down emotionally due to work or money problem, support and pray for him
Last last, protect your marriage. The perfect marriage is what you create yours to be, live right, love right and be happy. Pray for your spouse, temptation too plenty ....never raise your hands on your wife no matter how she talks back at you( sometimes wire Dey touch for our head).

Thank you very much, ma.

1 Like

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by Funkeshuga(m): 8:47am On Apr 07, 2021
have a stable income

don't spend all your money on wedding that's just 2-3days

make sure the woman you're getting married to has a job, independent, don't feel entitled, see you as a partner that needs support

don't carry house expenses on your head alone, carry your woman along in the expenses, no matter how high your present income is because nothing is constant

always communicate with your partner, don't keep grudges

avoid advise from third party

avoid argument that will lead to disagreement every time

2 Likes

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by bignero: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2021
mmadu4:
My advice to those who are yet to get married

rule number 1 never marry a girl who is the first daughter else you will bear all the family responsibilities

rule number 2 never marry a girl who has nothing doing . she will become a liability to you and will never contribute anything to the marriage .

rue number 3 marry a woman that loves you more than you love her ...

rule number 4 never marry a fair lady . those ones that use cream to turn themselves to white women . they mostly smell and are known to cheat a lot .

rule number 5 remember your wife is a stranger and isn't related to you in anyway so dont forget your real family while being married .

rule number 6 make sure you are financially able and mentally ready before marriage, dont be rushed or forced by someone or family to get married .

at the end we will leave this earth alone . so be wise and be smart

You guys that say marry who loves you, not who you love... Your all missing out and confused.

First off, we know that a "classy" girl that likes you, will be slow in showing emotions even though she loves you.. But a "village" girl will show everything and be very submissive etc.. But will that make your marriage perfect? Person whey like you her love node fade?,.. Also means you're settling for less, maybe less intelligent and not exposed as the classy girl.. Its not all about Bleep you know, some times you need a partner to match your intelligence, class, motivate you etc..
How will it take to see a girl that likes you more than you like her? What the instrument you will use to measure? So you'd keep on going from one ugly girl(yes because they know their market is hard, ugly girls will form most love) to another looking for who loves you more? Pele, infact fine girls can be the nicest.. Good luck on this your journey for who loves you more

You guys are cheating yourself.. Love can grow as long as you're a good partner..

Most importantly.. Man as a spiritual being is happiest when he gives love than when he receives love.. Marriage is a spiritual Union and 99 percent of humanity dont understand.. Thats the root cause of the problem.. So man is to find a woman who is worthy of him pouring out his love or" sacrificing" himself for.. Because real joy comes from giving love, not receiving love.. Thats what real love is.. Like when you spend all your money on your child and your children look splendid, your not happy because your children will pay, your happy because your pouring love on the object of your affection.. Sort of how God loves man.. Not because man can pay

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? by nanceeleecious(f): 8:51am On Apr 07, 2021
franchasng:
Op stop listening to hearsay from people on issues of marriage, especially people on the internet aka social media platforms.....most of them will paint marriage as one evil institution or another maybe out of their own failed experience they then go about generalising.....whereas millions of people around Nigeria and all over the world are all enjoying blissful marriage, so aspire to be those enjoying being married and that's what you will get because "law of attraction" works in life. You can use the power of attraction to attract all the goods things you want in life to your life, and you can also attract the negative to yourself. So always focus on the positive.

Now talking from my own personal experience as a young married man.....I have no single regrets....in fact I am enjoying being married than being single because it seems my life is now more organized and purposeful than when I was single. Mind you, I was doing well financially when I got married so I didn't marry out of no choice, I married at my own pace, not that I was a rich guy as in million million dollars oh, but I think I should be considered among the buoyant guys Nigerians see as rich; 2 tokunbo cars, live in a flat, own some landed properties being developed, owned my own business and few travel experience lol......but despite all that, when I look back at when I was single and compare it with now that I am sweetly and happily married, I can boldly say that my life is more organized and peaceful now than then lol.

I and my wife didn't officially court for a long time, we were on and off boyfriend and girlfriend all thanks to my stubborn and womanizing self lol, and her too much shakara too. I liked my wife when I first met her, she was so sexy like I desire my ladies as in, but this girl was not yielding to my moves....she indirectly accepted me oh but to fully put herself into the matter was an issue, which pushed me away to other ladies....and I always tell her that she was lucky cos I almost married another chick like that if not that she failed my final stage tests and all that.....pls ladies if you like a guy stop doing too much shakara for him cos you can lose him that way, my wife was lucky or maybe it was destiny that we would be couple at the end if not, her shakara was too much that pissed me off a lot.

But in all these, we still dated; officially for 2 years, unofficially for 4 years.....when I leave she will be the one to reconnect via Facebook chats or WhatsApp chats, especially during festive seasons, she must send me season greetings and ask how I was doing, which always got me confused and happy somehow lol. She was doing shakara but still giving me green light not to go that she likes me lol. She said her mind told her that I was a playboy that came to play her, so she was just scared of committing to me; I found out after we got married lol

So back to topic; if you are single guy, especially today, please and please, focus more on your finances; this is very important in having a successful marriage.....work work work work.....when I say work, not going around looking for job when you can't find one, if you cannot find a job, create one yourself. This is not impossible.....start something no matter how small......internet has even made it easier to start business today without any shop or office.....just have an online presence, find a business niche and be consistent and patient in your niche, it must pay off. Don't jump from one business to another just because some of your friends or people you know are making big money from it.....stay on your own lane and master it and be consistent.....and then have a clear vision of what you want, dream big oh......and always confess your heart desires without fear. Chase your dream.....while you lie down on the bed be visualizing what you want in life, I hardly sleep and it has become a part of me since teenage hood. This worked for me.

Working in an oil company or communication company or IT company or Bank or Telecom company or medical field or wherever is not the only way to be financially successful in life.....people are becoming rich from all fields of life, I am a living witness.....I have friends in virtually all fields of life and these guys are killing it money wise.....even in the things you despise and look down on.....I have a friend that's rich today through scrap recycling business......another in sound business......another in construction.....another in farming.......another in normal market trading business.....another is doing excellently well as a teacher, yes teacher......he now runs an online tutoring platform coupled with the fact that he owns a lot of physical tutorial centers in 2 different states.....so there is money in all fields of life, find a field and master it, dream big, introduce unique ideas into that field, monetize your new ideas.......multiply whatever that's working and keep doing it and you must be rich with time....remember success takes time. I started desiring to be rich from when I was a teenager lol....it may sound funny.....but while I was in higher institution, I was running businesses; extra morale classes for first year students, doing runs lol for WAEC, JAMB, etc students God forgive me, owned a call center, a photocopy center, game center......this was all as a student. I went for NYSC and launched a laptop selling business where I was serving and sold lots of laptops to fellow corpers lol

My whole point is, you need steady income to run a successful marriage today. But if you have done all your best and the money is not stabilizing the way you dream, please don't let it stop you from getting married.....but then, you must marry your friend to succeed in that situation if not, she will chicken out with time. Marry a lady that understand your vision in life, who also believes in your vision and efforts. Marry a lady who believes in time, who is also patient with life. Not all ladies are patient. Not all ladies believe that it will be better tomorrow, so don't marry such ladies......which brings us to communication during dating or courtship.....talk talk talk...don't keep mute around your partner while dating.

I have friends who married broke but today they are almost rich. Don't do this unless you have the inner conviction to do it, and like I said you must marry your friend to succeed in that condition and she must believe in you and time. Avoid lazy ladies....she may be working today but if you examine her, she is lazy. She maybe unemployed today, but if you examine her closely, she is not lazy.....avoid lazy, entitled, prideful and greedy ladies,they will frustrate your life.

Sometimes, marriage can bring you fortunes.....it can bring you luck, I don't use to believe in this, but ever since I got married, I started seeing my efforts yield more fruit than when I was single....and the moment we gave birth, it was as if my life entered a high speed.......things started working faster.......more results like its a charm lol.....I still give God all the glory.

Marriage is sweet if you marry the right person and if you prepare financially as a man. Don't have the mindset that you and your wife will share all bills....plan to cater for your family all by yourself and God will empower you for that....my wife works but I have never asked her to bring a dime for any of our family expenditure......not that this is ideal, but this is what every woman wishes for in life, even Billionaire Mrs Alakija wishes for this, and when you as their husband give them this, they will give you their best......but she must not hide her income from you, if she does, its a sign of worry. I know how much my wife earns even though she doesn't contribute, but sometimes I will jokingly tell her that I know she is planning to build a sky scrapper for her kids.....that its good....I also encourage her a lot to help her family members that stood by her while growing up....and to help people in need wherever she meets them with hesitation. But don't ever put your whole eyes on your wife's income if you want peace in your home, pray to God to empower you financially not to depend on your wife's income and you will enjoy peace in your marriage.

Before you marry, prepare financially....marriage today is financially draining if you want a standard family.....you can manage things also, but prepare, and tell God how you want your family or marriage to be, God is real oh, no let them fool you say there is no God, there is a supreme being above all humans oh.....I no be born again oh, but I tell you there is God. You don't even need much prayers to know your wife, just observe your inner piece and use your wisdom. If you are struggling financially, don't marry a jobless or unemployed lady, biko dont do it, its suicidal.

You see all those fashion designer ladies, they are good for marriage oh, that their handwork is good.....you can invest in her.....its far better than marrying an unemployed graduate lady hoping that she would secure job with Shell soon lol.....jobs don cast.

I am married but still feel like I am single.......no stress....my wife gives me freedom, peace of mind, space but she is also a monitoring spirit lol. The only thing she doesn't trust me with is beautiful ladies with big big ass because I love beautiful ladies with killer shape eh, na only that thing fit carry me go hell fire in case any of una see me for hell fire oh shocked shocked

and to the last part of your question, yes it remains....my wife didn't change.....in fact her love and care is even increasing to my fear lol.

Some ladies love more when they get married....so it all depends on the lady you married and how you take care of her.....but most importantly, marry a friendly lady with less baggage and keep working to have a steady income, it makes marriage sweet. Be positive and you will marry the best. I never imagined myself having marital issues while single....I use to ask friends then that why will I be fighting with my wife na.....that it cant happen and its what I am experiencing......and always encourage your wife to keep fit and watch how she eats......you must help her monitor her tummy, ugliness of a woman starts from the tummy, apology to all ladies struggling to keep their tummy flat, pls forgive my use of this word cry cry

As for house chores, I was lazy from childhood when it comes to house chores, that's the only reason my father flogged me then, but my mom always defended me then and I love her to pieces for all that she did for me then lol.

Even while single I hated house chores, it made me eat out often while in school to avoid washing plates and pots lol. So my wife know this before we got married and she never expected much from me and all thanks we have few domestic staffs that assist. But whenever I am around and in good mood then, I make her room bed lol, maybe dust her mirror stand, etc, but I bath and dress my little boy often (I cherish doing this one a lot)

Well said! Lengthy but worth reading! Keep enjoying marital bliss!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Celebrates 50th Wedding Anniversary In Style / Couples: If Given Opportunity, Would You Renew Your Marriage Vow After 2 Years? / Wives, What Would You Do When Your Husband Starts Beating You Up?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.