Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki (1001 Views)

Naira Will Appreciate, Dump Your Dollars To Avoid Tears – Onanuga / Nigeria Will Soon Shock The World, Naira Will Be Strong Again – Pastor Enenche / 2023: Naira Will Hit ₦5,000 Per Dollar If.... – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by Justseyii: 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2021
We will wake up one day and the naira will be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki

ECONOMY‘We will wake up one day and the naira will be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki has raised an alarm over the state of Nigeria’s economy and country’s rising debt profile. According to him, borrowing money to meet the country’s ailing economic needs is no longer tenable.

The Governor spoke on Wednesday during a meeting with the Transition Committee members at the Government House in Benin.

“In another year or so, where will we find this money that we go to Abuja to share every month? Last month, we got FAAC for March. The Federal Government printed an additional ?50 to ?60 billion to top-up for us to share,” he said.

“We say remove subsidy, they say no. This April, next week again, we will go to Abuja and share. By the end of this year, the total borrowing is going to be in excess of ?15 to ?16 trillion.

“My worry is that we will wake up one day like Argentina, the naira will be ?1,000, ?2,000 and will be moving because we don’t have money coming in. You are just borrowing, borrowing and borrowing without any means or idea of how to pay back.” he said

https://www.studentvillage.com.ng/questions/question/we-will-wake-up-one-day-and-the-naira-will-be-n1000-governor-obaseki/
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
Useless people, you don't patronize Nigeria university, every Friday you fly to Dubai just to fornicate with our actress, You Obaseki use foreign product, I was in egypt before covid-19 ,99.99% of what they used is produced by their country, Useless leaders, my regret was not joined military when I had the opportunity by now I would have staged coup kill all of you, I just hate all of you... Rubish

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by 4everisaac(m): 8:12pm On Apr 08, 2021
The worst is when the government borrow for recurrent expenditure.

The amount of money that public office holders lavish can be harnessed and spent responsibly so there will not be any need of borrowing. Public office holders, including the president and his aides need to cut down their costs so we can have enough money in the system. Subsidy removal or not is almost insignificant. If not for the corruption in the subsidy of a thing, I will not even mention it as a solution to external borrowing.

But wait o undecided when will Nigeria stop the importation of petroleum products?Is it not crazy how we turn around and buy the same thing that we sold out but at exorbitant prices? If there is no importation of petroleum products, should we be bothered about subsidy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by lilvicky68(m): 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2021
As a governor what have you done in your state to improve the economy...stop wailing and start working..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by heendrix(m): 8:24pm On Apr 08, 2021
we that saw these things told Igbos in 2015 but they said the next best thing that will happen to Nigeria after suya and cucumber is Buhari

See am now
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by ThatFairGuy1: 8:27pm On Apr 08, 2021
You're part and parcel of this as a governor, NEVER exclude yourself.
WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO CUSHION THIS EFFECT
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by sammyj: 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2021
Useless leaders only do anything that causes pains to their masses even if it causes them pains for their own personal gains !!! lipsrsealed
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by Ogegeodey(m): 8:36pm On Apr 08, 2021
You have access to the president. Tell him face to face and stop disturbing us here
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by Jostoman: 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2021
supportnija:
Useless people, you don't patronize Nigeria university, every Friday you fly to Dubai just to fornicate with our actress, You Obaseki use foreign product, I was in egypt before covid-19 ,99.99% of what they used is produced by their country, Useless leaders, my regret was not joined military when I had the opportunity by now I would have staged coup kill all of you, I just hate all of you... Rubish
we know that you are in pains because Obaseki talked about The useless economy we are running in Nigeria presently.
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by Queenttoast01: 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
This will happen in the northern Nigeria after we break up, foolish people
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by fourboys: 8:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
gringringrin
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by providencia(m): 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
I am not a fan of obaseki. Are you sure obaseki said this?? There was an error in the title and the error kept repeating in the write up. This could be the hand work of a blogger who doesnt know his left from his right.
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by Terorislam: 8:58pm On Apr 08, 2021
Many so called Nigerians are even so tired of the shithole ,
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by xtocom: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
You're part and parcel of this as a governor, NEVER exclude yourself.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO CUSHION THIS EFFECT
you hear say Uk the repair Oga ear? him can't hear so our government. my school primary school teacher can run this economy perfectly than the mess we see ourselves but the chance is not giving to him.
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2021
Jostoman:
we know that you are in pains because Obaseki talked about The useless economy we are running in Nigeria presently.
See another hypocrite, Obaseki is a governor, what effort did that useless fucker do to create jobs aside from creating the like of DPO OSARO, some of you are online defending rubis, I know most of these useless people more than you, in 2017 April i was in Adis, one of the DG in Nigeria came with a female KOPA serving in his office spending public fund on her ... Stop say unnecessary things here, I know these people more than you.
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by Etinosa1234: 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2021
If not that ize-iyamu was unwise, obaseki would never have remained governor
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by abitex577(m): 10:15pm On Apr 08, 2021
Ok
Re: We Will Wake Up One Day And The Naira Will Be N1,000’ – Governor Obaseki by OnyeOlokoro(m): 10:18pm On Apr 08, 2021
mtcheeew

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity - We don't have a government at federal level - Governor Ortom / Dele Momodu Praises Nnamdi Kanu, Commends The Collaboration Between The South / FG Vs Twitter - I Stand With President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.