Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP (30605 Views)

Profile Of Usman Baba Alkali, The Acting Inspector-General Of Police / President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP / Graphic Photos Of Usman Umar Belel Killed During Shiite Protest In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by Keemsleek005(m): 2:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
fergie001:
This Elders' Forum is always very funny.

You have 2 APC Governors yet the SE had no AIG until January...So do you want the President to pick a CP promoted to AIG in January to be IGP?

Even the only AIG promoted, Uche Anozie is retired, leaving the SE without an AIG.

Now is the time to start lobbying for more CPs to move up.

You become proactive rather than reactive.

Pls i was about asking, if there's no igbo AIG or is it possible to just bring a junior officer ahead of the senior ones and make him IG as they want. Cos i believe these new Aig must b the highest ranking police officer.
I think the problem here is southern as less officers and the period d northern people took d military serious we were after office jobs so now the deficiency is showing.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by OmoOshodi(m): 2:33pm On Apr 07, 2021
5%
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by Sunday2021: 2:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
The president life depends on this security appointment, so you want buhari to appoint people that hate him?
Ohanneze! We already know that you are the people sponsoring those ipob terrorists, so continue gathering money for them we don't care. But we will deal with them mercilessly if they attack any federal government infrastructure again.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by ScamHunter: 2:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
No just Igbo were sidelined. You do not blame Fulani for not taking chances. Why should they appoint you knowing that you'd be a clog in their wheel of domination? Cornering all security apparatus, judiciary, finance and economy plus the electoral body is essential to perpetuate power and totally subdue all Nigerians. Ohaneze should stop making noise. This is what every sensible person saw in 2014 and warned Nigerians. It is stupidity to cry over spilled milk. Rather think of how to defend yourself from their foot soldiers cutting wide swats in tears and blood. For the rest of the idio-ts from the South hoping you'll be president in 2023, berra invest in prayer and fasting or more coffins. Mumu Africans with zero strategic insight.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by fergie001: 2:38pm On Apr 07, 2021
Keemsleek005:
Pls i was about asking, if there's no igbo AIG or is it possible to just bring a junior officer ahead of the senior ones and make him IG as they want.

Cos i believe these new IGP must b the highest ranking police officer.
I think the problem here is southern as less officers and the period d northern people took d military serious we were after office jobs so now the deficiency is showing.
This IGP was the second highest ranking officer before his appointment.

You move from CP to AIG and the Police Act states that an IGP can only be picked from those within the rank of AIG or DIG.

There is no SEner who is AIG presently. The focus should be on recruitment where the SE will definitely be disadvantaged because of the number of States and focus on the politricks of promotion.

That is where the SE leaders and indeed, Ohanaeze should beam their searchlights on.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by Sunday2021: 2:39pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ohanneze should know that buhari cannot appoint enemies of this country as security chiefs.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by Akachai2030(m): 2:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
We are the reason for our problems. Action speaks louder than voice.. They know Igbos will not take non sense.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by Keemsleek005(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2021
fergie001:

This IGP was the second highest ranking officer before his appointment.

You move from CP to AIG and the Police Act states that an IGP can only be picked from those within the rank of AIG or DIG.

There is no SEner who is AIG presently. The focus should be on recruitment where the SE will definitely be disadvantaged because of the number of States and focus on the politricks of promotion.

That is where the SE leaders and indeed, Ohanaeze should beam their searchlights on.

Thanks exactly my toughts
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by ipobarecriminals: 2:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
sad Usual towncriers with their chest beaten lifestyle sad.Dey should elavate una constable/DPO uchenna to IGP grin sad? IPOB yweets are confused
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by fergie001: 2:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
Keemsleek005:
Thanks exactly my toughts
Always welcome Sir
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by toprealman: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2021
fergie001:

Is it Stanley?

He has always been an OUK loyalist...He is not holding any position I can think of rn.
He is now retired. My point is that they are the guys to speak up against marginalisation of the region.
I get the fact that he is with OUK, but to what end exactly?
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by fergie001: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
toprealman:

He is now retired. My point is that they are the guys to speak up against marginalisation of the region.
I get the fact that he is with OUK, but to what end exactly?
I thought you were discussing about Stanley and surprised he had gone to APC....something he did years back.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by Tupaq: 3:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
Strong statement indeed! Next news jare
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
fergie001:

You have 2 APC Governors yet the SE had no AIG until January...So do you want the President to pick a CP promoted to AIG in January to be IGP?

Even the only AIG promoted, Uche Anozie is retired, leaving the SE without an AIG.

So no AIG until January. Was it that no IBO qualified for promotion until January or they voluntarily retired from service before being promoted to AIG and DIG or they were frustrated out. You mean they have to lobby to be promoted to higher ranks when their coursemates are being promoted. Is that the justice and equity Nigeria we are talking about ? Please, we need more explanation.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by nnamdico82: 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
You cant do anything, proof to him that you are not a betrayal and see, only u want Biafra and at the same time IGP useless people
Islie:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/ohanaeze-kicks-as-buhari-appoints-usman-alkali-baba-as-acting-igp/amp/
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by fergie001: 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
babaolofin:

So no AIG until January. Was it that no IBO qualified for promotion until January or they voluntarily retired from service before being promoted to AIG and DIG or they were frustrated out. You mean they have to lobby to be promoted to higher ranks when their coursemates are being promoted. Is that the justice and equity Nigeria we are talking about ? Please, we need more explanation.
Even the CP, Uche Anozie was promoted days before his eventual retirement. They retire at 60.

So as at today, 7/4/21... No AIG from the SE geopolitical zone.

1. Recruitment is part of it, as most in the SE don't leave the University and say they want to join the Police. There is almost no enlightenment in that area.

2. Politricks involved will almost always not favour the SE. Anything from CP above, is intense lobbying. Their coursemates simply lobby.
Political leaders in the SE are very good at speaking grammar more than the English people when they get to Abuja.
They often will promote them in the twilight of their careers.

3. Most of the officers were simply caught up by age. By the time they get to the CP-position, they are already in their late 50s and nearing retirement.

The Igbo who is DIG will be leaving by June next year, and he was just made DIG Dec last year.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by naijainform: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
who is ohanaeze
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by conscienceman4(m): 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
Sidelining the most qualified igbo man for Alkali was very calculated.
Now you should believe when IPOB said they had no hand in the Owerri vandalism and freeing of prisoners.

This is deep.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
Baawaa:
What stronger statement than empty threats we have been hearing here and there.
Shut up angry
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by sukieboy(f): 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
Islie:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/ohanaeze-kicks-as-buhari-appoints-usman-alkali-baba-as-acting-igp/amp/

Tribalist and insincerity. Why is the group far becoming FG appointment monitor? This country is bigger than the three silly ethnic groups that continue to cause us distress and backwardness.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by favour32(m): 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
Which President?
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by shankara7: 3:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
fergie001:

SouthEast has a DIG
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by fergie001: 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
shankara7:
SouthEast has a DIG
The Police Act states that every geopolitical zone must have a DIG. So, it is shared by Geopolitical zone amongst the arms of the Force Structure.

Because, the SE had no AIG...Joseph Egbunike, a CP was moved straight to DIG to replace Celestine Okoye who retired on December 22, 2020.

Egbunike himself will retire on the 4th of June next year.

I was speaking about AIG not DIG
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by amuwo1980: 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
fergie001:

Na them thinking they are smart, if yardau can be promoted to a general and made a number two, if jamb have different quotas for u and your types so why not same in the services for the disadvantaged parts of the country

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by fergie001: 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
amuwo1980:

Na them thinking they are smart, if yardau can be promoted to a general and made a number two, if jamb have different quotas for u and your types so why not same in the services for the disadvantaged parts of the country

Ask the people the SE sent to Abuja.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by plaindealer: 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
Of course, are you tribal bigots supposed to like and welcome the IG appointment.

When GEJ gave the SE nearly all the appointments, you tribal bigots were happy, but the North did not cry, even when the SW complained and shout marginalization, these tribal bigots ridiculed the SW.

There's more to life than daily wailing, tribalism, bitterness and bigotry.

grin grin
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by LordPsalm(m): 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
Okay nah.Is Baba not a Nigerian again? At a time I almost joined to reason with the moral suasion of giving the post to a competent Nigerian senior police officer of Igbo extraction, I changed my mind when I recall how IPOB terrorists burnt down Lagos after their IPOB leader instructed and commanded his IPOB members to burn down Lagos in his viral audio.

Now that the ipob terrorists have escalated to killing our Igbo brothers and sisters in uniform and burning down the South East. We should not make the same mistake we made with Boko Haram when we appointed the security chiefs on primordial sentiments.

If Baba is the most experienced and competent to flush out terrorist like IPOB, I sincerely and wholeheartedly support his appointment.
May God give him the wisdom to succeed. Enough is enough.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.
You are not Igbo. Plus you sound dumb n stupid

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by danngnews: 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
Sunday2021:
Ohanneze should know that buhari cannot appoint enemies of this country as security chiefs.

And Buhari would not allow same enemies to go their separate way?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by ojialo(m): 3:50pm On Apr 07, 2021
ohanaze ndi Ara
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by flokii: 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
No fvcks given..

When they did theirs during GEJ, they laughed. Now that they are getting far worse treatment under PMB, noone cares.
Re: Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP by kellybently(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
Islie:

Pro Ohanaeze ll still pay him visit in office very soon. CAN did it to Buhari. After much condemnation they still visit him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan's National Identity Card (For Age Clarification Rumour) / Yoruba Nation Group Releases Names Of Agitators Allegedly In Police Detention / Anti, Pro-Akpabio Protesters Storm National Assembly Over NDDC Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.