Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? (21187 Views)

7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment / Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos / THE NEW FACE OF FLOURISH RESIDENCE 2 BY SHOPRITE, BEAUTIFUL! JUST BUY AND BUILD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by LeeSantos(m): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
There must be a good number of youths.
Area with so much kids and few youths puts me off.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by arcahmad(m): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
Before moving to new location, you have to consider the following:-

1. Security
2. Water supply
3. Nearness to work place
4. Electricity, among others.
I hope this help
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Goldbw122(m): 8:48pm On Apr 14, 2021
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by TheyVid(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Water and an independent prepaid metre.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Eriokanmi: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Electricity, good road network(all thanks to ambode) and proximity to the airport
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by MrOkenwa(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
-Security
-Nearness to your work/source of livelihood.
-Good power supply
-Good road
-Less than 20 minutes drive to good healthcare facility, school for kids.
Not far from civilization...
Stay away from these areas : Yahoo boys colony, 2 or more churches/mosques.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by KidDarkness(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Presence of fine, eye catching babes with succulent frontassi and backassi

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by DonTim1: 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2021
Internet service, power stability, good roads, absence of okada, keke, Street trading, good school, security and ease of access.

And yes, good and connected working class people grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by pxcrown: 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
That's what's up
Iamanovercomer:

Mine would be a absence off all you listed.

I prefer a dull and serene environment so that when I’m home, I know I’m coming to rest my head

These days I also prefer a gated estate due to the crime wave in the country

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by yomi007k(m): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. Safety/Security.
2. Health care services.
3. Food/Accessories market or supermarket.
4. Transport system/network and traffic.
5. Population density.
6. Water-supply and flooding problems.
7. Power- AC current(pre paid meter) and fuel stations.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by OmoAkin85: 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
Check if bird and cat too much..if e dey i no rent
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Backcheck: 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
Do they rob in your area?

Thats the first question
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Franklydes(m): 8:54pm On Apr 14, 2021
iamyemiakins:
There are several factors that people put into consideration before moving to a place for residential purpose. Factors such as:

Presence of filling station(s).
Presence of neighbourhood markets or big supermarkets.
Presence of gas station(s).
Presence of clubhouse(s)
Presence of open bar/beer parlour.
Presence of football viewing centre(s) etc.

What are the things/factors you consider before moving to a place for residential purpose?

for me, i look for security and calm, electricity, access able roads, a good market place and place no religious settings around i hate them noise
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Fuckss: 8:55pm On Apr 14, 2021
Ashawo house
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Mcslize: 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. Security of the area. How safe is the place? Do they waylay people in the night in the area?

2. Constant water supply. This can't be overemphasized. Do they pump water if there is no light?

3. Electricity situation in the area. How often do they supply electricity in the area.

Those are the most important factors I consider on the top of the scale of preference.

Every other factors are secondary compare to those above.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Jack005(m): 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
[img][/img]Hi
Wiseandtrue:

Electricity, place of work and market!

The landlord must NOT reside in the compound
Depends on the type of landlord. My landlord resides in my compound but I can categorically tell you that the man no get anybody time.. Landlord wey I dey chance grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by kingemaker(m): 8:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
Power, security and good road network
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2021
Presence of enough olosho centers grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by ictjobber: 8:59pm On Apr 14, 2021
election2023:
Presence of God's mercy.....I hate juju infested or occultic environment or house....

Presence of comfort, water, urbanization etc

Nigeria as country is in the hands of Satan. So calm diwn
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by karzyharsky(m): 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
Bet9ja shop
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Lamasta(m): 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2021
Bread and beans joint very very important

Closeness to Bank, Market, church and major road

The environment must be quiet, peaceful for my sanity...

Their must be water, electricity very very important too.....

Every other thing is secondary....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by GeneralPula: 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
First thing is if they’re selling weed in the area?
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by aikyg(m): 9:02pm On Apr 14, 2021
Living in the same house with the landlord is a "No-No".

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:03pm On Apr 14, 2021
One redeem church want kill me with noise for my new place, theirs na everyday with very unprofessional drummers/singers, coupled with bad power supply which also translates to no water supply. Gosh I'm frustrated.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by mariby: 9:04pm On Apr 14, 2021
Security situations in the area.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
Lagosinter1:
Light
Road
Quietness
Security
Nearness to market
Lack of amebos in the street or compound.
Neatness of the house itself.
I know some will include proximity to ashawo joints. grin
Etc
Just look up a little
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by djlyrics(m): 9:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
Strong internet connection
Constant power supply
Water
Good road
Serene environment
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2021
Constant light and water.
Proximity to my place of work. Then security.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by sinola(m): 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
election2023:
Presence of God's mercy.....I hate juju infested or occultic environment or house....

Presence of comfort, water, urbanization etc

This is why I refused to pack into my bungalow apartment I built in Igbogbo,Ikorodu.
Those people there are so fetish and diabolic coupled with the activities of 'one million' boys and those one that goes with matchet and cutlass called Badoo.
I am regretting building house at that area.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by SimplePlan34: 9:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
gistray:
Is the landlord living in same compound?

Is ashawo house close

Who goes to ashawo house in his neighborhood?
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by McLizbae: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
Good road and good power supply.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Pat081: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
RapistOnBail:

1. Church and mosque. Those guys are mad! They no get place near my heart.

2. Electricity. Atleast 15hrs of light daily.

3. A good ashawo house must be close by.

4.good beer joint too

5. Football game center
And some guys who will be like me too to give me information

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos / Sudden One Month Quit Notice: Please We Need Advice On Solution / I Want To Know The Measurement Of A Standard Master Bedroom Size In Meters Pls..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.