Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? (4016 Views)

Making Daily Money From Toilet/tiles Wash,insecticides And Rat Poison / Dsa Needed In Kwara, Osun, Ekiti And Niger States / Office Politics And Rat Race - A School As A Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by micellgevity: 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
Pls what should this person do?

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by ayterajah(m): 8:27pm On Apr 07, 2021
What's this one saying

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by dhope: 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
micellgevity:
I have heard Kwara State salary structure is bad but I didn't know it is too bad like this. My little piece of advice is to keep the job u currently have and double ur hustle to look for lecturing job with ur Master degree irrespective of the location u get it.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2021
7 years? You’ve been feeling helpless for 7 years and you stayed put? Nah nah

You’ve been consumed by fear. Purge that fear and you’ll begin to see the world as your oyster.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Samyj247: 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2021
na wa o. people de suffer o
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by micellgevity: 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2021
ayterajah:
What's this one saying
You've never been there before, and I pray u won't experience it. Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 10:44pm On Apr 07, 2021
iamadonis2:
7 years? You’ve been feeling helpless for 7 years and you stayed put? Nah nah

You’ve been consumed by fear. Purge that fear and you’ll begin to see the world as your oyster.

I'm just curious though. If he leaves the job he's doing, then who will do it? The reality is that pay in Nigeria is low because Nigeria is a poor country. There's nothing wrong with the job he is doing but the pay is poor because Nigeria is poor. That job and several other civil services jobs are necessary for local, state and federal government to function but the pay is poor because Nigeria is poor. Nigeria is a poor country.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Skillsnigeria: 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2021
It is well
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Taitaiwo: 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
Go and learn skill...
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 07, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

I'm just curious though. If he leaves the job he's doing, then who will do it? The reality is that pay in Nigeria is low because Nigeria is a poor country. There's nothing wrong with the job he is doing but the pay is poor because Nigeria is poor. That job and several other civil services jobs are necessary for local, state and federal government to function but the pay is poor because Nigeria is poor. Nigeria is a poor country.

It’s not about the job right now. I strongly believe life is to be lived on the premise of doing what makes you happy. Apparently he’s been unhappy for 7 years.

That’s too long a time to feel like you can’t control the course of your life, or make new decisions.

When a man wants to help himself [and find his destiny], the whole universe conspires to help him. It’s called “Beginners luck”.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by flourishing247: 2:27am On Apr 08, 2021
Start a side hustle. Supply farm produce.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by milcah5050: 5:06am On Apr 08, 2021
Go and learn skill...
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by conscienceman4(m): 5:25am On Apr 08, 2021
With a master in Education, you are a hot cake.
Look outside your vicinity.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by anochuko01(m): 6:39am On Apr 08, 2021
Them tie your placenta for kwara state

Leave your kids with your wife and come to Lagos. If you're very good, coupled with your masters degree, you'll surely get a school that'll pay you 80k and still offer you an accommodation. Within two years you'll be able to get a teaching job that can fetch you up to 150k in salary and probably lesson charges. Such schools would even offer you trainings and certification opportunities.

In summary, leave your family in kwara and Comman hussle on the Island here in Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Khd95(m): 7:01am On Apr 08, 2021
How does. Man who earns 39k without any other source of income think of marriage

Better to live a single broke life than bring extra mouth into your misery, that leads to depression,crime and eventual suicide

When you are single and broke, you are worried about your self alone, no kids or wife to worry about, that gives some level of relief

Dear men, please don't marry when you are broke and struggling with the notion that a wife and children bring riches, wealth and stability, na trap ooo

If you are not comfortable enough to feed atleast 4 people comfortable, no marry oo, else your wife will sleep outside with Rich guys and you won't be able to do nothing

Know this and know peace

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by micellgevity: 7:18am On Apr 08, 2021
Taitaiwo:
Go and learn skill...
Pls suggest a skill.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by micellgevity: 7:20am On Apr 08, 2021
Khd95:
How does. Man who earns 39k without any other source of income think of marriage

Better to live a single broke life than bring extra mouth into your misery, that leads to depression,crime and eventual suicide

When you are single and broke, you are worried about your self alone, no kids or wife to worry about, that gives some level of relief

Dear men, please don't marry when you are broke and struggling with the notion that a wife and children bring riches, wealth and stability, na trap ooo

If you are not comfortable enough to feed atleast 4 people comfortable, no marry oo, else your wife will sleep outside with Rich guys and you won't be able to do nothing

Know this and know peace
Know that things were not as bad as this before, even 20k was something before. If not for the rising inflation in the land...
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Ikennablue(m): 7:33am On Apr 08, 2021
iamadonis2:

It’s not about the job right now. I strongly believe life is to be lived on the premise of doing what makes you happy. Apparently he’s been unhappy for 7 years.

That’s too long a time to feel like you can’t control the course of your life, or make new decisions.

When a man wants to help himself [and find his destiny], the whole universe conspires to help him. It’s called “Beginners luck”.
you've been reading the Alchemist �
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by GreaterFuture3: 7:35am On Apr 08, 2021
flourishing247:
Start a side hustle. Supply farm produce.
And How's that going at your end?
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by femi4: 7:57am On Apr 08, 2021
Get a side hustle....look within your environment and find a problem you can solve.

You ve been sitting on a long thing for so long....it's time to take that giant step

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by BigDawsNet: 8:12am On Apr 08, 2021
With your masters in Edu

You need to start applying for jobs in tertiary institution....

Before then do you even hold a Nigerian recognized teaching licence
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 08, 2021
Ikennablue:
you've been reading the Alchemist �

And I’ve been practicing the truths in that book. Nice to meet a fellow gang-member cool
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 8:46am On Apr 08, 2021
iamadonis2:

I see what you mean. Its just that sometimes Nigerians have this mentality that everyone should be out there making money. Very wrong. The sad fact is that not everyone will become rich, no matter how hard they try. Its just not physically possible for that to happen. Also, not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. Its just nature. That is why it is very important for a nation to set the structures up to provide a high standard of living for its citizens. That way an individual could be working as an engineer with the local government and will still be able to buy a house (mortgage), by a car (finance), send his children to top quality free schools (government), access good quality health care (government), be able to look forward to a decent pension when he retires and still manage to build up reasonable savings. All this will be done without the need to involve himself in anything shady or corrupt.

Only people who really want to will end up doing business and not like a situationin Nigeria where most people have no option but to do it and still don't manage to succeed. That's why you have so many substandard businesses in Nigeria with very rude, unprofessional and unmotivated unhappy people running them. Some of these businesses are also being subsidised by illicit and corrupt activities where money is being siphoned from government establishments. Also these people see their government jobs as "Tachere" and don't take them serious. These are supposed to be important jobs that underpin the successful operation of a nation. I used to have a friend who worked for immigration, and he will not touch his salary for years because he was doing various businesses. At best, he'll pop into the office for about 30 minutes, joke with one or two people and he's off again.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by AgentGoat: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2021
micellgevity:

Abi na you

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Kingluqman(m): 9:41am On Apr 08, 2021
Na wa ooo!! Baba even made a mistake in writing gmail. God go shower blessing on you ooo.. the country hard
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by heniford2: 10:15am On Apr 08, 2021
micellgevity:
even if na daily contribution of 500 7yrs u 4 done get enough to start up stuff 4 urself oh baba
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by LikeAking: 10:45am On Apr 08, 2021
Abeg make una help am.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by micellgevity: 11:45am On Apr 08, 2021
Kingluqman:
Na wa ooo!! Baba even made a mistake in writing gmail. God go shower blessing on you ooo.. the country hard
Person dey look for solutions you dey bring up problem again ��

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Elliotwaveforec: 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2021
Khd95:

Know this and know peace

Gbam! Truth is bitter. All those saying the salary is small up there earn far less than that. Many Nigerians are just living fake lives.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 08, 2021
Stupid emotional blackmail
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2021
Khd95:

Know this and know peace

God bless you with more wisdom.

Tell them. Most men it's their middle leg that usually land them into a hot mess. Once they start earning little change, fiam! They'll start looking for girlfriend and in the process the girl will get preggy. marriage don start be that. No proper planning.

If you are not financially bouyant, don't marry. Damn societal pressure because they won't help you when the struggle starts. Marry at a convenient time.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Chimeluv(f): 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2021
He can look for another teaching job with higher pay in another state or add real estate business to his present job.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot Vacancies / First Bank Calling For Graduate Trainees Again. / How N-power April Stipends Will Look Like After Selecting Your Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.