Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? (21194 Views)

7 Things To Consider Before Renting An Apartment / Fire Destroys Imo Residence, Spares Only Bible - Photos / THE NEW FACE OF FLOURISH RESIDENCE 2 BY SHOPRITE, BEAUTIFUL! JUST BUY AND BUILD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by CodeTemplar: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
RapistOnBail:

1. Church and mosque. Those guys are mad! They no get place near my heart.
2. Electricity. Atleast 15hrs of light daily.
3. A good ashawo house must be close by.

@ Number 3, what about graveyard?
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by CodeTemplar: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by mrgbenga1: 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
Electricity!!!
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
I don’t joke with water and constant light, every other things can be sorted

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by RapistOnBail: 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2021
CodeTemplar:

I no Dey fear who don die
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by uBuNiT: 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2021
presence of ndi beanyi
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by greggng: 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
[quote author=iamyemiakins post=100590346]There are several factors that people put into consideration before moving to a place for residential purpose. Factors such as:

Presence of filling station(s).
Presence of neighbourhood markets or big supermarkets.
Presence of gas station(s).
Well organised neighbourhood security
Presence of schools for the children
Good hospitals
Presence of churches
Good road networks

To me this is what I needed

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by SimplePlan34: 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2021
Check the Nepa bill of d new house u are packing into, how flood prone is d place.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by CodeTemplar: 9:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
RapistOnBail:
I no Dey fear who don die
Based on Ashawo lifestyle, death no far again be that o. You suppose also reason graveyard in case e cast.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by UwaMmebii(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
Electricity and water supply
a place or compound where beautiful ladies abound
place with fast internet service
an area that has hotel, bar, joint.
Proximity to market
Worship center
Neatness of the house because I despise dirty
An area that's free from efcc disturbance.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Exmilitant(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
BrainEya:
undecided
*Is it close to where I'm working?
*Is there electricity power?
*Are there bois that behave like cultist.
*Are there too much worldly girl that are capable to reduce you to low battery �
*Important of all, is local fence where I can prepare soup without breaking bank, I mean where I can gather water leaf, orha, bitter leave, editan, atama, even peeper sef and borrow maggie join.. grin
My kind of person.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Emperor88(m): 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2021
1. The Area must be active at night. Not rough but like lively e.g Ikeja ....I can't live in an area that 7pm will look like 1a.m.
2.Water. Very essential
3.Not too religious... I can't live in Saudi or Kano

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Phemact1: 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2021
Changing a Location is but take a look how close is it to your work place....
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by RapistOnBail: 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2021
CodeTemplar:
Based on Ashawo lifestyle, death no far again be that o. You suppose also reason graveyard in case e cast.
Nothing go cast.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by samwash(m): 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2021
First ,& foremost I consider the Environment, compound neatness
Water
Security
Electricity
Proximity to my place of work & worship center
Proximity to market, shopping complex , view centre
I also check if it's erosion pron area during raining season.
I don't stay in a compound not more than 3in a compound .
The road leading to my house should be tarred .
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Emperor88(m): 9:20pm On Apr 14, 2021
RapistOnBail:

God bless you bro but I will swap the no.2 with water and no.3 with with recreational centers like night clubs, bars etc

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 14, 2021
Electricity
Flood wen it rains
Landlord
Serene environment
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by sonnie10: 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2021
Good school system, security and closeness to work
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Cutehector(m): 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2021
Sensible landlord.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by BrainEya(m): 9:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
Exmilitant:
My kind of person.
Boss e no easy o But e go beta one day

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by sisisioge: 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2021
Proximity to work. I dislike traffic
Access roads
Calmness of the area
Security
Ventilation. Chai...I love window
Nepa issues- Bills, meter and supply
Then the space itself

I cant shout fa.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by briggson07(m): 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
Pastor David ibiyeomie once said "if u want to change your residence don't just pack,go and write down the advantages of where you are and where you which to pack to,do same with the disadvantages and you are good to go"

Meaning u should compare.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by RapistOnBail: 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
[quote author=Emperor88 post=100800998][/quote]I for list the recreational center. But for ashawo house, small recreational center Dey there
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by thuxzwda1: 9:37pm On Apr 14, 2021
Jestin:
Check if electricity is average
Check for security coz some areas, omila dey write them letter

grin
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by chiiraq802(m): 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2021
I don't check for anything ... whether light dey ooo, abi rood good ooo,

ah go stay as long as KPOLI man dey around weh go dey arrange my ARIZONA for me... We are good to go.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Primusinterpares(m): 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Proximity to work place.
Not too expensive rent(Shouldn't be nor that 2 months of salary)
Serenity of the environment.
Good utilities ( electricity & water)
Good neighbourhood..

But then, reality sets in:
I remembered how Lagos agents chop my money in the name of showing me houses when I was looking for house.
last last I had to opt for somewhere that is close to work. Although the environment is not my type of place I got to manage there with my family for the main time.
+ Although the area looks rough and densely populated to an extent it's kinda secured, electricity is a bit fair, water na zero. local man gat to buy water on a steady during the dry season.
One good benefit is I can walk to work if I want to.
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by brainhgeek(m): 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Electricity, good today, sane neighbors and the king of them all, security
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Legendguy(m): 9:46pm On Apr 14, 2021
I hate residential area that they used grave yard to decorate the compound, mostly Yoruba people. Can't they take their dead to muntuary?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Hollawayn05(m): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2021
How close is the Masjid
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by Legendguy(m): 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2021
remymartyn:
1. Proximity to place of work
2. Proximity to the market
3. Viewing centre must dey the hood grin
4. And neatness of the environment
If you live in Lagos or kano every where' na market
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by 77star: 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2021
election2023:
Presence of God's mercy.....I hate juju infested or occultic environment or house....

Presence of comfort, water, urbanization etc
me too
Re: What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? by professore(m): 9:57pm On Apr 14, 2021
I started seeing nearness to the hospital, is the place motorable during rainy season and other nice comments that made this thread worth going through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Plan Of A 2 Bedroom Block Of 4 Flats - Need Suggestions / Contact us for Soil Test, Water Borehole / Core Drilling, Pille Foundation today / 100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.