Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,789 members, 7,806,187 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month (25494 Views)

Simy Nwankwo Equals Aiyegbeni’s Decade-old Goalscoring Record / Simy Nwankwo: My Goal Against Juventus Changed My Career For The Better / Aiyegbeni Names Best Striker In Super Eagles Squad Ahead Of AFCON (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by robosky02(m): 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
How Simy Nwankwo became the best striker in Europe in last 1 month

The Nigerian has been in red-hot form for struggling Crotone in Serie A since the turn of the year.
Crotone forward, Simy Nwankwo, has beaten the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Robert Lewandowski and Erling Haaland to emerge as the most potent striker in Europe in the last one month.

The Nigeria international found the back of the net eight times in five league games for Crotone between March 3 and April 3, 2021.

Simy's run started with a consolation goal for Crotone in a 5-1 drubbing against Atalanta. Four days later, he followed up with two goals against Torino to help his team to a rare 4-2 win.

The Super Eagles striker continued his free-scoring form against Lazio on March 12, but his brace was not enough to avert a defeat as Crotone went down 3-2.

Simy also scored one of Crotone's goals in their 2-3 loss at home to Bologna on the 20th of March. And just last Saturday, he wrapped up a goal-filled month with yet another brace in a 4-3 defeat against Victor Osimhen's Napoli.

In the whole of Europe, only Bayern Munich's Lewandowski has come closest to the Nigerian in terms of goalscoring in the period under review.

The Polish goal machine has made the bull's eyes seven times followed by Karim Benzema with six goals. Simy's compatriot, Kelechi Iheanacho, scored five times for Leicester City; a figure matched by Juventus' Ronaldo and Gerard Moreno for Villarreal.

Simy Nwankwo equals George Weah's record

Simy is not just scoring goals, he's also breaking records in the process.

After scoring against Napoli over the weekend, he became the third African to score in five consecutive Serie A matches, a feat previously achieved by the Liberian great, George Weah at AC Milan in 1996 and Senegalese, Keita Balde for Lazio in 2017.

Only Ronaldo with 12 goals has scored more than Simy in Serie A since the beginning of 2021. The Nigerian has found the net 11 times, tied with Atalanta striker Luis Muriel.

Although Simy has been unstoppable in Serie A this season with 15 goals in 29 games, this hasn't robbed off on his team as they continue to lead the table from bottom with nine rounds to go.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/how-simy-nwankwo-became-the-best-striker-in-europe-in-last-1-month/tst1655

15 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by OfficialGaGa(m): 5:29am On Apr 07, 2021
My first FTC abi na FCT wic sef ??....

First FTC since I joined in 2017... I gat a feeling this month is going to be a good month for me and for you... Amin

BTW, good for the lad sha... e nor easy.. even tho dem nor dey give best europe player of the month award.... he try...
but my one major issue with most of our players is dat they are mostly in "small, average or mid table to relegation" kinda clubs.... No offense.. but only few... scantily few of them dey europe's top club and dey play UCL...

And that quality tends to show and rub off the super eagles

lala, make I send my aza??

6 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:30am On Apr 07, 2021
He is trying for Crotone but he could not and cannot replicate that form for the super eagles

What a pity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Bampeh: 5:31am On Apr 07, 2021
He is an hardworking guy and also knows how to position himself on the pitch. His work rate in training is also something to admire.

bampeh likes his new form

9 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by PlayerMeji: 5:31am On Apr 07, 2021
We will soon see how one player became the best player in the past 24 hours...

10 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by uzohcars(m): 5:32am On Apr 07, 2021
Just give us biafra and see how we will fish out more potentials hidden within us. Congratulations brother .

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Reference(m): 5:34am On Apr 07, 2021
Hmmm...then Juve had better keep him in Serie A to replace the lazy Alvaro Morata.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by GreaterFuture3: 5:34am On Apr 07, 2021
Interesting

Do you have Cut Metal/Iron Scraps for sale?
Please Hit me up, I want to buy as many as 2000 Metric Tonnes. Serious Persons, good sensible prices Please, Thank you
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Hillarie(m): 5:35am On Apr 07, 2021
Good to hear something nice about a Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Alejoas(m): 5:35am On Apr 07, 2021
This guy appear easy going and getting the job done. Our external battery guarantees you between ten to twenty four hours extra working hour on your laptop. Don't let power issue delay you and don't get mistaken for a Yahoo boy because of your generator noise.
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Lagoon0: 5:37am On Apr 07, 2021
grin pesin dey stroll BBQ guy up there

4 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by AfriNotesNEWS: 5:38am On Apr 07, 2021
Nice of him
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Alejoas(m): 5:41am On Apr 07, 2021
I have ten to twenty four hours guaranteed external battery for your laptop. Do you need one? Come let's deal
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Mattswaggz: 5:44am On Apr 07, 2021
He sure deserves to play in a better team,,, Wish him the best of luck.
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Victorclean1: 5:47am On Apr 07, 2021
Everytime good in Nigeria must come from the Southern Nigeria.

Can any Fulani man make this country proud outside?

Why are we in same country with the Fulani?

2 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by nakaman: 5:52am On Apr 07, 2021
age is not on his side

1 Like

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Neimar: 5:56am On Apr 07, 2021
Best striker kor
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Mikelarteta(m): 5:57am On Apr 07, 2021
Kanu Nwankwo is really trying o. As old as he is still making waves.
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:57am On Apr 07, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS Simy.

Best strikers in Europe itlom

Wow, that's wonderful

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by ArmaniUhuru: 5:57am On Apr 07, 2021
EKWENSUBBQGRILL:
We the entire staff and management of CANNIBALBBQGRILLS commend our darling daddy for delivering the deadly crosses and through balls that won Simy the Ballon D'Or award.

Thank you daddy

EKWENSUBBQGRILL

36 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Rosskiiku: 6:00am On Apr 07, 2021
Victorclean1:
Everytime good in Nigeria must come from the Southern Nigeria.

Can any Fulani man make this country proud outside?

Why are we in same country with the Fulani?

How did ''Fulani'' enter your head in this discussion?

Tufiakwa.

These days it's you lot that are the fanatics, not the Fulanis.

4 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Teejay13(m): 6:02am On Apr 07, 2021
Impressive to see young Nigerians doing amazingly well outside the shores.

Kudos to him!

1 Like

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:02am On Apr 07, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
He is trying for Crotone but he could not and cannot replicate that form for the super eagles

What a pity
How many matches has he played before you started judging him?

1 Like

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Obason22(m): 6:05am On Apr 07, 2021
How could u rates him best striker in Europe, do u understand what u are u saying, somebody that have 0.5 per goal, crotone still remain at bottom of table after they successfully destroy my ticket in thier match against Juventus which they won with alone goal. Haba
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by Skyfornia(m): 6:06am On Apr 07, 2021
With this kind of success always coming from the east... I'm not sure Nigeria will ever let the Zionists go.
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by HealerH: 6:09am On Apr 07, 2021
I have him in my Dream League Team. grin
Plays him in all the positions: attack, midfield and defence. His height is very advantageous when you're playing online games.

Ball wey Leo Messi go do high-jump to nod, he'll stand fix on his spot and collect it with his chest. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by wallay77(m): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2021
The guy dey try
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by nairalee(m): 6:09am On Apr 07, 2021
Nigerian players doing wonderfully well in Europe
Re: How Simy Nwankwo Became The Best Striker In Europe In The Last 1 Month by sammyj: 6:10am On Apr 07, 2021
grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nairalander With Obafemi Martins (obagoal) In Dubai / Governor Sanwo-Olu Donates Coaster Bus To FC Robo (Pictures). / Iain Kachi Kanu's 9th Birthday Celebration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.