Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? (4038 Views)

Making Daily Money From Toilet/tiles Wash,insecticides And Rat Poison / Dsa Needed In Kwara, Osun, Ekiti And Niger States / Office Politics And Rat Race - A School As A Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by PlsBanMe: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2021
This one does not know that even if you married with a six digits salary job, nothing is absolutely sure.

You can lose the juicy job months after marriage and you may stay for years before getting another.

How about that?

Khd95:
How does. Man who earns 39k without any other source of income think of marriage

Better to live a single broke life than bring extra mouth into your misery, that leads to depression,crime and eventual suicide

When you are single and broke, you are worried about your self alone, no kids or wife to worry about, that gives some level of relief

Dear men, please don't marry when you are broke and struggling with the notion that a wife and children bring riches, wealth and stability, na trap ooo

If you are not comfortable enough to feed atleast 4 people comfortable, no marry oo, else your wife will sleep outside with Rich guys and you won't be able to do nothing

Know this and know peace
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by micellgevity: 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2021
PlsBanMe:
This one does not know that even if you married with a six digits salary job, nothing is absolutely sure.

You can lose the juicy job months after marriage and you may stay for years before getting another.

How about that?

True
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by ignis: 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
femi4:
Get a side hustle....look within your environment and find a problem you can solve.

You ve been sitting on a long thing for so long....it's time to take that giant step

Motivational speaker.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Ikennablue(m): 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2021
iamadonis2:

And I’ve been practicing the truths in that book. Nice to meet a fellow gang-member cool
nice to meet you too. That book is a guide bro. Are you in the whatsapp book club?
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Amaechi2023(m): 7:08pm On Apr 08, 2021
dhope:

I have heard Kwara State salary structure is bad but I didn't know it is too bad like this. My little piece of advice is to keep the job u currently have and double ur hustle to look for lecturing job with ur Master degree irrespective of the location u get it.
standard of living in kwara is cheap though.
but still it doesn't justify that kind of meagre salary.
well the man sef no help himself.
salary of 35k and e go marry wife..
himself no try nah, and e remain for that long ND poor job.
e no help himself nah!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by micellgevity: 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2021
Amaechi2023:
standard of living in kwara is cheap though.
but still it doesn't justify that kind of meagre salary.
well the man sef no help himself.
salary of 35k and e go marry wife..
himself no try nah, and e remain for that long ND poor job.
e no help himself nah!!
Pls stop what you know not. Kwara is number one or two out of the list of states where prices of things go up anyhow according to the NBS. Nowhere in Nigeria that is not hard currently. And for your information, the guy lives in his own house and was doing fine before getting trapped in this rat race.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2021
Ikennablue:
nice to meet you too. That book is a guide bro. Are you in the whatsapp book club?

I had no idea there was a book club.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

I see what you mean. Its just that sometimes Nigerians have this mentality that everyone should be out there making money. Very wrong. The sad fact is that not everyone will become rich, no matter how hard they try. Its just not physically possible for that to happen. Also, not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. Its just nature. That is why it is very important for a nation to set the structures up to provide a high standard of living for its citizens. That way an individual could be working as an engineer with the local government and will still be able to buy a house (mortgage), by a car (finance), send his children to top quality free schools (government), access good quality health care (government), be able to look forward to a decent pension when he retires and still manage to build up reasonable savings. All this will be done without the need to involve himself in anything shady or corrupt.

Only people who really want to will end up doing business and not like a situationin Nigeria where most people have no option but to do it and still don't manage to succeed. That's why you have so many substandard businesses in Nigeria with very rude, unprofessional and unmotivated unhappy people running them. Some of these businesses are also being subsidised by illicit and corrupt activities where money is being siphoned from government establishments. Also these people see their government jobs as "Tachere" and don't take them serious. These are supposed to be important jobs that underpin the successful operation of a nation. I used to have a friend who worked for immigration, and he will not touch his salary for years because he was doing various businesses. At best, he'll pop into the office for about 30 minutes, joke with one or two people and he's off again.

You sound really wise and mature. The kinda orientation someone would have obtained from either traveling to a few other societies or socializing with upwardly mobile individuals

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This Rat Race I Put Myself in Kwara? by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 3:54am On Apr 09, 2021
iamadonis2:

You sound really wise and mature. The kinda orientation someone would have obtained from either traveling to a few other societies or socializing with upwardly mobile individuals

I don waka small.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook To Launch Job Board / Recruiting! / Between Diamond Bank And GTB, Which Pays Higher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.