Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries (8540 Views)

APC's David Jimkuta Defeats Gov Darius Ishaku To Win Taraba South Senate / NAF Graduates Another Set Of Six Instructor Pilots / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by wwwihy: 10:37am On Apr 07, 2021
GeneralPula:
This kind of Governor deserves to be kill!

No mercy for who no dey show mercy..

Haha..

77 months shocked
Killed
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Mikeal09: 10:37am On Apr 07, 2021
9ja... Our great continent.
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by ccwizard: 10:39am On Apr 07, 2021
All of you making comments didn't even bother to read the write up. Typical Nigerian youths always jumping to conclusions by reading only the headline. Read below.

The unpaid 77 months salaries of 18 non-indigenous workers of the defunct Nigeria Sunrise newspaper which has accumulated to over N73 billion.

The court which is located in Jos, the capital of Plateau State, was said to have been assigned with the responsibility of presiding over the case.

The said defunct newspapers which was established by the late governor of the state, Danbaba D. Suntai, in 2010, went out of existence shortly after the 2012 plane crash that rendered him incapacitated before he was eventually called to glory.

Narrating the ordeals they have been going through since the refusal of the state government to absorb them into the state civil service like their counterparts who have been absorbed due to their indigene status, the aggrieved workers believe that dragging the governor to court is the surest way out of their present predicaments.

1 Like

Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by dikeigbo2(m): 10:43am On Apr 07, 2021
obembet:

Don't be surprised that same workers will still vote this man again even if he contest 10 times.

exactly thats the problem.....not minding their years of suffering ,they will be bought with coursed pentar of rice,party vests and teeshirts and some months salary payment with fake promise of paying all after the elections
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 07, 2021
I know our politicians aren't fulfilling their promises and are selfish, but I find it hard to believe this. 77 months?
Na wa oh, make una lie small small abeg��
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by stanluiz(m): 10:52am On Apr 07, 2021
wwwihy:
PDP GOVERNORS AND WICKEDNESS
Why politizing the situation ? So you are telling me that No APC is owning salary ?

Is osun state not owning up to 6 months salary. What about ganduje of kano that spend billion of Naira just to entertain tinubu yet he can't pay full salary to kano state workers.
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Babisha10(m): 10:58am On Apr 07, 2021
That governor is a disaster to man kind I don't blame him but the CAN for always preaching that we should voter for him but they failed to advise him pay workers their entitlement
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Brushstrokes20: 11:03am On Apr 07, 2021
Only a red revolt can salvage the doomed shithole!

These heartless crooks in power should keep pushing the people.......
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by ccwizard: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2021
Babisha10:
That governor is a disaster to man kind I don't blame him but the CAN for always preaching that we should voter for him but they failed to advise him pay workers their entitlement

How can 18 persons earn over 70billion in 6years. That's not right.
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Numerouno94(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2021
Yahaya Bello comes to mind.
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:16am On Apr 07, 2021
I think it high time a bill is sent to the Senate where it will be proscribe under law that any employer or government who fails to pay his employees at the end of the month will be prosecuted n charge to have failed the law.....
it's just inhumane for them to receive there own pay and hoard others own...anytime i wonder if our leaders have conscienceat all!
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Joystark(f): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2021
Jesus Christ!
How can you owe someone for 7years??
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Duplexxx: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
Are you sure
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by gbengaeed(m): 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
...Nigerians are Nigerian. a company goes into extinction two year after it was open due to some reason, you sit down there counting month for a company the doesn't exit, yes some indigene find their way into the civil service but you are there doing nothing probably working with another company and yet expecting the state government to pay salary for something that is no longer there. the governor did not integrate you into the government payroll you are taking him to court. all Nigerians are rapist everybody wants to Bleep this country to death.

2 Likes

Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by edoairways: 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
wwwihy:
PDP GOVERNORS AND WICKEDNESS
APC is worst off
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by MadamExcellency: 2:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
How are they still workers after 77 months demanding N76 billion salary arrears as if Taraba State worth that money without Federal Allocation? The Newspaper is moribund and bankrupt, they should demand for cessation benefits and go get another job like everyday Taraba citizens.

1 Like

Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by cenmysterio: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
I am really surprised that no one is making comments in reference to the staggering amount mentioned.

They said the accumulated sum is about N73 Billion , this goes to show that they are also very greedy human beings. How much is each person's salary, are you telling me that they receive more than N50 million each a month, common.

How much is even the state allocation, that only 18 persons working in a newspaper firm oh are claiming billions?
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Grucho1(m): 4:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
how much is their monthly salary which amount to a total of 73billion for about 7yrs?
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Blackdisciple(m): 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
Chaiii
Re: Another Set Of Workers Drag Ishaku To Court Over Unpaid 77 Months Salaries by Queenserah26(f): 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
77 months salary shocked I give up

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bashar Isah: Malami, Others Will Resign Before APC Primaries / Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode / The Scam Statistics From NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.