Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (19460 Views)

Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange / Oscar Onyema Marries Annette At 52 (Photo) / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Newboss(m): 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2021
omoadeleye:

Don't mind them, in fact, the 38 trillionon of today is equivalent to the 10 trillion of last ten years.

So, no shii he achieved.

Not true. Do some basic maths
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Jeux: 5:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
Time for aboki to replace him
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by onelovenigeria(m): 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2021
good day guys ....i made a post before about my lighting business....and i have just uploaded photos of the available items and all my product are pay on delivery so you will be safe...guys pls follow my instagram page @ifexlightingworld .... i'm looking forward to doing business with you... please you can dm me thanks

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by DeFixer: 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
omoadeleye:

Don't mind them, in fact, the 38 trillionon of today is equivalent to the 10 trillion of last ten years.

So, no shii he achieved.

Please can you show us how you arrived at this conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by extol1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
buhari should do us a favor by extending his tenure since he is not up to retirement age.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Ritapearlydove(f): 6:00pm On Apr 07, 2021
Funny
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by kirkwood: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
He would have been replaced long time ago, if the NSE was a federal government establishment. It is not; it is a private company, the same way you have commodities exchanges, like AFEX, etc.

The SEC which regulates NSE had since replaced a Southerner with a Fulani person.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Vaughanlanrewaj: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:
They will soon bring one mallam to scatter Nigeria Stock Exchange! Just watch who replaces him
This is bigotry and you will reap what you sow in life.
Oscar is not a bigot. I wonder why I bigot will want to foul up our memories of him.
The immedate past chairman of NSE is a Mallam and the current Chairman of SEC that regulates the NSE is a Mallam yet the NSE has remained formidable. Yet the market had the ignoble past of being in shambles under a Southerner Dr. Mrs Onyuike Onyinkwereke.
Mr Oscar has done tremendously well, please don't foul up the flood of congratulations to a great Patriot like Oscar. Apart from the MTN shares scandal and that most cases like that of Ololo remained unresolved, I give him a great pass mark.
Wishing him all the best.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Ibime(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
fnep2smooth:
Nice one...
From 10 trillion to 38 trillion.

Naira devaluation did 75% of that work, plus he joined just after the Sanusi Tsunami so the only way was up
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by OlujobaSamuel: 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
Elsueno:
grin

NSE is an enigma, it doesn't work like other stock exchanges as in bad news or good news doesn't necessarily move the stock prices up or down.

Amazing ain't it grin
Lol, Nigeria wasn't in consideration when Physics and Economics Theory were formulated, so we tend to defy all logic/theory/formula.
Btw, why are they still using that pako (wood), i believe there must have been changed of office furniture inside annual budget once every two years ooo, yet the change no show for physical, Na only for paper.
To you all saying Bubu go appoint his goons, he can't in this case, the NSE is a private company not belonging to not controlled by the government, SEC is what govt control.
NSE is to SEC, just as FBN, GTB is to CBN or MTN is to NCC.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by mayo47(m): 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
lalasticlala:
Oscar Onyema has completed his tenure as the CEO of Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), according to a tweet by Tolu Ogunlesi.

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1379805819559088128

He's still at the "Stock exchange" but now the Group CEO of Nigeria Exchange group. NSE only underwent a restructuring called Demutualization.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Advocate500: 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2021
Militant30:
if the foolanis like themselves I will not blame them because the Ibos are the most greedy sets of people, Here in Ph, Immediately an Ibos man sees his brother progressing in a specific location he will meet the landlord of the stall to give him the place at a higher rate above the one his Ibos brother is paying, this is what I noticed when one came to meet my uncle that he is interested in the shop his brother is occupying,
the same to army,if an Ibo man meet his brother in the military the officer will pretend never to know him but an Hausa/Fulani will help his brother even when he is wrong.

Give an Ibo man Nigerian Army, Police, Navy free form to share He will go home and sale it to the highest bidder so why blaming a Fulani man?
what is the meaning of this display of stupidity in the name of tribal bashing, why bringing tribalism to a thread that has nothing to do with tribalism you this moronic idiot?
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by sameks08(m): 6:19pm On Apr 07, 2021
another position for Fulani illiterates
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Militant30: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2021
Advocate500:
what is the meaning of this display of stupidity in the name of tribal bashing, why bringing tribalism to a thread that has nothing to do with tribalism you this moronic idiot?

When we state the obvious you guys will bring your certificate of stupidity to the public with a full container of annoyance but when you bash other people we take it in good faith,stop wailing bro and accept the truth.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Proffessorr: 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:
They will soon bring one mallam to scatter Nigeria Stock Exchange! Just watch who replaces him

He’s not retiring yet. Rather, he has now became the Group CEO (heading the Non-operating Holding Company).

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:
Go and check NCC, NITDA, NCS, NPA and FIRS performances under your kinsmen and their current flare under Mallams and see who is better!
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by prophetfire: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
athaboi:
. Yes, Fulani ti take over. Trust the illiterate Buhari.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
lalasticlala:
Oscar Onyema has completed his tenure as the CEO of Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), according to a tweet by Tolu Ogunlesi.

Where oga bihari dey make im com do what im dey do best, put another northerner.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by gnykelly(m): 7:14pm On Apr 07, 2021
Elsueno:
grin

NSE is an enigma, it doesn't work like other stock exchanges as in bad news or good news doesn't necessarily move the stock prices up or down.

Amazing ain't it grin

It is not only NSE Germany and China have same qualities

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by ofiko123(m): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2021
Congratulations to Oscar onyeama, wishing him success in his future endeavors....
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by gulfer: 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2021
Fingers crossed ⚔️ on part of the country the next CEO of the stock exchange will be chosen from angry angry angry
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by 0neal(m): 7:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
Congratulations Boss
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by BigBashiru: 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2021
Elsueno:

I think we should either sack the CBN Governor or the Finance minister & give the job to this dude cheesy

That clueless cbn governor clearly deserves the sack. Basic things such as printing lower denominations he can't do....all he does is give excuses.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Advocate500: 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
Militant30:

When we state the obvious you guys will bring your certificate of stupidity to the public with a full container of annoyance but when you bash other people we take it in good faith,stop wailing bro and accept the truth.
when you see your fellow bigot you engage in such argument,I have never bashed any tribe not on this forum or any other place.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by BigBashiru: 7:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
Coronabirus:
Go and check NCC, NITDA, NCS, NPA and FIRS performances under your kinsmen and their current flare under Mallams and see who is better!

This should be a white vs black comparison....compare all countries run by whites vs countries run by blacks and see which fares better.....

Igbo Hausa Yoruba are all blacks and the backwardness of Nigeria and Africa is glaring for all to see.... so it's not Yoruba vs Hausa it's black vs white...
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by babestella: 7:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
lalasticlala:

When buhari hears 38 trillion, he'll shout and next, he'll send one Mohammed there to bring the money for 2022 budget.
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by SavageResponse(m): 7:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
Boye33:
Mohammed or Adamu coming in.

You're very correct
Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Elsueno: 7:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
gnykelly:

It is not only NSE Germany and China have same qualities
Oooh.... fascinating...will look into that, thanks for D info

1 Like

Re: Oscar Onyema Completes His Tenure As CEO Of Nigerian Stock Exchange by Otiwaikuku: 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
lalasticlala:

They can now appoint their kins men,
They should take this post also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Bars FG From Freezing MTN Bank Accounts / Investment Idea Needed. I Have N3m Idle Fund To Invest. / Nigeria Stock Market Among The Top 5 Global Performers In 2017: CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.